Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
"I never thought they would ship literal poo poo to my town" says town that always votes for ship literal poo poo into our town

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Lord of Pie posted:

It's probably been baking in those rail cars long enough that they have enough mud bricks to make some pyramids to store their grain

How about for the motherfucking wall?

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

even though this story doesn't belong in this thread.. it belongs in this thread
Reeking ‘Poop Train’ Of NYC Human Waste Wreaks Havoc On Alabama Town

this poo poo owns and will keep happening as long as these people keep voting for shitheads promising to ban gays and minorities and otherwise own the libs, only to turn their backyard into a toilet for profit.

kinda like that state that's like 50% pork farms with giant neon pink pools of toxic poo poo waste

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Truga posted:

https://www.siasat.com/news/alabama-breaths-sigh-relief-poop-train-finally-leaves-town-1346221/

April 23, 2018, 11:41 AM IST
Alabama breaths sigh of relief as poop train finally leaves town

Washington: A train has left the premises of Parrish, Alabama in US, and the town folks cannot be happier – there is celebrating, dancing, singing, and cheering.

Please tell me the train just went ten miles up the track and stopped again and is now stinking up a whole new town.

Perhaps it could tour the whole state, or even the whole South. :allears:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Grevling posted:

poop wall is a nonstarter, mexicans have far too much experience with rapidly converting american shits into liquid form

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Powered Descent posted:

Please tell me the train just went ten miles up the track and stopped again and is now stinking up a whole new town.

Perhaps it could tour the whole state, or even the whole South. :allears:

don't worry, soon the alabama state legislature will put a stop to this nonsense once and for all (by legally exempting poop trains from all local municipal regulation)

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

ikanreed posted:

White, college educated men and women both broke for Trump.

Average income was higher among Trump voters.

"The system is oppressing Republicans into being awful garbage people" is even more naive a position than "white people are racists"
idk what you would propose between those two positions. either capitalism and culture are bad, or white people are inherently bad (dumb)

Best Korea
Feb 15, 2012

Relin posted:

idk what you would propose between those two positions. either capitalism and culture are bad, or white people are inherently bad (dumb)

I don't know, it seems like history since the middle ages is just a series of stories about white people ruining things for everyone else. Prior to that Europe is a backwater full of violent idiots while the rest of the world is figuring out science and civilization.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Best Korea posted:

I don't know, it seems like history since the middle ages is just a series of stories about white people ruining things for everyone else. Prior to that Europe is a backwater full of violent idiots while the rest of the world is figuring out science and civilization.

People are poo poo and were murdering the gently caress out of one another since apes walked upright. Whitey just got good in a time when people were writing poo poo down and passing it around for others to read.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Relin posted:

My position isn't between those positions at all. I view both as pointedly naive about complex causes reducing them to simplistic absolutes.

White racist shits who view politics as a zero sum game and abhor upholding the principles they claim to value exist. People who turn to scapegoats for their real problems exist. People who indulge in a bit of both exist. People who buy right wing media narratives about how racism is made up because they're innundated in propoganda exist. Single issue voters who look over the Republicans' vile beliefs about other things exist.

gently caress reductionism

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

ikanreed posted:

My position isn't between those positions at all. I view both as pointedly naive about complex causes reducing them to simplistic absolutes.

White racist shits who view politics as a zero sum game and abhor upholding the principles they claim to value exist. People who turn to scapegoats for their real problems exist. People who indulge in a bit of both exist. People who buy right wing media narratives about how racism is made up because they're innundated in propoganda exist. Single issue voters who look over the Republicans' vile beliefs about other things exist.

gently caress reductionism

Please continue speaking truth to power.

Coming from a religiously conservative private school that last one is the most egregious. Hundreds if not thousands of first time voters (majority of them girls actually) expressing their choice of Trump simply because he’s in the “pro-life” party.

Meanwhile Heath Mello gets thrown under the bus for the crime of being a Catholic democrat.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Trump Voters Driven by Fear of Losing Status, Not Economic Anxiety, Study Finds

https://nyti.ms/2vI2b4j

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I would quote it but phone posting is very difficult

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

In the end Clinton won the popular vote and almost half of white people. You don't have to somehow convert every last fuckin Nazi, you just gotta peel off another percentage point or two of of the least racist Trump voters, and there's gotta be issues that that could be done with.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

aphid_licker posted:

In the end Clinton won the popular vote and almost half of white people. You don't have to somehow convert every last fuckin Nazi, you just gotta peel off another percentage point or two of of the least racist Trump voters, and there's gotta be issues that that could be done with.

purging nazis from humanity is the most leftist thing one can do

appeasing nazis is the most centrist thing one can do

punch every nazi in sight

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Maybe if we promise to kill a million minorities it'll appease the more moderate Nazis. At least for 2020.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

aphid_licker posted:

That or we can convince people who would have voted for you to actually vote, and change voting laws to prevent disenfranchising persons of color and felons.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Maybe if we promise to kill a million minorities it'll appease the more moderate Nazis. At least for 2020.

