Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also, having started playing as RDM in ARR, I completely forgot that X'rhun mentioned Zenos.

How

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
You only need to be level 50 and own Stormblood to access the new jobs, so you can do all of ARR’s content as a red mage or samurai.

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
If I were to level a crafter and maybe a gatherer for the sole purpose of making gil, what would be best? From what I can discern CUL/ALC have been pretty hot recently.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Get to 50, unlock RDM, continue with the rest of the ARR story, forget the finer points of X'rhun's dialogue hundreds of hours later?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thundarr posted:

. But then the optimal ninja rotation would probably become some ridiculous piano piece

Really want to see this game played with a guitar hero controller now

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

pupuru posted:

If I were to level a crafter and maybe a gatherer for the sole purpose of making gil, what would be best? From what I can discern CUL/ALC have been pretty hot recently.

It's not easy to make money with CUL since a lot of the higher recipes have an entire page of ingredients. High end recipes have stabilized at about 10k each, or 30k/stack (since CUL usually crafts in 3s). I haven't done the mat math, but I can tell you that the gearing up is expensive (both if you decide to buy the kit off of the MB or time intensive if you craft your own).

The least you should do is get BTN up since you can send out a retainer to gather mats, but if you're just looking to idly make some money, the raw materials market game isn't a bad way to go about it.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

kirbysuperstar posted:

Get to 50, unlock RDM, continue with the rest of the ARR story, forget the finer points of X'rhun's dialogue hundreds of hours later?

Ah. "During ARR" to me means something like "two years ago at patch 2.x".

Catkin
Apr 28, 2006

it is all a dream- a grotesque and foolish dream.
If anyone still has me (Yavivi Yavi) on their friendlist, invite me back for the callback campaign and get some tasty gold feathers! Or else direct me to the TPT discord/mumble so I can find someone who can, because I've been gone for 8 months 1500 miles away from internet access on a remote island (not even kidding) and have completely forgotten or lost the addresses. Thanks!

Catkin fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 28, 2018

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
Baph update

Haven't played in like 5 months

Checked out the Lodestone, saw the advertisement for new stuff in Mog Station

$100 well spent

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
lol

Phone fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Apr 29, 2018

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

It's just a stupid onion taking space in my bag.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I GATHERED IT MYSELF SO IT WAS FREE

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
So, whinge time.

It would be nice if they changes the Seventh Astral Era quests to either be optional or maybe give a little more xp. I’m levelling my first toon through, finished the ARR base MSQ which ends giving 28k xp per quest, all good, level 54 and no big deal. Now I have 100 quests to complete at 5k xp per before I can complete class quests. It feels like a massive step backwards and moreso a grind.

*edit* maybe just let me do some class quests. Knowing I have 52, 54 and now 56 waiting on me completing literally 80 quests is soul destroying.

Pinball Jizzard fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 29, 2018

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I know that the trend this entire time has been to name the ultimate quest of each patch after the name of the patch but I really hope "Under the Moonlight" is the penultimate quest, so that the final one can be called "This Serious Moonlight."

(I will also accept that being the first quest of the next patch.)

Pinball Jizzard posted:

So, whinge time.

It would be nice if they changes the Seventh Astral Era quests to either be optional or maybe give a little more xp. I’m levelling my first toon through, finished the ARR base MSQ which ends giving 28k xp per quest, all good, level 54 and no big deal. Now I have 100 quests to complete at 5k xp per before I can complete class quests. It feels like a massive step backwards and moreso a grind.

*edit* maybe just let me do some class quests. Knowing I have 52, 54 and now 56 waiting on me completing literally 80 quests is soul destroying.

Yeah, this can be a pain, but because the class quests take place in and around HW areas, you're going to have to just power through. It's a tough slog for a lot of people since you're not getting it in chunks every few months. I'm not sure what to suggest beyond pacing yourself. Maybe do a little sightseeing in some of the optional level 50 dungeons, do the Manderville quests and trials in between knocking off a few MSQs.

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 29, 2018

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by

Pinball Jizzard posted:

So, whinge time.

I strongly recommend doing the Hildibrand quests. One or two between story quests and during dungeon queues kept me sane, because yeah it's a total slog now.

Phone posted:

It's not easy to make money with CUL since a lot of the higher recipes have an entire page of ingredients. High end recipes have stabilized at about 10k each, or 30k/stack (since CUL usually crafts in 3s). I haven't done the mat math, but I can tell you that the gearing up is expensive (both if you decide to buy the kit off of the MB or time intensive if you craft your own).

The least you should do is get BTN up since you can send out a retainer to gather mats, but if you're just looking to idly make some money, the raw materials market game isn't a bad way to go about it.

man that kinda sucks, I work hospitality and it'd be a fun dumb thing to also have it as a job in the game. Maybe I'll level it if ever hit a lull in the game.
Are all gatherers equally valued? I don't really see the value in fishing but I haven't really explored the whole turning materials into different materials thing.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Pinball Jizzard posted:

So, whinge time.

Go to the patch note pages and do the content in the order it was released, including optional dungeons, quests and raids. It feels better that way.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Leofish posted:

I know that the trend this entire time has been to name the ultimate quest of each patch after the name of the patch but I really hope "Under the Moonlight" is the penultimate quest, so that the final one can be called "This Serious Moonlight."

It'll still fit if Asahi says "let's dance" when the inevitable fight starts.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

pupuru posted:

I strongly recommend doing the Hildibrand quests. One or two between story quests and during dungeon queues kept me sane, because yeah it's a total slog now.

man that kinda sucks, I work hospitality and it'd be a fun dumb thing to also have it as a job in the game. Maybe I'll level it if ever hit a lull in the game.
Are all gatherers equally valued? I don't really see the value in fishing but I haven't really explored the whole turning materials into different materials thing.

