Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Why? He can use that aerospace engineering degree now. Dude isn't going to work in dealerships. Probably the best thing that could happen to him.

...despite that he pursued his dream of American Football. I think he could be good.

Luckily he is very smart, so he can turn his hand to other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Raku posted:

It's called "smiling" and football players sometimes do it when their team scores more points than the other team during the time allotted for the game

That's a flag now I'm p sure

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Hizawk posted:

A hippie girl working at an all natural grocery store in Ottawa Canada wears her Matt Ryan jersey to work some days because he's 'So hot'.

I mean, really? His QB QT score has to be top 20ish at best.

matt_ryan_fanfic.txt

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

He looks exactly like Mac in super troopers holy poo poo

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

I think you'll find he is Mac from super troopers

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Hizawk posted:

A hippie girl working at an all natural grocery store in Ottawa Canada wears her Matt Ryan jersey to work some days because he's 'So hot'.

Let's be fair, Matt Ryan vaguely resembles Super Dave Osborne. And her being from Canada, one just has to understand.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Jameis Winston take note on how to properly and not awkwardly eat dem dubs.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

I think you'll find he is Mac from super troopers

This is true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG4mL_oNAD0

The Gobbledygooker
Apr 5, 2007

Finger Prince posted:

Why even bother with the TE position if he can't block? Why not just field an extra WR, or a pass catching RB?

Pay 'em less.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Was that an issue for TGonz or Gates? Or was it just Graham?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nystral posted:

Was that an issue for TGonz or Gates? Or was it just Graham?

I haven't bothered to look it up but I'm pretty sure yes?

Although it's possible that #4 and 5 on the highest paid TE list was just so awful that it screwed Graham when they were talking about franchising him I guess.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

He lost his arbitration case partially because his Twitter bio said "Tight End" too.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Dwight Clark isn't doing too great :smith:

https://twitter.com/SI_ChrisBallard/status/992070312098328576

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Urgh. That loving sucks :smith:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Blitz7x posted:

Big Ben is a big baby

masom rudolp is tall, force him to play tight end

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Aww hell :(

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Gatts posted:

Let's be fair, Matt Ryan vaguely resembles Super Dave Osborne. And her being from Canada, one just has to understand.

Rex Grossman or bust.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

tk posted:

Mentoring is awesome. What a baby.

This is really the sad part. Ben's such an enormous pussy that he feels threatened by a rookie QB chosen 76th overall and he's loving old. There's such a cool opportunity there to teach your craft to a younger man just coming into the NFL system, and maybe watch him succeed, but of course Ben takes the bitch route

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

quote:

A well-placed league source tells us that the Dolphins had the pick of Alabama safety Minkah Fitzpatrick all ready to go at No. 11 when owner Stephen Ross stepped in and implored his team to trade back, both to acquire more picks and to save money on the first-rounder. Ross’s football people talked him out of it, and the Dolphins went ahead with the Fitzpatrick pick

Interesting.

More stuff here

https://twitter.com/benvolin/status/993116953358340096

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Why would a guy who constantly gives out huge contracts care about 3-5 million dollars

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I saw an Indigo Bunting in my yard today. Apparently they're pretty common but it's the first time I've ever seen one.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

sharknado slashfic posted:

I saw an Indigo Bunting in my yard today. Apparently they're pretty common but it's the first time I've ever seen one.

are you trying to summon kawalimus?

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

Play posted:

This is really the sad part. Ben's such an enormous pussy that he feels threatened by a rookie QB chosen 76th overall and he's loving old. There's such a cool opportunity there to teach your craft to a younger man just coming into the NFL system, and maybe watch him succeed, but of course Ben takes the bitch route

I get it, but like, so what if he doesn't want to? They pay coaches to train the guy up. Mentoring is cool, he can go to the local high schools and make a bunch of kid's day. Most people don't mentor their direct replacement, or at least don't want to.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Cool bird pic.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

incompetent posted:

are you trying to summon kawalimus?

Am I ever not?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Why would a guy who constantly gives out huge contracts care about 3-5 million dollars

Yeah I thought that part didn’t really sound right

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Hizawk posted:

Is she a runner and wants a big family?

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Indigo bunting are rad but are very uncommon where I live. I know this because my mother shares certain hobbies with Kawalimus

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

She hates John Harbaugh too?

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

whypick1 posted:

She hates John Harbaugh too?

no she eats doodoo

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Follow up on the Browns being the Browns

quote:

“I thought it was interesting that he didn’t talk to my girlfriend,” the quarterback said, per CBS. “Maybe he was scared someone actually saying something good about me? I don’t know, I thought it was funny.”

The Browns selected Baker Mayfield with the first overall pick in last month’s draft. Rosen slid to No. 10, where Arizona traded up to get the UCLA product.

“It’s amazing that you can pull a red flag from something with literally zero information,” Rosen said. “Like, he literally pulled absolutely no information from this encounter and it managed to be a red flag.”

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

more like josh rOWNSen

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Everytime I read anything Rosen says about his critics I get the same feeling as reading the Parkland students owning meathead gun agenda slobs on twitter.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I'm so happy Rosen went to the NFC

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

a neat cape posted:

I'm so happy Rosen went to the NFC

The Rams got Goff and the Cardinals got Rosen, and it absolutely sucks that my two favorite QBs of the last few drafts have gone to division rivals.

At least I’m p much guaranteed that Herbert won’t be in division next year.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Coldforge posted:

The Rams got Goff and the Cardinals got Rosen, and it absolutely sucks that my two favorite QBs of the last few drafts have gone to division rivals.

At least I’m p much guaranteed that Herbert won’t be in division next year.

I wouldn't mind him in L.A.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Coby Fleener got cut.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pubic works project posted:

Coby Fleener got cut.

Was he the guy Indy drafted pretty much solely based on the fact he played with Luck in college?

e: looking him up I guess he was a second rounder so he must have been something approaching a real prospect.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Kinda hoping [Cliff Avril] doesn't play again so that he can actually walk 10 years from now.

Sounds like that is the case:

https://twitter.com/SBNationNFL/status/993567391991844864

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

The ideal male form

• Locked thread