Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
KR question so please scroll if you don't care. :D

Should I be running all the "extra stuff" even though I'm only into chapter three? Stockades etc is what I'm referring to. Also when should I start actually caring about gear?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Every day you want to run your daily quests, which includes Stockades (and I think it's part of the Weekly too?). So you definitely want to keep on top of those.

Gear you don't need to worry too much about until Tier 7 Legendary (aka Dragon) gear and Unique Weapons/Treasure/Artifacts. Once you've got T7 gear you want to look for 3/4 good stats (Penetration, Attack, Crit, Crit Damage, Attack Speed and to a lesser extent Lifesteal are good DPS ones) and then you can start Awakening them with your "spare" gold. Once you're using T6 gear you can worry about +20ing it, since you'll need to Transcend people to hit 71 and be able to wear T7 gear, and it's pretty common to get stuck then (I assume T7 was post-launch leveling) for a little bit. I probably wouldn't bother with runes until at least T6 and probably T7, again depending on how long you feel kind of stuck. Just grind any runes worse than Purple, and save your Ancient's for the really good gear (unique weapons, 4/4 stat gear).

Also make sure you're keeping on top of the Inn every day to progress your recruitment or get a new hero recruitment started (if you don't want them, just wait until next reset and another option will show up).

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Are there any not-lovely Warhammer games for Android? Or is it all poo poo?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Warhammer 40k, or fantasy?

Space Wolf is 40k, and not horrible. Decent little deck building turn based strategy, not incredibly deep.

Freeblade is like a 3rd person shooter thing, haven't played it but it seems well received.

There is a Space Hulk out, but it is apparently hot garbage.

In fantasy, there is Doomwheel, which is a silly infinite runner where you play a skaven doomwheel. Was fun for 10 minutes.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Knowlue posted:

It only bothers me a bit because I see a bunch of new posts in the thread so I thought a new good game was released

welcome to the android game thread lol

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Warhammer 40k, or fantasy?

Space Wolf is 40k, and not horrible. Decent little deck building turn based strategy, not incredibly deep.

Freeblade is like a 3rd person shooter thing, haven't played it but it seems well received.

There is a Space Hulk out, but it is apparently hot garbage.

In fantasy, there is Doomwheel, which is a silly infinite runner where you play a skaven doomwheel. Was fun for 10 minutes.

If it's a Space Hulk game and it is super disappointing it's keeping the legacy alive

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The chess game Regicide isnt half bad. I also enjoyed Carnage, which is a run and gun game.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dungeon Cards is a neat little game I just found, about dungeon crawling by moving your character around a small grid of cards. Almost like Card Thief in execution, no ads of iap I've encountered yet. Simple and easy, seems like a nice little toilet game.

Looks like a clone of Look Your Loot. Or maybe the other way around.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Warhammer quest is fun, especially if you have a tablet because then you can play it like a board game with multiple people controlling different guys.

Also the talisman games are fun, but a bit clunky on Android.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.
Applied to King's Raid Goonsquad as grrarrg in case there will be room soon.

Edit: or it doesn't let you apply when full.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
There's room now, have 4 spots.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

DemonMage posted:

There's room now, have 4 spots.

This drat game got its hooks in me too

App'd

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Got an ancient scroll from a BD75 today, and now Selene's earrings are amazing.

:iia:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
King's Raid looks extremely pervy. I don't think my wife and kids would understand.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

FistEnergy posted:

King's Raid looks extremely pervy. I don't think my wife and kids would understand.

It's a gacha game, of course it's extremely pervy, how else do you get people to throw down hundreds of dollars to get their favourite waifus. gently caress, even Fire Emblem Heroes is pervy as poo poo, and that's a Nintendo game.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Morpheus posted:

It's a gacha game, of course it's extremely pervy, how else do you get people to throw down hundreds of dollars to get their favourite waifus. gently caress, even Fire Emblem Heroes is pervy as poo poo, and that's a Nintendo game.

Fire Emblem does not compare at all. I tried King's Raid, and when the first priest chick you unlock walked on the screen, I compulsively looked around to see if anyone was looking. It's pretty bad.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Morpheus posted:

I stopped playing Heroes real quick.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
You're going to have to be more specific with which Heroes game.

Fire Emblem Heroes, Bit Heroes, Galaxy of Heroes, Idle Heroes, Heroes Charge, Heroes Evolved, Click Heroes, Heroes Arena, Hyper Heroes, Farm Heroes Saga, World War Heroes, Guild of Heroes, Age of Heroes, Free Heroes 2, Heroes of Order and Chaos, Pocket Heroes, Random Heroes, Heroes Tactics, Heroes of Steel RPG, Gladiator Heroes, Final Heroes, Pixel Heroes, War Heroes, Heroes 2, Heroes Infinity, Legion of Heroes, Genki Heroes, Heroes of Loot, Soul of Heroes, Larva Heroes, Heroes & Monsters, Epic Heroes War, Crossy Heroes, Dragon Heroes, Hopeless Heroes, Heroes Paradox, Swap Heroes 2, Heroes of Dawn, Heroes Rise, Tap Heroes, Heroes of Hellas 3, Shop Heroes, Guns'n'Glory Heroes, Card Heroes, Dash Quest Heroes, Rogue Heroes, Taptap Heroes, Celsius Heroes, Farm Heroes Super Saga, Heroes Will, Celtic Heroes, Call of Heroes, Heroes of Dragon Age, Army of Heroes, War City Heroes, Super Pixel Heroes, Gunstar Heroes Classic, Football Heroes Pro, Occidental Heroes, or Infinity Heroes?

