Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Is Axis worth reading? I enjoyed Superior Ironman and the Carnage and Hobgoblin minis and just did a reread of Ewing's Mighty Avengers which made me curious about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Skwirl posted:

Is Axis worth reading? I enjoyed Superior Ironman and the Carnage and Hobgoblin minis and just did a reread of Ewing's Mighty Avengers which made me curious about it.

Most people would probably say no but I think it's a fun throwaway story. Most of it besides Havok and Sabretooth has either been undone or forgotten about.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

BrianWilly posted:

Is it just me or is the whole approach of "let's shuffle the 100+ characters from the X-universe around willy nilly onto like five books with different colors and adjectives on the title once and a while and call it reinvigorating the franchise" approach to these series not really working anymore?

I'm getting rather tired of team books not being able to maintain a consistent roster for more than 5 issues.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That's it for Soule's X-Men?
I assumed the comic was gonna have all sorts of quick adventures to pair with the rotating artists, but it just stayed in that one London story for an eternity.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah it wasn’t particularly great (but not bad) and it’s ending with a Greg Land issue which is Garbo

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Metalshark posted:

Oof, token X-woman and Greg Land*: https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/status/984827070890086400 Can't say that I'm excited for the next era of Astonishing with Rosenberg's mixed track record, unless he brings it and the mystery team member is someone cool.
Don't know if Weapon X is ending, but at least Warpath is getting another appearance and I love Dazzler, but her getting Land'd again is harsh. Colossus is so dull to me and needs a rest, Beast has been better in recent Avengers than he's in the X-Books for ages and Havok has been awful since Axis so a lot of this lineup need something big to get me invested.

*Could be a mercy in light of this.

Three beefy guys and two blasty guys is not a balanced adventuring group!!!!!!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Beast is a bard.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Aphrodite posted:

Beast is a bard.

That's an acceptable, if archaic, spelling of "The Worst."

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Skwirl posted:

That's an acceptable, if archaic, spelling of "The Worst."

He tried taking a couple levels of Paladin when he was being all Moral Conscience Of The Team but then everyone remembered the time he nuked an underground HYDRA city and he promptly fell

It's a shame, he was only a few levels away from getting that sweet Summon Warhorse power

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

He tried taking a couple levels of Paladin when he was being all Moral Conscience Of The Team but then everyone remembered the time he nuked an underground HYDRA city and he promptly fell

It's a shame, he was only a few levels away from getting that sweet Summon Warhorse power

Someone needs to read Hickman's New Avengers if you think that is anything close to the worst thing Hank McCoy has ever done.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Refresh my memory, what exactly did he do that was so terrible?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

It was an Avengers world. It was the first of many.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Skwirl posted:

Someone needs to read Hickman's New Avengers if you think that is anything close to the worst thing Hank McCoy has ever done.

No, that was the bit where he fell; New Avengers is when he embraced the concept and picked up levels in Blackguard. :colbert:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sentinel Red posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lb13ynu3Iac

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 15, 2018

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Young Beast constantly owning and telling old Beast how much he sucks never gets old.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I've been firmly in favor in just replacing the current X-men with the younger ones, with the exception of Iceman.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Until Jean came back, Beast and Iceman were the only doubles left.

So what you really mean is you want to replace Beast.

Good call.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Good call.

Old Angel is still alive I think?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He's Archangel again, and if he hasn't yet will probably lose his memories again soon.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Skwirl posted:

Old Angel is still alive I think?

Nobody cares about angel.

Aphrodite posted:

Good call.

Yep. My thing about Jean and Scott were that they were prisoners of story, and they could never move beyond being a couple and such, but using the younger ones lets them have stories beyond that.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

twistedmentat posted:

I've been firmly in favor in just replacing the current X-men with the younger ones, with the exception of Iceman.

I have nothing against GLBBQ comic characters, but it feels like Young Iceman's only defining feature is being gay.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah but that’s one more than old Iceman.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
Teen Jean technically died (again, fulfilling her destiny as most death-prone X-Man) two issues ago in Venom, though for people who didn't read Venomverse it was soft-balled in over the course of the last issue with the kids freaking out once it sunk in their friend had been digested by a symbiote-hunting monster from another dimension, and the backup of the latest X-Men Blue has Danger create a holo-Jean to help Scott cope. Of course she's obviously going to be fine in time for eXtinction (:ironicat:)

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Gynovore posted:

I have nothing against GLBBQ comic characters, but it feels like Young Iceman's only defining feature is being gay.

Did I miss a Gay Agenda meeting where LGBTQ was replaced with something else, or is this just a mildly tasteless joke?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Both, because it's LGBTQ+ now.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but that’s one more than old Iceman.
I don't know, I always found him to be cool.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Nessus posted:

I don't know, I always found him to be cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHoNWwhzh3M

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Gynovore posted:

If you have nothing against them why pull this unfunny poo poo about an extremely easy to type acronym?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gee who could have possibly guessed that X was actually the Shadow King?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Endless Mike posted:

Gee who could have possibly guessed that X was actually the Shadow King?

I was hoping against reason, but yeah. Best case scenario is that X was an unwitting Trojan horse, and that doesn't seem likely.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
So was Professor X ever actually in the astral plane? Was it Shadow King fighting himself or just a really elaborate charade to trick the x-men?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kurt was with Xavier in heaven.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
Stop trying to make Post-Credits scenes in comics happen, Marvel: https://news.marvel.com/comics/88824/exterminate-the-past-eliminate-the-future/

Not really feeling Extermination based on Brisson and yet another dystopian future X-struggle storyline either. All-New Wolverine's nigh-utopian future in the final arc has been such a fun change of pace.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I can't think of a more unappealing premise than "Mutants ate going extinct, this time by Ed Brisson"

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metalshark posted:

Stop trying to make Post-Credits scenes in comics happen, Marvel: https://news.marvel.com/comics/88824/exterminate-the-past-eliminate-the-future/

Not really feeling Extermination based on Brisson and yet another dystopian future X-struggle storyline either. All-New Wolverine's nigh-utopian future in the final arc has been such a fun change of pace.

It's such a stupid concept. Marvel needs new people in their marketing department.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I mean, "post-credits scenes" kinda just sounds like a silly way to say "backup story."

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Little Mac posted:

I mean, "post-credits scenes" kinda just sounds like a silly way to say "backup story."

Back up stories are generally stand alone. While a post credit is usually basically a teaser.

They are completely different things.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Marvel's comic "post credit scenes" are just a page at the end of the book. It's dumb.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Rhyno posted:

Marvel's comic "post credit scenes" are just a page at the end of the book. It's dumb.

The first post-credits scene I can remember for the MCU was probably 15-25 seconds long. It was Nick Fury saying something along the lines of "Tell me... What do you know about the Avengers initiative?" I think a one page teaser is about on par with that - providing it's a good page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
So Storm is just going to be using that hammer, isn't she? I guess it kind of makes sense since both of the Thor's lost their hammers and there's an open title now for God of Thunder. I think.