Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Jeza posted:

Entirely aware he's being a piece of poo poo, resentful at being called out about it. Not hard to understand.

I was going to post this but you beat me to it.

E: But I got the page snipe so who's the real winner here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

I (23F) jumped out of a moving car during a fight with my husband (29M). Can we survive this?

quote:

I made another post on this account. We have been fighting a lot lately, and yesterday something dramatic happened.

We were having an argument on how we needed to spend our time that day. He wanted to keep the kids home, but then he had to go to work so I would be watching them and our puppy by myself. I wanted to drop them off with my dad so I could get my homework done. We did end up dropping them off with my dad, but on the way home, the fight escalated.

My husband was driving. We were pulling into our townhouse complex, but as we got closer my husband said that he wouldn’t let me out of the car until we had settled the argument. He turned away from the house and started driving away. I told him to stop the car and let me out. He refused. I opened my door and said I was getting out and that he needed to stop the car. He drove with my passenger door open for about two blocks. He wouldn’t stop. After he took a turn, he slowed a bit and I jumped.

I hit my head hard on the concrete and got road rash on my lower back. He parked and got out of the car, came to me, and started dragging me towards the car. He was shouting at me to get up and told me he was going to take me to a mental health hospital right away.

I got up, punched him in the face and ran away from him. I went towards the house so I could get to my car to go to the hospital, but when I was running, he parked his car right behind me so I couldn’t leave. He said I wasn’t going anywhere without him. He got my phone and wouldn’t let me have it back, even after I begged him. He tried to push me into the house.

A man walking his dog came by, asked me if I was okay and diffused the situation. He convinced my husband to give me my phone and move his car so I could go to the hospital. I decided to let my husband come with me to the hospital since I had a head injury. But I insisted on driving.

At the ER I was diagnosed with a concussion and we were referred to counseling services in the area. I also have whiplash which is only a minor pain compared to everything else.

I don’t know what to do now. After this, I don’t know if there’s any hope for us. We both made dumb mistakes. He should have stopped the car, I shouldn’t have jumped. He shouldn’t restrain me, I shouldn’t run away from arguments. He shouldn’t have dragged me around, I shouldn’t have punched him. I know we both have things to work on, but a trip to the ER because of an argument...How can we move on from that? Can we ever go back to the way things were?

He’s been apologetic ever since, and I have too. But I don’t know how to let this go. Also I’m struggling with wondering if I’m having some sort of mental breakdown, since normal people don’t usually throw themselves out of cars.

Tl;dr: I jumped out of a moving car when my husband and I were having a fight. I don’t know if we can ever be happily married again. Also, am I crazy?

Edit: I am 11 weeks pregnant by the way. Maybe this was just my hormones. Either way, I put my child at risk too.

I started bolding the hosed up parts but realized I was bolding most of the post. I did add the bold to the edit though, Jesus Christ.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

That kid is gonna be able to fall asleep in a centrifuge and never know why.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Plot twist, the birds are real and OP is insane

quote:

I’m so annoyed at the situation, but it is pretty amusing. I told some friends and now any time we see each other they all greet me with a loud “CAWW, CAWW” lol

Lol nah I’m just loving around

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Trying to send your wife to the mental hospital after she defies you like it's the 1800's.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

dudeness posted:

Trying to send your wife to the mental hospital after she defies you like it's the 1800's.

The Yellow Wallpaper 2: Cruise Control

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I'm going to hold you prison now until this argument is complete

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
From her post history

My husband (29M) and I (23F) married less than a year have been fighting a lot. Dealing with feelings of doubt...

quote:

u/whydowefightsomuch

My husband and I got married May last year, 10 months ago. We each brought a child into the relationship, close in age, both children live with us full time. They get along splendidly and we have no issues with them or parenting/stepparenting.

The problem is with us. We are perfect for each other in that we have the same hobbies, have an identical sense of humor, and generally feel like we are so on the same page with each other it feels telepathic. We laugh so hard with each other, do nice things for each other just ‘cus, and when it’s good, it feels like I’ve transcended reality and found my own personal heaven with him. We even joke that maybe we died at some point and have been living in a dream world since.