Edit: I don't know how I missed Fire Emblem Heroes in your quote lol

cage-free egghead fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 3, 2018

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
In Tap Wizard RPG should I just be focusing on marking up certain spells or raising them all up evenly? It seems to me like I should focus on the ones that give increased spell xp passives first, then the powerhouse spells that are really good, then the rest in order of useful passives.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

AnonSpore posted:

In Tap Wizard RPG should I just be focusing on marking up certain spells or raising them all up evenly? It seems to me like I should focus on the ones that give increased spell xp passives first, then the powerhouse spells that are really good, then the rest in order of useful passives.

How often do you get dungeon keys too? I squandered the first one.

Passives only work when the spells are equipped right?

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay

AnonSpore posted:

That is optimal, but anti armor, defensive and situational ones can speed you up

RBA Starblade posted:

Passives only work when the spells are equipped right?
The developer said they are always active.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Oh guess I should start mixing it up then.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Passives work all the time, with or without the spell equipped. There's a 'stats scroll' in the bag that will show you the cumulative bonuses you've earned, and also a bunch of other numbers, if that's your thing. Long term, you'll want to rank them all up evenly since all of them tend to have at least one universally good passive. But focusing on the ones that give a spell xp bonus first is probably a good idea.

Dungeon keys are just random drops. Sometimes you get a 'crumbling' version, of which you can only hold one at a time, that opens a random strength dungeon. So you can luck into the equivalent of a dungeon that's been infused several times and gives you 5 charms when you finish. I'm really not sure on the drop rate, but I usually tend to get another one not too long after using one, of either the crumbling or the regular type.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments

J3ng4 posted:

Marvel Strike Force has been in soft launch for a while, I think it's going to be out sometime soon. It's a lot like Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes in many ways. I have made an Alliance called Goonsquad so if anyone wants to join if they got in early. I am pretty sure the Alliances are not locked to different shards but if they are that sucks. I'll keep watch once it goes live for people posting.

<- Buttcoin. Just joined.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

In tap wizard, can I melt down copies of spells into something useful? I have 3 copies of a bunch of spells now and none of a lot more.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Fire Emblem does not compare at all. I tried King's Raid, and when the first priest chick you unlock walked on the screen, I compulsively looked around to see if anyone was looking. It's pretty bad.

I just clicked on the link to the playstore and was like :yikes:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

syscall girl posted:

I just clicked on the link to the playstore and was like :yikes:

Which is such a bummer, because the game looks like a lot of fun.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

NPR Journalizard posted:

In tap wizard, can I melt down copies of spells into something useful? I have 3 copies of a bunch of spells now and none of a lot more.

You can melt down runes to make more runes, but not spells, no. But each extra copy of a spell is a 5% damage boost to it, so they're not entirely wasted.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

King's Raid does allow you to adjust the perv level of your characters by buying costumes for them. All the scantily clad characters I have are now wearing much more frumpy outfits than their default duds.

There's no way to disable the "ooh sexy waifu/husbando~~~" loading screens though, so I generally don't play the game in public :v:

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

BobTheJanitor posted:

You can melt down runes to make more runes, but not spells, no. But each extra copy of a spell is a 5% damage boost to it, so they're not entirely wasted.

Also you can equip multiple copies to gain xp faster for that spell.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

King's Raid does allow you to adjust the perv level of your characters by buying costumes for them. All the scantily clad characters I have are now wearing much more frumpy outfits than their default duds.

There's no way to disable the "ooh sexy waifu/husbando~~~" loading screens though, so I generally don't play the game in public :v:

My madonna/whore complex is tingling

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Itt: goons breaking down the door to proclaim that they are not turned on by anime games, despite no one asking.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Anime is bad.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Itt: goons breaking down the door to proclaim that they are not turned on by anime games, despite no one asking.

Itt: Hiro Protanganist tripping over himself to be wrong about things in an attempt to sound superior.

I take this to mean you get turned on by anime games. That's cool. Nobody asked.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Hiro Protagonist posted:

That's not what anyone said and you know it, quite the opposite in fact

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

my favorite anime is naruto

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Jah bless the noble soul that fixed the thread title :allears:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
is there a non kings raid thread now too or am I just going to have to unbookmark this

AnimalChin
Feb 1, 2006

flatluigi posted:

is there a non kings raid thread now too or am I just going to have to unbookmark this

We passed the threshold of "this game needs its own thread" pages ago.

Un-related: Someone make a cross-platform clone of Disc Drivin', please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

flatluigi posted: