Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Mercury Hat posted:

it seems like if this was possible, everyone with the means to find the worst lawyer would do it in a heartbeat

like, step 1: hire a bad lawyer
step 2: bad lawyer does a bad job and you get convicted
step 3: say "yer honor, i'm innocent on account of my lawyer's a dumbass"
step 4: walk free

is that how this plan's supposed to go?

It's better than that.

So here's the thing, you can get a mistrial or appeal in the event of incompetent counsel. If you hire a lawyer and then he shows up in court drunk and pukes all over the jury, for example, this is a possibility. Note that it is just a possibility, no guarantees. However, in most of these cases the defendant is too poor or restricted in some way to be able to replace their attorney.

So there's several things wrong with Bannon's plan, which I suspect was formed based on half remembered episodes of Law and Order. First, it's representation at trial. Until Trump is arrested, he does not have a right to an attorney and consequentially does not have a right to adequate counsel. So right there, it's laughable. Second, if Trump feels that his attorney is incompetent, then the "billionaire" president of the United States has ample opportunity to replace them. Sticking with an incompetent attorney is entirely Trump's fault and the court doesn't give you mulligans on your own failings. Third, the basis of this claim that Bannon is going for is that one of the attorneys encouraged cooperation with the investigation. That's not incompetence, that's a strategy based on the premise that your client is innocent and you want the investigation to end quickly and not expand into other areas.

So it's a plan that's completely absurd. But it's also just Bannon trying to get back into the White House because he can't do anything else. Nothing like it is actually going to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!

trem_two posted:

https://twitter.com/NewYorker/status/984331077375447040

Let's get a look at this kid, it'll be easy to tell if she's got the bestest Trump genes.

Funniest part about all these sex scandals is it probably wouldn't have affected Trump winning in hindsight but they used campaign finance money to hush people up anyway cause Donny Billionaire can't pay out of pocket himself.

Also this is why I don't believe in government cover ups and conspiracies because bribed people always get outed.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Politicians are loving stupid. Conspiracies don't work because of this.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jeza posted:

I actually remember an A/T thread about a dude in his 30s-40s talking about how he has a contractual slave ownership over some deeply religious 18 year old girl who signed some made up documents that basically say she was his complete sex slave, couldn't leave his house without permission and basically to do all the housework while he worked.

I feel like it was genuine and not a troll, but it's been years and I can't really remember well. Anybody else know what I'm talking about?
I think I know which thread you are talking about. He even posted pictures of her "cage" or whatever

The sad thing is that a lot of these girls who become sex slaves are so broken mentally that they think they're in a normal, healthy relationship and often try to rationalize why there's nothing wrong

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS
THEY CRY OUT AS THE WHIP STRIKES TAINT
THIS ISN'T WHAT I WANTED
YOU SIGNED THE CONTRACT
WE
PISS

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Haha that owns. Get hosed you self righteous mormons. Romney hangs out with slave havers. lol

friendbot2000
May 1, 2011

piss tape israel posted:

I think I know which thread you are talking about. He even posted pictures of her "cage" or whatever

The sad thing is that a lot of these girls who become sex slaves are so broken mentally that they think they're in a normal, healthy relationship and often try to rationalize why there's nothing wrong

Like BDSM can be pretty hot in the bedroom in a loving, healthy relationship, but that is where it should loving stay. This 24/7 bullshit is just creepy and predatory.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
I hope Trump's secret kid looks like Trump Jr with a different hairstyle.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Starting a land-war in Asia to own the libs

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Dicty Brojangles posted:

I went to college with this guy. He bought me a bottle of lovely whiskey when I was underage and didn't have a fake ID. And he taught me everything I know about bluegrass.

Was this before or after becoming a contractually-bound sex slave?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Starting a piss war on the internet to own the tape

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

happyhippy posted:

I'm torn between a mullet and one of those oldschool monk haircuts.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I hope the bastard is bald and owns it.

Careful Drums
Oct 30, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

LifeSunDeath posted:

drat trump calling for war then claming it was fake news but also demanding a thank you for not starting a war :psyduck:

its like an abusive husband except the husband is the president and the woman is the rest of the planet

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

Chief McHeath posted:

I was promised war with Russia.

Yeah. I maxed out my credit cards on a new media room and Star Wars action figures, and I'm super counting on WW3 starting before my fist payment is due.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Lol I just saw something that made me lol greatly; This is the owner of a batshit crazy conspiracy forum. Most members there are 100% racist crazy chuds, promoting all the retarded stuff like pizzagate, Qanon etc. The site is extremely pro-MAGA, mods have always been banning people defending Obama or attacking Trump to a ridiculous degree. The owner of the forum has always been a Trump supporter, saying he would drain the swamp etc, etc.

He just called Trump a retard. He called Trump fans (his forum members) retards.