But when we fight, it’s bad. We yell and scream at each other and I always end up wanting to leave the house. When he does fail to convince me to stay and talk it out, I leave and I am flooded with feelings of doubt. Happily married people don’t act the way we act. These are the behaviors of people who are doomed to divorce. I become so sure that I’ve made a mistake in marrying him and that we WILL divorce.

I’ve been “threatening” divorce more often. I put the word in quotations because I don’t say “I am going to divorce you”, I say “I’m 99% sure that this marriage will end in divorce”. At the time, I do feel that very strongly. My husband says that it’s a self-fulfilling prophesy. I just think it’s fact with the way things have been going.

We can’t seem to put our emotions aside and talk things out rationally. Both of us get defensive, and we both feel like we need to defend ourselves against the other. He gets mad as a reaction to my getting mad. I want to be able to express myself without always getting anger in return. Sometimes, I get frustrated over something he’s said or done, and he gets frustrated back at me for no other reason than that I’m frustrated!

I read that one of the biggest nails in the coffin for marriage is contempt. I’m pretty sure I feel contempt for my husband when we fight. He somehow maintains a level of respect and decency most of the time during fights, but his self-control does waver, like mine does.

Lots of inflammatory phrases and gestures that seem to be out of our control are used during fights. “Do you even hear yourself right now?”, eye rolling, talking over each other, “You need to get a grip”, even making fun of how we are speaking or word stumbles (a lot of this is just him doing it, but I don’t want to do a lot of blaming since I’m sure he could name some of my faults I haven’t listed here).

We tried a “timeout” word, where when we say that word, we would stop all argument and reflect on why we love each other. Neither of us have ever used the word because we’re too prideful and stubborn. I think it’s too much pressure to try to kiss and make up when we’re still flaming hot at each other.

My questions are: What are we doing wrong? How can we fix it? What else can we try? Is there hope for us?

Tl;dr: My husband and I have been having a lot of emotionally charged arguments recently, it feels like we can’t stop them or slow them down. We are exhausted and quickly losing hope for this marriage, though I can feel that we still love each other.

Thanks in advance for your help!

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Grow up and wash a dish. You're 24 goddamn years old and your 18 y/o GF is more mature than you. You are long past the age that living in bachelor squalor is excusable or "cute."

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
I bet she tears up when she hears "love the way you lie"

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Me [28M] with my fiance [26F] of 7 years. She's on a "solo" trip and I can't find any evidence she paid for a hotel or plane ticket. Now her crossfit "partner" is also gone but no one knows where. Any possibility they aren't together?

quote:

edit: not sure how to flair, this I think i'm using relationships because infidelity is not confirmed.

Throwaway because this has the capability to be very, very embarrassing. I will try to make this as non-meandering as possible but it goes back about 1.5 years.

At that time my fiancé had been together about 5 years and we were both extremely overweight. We were both pretty big on the "HAES" bandwagon and full on believed that weight loss was not possible, calories didn't matter, etc... I would say we were happy together but navigating the outside world was hellish. My wife went to a new doctor who advised her that she needed to cut weight, at that time we used to carry around these little cards put out by a well known fat activist that we'd present to medical professionals stating the "science" behind HAES and how we deserved respect as fat people. This doctor crumpled it up, threw it away and said that my fiancé had a choice to either keep with the bullshit and be in constant pain until she dies, or get serious and lose weight.

She started crossfit and a calorie reduced diet that very day. I did my absolute best to convince her of all the things we "knew" about weight loss but she worked really hard and lost almost 50lbs in the first six months. She pretty much convinced me that all the crap we believed in had been BS and she really wanted me to start eating right and working out with her. Even though she opened my eyes to the reality, I think I'm a pretty severe food addict and kept telling myself and her "I'll start tomorrow I promise" but tomorrow never really came.

So a year into this, my fiancé had lost pretty close to 120lbs and for the first time since she was in middle school she weighed under 150 and she looked phenomenal, she also was doing better at work (she claims that she had much better mental clarity since she wasn't on sugar highs/lows all day, but I do think her improved looks helped her stand out). I'd actually gained 20lbs over the course of the year and sunk further into depression and food addiction.

