Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixelponny
Oct 30, 2007

Two bloody great handfuls
Pillbug
I had an all Husk wave on Cube, of all maps. Without cover, it was so much fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfVHtqT5flUXMBPjh-atX2Q3of4EXR3nQyxQOMsGh0zFkXdew/viewform

Vote for the M32. Or the fire ax if you're boring and stupid.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I played on a server that had KF1-Farm map on it recently and man, I forgot how massive the old maps were. We actually had to use the 'get to the trader' command to remind people it might be a 300 meter jog.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Away all Goats posted:

I played on a server that had KF1-Farm map on it recently and man, I forgot how massive the old maps were. We actually had to use the 'get to the trader' command to remind people it might be a 300 meter jog.

Yeah I kinda miss how big KF1 maps could be

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
KF1 forest map was basically KF2 Black Forest + KF2 Biotics Labs in one.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Voted for the M32/MGL, but I would certainly like to see the FAL at some point. Thing is, when it's in the game it's going to be another assault rifle that won't really be very different from all the other assault rifles we already have. The MGL brings something new, at least. I still wanna see the M202 FLASH though.

Away all Goats posted:

I played the STALKER Cordon KF2 map recently, it's about 1km long. Talk about a walk...

But yeah, it's not like the engine doesn't support big maps, TWI have just decided not to make them.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

drrockso20 posted:

I miss the designs of a lot of the old maps. There were so many ways to run and kite enemies. I'd love for there to be bigger official maps. I voted for the M32. Demo needs a fast dump mag weapon.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Revolver Bunker posted:

Demo needs a fast dump mag weapon.

Shame the Seeker 6 is so garbage.

In the mean time though, you should check out the Husk Cannon as demo. It's absurdly good. I think Firebug does it a bit better, but only because you don't set yourself on fire as firebug. It's still a very capable weapon for demo though, it's what the S6 should have been.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

drrockso20 posted:

I've wanted to remake a KF1 map (that I can never remember the name of) that featured an office building with a trader at the top at one end, and a long underground complex with a trader at the other end, and each round alternated trader location. It meant you had to do a running firefight the entire time in order to get to the trader in time, with scary choke-points and areas where zeds could come up on you real fast.
Made for a very different feel to the normal play-style.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
West London and the mountain pass or I riot. I’ve said it before, but those maps ARE KF.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

There's a very faithful and reasonably-attractive fan remake of Mountain Pass out already. Thing is, KF2's gameplay doesn't really suit that map very well, and it tends to be a complete cakewalk except for the MLG husk snipers that will hit you from a couple hundred meters away reliably and just stand up there raining death on your team.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

aniviron posted:

There's a very faithful and reasonably-attractive fan remake of Mountain Pass out already. Thing is, KF2's gameplay doesn't really suit that map very well, and it tends to be a complete cakewalk except for the MLG husk snipers that will hit you from a couple hundred meters away reliably and just stand up there raining death on your team.

To be fair, Mountain Pass didn't really fit KF1s gameplay either.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
It was, from my memory, the easiest map to win 10 waves on, and the loving hardest to kill Patty, and that's including the Pipebomb tactic.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/3229520292653883626

Mrs. Foster, prestige, and weapon upgrades.

quote:

Hello everyone!

While the Infinite Onslaught continues, so has work on the next major update for Killing Floor 2, and we want to start sharing that with you today! As always, when we talk about our plans, they are subject to change during the normal course of development.

Today is going to focus on several big community requests, so let us dive right in. You asked for it, now it is on it’s way, Player Perk Prestige!

Players who have worked for a level 25 perk can now choose to prestige it, taking it back down to 0 to work their way through again. Those who choose to do so will be rewarded with increased leveling speed, additional Vault Dosh, an upgraded perk icon, as well as a prestige perk knife.

Dedicated players will now have one more optional way to stand out and show off! There are no gameplay changes involved with prestiging, and players are not required to do it.

Do you have a favored weapon that just doesn’t make the cut for your late game arsenal?
Another major community request now in development and coming with the next update will be our first version of a weapon upgrade system!

With this first iteration players will be able to spend dosh not just on new weapons, but to upgrade an existing one to improve its damage. In some cases, this will also add to the weight of the weapon being upgraded, opening up new late game loadout options.

Almost every weapon in the game can be upgraded from Tier 1 onward (this does not include grenades or knives). Also, as part of this change, traditional Tier 4 weapons will also be adjusted to Tier 3 weapons that can be upgraded to the Tier 4 weapons you know and love.... and Tier 5.

Our goal is to add more options to this system to allow for greater weapon changes as we move ahead, but it will be limited to damage and weight for this update. Be sure to let us know what else you feel the system needs once you trial it out in the beta or full update release.

But wait, there’s more! The first DLC mercenary is joining up, and we can’t wait to introduce you to this roster returnee: Mrs. Foster is back!

