Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Facebook Aunt posted:

After a while they'll tell you they can't extend the shipping anymore, so I just keep hitting the extend button until then.
Thanks, they've been doing all the extending so far, but it's good to know there's a limit eventually!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waggles
Jul 21, 2011

Here to spread frog love.
Fallen Rib
I ordered one of these bags back when the thread was discussing reusable bags. I haven't tried mine out with groceries yet but I'm in love with it.

It feels sturdy enough but probably not for carrying a lot of cans or milk jugs.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy

tater_salad posted:

Because those gel balls don't work well in toy guns.. my son really really really wanted one so I got it despite terrible reviews and it worked as poorly as the reviews said.

Not always true. I got a couple of these battery powered gel shooters before my retarded country started banning them (because airsoft, abloobloobloo). They work really well, albeit with the occasionally munched crystal or misfire. Shots fire about 20-30m with enough force to give a mild sting at close range and the crystals splatter on contact.
The best size are 9-11mm beads. If I was less lazy, I'd make a shot filter that screens out imprecise sized balls and make for better firing, but they work easily well enough as is.

With your 2nd amendment you shouldn't have any dramas getting hold of them.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/P90...17219atBZSq&s=p

Yggsdrasil
Jan 6, 2013

bigfatdynamo posted:

I just put in an order for a custom printed tapestry featuring some very cool and good art.

I realize this is from a good ways back but good lord, details! Who from? What size? How much is it going to cost you? (Also Reply of the Zaporozhian Cossacks is a great choice for a tapestry, though I hope you had them include a little text box/banner with the text of their letter to Mehmet?)

As to getting rebates and the debate over doing it for something that costs a buck, I tend to weigh:
  • Cost of the order
  • Odds I'll want to deal with the seller again
  • How they've acted up until now
  • Whether there's any evidence it's Canada Post's gently caress-up (It almost always is)
If it's something I wouldn't bother returning if I'd bought it from the dollar store, I sometimes will let it go. I've had a few sellers get salty with me about extending the purchase protection, and I'm more likely to dispute those because extending it costs them nothing and eases my own peace of mind.

Honestly though, I've now made upwards of 100 purchases on AE, and I've been very satisfied with most of them relative to what I've spent. I've only ever flat-out not received one thing, and I've had one defective product. Not bad at all.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Wamdoodle posted:

Can't wait to get shot for brandishing a rainbow 9mm

lol

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Rif...2848790598.html

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?
I bought 3 size small shirts from a seller and they are all much too big in the waist which I did not expect at all with the whole "Asian sizes are 2 sizes smaller" thing. I double-checked the ads and none of them had waist measurements so I couldn't have known. Is there anything I could do about this or is it just caveat emptor?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

:laffo:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Male Tears posted:

I bought 3 size small shirts from a seller and they are all much too big in the waist which I did not expect at all with the whole "Asian sizes are 2 sizes smaller" thing. I double-checked the ads and none of them had waist measurements so I couldn't have known. Is there anything I could do about this or is it just caveat emptor?

If you received them and they aren't defective, then to get a refund you'd need to send them back. Chances are postage to China would cost more than the shirts are worth. :shrug:

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
So I ordered a 3d printer a few weeks ago while it was on sale.

Last week, while I am out of country, I get a message that it has been delivered, but my wife says nothing has arrived. I check the tracking on Ali (shipped by SF Express) and it says the delivery location is Quincy MA. I live in Bowling Green, KY. I contact the seller and they include a screenshot of a UPS delivery confirmation that also says Quincy.

They ask me to "contact the shipper in your local"

I tell them UPS will not tell me anything because I am not the shipper and I am not the recipient. I get this repy:

Hi, dear friend
i have asked the currier company what's happened
they said maybe the warehouse send a wrong place
i have contacted with that prople, he is a man who live in Quincy, MA.
he said he don't open the package
and willing to send it to you
i will bear this shippment fee
how do you think?
looking forward your reply
best wishes
kim

I say, sure, go ahead and have it shipped from there to my house. This morning, they are asking if I can create the prepaid label. I know this is going to be fairly expensive because this printer is all metal and weighs like 40lbs. I check UPS and it's going to be about $60 for ground. I am not about to put up another $60 in hopes that some random is going to send me my printer instead of his old car battery or whatever, so I tell them no, I am not willing to do this.

I guess we will see how fair this goes before I have to open a dispute and escalate it to Ali for a refund.

Shame... I was really looking forward to this printer.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry
Update:

The guy they sent it to has told them that USPS want $162 to ship it to me. Not sure if he is sending it 2 day priority or if he is just trying to scam them. The seller says they are going to get it resolved quickly.

At this point, it might be cheaper to just send another one from China.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

Lowen SoDium posted:

Update:

The guy they sent it to has told them that USPS want $162 to ship it to me. Not sure if he is sending it 2 day priority or if he is just trying to scam them. The seller says they are going to get it resolved quickly.

At this point, it might be cheaper to just send another one from China.

It depends, if this goes through he is going to hound you to write a god drat essay on how great he is. A review like that is worth it's weight in gold to some of these guys.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

My dispute over having received the wrong Fitbit case has now been passed onto AliExpress for mediation. :ohdear:

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
http://s.aliexpress.com/fy22yieM

Under flash deals:

Is it this?
https://youtu.be/_KSMeK38f9E

Edit:
http://s.aliexpress.com/zMFN3uAJ

Bored fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Apr 19, 2018

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

waggles posted:

I ordered one of these bags back when the thread was discussing reusable bags. I haven't tried mine out with groceries yet but I'm in love with it.

It feels sturdy enough but probably not for carrying a lot of cans or milk jugs.