So maybe 1 year and 3 months into her weight loss, she started hanging out with this guy from her crossfit gym, I'll call Dr Bob. Dr Bob is medical doctor who is probably late 30s, in crazy good shape. Dr Bob started picking my fiancé up every morning at 6AM for their morning crossfit and she'd come back to our apartment every morning with Starbucks that Dr Bob had bought for her. She started hanging with Crossfit friends on the weekends and more often than not, Dr Bob would be the one to drop her off.

I told her I was very uncomfortable with her spending so much time with Dr Bob. At first she was angry that I was controlling. I told her I wasn't asking her to do anything, but just relaying my feelings. We had a tense couple of days over this but in the end she came to me and said she was sorry, she promised nothing was going on between she and Dr Bob but she also said she had to admit that she would be terribly uncomfortable if I had a female friend that I was spending so much time with.

At this point, I started going to food addiction treatment and although it's fits and starts, it's going well. However about 6 weeks ago my fiancé revealed to me that she was losing attraction for me. She said she needed some time and she was going to take a two week trip to a resort in Jamiaca to "clear her head." I said that was fine and I encouraged her to do so.

I need to say here that both me and my fiancé have terrible credit, but I was able to get a card and put her on as an authorized user. To build up our credit we put litteraly every expense on this card and then pay it off every month. A not intentional side effect of this is I get to see what she spends her money on. I told her very clearly that she could put the trip on this card since she had savings to pay the balance. She agreed. The first big red mark on this trip is that there has never been a single thing regarding this trip to show up on our statements or online activity. In my head i figured that maybe she'd taken cash out of her savings and paid for the ticket in person and maybe she'd just used my card for a hold on the hotel and she planned on paying cash when she got there. It made the most sense at the time.

Well she left Saturday. I had been planning that when she was gone, I would start cross fit to go with my food addiction treatment. I went on Sunday to her gym. People knew who I was and were very friendly. I had expected to see Dr Bob there since I knew he always went on Sundays, I had to really get myself together because I wasn't sure how it would go. I planned on presenting myself as a "friend of you friend" and I would like to get to know you---no confrontation whatsoever. So after I flailed through the workout, I asked one person I sort of knew "hey doesn't Dr Bob usually come on Sundays?" She told me that yes, he was always there but that Dr Bob is on a "secret" vacation and it's the talk of the gym because no one really knew where he was going. My heart sunk and I sort of said "is it Jamaica?" she sort of chuckled "no, he said very specifically he wasn't going to Jamaica, but did your fiancé get there? I know she was heading out?" This didn't do much to help my fears. I don't think anyone at the gym knew what was going on or were keeping anything form me. But this is strike 2.

So I obviously think she and Dr Bob are together. So i'll get to strike 3. Ever since starting cross fit my fiancé has been crazy documenting her weight loss on Instagram. And as she's lost weight she's posted more and more. She posts from the gym, she posts from her drive to work, she posts before after pictures, she posts stories multiple times a day. I expected of all the times to keep her Instagram updated, her trip to Jamaica would be ideal. It's been utterly silent and the last post was when she was curling her hair to get ready for the uber to take her to the airport.

So I'm almost sure I know what's going on, Dr Bob paid for this trip and they are together. The utter lack of charges for the trip, Dr Bob being gone on a "mystery" vacation and the radio silence on Instagram are way too much to be coincidences.

I've tried to call my fiancé and she answered and said she was having a great time so far and she was excited to hear from me and nothing in her voice indicated that she was hiding anything but again...there are just too many things stacked against this.

I have no idea what to do. We are 2 days into a 14 day trip and I don't want to ruin her "solo" trip by accusing her of cheating on the chance that everything is on the up and up, but at the same time, my heart is breaking, I can't sleep, I'm just a wreck because I am 90% sure they are together.