Mrs. Foster will be our first fully voiced character joining the Killing Floor 2 roster, featuring the vocal talents of Claudia Black! She will be localized in other supported languages with other voice actors.

While we continue to look at additional characters and costumes for the future, Mrs. Foster will be serving as our test with the community: to see if this type of fully voiced roster addition is something fans will continue to want to see added as paid content, or if you want to see more characters/costumes such as DAR and Commando Chicken which do not require additional voice acting.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Weapon upgrades? Sounds interesting but man classes already take forever to rank up if you're not a dedicated player.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Flipswitch posted:

Weapon upgrades? Sounds interesting but man classes already take forever to rank up if you're not a dedicated player.

My guess is that Weapon upgrading will see the most use in Endless mode

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Can't wait to upgrade the Berserker weapons and shred everything even harder.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

This is an awesome update. Gonna be a good game to play all summer

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Marogareh posted:

Can't wait to upgrade the Berserker weapons and shred everything even harder.

I hope upgraded weapons get cosmetic glow effects or something to show how boosted they are above their baseline. I want my Zweihander to be a beacon of destruction.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

aniviron posted:

Shame the Seeker 6 is so garbage.

Everybody says this, and it has been a while since I played, but I remember having a pretty good time with it. Since there's no penalty to using lock-on mode, I think it goes well with the +damage -but AoE perk, as well as the perk that increases direct hit damage, so that single rockets can take out a Gorefast and 2 or 3 for Sirens/Husks etc. Also seemed useful for getting reliable hits on Scrakes and FPs from the back of the team while other players engaged them up close.

Not sure how I feel about not getting incremental perk upgrades associated with Prestige, thought that was kind of the whole point. Doesn't seem like it would be worth it to reset your mans for pure cosmetics :shrug:

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
My problem with the seeker 6 is that is that the Husk cannon does more damage and weighs less yet costs the same. Its also less useful in tighter enviroments, but I shouldn't expect every weapon to be viable on every map.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

For some reason when I first tried the husk cannon I didn't care for it, but a friend suggested our entire team use it and see how it fares. I'm a convert. Scrakes shrug it off a bit but it vapourises Fleshpounds. I've never run out of ammo for it (but yet to try it on HoE) so I don't even need a secondary weapon.
I'm waiting for it to get nerfed, obviously.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Takes No Damage posted:

Everybody says this, and it has been a while since I played, but I remember having a pretty good time with it. Since there's no penalty to using lock-on mode, I think it goes well with the +damage -but AoE perk, as well as the perk that increases direct hit damage, so that single rockets can take out a Gorefast and 2 or 3 for Sirens/Husks etc. Also seemed useful for getting reliable hits on Scrakes and FPs from the back of the team while other players engaged them up close.

See, I use all those perks anyway as demo, and I still think it's bad. With the S6 I have to dump six rounds which takes a second, reload, dump six more, reload, and hope that my teammates have been doing enough that now the zed is dead. Or, I could use the RPG-7, nail the headshot, and instantly kill a skrake or almost instantly kill a FP- in solo even the FP dies to a single headshot RPG-7. Against big zeds there's just no question which weapon I would rather have. I also don't find the lockon all that useful for the exact same reason- it doesn't target the head, so you're guaranteed not to get that extra damage. Skrakes take reduced explosion damage but they take quadrupled impact damage from rockets, and the impact damage is huge. It's much easier to hit one RPG-7 headshot on an unaggro'd skrake than it is to try and nail 6-12 consecutive headshots, especially when it's mad after the first few.

Also the RPG-7's blast is big enough that shooting it slightly behind a crowd that is on you will instantly clear the crowd and save your bacon, but the S6 has such a pathetic blast radius combined with the same minimum arming distance as other explosives that if you get swarmed you're in real trouble. This goes double now that the husk cannon is out, which just does everything the s6 does but with more damage, more than triple the magazine size, more spare ammo, and doesn't have a minimum range. The only thing the S6 does that other weapons don't is lock on, but I mean, zeds aren't that fast, it's not difficult to hit them anyway. The rare zed you might miss i.e. a crawler or stalker will be killed by your blast radius on the near miss.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Yea fair. When I used it I would always have a secondary weapon, either the pistol or the grenade launcher, using those for short/long range and the S6 for mid-range stuff. I usually just shot one rocket at a time into crowds, killing the target and damaging the rest for my team to clean up, but if a heavy gets close to you then you don't have much stopping power. I still think it has a place chilling out behind the rest of the team, sniping trash with lock-on, but if you want a more active role in blowing poo poo up it's not ideal.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/1651009712399759121

Quad shotgun :getin:

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
Tripwire still seems to be under the impression that Sharpshooter is the worst class in the game when it's easily been the best since its release. They've done nothing but buff its guns every single patch.