I'm very sleepy and I misread "minorities" as "millionaires," and that's an idea I could get behind

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm very sleepy and I misread "minorities" as "millionaires," and that's an idea I could get behind

So you're a moderate Nazi? :cheeky:

Just kidding, although I'm sure they're all for killing (((millionaires)))

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

He didn't vote for Trump tho, they hate him I thought.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Maxwells Demon posted:

That or we can convince people who would have voted for you to actually vote, and change voting laws to prevent disenfranchising persons of color and felons.

Gotta be in control in the first place for the second and trying to do the first is gonna drive up "economic anxiety" probably. Gotta suck that moderate nazi d

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Grevling posted:

Shitbricks, piled high

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ikanreed posted:

White, college educated men and women both broke for Trump.

because well educated whites still saw their position of privilege being threatened

ikanreed posted:

Average income was higher among Trump voters.

this is heavily skewed by minorities voting dem and having poo poo income due to the above.

ikanreed posted:

"The system is oppressing Republicans into being awful garbage people" is even more naive a position than "white people are racists"

more like white people are awful and create the system

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

bitch dead yet?

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Bush 41 told someone who announced it on Facebook that he's voting for Hillary before the election, and he didn't dispute the story.

Not that I think it's particularly courageous of the butt groper to do it.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

zegermans posted:

because well educated whites still saw their position of privilege being threatened

this is heavily skewed by minorities voting dem and having poo poo income due to the above.

more like white people are awful and create the system

Lmao "it's not naive" I shout as a shrink and transform into a bare assertion

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

One of the more under-appreciated comedy moments of the election was when Trump was endorsed by George Bush. No, not that George Bush. No, not that one either. George Prescott Bush. Jeb's son.

Oh, to have been a fly on the wall at the next Thanksgiving dinner... :allears:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Powered Descent posted:

One of the more under-appreciated comedy moments of the election was when Trump was endorsed by George Bush. No, not that George Bush. No, not that one either. George Prescott Bush. Jeb's son.

Oh, to have been a fly on the wall at the next Thanksgiving dinner... :allears:

back in the days before Obama George P. Bush was talked about like he might be a political contender some day like he was JFK Jr. or some poo poo

it's nice of him to torpedo himself so thoroughly

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gently caress political dynasties and gently caress anyone who thinks they are good even harder

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

gently caress political dynasties and gently caress anyone who thinks they are good even harder

Counterpoint: president Barron will be lol

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'm glad of it.

Burt Sexual posted:

He didn't vote for Trump tho, they hate him I thought.

point stands.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

back in the days before Obama George P. Bush was talked about like he might be a political contender some day like he was JFK Jr. or some poo poo

it's nice of him to torpedo himself so thoroughly

The only reason anyone talked like that was because he was the only visible GOP politician under the age of 50 at the time. He was just a Kennedy type, but wetlips, not jfk Jr.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

aphid_licker posted:

winner take all voting incentivizes appealing to the center, but in a deeply partisan country where 40% of eligible voters don't vote, energizing your party base is really important. dems need to find a more robust way to do this than relying on outrage when a republican wins and fucks everything up

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

winner take all voting incentivizes appealing to the center, but in a deeply partisan country where 40% of eligible voters don't vote, energizing your party base is really important. dems need to find a more robust way to do this than relying on outrage when a republican wins and fucks everything up

a candidate that excites the base and doesn't run to the loving center constantly would be a good start

also abolishing voter id laws

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

logikv9 posted:

Trump Voters Driven by Fear of Losing Status, Not Economic Anxiety, Study Finds

https://nyti.ms/2vI2b4j

I liked the story of the Trump PA town in which all the whites were mad about latinos moving into their dying rust belt town, even though they were helping the economy to recover.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dems could campaign on sundering the Republican party without remorse and prosecuting their numerous criminals, and as long as they also tore down unconstitutional barrier to voting for """certain""" demographics and fired up their base they'd win

They don't need a single Republican crossover because the majority of the country already votes for them, they just need to ensure they're able to vote in the first place. The coverage of 4 hour lines to vote in urban areas being treated as a noble and good thing because look how much they care was loving disgusting. I had a ballot in my hand within 30 seconds of pulling up to my place lol

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

etalian posted:

I liked the story of the Trump PA town in which all the whites were mad about latinos moving into their dying rust belt town, even though they were helping the economy to recover.

God drat that story was loving disgusting. The white people in that town are a bunch of poo poo bird troglodytes.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
vote by mail if possible you morans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/anakin_wildstar/status/988851822713487363

surely a person who appreciates the importance of public assistance for people in difficult circumstances

https://mobile.twitter.com/anakin_wildstar/status/987151741824086016