What can I do?

tl;dr: my fiancé is supposedly on a solo trip to Jamaica. There are three huge things that make me think she's with her friend from crossfit, 1. there's no evidence she paid for trip 2. her crossfit friend is on a "mystery" vacation and didn't tell anyone where. 3. her Instagram has gone from 5 posts a day to complete silence. What can I do?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

If you think about it, that dude got owned by two separate doctors.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

La Brea Carpet posted:

If you think about it, that dude got owned by two separate doctors.

3. Dr. Pepper assuredly played a role in this

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

JaneError posted:

Me [28M] with my fiance [26F] of 7 years. She's on a "solo" trip and I can't find any evidence she paid for a hotel or plane ticket. Now her crossfit "partner" is also gone but no one knows where. Any possibility they aren't together?

Hoo boy.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Our relationship is perfect in every way, except for the one little snag that we are physically incapable of communicating, fight all the time, and display every red flag in the book. Oh, we even have allll the same hobbies!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

i feel bad for that dude but carrying around HAES cards is pretty funny

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
As a fat gently caress myself, who has even gotten thinner and then fat again, she should just leave him.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

[GA] Just moved into a condo, neighbor is tasing hell over my nonexistent pet bird

Buy a pet bird and publicly and loudly murder it, then leave it on his front porch with a threatening letter.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Skutter posted:

I (23F) jumped out of a moving car during a fight with my husband (29M). Can we survive this?
This is completely hopeless, I wouldn't know where to even start, both just contact divorce attorneys asap.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

My (26M) friend/roommate (25M) said some really strangely homophobic things to me about a friend. We have had sex before. He knows I am bisexual, and I know he is, but its always kind of been something we never talk about.

quote:

I've known ahmed since college, we were roommates then. We saw, well, a lot of each other obviously, and sort of got ridiculously comfortable with each others bodies at various points.

So, we both have fit bodies and big packages, and I suppose could consider each other good looking, so we decided to pay rent, we would do webcam videos in college where we jerked off for people. Eventually one guy asked to pay us more for a handjob, and he did it after a bit of an awkward laughing period, and then people paid us more to do blowjobs and stuff after some time. I'll be honest, I was attracted to him, I have always been way more into girls but I suppose that kind of awakened that I am also into guys. I suppose us doing that stuff was just kind of fun, we never took it seriously, we always laughed about it, it was almost like masturbation, just using someone else.

Except, after a bit, we started doing it just normally, without the webcam. It wasn't a super common thing, but we still did it, maybe like once a week or so we would blow each other, almost as a gift or something. Sometimes we would just do it all day if we were in the mood, just hang out on the bed naked, smoke pot and drink beer and play video games, and you know... suck each others cocks. I know its weird haha, but its been going on for so long now pretty much any awkwardness is gone.

This continued, for the past 4 years. We've dated girls, he had a girlfriend for 6 months (in which us doing stuff stopped), but we have pretty consistently been okay giving each other sexual favors. We don't really talk about it, it isn't really romantic at all. I should also mentioned that ahmed has gotten blown by another guy. But really, for both of us I believe, we are more into girls.

Anyways, we were gonna throw a little party for his birthday at our apartment. I mentioned if he wanted to invite this guy we knew, michael, and his boyfriend. Ahmed kind of just cringed and said he didn't want a bunch of gay guys in the apartment making things weird and 'acting homo'. I was just like... what? You literally blew me yesterday when we played call of duty, now you're upset because you don't want someone acting homo? He said thats different, but he clearly looked almost like, weirded out by me bringing it up. Almost as if Michael and his boyfriend are gay, but somehow what we are doing isn't? And he cant act as if this is just some form of masturbation for him, I have literally seen him lust after me heavily, there is no way he is straight but just doing this because he 'likes the feeling of it, boy or girl' or whatever. There's times where just me being shirtless kind of gets him off and makes him want to do stuff, I can absolutely tell he is into men.

So how do I deal with this? I don't care if michael comes or not, but clearly ahmed is like, way more uncomfortable with his own sexuality than I ever realized. This has always been a super casual thing, and maybe it was too casual that he never came to terms with the fact that it is also kind of indicative of his sexuality.