But I'm not complaining.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
I don't think I'm a fan of more projectile enemies.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Theta Zero posted:

Tripwire still seems to be under the impression that Sharpshooter is the worst class in the game when it's easily been the best since its release. They've done nothing but buff its guns every single patch.

But I'm not complaining.

I gotta admit Sharpshooter doesn't really click for me. I think it's because I spent a lot of the time on trash duty so I have to fight the urge to shoot at Crawlers and Clots instead of bloats/sirens/husks.

Plus I generally prefer to hipfire almost everything

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Away all Goats posted:

I gotta admit Sharpshooter doesn't really click for me. I think it's because I spent a lot of the time on trash duty so I have to fight the urge to shoot at Crawlers and Clots instead of bloats/sirens/husks.

With the .300 you can hipfire pretty much all the time for clots, stalkers, and crawlers. It's pretty easy to hipfire headshot with it as well, the ironsight for the thing is just for long range most of the time. It also penetrates like mad so you can really easily handle hordes.

I'm not saying Sharpshooter doesn't take getting used to. But once you've gotten the hang of it, a Sharpshooter has the toolkit they need to handle anything.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Away all Goats posted:

I can play a sharpshooter and be bad on trash and great on larges, our I can play a pyro, commando, or demo and be good against everything.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Pope Guilty posted:

I can play a sharpshooter and be bad on trash and great on larges, our I can play a pyro, commando, or demo and be good against everything.

Yeah I think is part of it. You are supposed to 100% focus on the big/medium threats but it feels like every other class doesn't have such a strict target selection. I know there's nothing wrong with hitting a few trash mobs now and then but I have trouble kind deciding when/where to do it. Oh well just gotta play more of it I guess.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Sharpshooter you sorta need to play alone or have competent allies. Solo there's not so much stuff that you can't just kill it all; but when you have six guys' worth of poo poo on the map, if your teammates standing next to you are constantly letting crawlers chew on your legs then you're gonna have problems. Happens all the time where I'm trying to take down a FP and the firebug is like I CAN HELPING and he's just making the FP hard to hit while crawlers eat me alive.

Sharpshooter is really good when your teammates deal with the stuff you're bad at, it makes big zeds into non-threats. But I find that doesn't happen so often- I prefer demo, which is not quite as good at big stuff but almost, and is very capable at crowd control.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

aniviron posted:

Sharpshooter you sorta need to play alone or have competent allies. Solo there's not so much stuff that you can't just kill it all; but when you have six guys' worth of poo poo on the map, if your teammates standing next to you are constantly letting crawlers chew on your legs then you're gonna have problems. Happens all the time where I'm trying to take down a FP and the firebug is like I CAN HELPING and he's just making the FP hard to hit while crawlers eat me alive.

With the husk cannon the firebug is just vaporising FPs before they get a chance to hit anyone. Before that weapon came out I always felt guilty when I accidentally flame-raged a scrake or pounder who surprised me. Unless I run in to stumble them off a team member, then it's the sharpies fault for letting it get that close.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」
I'm not sure if I'll care about the prestige mode since there's no real value in resetting outside of visual. I am going to pay for Mrs. Foster. The weapon upgrade is a good idea. Not sure I like them knocking down the tier 4 weapons for the sake of upgrading.

New weapons look good. For me the sharpshooter was always good but only have one heavy punch weapon with limited ammo means running out before half the wave is done. I just hope ammo for the AMR isn't 1500 per round like KF1. Quad shotgun will go great with the double barrel. I can be Doomguy all day everyday.

Severed
Jul 9, 2001

idspispopd
I might be in the minority, but I like that they added more ranged enemies. As long as they aren't hitscan, I think they'll add a fun element to the game similar to classic shooters (Doom, etc) which this game already heavily borrows from.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

I love the husk cannon but I would not protest a bit if they nerfed it. It's ridiculously powerful and makes the firebug way more solo capable. I played an endless round with it and just let my guy die around wave fifty because it was getting late.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

Yeah, I think a nerf is guaranteed. I've never run out of ammo with it, so maybe they'll just do a massive drop on that? It's not nearly as devastating on HoE, but I hope they don't base their weapon capabilities on that level of difficulty.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
https://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/1651010346590195298

Objective mode is back, baby. In KF1 you helped launch in airship. Now you get to fight on it while trying to keep it afloat.

This update just keeps getting better.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Theta Zero posted:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/232090/announcements/detail/1651010346590195298

Objective mode is back, baby. In KF1 you helped launch in airship. Now you get to fight on it while trying to keep it afloat.

This update just keeps getting better.

I'm thankful that they're going to tone the Scrake and FP only waves. I'm excited to see how they're going to make the Clot wave not a joke give me wave. I really want those new weapons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Summer beta is up. Blocking got nerfed really hard. Boxing gloves are good at least.