That's a lol

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I mean at least Trump is starting a war with Russia in the spring instead of Winter.

Battle General Genius

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

vyst posted:

I mean at least Trump is starting a war with Russia in the spring instead of Winter.

Battle General Genius

It's not like seasons are going to matter for very long.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

they probably met on fetlife and then finalized it in person

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

vyst posted:

Battle General Genius
"Never said I would start a "war" with Russia - may or may not, soon or not soon! Have always said that I like to keep my "cards" close to chest, why reveal hand early? What happens when missiles fly - smart and fast - nobody knows! Nobody could even guess this! But the Generals and First Responders are helping me decide - and fast!"

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Careful Drums posted:

its like an abusive husband except the husband is the president and the woman is the rest of the planet

And his lawyer has been covering up his affair with the Moon.

twit666
Nov 16, 2006

Soiled Meat

Stink Billyums posted:

Fox News is actually Trump's Videodrome, but we all get to see it.

"Long live the new flesh."

Ewww.

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Man it's gotta be weird to suddenly realize that Trump might in fact be really dumb

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

twit666 posted:

"Long live the new flesh."

Ewww.

Long live the Piss Tape

VanOwen
Oct 8, 2011

Any group that controls this many fonts and is bold enough to use all these exclamation marks must be incredibly powerful! And soon, in fact this Thursday in the cafetorium, I shall become their leader!

Hey! Its Mitch McConnell!

Holy poo poo this thread moves fast.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Jukebox Hero posted:

Politicians are loving stupid. Conspiracies don't work because of this.

Fun fact, the Russians had trouble trying to flip American politicians because they were often not the right enough mix of corrupt, perverted or traitorous

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

please be true

https://twitter.com/CarolLeonnig/status/984372521838546944?s=20

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

old beast lunatic posted:

Man it's gotta be weird to suddenly realize that Trump might in fact be really dumb

imagine the amount of mental gymnastics you'd have to do to convince yourself Trump is in full control of things rather than a flailing, angry stupid, baby boy.

how could you ever trust your own judgement again if you once thought Trump was actually a competent, thoughtful leader and now acknowledge he is poo poo at everything? i can't imagine what it's like to be bludgeoned daily with the truth about Trump being dumb as gently caress and try my hardest to ignore it, until one day it clicks and "Oh poo poo Trump is actually pants-on-head retarded, how could I miss that?", that must feel like getting hit with an avalanche of truth.

when Trump first took office my biggest fear was that I was totally wrong about him being a total loving idiot and that he might actually display solid decision-making skills and competent leadership abilities. i would have had to take a long, hard look at myself and admit that i have absolutely no idea what a real leader looks like. i probably would have given up on voting

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Oh god no. There are more Trump kids running around?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

fishing with the fam posted:

And none of them will negatively impact Trump's approval from his base.

Until it turns out that one of them is actually... DAVID HOGG!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Our president is like a retarded Ghengis Khan with all these dumb bastards everywhere.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

There's some late 20s/early 30s kid running around who is definitely Trump's bastard son.

That poor kid never had a fuckin chance.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

happyhippy posted:

An Arnold Schwarzenegger-esque love child would be fantastic.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Cthulu Carl posted:

And none of them will negatively impact Trump's approval from his base.

Until it turns out that one of them is actually... DAVID HOGG!
*credits roll*

Produced and Directed by M. NIGHT SHYAMALAN

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

A Fancy Hat posted:

There's some late 20s/early 30s kid running around who is definitely Trump's bastard son.

That poor kid never had a fuckin chance.

I wonder if that kids a delusional, narcissistic rear end in a top hat or if not being directly in Trumps orbit prevented that

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
*gasp*

My dislike of sharks and proclivity for being pissed on makes so much sense now.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

fishing with the fam posted:

I pretty much assumed there are nests of the little fuckers scatter all through the NYC subway tunnels.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Tumble posted:

imagine the amount of mental gymnastics you'd have to do to convince yourself Trump is in full control of things rather than a flailing, angry stupid, baby boy.

how could you ever trust your own judgement again if you once thought Trump was actually a competent, thoughtful leader and now acknowledge he is poo poo at everything? i can't imagine what it's like to be bludgeoned daily with the truth about Trump being dumb as gently caress and try my hardest to ignore it, until one day it clicks and "Oh poo poo Trump is actually pants-on-head retarded, how could I miss that?", that must feel like getting hit with an avalanche of truth.

when Trump first took office my biggest fear was that I was totally wrong about him being a total loving idiot and that he might actually display solid decision-making skills and competent leadership abilities. i would have had to take a long, hard look at myself and admit that i have absolutely no idea what a real leader looks like. i probably would have given up on voting

The level of self-awareness it would require for a trump supporter to reflect inward on a decision is literally impossible for them to achieve.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/984447067773964288

this timeline owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Cool