Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Splicer posted:

Picturing a five minute slow-motion sequence backed by "What a wonderful world" of explosions, cars flipping over your head, and two pinwheeling trucks taking out the everything in front of and behind you as you Mr. Magoo your way to safety like some kind of reverse Final Destination.

I mean this is the osha thread, how many car gifs do we get where at last one person getting hosed up got hosed up because they reacted to a situation in a way that made everything worse instead of just continuing what they were doing

and how many times do we get gifs of people miraculously unaware of a situation not reacting at all and narrowly avoiding the fallout because of it

hell even the "traffic/pedestrian" gifs where people are just cutting straight through perpetual cross traffic

Part of the takeaway is probably "if you're not reacting you're a predictable obstacle that people will try to avoid if they're at all capable of doing so, but if you're reacting you're as predictable as a drunk dude weaving around in the middle of the freeway".

It'd be interesting to look into statistically, obviously this does nothing if you're on the verge of getting flattened by a car that was going 120, swerved and flipped, but for any situation where there's still some modicum of control involved

e: snipe content

https://www.liveleak.com/view?t=Ipg1_1522225265

quote:

The unmanned car gains momentum as it approaches its home and even attempts to climb the original gradient. Then it goes back to the road only to come back again.

The car makes three back and forth trips across the road, averting collisions with several vehicles narrowly.

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Man buys helicopter, tries to learn to fly in his own yard, crashes. Read page 1, then skip to page 7.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/His-property-his-rules/5-2101215/?page=1

Nurse Fanny
Aug 14, 2007

gotta play the blues brothers theme to this gif my dude

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Have a link to the story on this? Seems like the three people walking into that hallway almost had to get run down.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Lime Tonics posted:

Man buys helicopter, tries to learn to fly in his own yard, crashes. Read page 1, then skip to page 7.

quote:

"If I had a helicopter I wouldn't choose to fly it into a tree but that's his property and I respect his right to do that."
:allears:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Any time I think the SA forums look ancient and outdated I can look at this ar15 forum. Holy poo poo that's an ugly site. Also everyone speaks like they're ESL or a caveman.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lime Tonics posted:

Page 6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MJsn2sONCU

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Baronjutter posted:

Any time I think the SA forums look ancient and outdated I can look at this ar15 forum. Holy poo poo that's an ugly site. Also everyone speaks like they're ESL or a caveman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZvT2r828QY

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/oCCskWw.mp4

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

They must've really needed a refill.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Made with Hillary’s uranium, no doubt.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

The new Oldsmobiles are in early this year!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Lime Tonics posted:

I then read page 2:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Mr. Apollo posted:

The new Oldsmobiles are in early this year!

Get 'em quick cos they're going fast

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Random Hajile posted:

They must've really needed a refill.

probably needs a fresh change of underwear too

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer
OSHA: Heavy emphasis over rotary-wing libertarians over bystanders

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I misread and thought OP's wife had died.

Fake edit: Apparently she did die but nobody seems to care? :confused:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

HardDiskD posted:

He said she wasn't there and her car wasn't in the driveway, I was expecting neighbor crashed into her car but it didn't look that way so I assume she's fine

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

FuturePastNow posted:

Russia also still has 7 or 8 nuclear icebreakers working and plans to build more.

But I thought climate change has opened the northern passage?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

The Locator posted:

Have a link to the story on this? Seems like the three people walking into that hallway almost had to get run down.

IIRC the security cameras are motion activated, so it's likely the people we see passed through the area some time beforehand.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

HardDiskD posted:

I then read page 2:

He also says "I'd rather repair my own roof than call the police on him."

I've never felt disappointed by a helicopter crash before.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
The last few pages sent me down a rabbit hole of plane crashes. Please post more about plane crashes.

(I'm going to get arrested by the FBI)

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

HardDiskD posted:

I then read page 2:

I prefer page 1:

Krinkplinker posted:

Unless there is some pre-existing beef with you two, just talk to the guy about it. You never know you might actually make a new friend.

True story: I have a neighbor who I consider a good friend and we look out for each other. We met by him coming over to gripe at me about cutting my grass too low next to his.

Thunder_Stick posted:

never met the guy, I would never actually ask someone to modify what they do on their property. But I will have better ear plugs by Monday. The cheapos I shoot with aren’t cutting it.

So libertarian he won't even consider talking to his neighbour :psyduck:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The only thing that would make it better is if the helicopter crashed into his house and killed his wife and the only thing he could think to say is "I respect his right to private property, and that right supersedes my desire to not have helicopters crash into my house."

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

chitoryu12 posted:

The only thing that would make it better is if the helicopter crashed into his house and killed his wife and the only thing he could think to say is "I respect his right to private property, and that right supersedes my desire to not have helicopters crash into my house."

It's almost like there are a lot of people who like to argue about rights but don't actually know what rights are, or how they work.

Which is probably why arbitrary egocentric interpretations lead to contradictions, like the majority of US politics being a mob of idiots all fighting over who is allowed to delete others' freedoms they find offensive.

I haven't studied the subject all that much either, but I also don't try to force my ideals on others

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

HardDiskD posted:

What the hell is this all about?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ChesterJT posted:

Every post from the arfcom OP is about as parsable as “at hospital lost fingat”

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

ChesterJT posted:

the idiot OP on the gun forum kept saying his wife was missing because she drove off somewhere before the helicopter crash and didnt take her phone. clearly this means she died in the crash

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me

Alexander Hamilton posted:

The last few pages sent me down a rabbit hole of plane crashes. Please post more about plane crashes.

(I'm going to get arrested by the FBI)

Here is an explanation of the Air France 4590 Concorde crash by a British Airways Concorde pilot. It's pretty comprehensive and has loads of stuff I had never known about this incident, like the fact that this flight was almost 3 tons over its weight limits and missed a 747 that had the French president onboard by about 20 feet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqOcYhzWUZY

EDIT: Or head over to the Aeronautical Insanity thread in AI and find gems like this

Wombot posted:

Came here to post that. Estimated minimum vertical separation was 5 feet between the top of the taxiing vertical stab and the bottom of the Canadians. :catstare:

CIGNX fucked around with this message at 05:40 on May 3, 2018

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Lime Tonics posted:

There's a guy at the end of page 8 who was so excited to talk about his l33t remote control helicopter skillz and how much harder rc aircraft are to fly than real helicopters that he completely missed that the helicopter had crashed.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

[muffled eurobeat playing in the distance]

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

I hate it when a noob gets the helo, you know they're going to get you killed so you just have to get out and walk to the flag. Go get some experience in single player fuckhead!

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

The Locator posted:

It's a 90s Lincoln Towncar; almost certainly an old person hitting the wrong pedal or having a seizure.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Charles posted:

It's a 90s Lincoln Towncar; almost certainly an old person hitting the wrong pedal or having a seizure.

Then why are there already two cops with guns drawn chasing it?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
maybe its an old black person

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I remember the original video, there's like a 5 minute gap between the people walking into the hallway and the car going in, it was just cut in a weird way.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Powershift posted:

I remember the original video, there's like a 5 minute gap between the people walking into the hallway and the car going in, it was just cut in a weird way.

It probably records by motion(I mean was edited down to motion)

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 3, 2018

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

CIGNX posted:

EDIT: Or head over to the Aeronautical Insanity thread in AI and find gems like this

This incident was insane, they were literally one or two seconds away from a disaster on a scale not seen since Tenerife.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

chitoryu12 posted:

Yeah, its the oddest submissive form of libertarianism I've ever seen.