TL;DR - - A friend who I have had homosexual sex with for years said quite a bunch of homophobic comments about another friend we know.

They must have a huge walk-in closet in their apartment.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Why do these homosexuals keep sucking my cock?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
My ex wants my help on her new relationship

quote:

This may be kinda long but it’s my first post, and i apologize in advance for any errors.

So about 2 months ago me and my girlfriend of 1 year broke up, we had a rough relationship anyways because of trust issues and whatnot. we would always have big fights and break up constantly, but shortly come back together. She had lied about her ex boyfriend constantly to me, and she even went as far as having sex with him multiple times after we’d started dating. But 2 months ago, she actually broke up with me this time. She called me and we talked about it, and we both seemed upset it was over. But later that night i found out she already went out to a club and hooked up with someone else.

I was mad at first but then i just kinda got heartbroken and didn’t know what to feel. she blocked my number and we didn’t talk at all anymore. I was still fully in love with her and wanted her back so badly. but she didn’t want me. Her college formal came up, and she had another boy she went with. I saw it, got kinda mad, but just shrugged it off. Then i went to a college formal as well, she saw it, and sent me a text. She asked why i had moved on so quickly and how i could do that. (though i did have a few random hook ups as well)

But to the point of the story, she starts asking me for help, she says the boy she is interested in doesn’t like her back, and ignores her constantly. So she asked me how she should react and feel to the boy that is ignoring her.

What should i say? should i try to get her back? i do want her back. or should i just move on.

Also, is it bad that i still put her happiness over my own?

TL;DR She wants me to help her talk to a new guy while i want her to talk to me

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

La Brea Carpet posted:

My (26M) friend/roommate (25M) said some really strangely homophobic things to me about a friend. We have had sex before. He knows I am bisexual, and I know he is, but its always kind of been something we never talk about.

They must have a huge walk-in closet in their apartment.

quote:

Ahmed kind of just cringed and said he didn't want a bunch of gay guys in the apartment making things weird and 'acting homo'. I was just like... what? You literally blew me yesterday when we played call of duty, now you're upset because you don't want someone acting homo?

Can't have no gays homoing up my perfectly straight homo bj sesh, jeez.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

The fat dude pretty much exprienced what it's like to stay behind when a partner turns their life around and progresses a lot in an important area. This is true for many parts in life, not just a weight thing - keep up or you become incompatible. :rip:

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Palpek posted:

The fat dude pretty much exprienced what it's like to stay behind when a partner turns their life around and progresses a lot in an important area. This is true for many parts in life, not just a weight thing - keep up or you become incompatible. :rip:

Oddly enough I recall the complete opposite take on the aspiring VP guy that had a frumpy wife and didn't want to bring her to the holiday party. It was how horrible he was and no criticism of the wife failing to keep up and getting left behind. Was there a reason it applies here and not there?

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Oddly enough I recall the complete opposite take on the aspiring VP guy that had a frumpy wife and didn't want to bring her to the holiday party. It was how horrible he was and no criticism of the wife failing to keep up and getting left behind. Was there a reason it applies here and not there?

They aren't married, for one.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
whenever i read stories like the ones from /u/whydowefightsomuch or whatever her name is, i honestly just don't get how that happens. how are random argumentative prison-sentences occurring out of the blue and you're asking, "can we survive this?"

no. you can't loving survive it, don't even try. All interactions will feel visibly constrained in some awkward way henceforth, so you'll be constantly quarelling with whether the other is being genuine. There's also one truth that he has to confront which is that he is, at times, so unbearable that his wife will literally jump out of a moving car, endangering their 11-week old, to get away from him.

:sever:

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
Goddamit, Ham Sandwiches changed avatars and I accidentally read one of his lovely troll bait posts that will lead to nothing but endless bickering. Welp, time to move on with my life and not respond to it in any way or read any of the idiotic posts from people talking to him, because absolutely nothing will change about anything and no good will come from it.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

fruit on the bottom posted:

This guy comes off as exactly the kind of person someone like his ex would take advantage of

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

quote:

She said she needed some time and she was going to take a two week trip to a resort in Jamiaca to "clear her head." I said that was fine and I encouraged her to do so. 