I, too, have recently fallen into the hole of cute foldable bags. I like the fish ones.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hot-New-Loveing-Tropical-Fish-Foldable-Eco-Reusable-Shopping-Bags-Cancy-7-Colors-Size-52-37/32844242951.html

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Lowen SoDium posted:

Hi, dear friend
i have asked the currier company what's happened
they said maybe the warehouse send a wrong place
i have contacted with that prople, he is a man who live in Quincy, MA.
he said he don't open the package
and willing to send it to you
i will bear this shippment fee
how do you think?
looking forward your reply
best wishes
kim

Ehrlich Bachman is a dead.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The currier company sounds like a bad place to eat at.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

This is great.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I just received my blackout curtains with a nice star pattern for like 12 bucks and they're very good quality.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Alan_Shore posted:

I just received my blackout curtains with a nice star pattern for like 12 bucks and they're very good quality.

Link? I need a set of blackout curtains. How long are they? My bedroom windows are loving tall, like 112 inches.

Bummey fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Apr 19, 2018

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Bummey posted:

Link? I need a set of blackout curtains. How long are they? My bedroom windows are loving tall, like 112 inches.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32680881306.html

They're really long, and block out the light super well

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:
Update on my edgepro clone: ITS NOW IN FINLAND AAAAAAAAA

2018-03-29 09:38
Logistics order has been created (fast selling platform)

2018-04-19 11:29
Hki VANTAA, foreign terminal, 01000, Item arivetd in the destination country.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

mike12345 posted:

Ehrlich Bachman is a dead.

Now the message makes perfect sense. I can hear it.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Sormus posted:

Update on my edgepro clone: ITS NOW IN FINLAND AAAAAAAAA

2018-03-29 09:38
Logistics order has been created (fast selling platform)

2018-04-19 11:29
Hki VANTAA, foreign terminal, 01000, Item arivetd in the destination country.

Cool, you might actually receive this before christmas! Itella 4 lyfe

Sormus
Jul 24, 2007

PREVENT SPACE-AIDS
sanitize your lovebot
between users :roboluv:

SnowblindFatal posted:

Cool, you might actually receive this before christmas! Itella 4 lyfe

They're actually called Posti again, they had as much devotion to Itella brand name as they have to actually delivering mail.

Yggsdrasil
Jan 6, 2013

Hirayuki posted:

My dispute over having received the wrong Fitbit case has now been passed onto AliExpress for mediation. :ohdear:

This isn't a bad thing for you; the seller needs Aliexpress way more than Aliexpress needs the seller, so as long as you don't have a suspicious case history, generally AliExpress is going to rule in favour of you as a customer. Frankly, the seller is an idiot to dispute over something so obvious over a cheap part, because not only will they lose the money over the transaction, but AliExpress will punish them for some months in terms of result weighting if I recall correctly. Penny wise, pound foolish.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I got some binoculars and a really sweet backpack and they both came within 3 weeks.

Also some knockoff raybans that are clearly actual raybans without the logo on them (they're made of acetate like the real thing).

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Also some knockoff raybans that are clearly actual raybans without the logo on them (they're made of acetate like the real thing).

Do you have a link to this store?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

theflyingexecutive posted:

Do you have a link to this store?

http://s.aliexpress.com/j26vYvau

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

WHERE ARE MY DICK FART BOXERS

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Hmm, try yelling this out your front door to help the process along

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

OH. Did you need the link?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

Bored posted:

OH. Did you need the link?

always include a link

always

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Bummey posted:

always include a link

always

Jerry Cotton posted:

http://s.aliexpress.com/6jyYRzeQ
I'm going to hope that is the correct link. The app kept loving up last hight when I was trying to send my friends links.

I couldn't find the original ad I posted. I'm sorry. This is another pair of boxers with a dick fart vent.

It might actually be harvesting dick farts to be used to steam garments, though.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Bored posted:

http://s.aliexpress.com/6jyYRzeQ
I'm going to hope that is the correct link. The app kept loving up last hight when I was trying to send my friends links.

I couldn't find the original ad I posted. I'm sorry. This is another pair of boxers with a dick fart vent.

It might actually be harvesting dick farts to be used to steam garments, though.

:laffo: he's just so intense!

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Male Tears posted:

learn how to sew

taking in shirts is a lot easier than taking them 'out', which is fun too

kzin602
May 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

I got a pair of these aliexpress knockoffs and they are polarized and block UV light, however they have much lower quality hinges and are not quite as tight on the joints as the real thing. Still worth the money if you are person that is constantly losing / breaking their sunglasses.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Huh, I've had no problem with the hinges on mine and I have a really bad habit of putting my sunglasses on top of my head and then waking into door frames so $6 is the perfect amount for me to pay for a pair.

Woden
May 6, 2006

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

I got some binoculars and a really sweet backpack and they both came within 3 weeks.

Post the backpack.

Not Wolverine
Jul 1, 2007
Is it normal for USPS tracking to suck? I have ordered about 8 items in the past month, about half of them were tracked in China, then "in transit" forever (although they often said "departing flight xyz" I think they might actually have been on a boat) but usually once they arrive the US, they would either be trackable by the USPS website, and USPS would give me an estimated delivery day and they would actually deliver it on that day, or they would never be trackable by USPS and just magically appear in mailbox at random. The last two items. . . they have missed the delivery date. One was supposed to be here Tuesday, they at least marked that on as "delayed yo, we don't know" but the other one still says they will deliver it by yesterday. I'm starting to think my local post office is getting cranky about delivering cheap Chinese packages (I thought USPS looses money on packages from China?) to the same address over and over. . . I hope I'm just over thinking this, all I was is my lovely Chinesium watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Woden posted:

Post the backpack.

http://s.aliexpress.com/nMZZNFJ3