Crafting in this game is a bit odd in that maxing one gatherer and one crafter doesn't really make sense to do. It is more workable now than ever before, but you ultimately will want to still have leveled everything.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Many of those quests amount to "go here, talk to a guy"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
It's super cool to throw a duty at me that takes 10 minutes to get through then the boss at the end rapid-casts 3 giant AOEs in a row that instantly take me out SE, I can't wait to attune to the kamis again. :mad:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

pupuru posted:

Fishing is legit, but either you're into it or you aren't. It's not a bad way to farm some high end material components. As of right now, the only real grind for crafting classes is 15-50 because they revamped the 50-60 xp curve. I highly recommend doing all of them at your own pace because the class quests are pretty good and funny. The return on investment for crafting takes a lot of time and a lot of money, it's more immediate with gatherers; however, the investment is time.

If you're on Excal, the market board has been a bit slow lately, but we're also on the cusp of a patch, which means there's an opportunity to cash in real soon.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I really wish the had more trials via Hildibrand. The 3.x/4.x Hildibrand quests lacking trials makes them just feel kinda more lame.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mordiceius posted:

I really wish the had more trials via Hildibrand. The 3.x/4.x Hildibrand quests lacking trials makes them just feel kinda more lame.

Sorry all that side dev time when to Eureka and the lovely PVP maps they made before Shatter.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Sorry all that side dev time when to Eureka and the lovely PVP maps they made before Shatter.

Shatter is a lovely pvp map tho. Probably the worst.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Mordiceius posted:

Shatter is a lovely pvp map tho. Probably the worst.

Shatter is the ice field right? The King of the Hill map is the worst one. It lasts for about 6 mins longer than it should even when its a blowout.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Mordiceius posted:

Same but people bitched about them being required for Trials Roulette, so we can't have nice things.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Shatter is the ice field right? The King of the Hill map is the worst one. It lasts for about 6 mins longer than it should even when its a blowout.

All frontlines are bad because no where in the game does it explain to people that the best way to get points is actually just killing the other team to shut them out of getting any themselves. This also has the added, and much more important, benefit of taking points from the other teams pools and just adding them to your own teams directly, independently from the objective scoring. Shatter specifically is terrible because of this as very few people try to peel other teams off the ice. The rare game where a team does actually do that, they usually dominate. And it's never your team when it happens. Hell, you can win a game of Shatter without touching ice at all.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kitfox88 posted:

It's super cool to throw a duty at me that takes 10 minutes to get through then the boss at the end rapid-casts 3 giant AOEs in a row that instantly take me out SE, I can't wait to attune to the kamis again. :mad:

If it's any consolation, the Ananta final battle is insultingly easy in comparison.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
So I just saw that the return campaign is a thing, anyone mind shooting a request to Vielle Terrechant? I'm assuming at least a few people on tpt have me in their list

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Same but people bitched about them being required for Trials Roulette, so we can't have nice things.

Which doesn't make sense now anyways since Trial Roulette just requires 2 trials to be unlocked now.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If it's any consolation, the Ananta final battle is insultingly easy in comparison.

This biggest insult is I still can't buy my adorable manta ray mount because I need to get to bloodsworn instead of sworn like for the vath :rubshands:

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Can't be mad at Eureka for lack of new frontlines map when Astralogos is right there being a worthless pile of poo poo.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I really thought Astragalos might be fun, but that was only in the first couple of hours. Once everyone learned how to play, I found myself wanting to get pretty far from it.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Give me a loving Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin equivalent. I mean gently caress man, this isn't hard.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
The lampshade is strong with this one.

Solo Wing Pixy
Aug 5, 2008

It's an amanojaku!
And it hates you so much!
O7S: the fight so nice I first cleared it twice.

Except this time on my main, and as a Scholar instead of Summoner. The weird thing is, for such a hyped up fight, O7S is really really easy to heal if people aren't botching mechanics, which is usually an instant wipe or unrecoverable anyways. Throw any two of Excogiation, Fey Union, and Adloquium on people who get Prey, Whispering Dawn before Air Force adds and right before Virus starts up, and you're good to go. The Bibliothing add + triple distortion wave thing is nothing compared to its equivalent from Halicarnassus; it's one beefy add hitting one tank instead of one beefy add and six less-beefy adds hitting both tanks, and the raidwides come out waaaaaaaaay slower than they did in O3S.

Meanwhile, my alt got shot by a Garlean shrink ray.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Still working on O7S.

We now occasionally reach enrage :shepicide:

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Being like 7 or 8 wins away from the 100 wins achievement for the gorilla mount, I kinda wish Astrogalos wasn't 100% dead since 4.2 hit( I once was half-afk in queue for 4hours and no pop), if at least they could put it in a roulette/add daily super bonus or something similar to make the queue pop at least once in a blue moon.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Philonius posted:

Still working on O7S.

Same. Never seen enrage, though. :smith:

Choyi posted:

Being like 7 or 8 wins away from the 100 wins achievement for the gorilla mount, I kinda wish Astrogalos wasn't 100% dead since 4.2 hit( I once was half-afk in queue for 4hours and no pop), if at least they could put it in a roulette/add daily super bonus or something similar to make the queue pop at least once in a blue moon.

I want that robo-gorilla, but it seems like it's too late for someone who hasn't been PvPing already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
I still don't understand why Astrologos isn't a part of frontlines roulette. It's such a strange line to draw between one kind of large-scale pvp and another.