Watch this Lise, you can actually pinpoint the second when his spine dissolves into fat

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

The only character in that story who is at all sympathetic is that first doctor, who loving owns

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Benagain posted:

Goddamit, Ham Sandwiches changed avatars and I accidentally read one of his lovely troll bait posts that will lead to nothing but endless bickering. Welp, time to move on with my life and not respond to it in any way or read any of the idiotic posts from people talking to him, because absolutely nothing will change about anything and no good will come from it.

I think it's odd that asking about two similar stories provokes this kind of response but ok :shrug:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

fruit on the bottom posted:

I just and loving God would strike this man down rather than force him to soldier on with his broken brain

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Barudak posted:

I just and loving God would strike this man down rather than force him to soldier on with his broken brain

I was with him until "would this be a good way to get her back"

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Ham Sandwiches posted:

That was a story about a CEO going up the corporate ladder and a stay at home mom. The only way she could have kept up with him was to somehow become 10 years younger like the other CEOs' second wives. That woman gave birth to their children and stayed home to bring them up while he was having a career, they consciously made a decision to share life responsibilities like that. So no, it doesn't apply, comparing this to a partner losing weight while the other stays fat is loving ridiculous.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

JaneError posted:

quote:

My wife went to a new doctor who advised her that she needed to cut weight, at that time we used to carry around these little cards put out by a well known fat activist that we'd present to medical professionals stating the "science" behind HAES and how we deserved respect as fat people. This doctor crumpled it up, threw it away and said that my fiancé had a choice to either keep with the bullshit and be in constant pain until she dies, or get serious and lose weight.

Hell yeah, doc.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Palpek posted:

That was a story about a CEO going up the corporate ladder and a stay at home mom. The only way she could have kept up with him was to somehow become 10 years younger like the other CEOs' second wives. That woman gave birth to their children and stayed home to bring them up while he was doing a career, they consciously made a decision to share life responsibilities like that. So no, it doesn't apply, comparing this to a partner losing weight while the other stays fat is loving ridiculous.

Ok fair enough, then partners can get left behind if they don't keep up. Keeping up with climbing the corporate / social ladder is not the same as keeping up physical appearances, the latter is what gets you left behind.

I guess it comes down to different takes. I think some people read the VP story as in "he's unhappy with her simply because she's a mom and had kids, and isn't 20." I read the post as him saying "She still dresses in mom jeans and doesn't work on her appearance or try to blend in with the rich crowd." It sure felt like whatever he was hoping for - either her matching that style or letting him go solo wasn't happening in the relationship, and so it was confusing to me the difference. I suspect other people simply view it as him being unhappy she wasn't 20.

Ham Sandwiches fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Apr 16, 2018

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Skutter posted:

I started bolding the hosed up parts but realized I was bolding most of the post. I did add the bold to the edit though, Jesus Christ.

I have a sneaking suspicion that isn't her first head injury.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Darkrenown posted:

Bird dude should just start calling the HoA to complain about his neighbour's TWO birds, which keep him and his bird awake.

Yes!

Darkrenown posted:

HoA Emergency line? Yes, I need to complain about the two bald eagles my neighbour has. They killed and devoured my bird, causing me severe emotional stress.

HoA emergency Line? Neighbor refuses to clean up after his unicorn shits on the sidewalk. I'm tired of stepping in unicorn poo poo every time I leave my apartment, which makes me late to work, leading to lost wages, because unicorn poop is really tough to clean off of your shoes. Please do something about this.

Bored fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Your take is wrong, Hamboy, firstly because you're a moron and most things you think are wrong

Secondly it's wrong because the other person in the other story had not become or stayed unhealthy in an active way, they literally just loving aged

Thirdly, the woman here is still garbage if she's cheating (she is)but there's a big difference between "we need to talk because I'm just not attracted to you anymore" and "I am embarrassed to be seen with you in public, you ugly bitch. you swine." And it is weird that you cannot see that difference