Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
For 60 bucks they could have done a lot better. Hopefully the people that actually want this can pick them up at a significant discount a few years down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

OWLS! posted:

I expect audio engineers doing vinyl masters to not over-compress their poo poo like there's no tomorrow in general.

steve albini gets up from behind his board, takes a deep breath and exits his studio, turning the lights off behind him. he's done it. he's crafted a masterpiece. all of the hours of analog recording and mastering have paid off. it lies there, alone, on his desk - with a plain label affixed on the cover of the tapes, the title scrawled in sharpie. The label is all that separates it from the rest of his work. but this one. this one is different.

The label reads "Steven Universe O.S.T. vol 1"

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

OWLS! posted:

For 60 bucks they could have done a lot better. Hopefully the people that actually want this can pick them up at a significant discount a few years down the line.

You paid 60 bucks for a kids' cartoon soundtrack record that you didn't even "actually want"?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Big Black - Songs about Steven

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ras Het posted:

You paid 60 bucks for a kids' cartoon soundtrack record that you didn't even "actually want"?

v0v the people that "actually want" this are the ones throwing a hissy fit and returning it on amazon. I liked the songs well enough to buy it, but didn't like the quality enough to post about it? idk. You guys getting bent out of shape about somebody calling bullshit on a product you... don't even care about? idk, are fukken weird.

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap
ur weird, bitch

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap
sorry i was so rude here's another pic w/ my taint vibrator in it

Ras Het
May 23, 2007

when I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child - but now I am a man.

OWLS! posted:

v0v the people that "actually want" this are the ones throwing a hissy fit and returning it on amazon. I liked the songs well enough to buy it, but didn't like the quality enough to post about it? idk. You guys getting bent out of shape about somebody calling bullshit on a product you... don't even care about? idk, are fukken weird.

It's fine to be a ridiculous capitalism diseased nerd here, it's this attempted nonchalance that is offputting

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

pwn posted:

it’s me, i’m the one who is susceptible to peer influence

Too bad the plastic isn’t green and splatty (Sad!.) but the tunes are extremely green and splatty :hellyeah:

:bandwagon:

If you like this you should 100% buy the Turkish Freakout 1&2 comps:

https://www.discogs.com/search/?q=turkish+freakout&type=all these are full of sick turkish poo poo

somewhat late RSD report, missed charlotte gainsbourg remixes and some other stuff I really wanted but was working that day so lucky to grab what I got:

forgot to sneak my cockring and and ben wa balls in, sorry :(

Banano fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 16, 2018

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Got my copy of Shag's Flyrule A Terrible Fate. It's an album of instrumental hip hop tracks made by sampling the Majora's Mask soundtrack. It's kinda weird though because somewhere done the line they got wires crossed and the cover art is a snes playing lttp and the center labels have the 4 colors of the super famicom controller.

Then I got two records by In Love With A Ghost, an artist I discovered via their work on the B-sides of the soundtrack to the game Celeste, which I just got a shipping notification about IT's soundtrack being on the way.

I hope reading about these video game and video game adjacent pickups I made makes you as happy for me as I was for myself!

The 311 Lifestyle
Feb 16, 2018

just trippin'
and laughin'
at the crap

Banano posted:

forgot to sneak my cockring and and ben wa balls in, sorry :(

bummer

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Banano posted:

https://www.discogs.com/search/?q=turkish+freakout&type=all these are full of sick turkish poo poo

Oh hell yeah, good looking out with those Turkish comps. Turkey took 1970s psychedelic rock to a whole ‘nuther level.

Question: is that Mustafa Ozkent vinyl green with splatter or more yellow-ish? I’m wondering if Jackpot Records did multiple variations.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
it is as yellow as it looks, no camera colouration

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Previously, on Goon Giveaways- -

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Got something interesting. Ordered a flexi from a small artist a few months back and kinda forgot about it, and it never shipped. By way of apology she sent me 4 flexis instead of the single one I ordered. I gave two away to friends who have turntables, but that still leaves one. Anyone here want it?

Here's their bandcamp, which has one of the songs on the flexi: https://kimandthecreated.bandcamp.com/

e: not selling, I'll just mail it out if you want it

pwn posted:

It arrived today!

It will be the first record I play when I finally get my table set up. Thanks!
Alright, so I’m a procrastinator, and it wasn’t the first one I played. But I am quite enjoying it right now

Grungy greasy lo-fi and it really fits the flexi-disc format. Thanks again!

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say

OWLS! posted:

it will be selling for $400 in about 6 months time

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I'm still annoyed that the Scott Pilgrim video game soundtrack by Anamanaguchi never got released outside of RSD and is usually $100.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
I jumped on that Fatbeats Exclusive for the Rev Shines feat. Conway LP called Grimey poo poo. I will absolutely take a picture when I get home because the album art is pretty cool. I listened to it last night and its really good stuff, exactly the kind of beats I like. I didn't realize that Rev was such a huge DJ and that he is largely responsible for Questlove's vinyl collection.

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

Banano posted:

Was looking for something to go to from the Mustafa Özkent album, so thanks for the recommendations! Added both to my Discogs list.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
The Vinyl Thread - Bring a gas mask and your sex toys

pwn
May 27, 2004

MrSargent posted:

I jumped on that Fatbeats Exclusive for the Rev Shines feat. Conway LP called Grimey poo poo. I will absolutely take a picture when I get home because the album art is pretty cool. I listened to it last night and its really good stuff, exactly the kind of beats I like. I didn't realize that Rev was such a huge DJ and that he is largely responsible for Questlove's vinyl collection.
Just looked it up. The art is... uh. I mean it’s cool and all but kind of Bad Idea Jeans too.

Also,

quote:

Limited to 500 copies, with controversial artwork from legendary Los Angeles visual artist ABCNT, this record will not be around for long. This will be exclusive to vinyl, with no digital sales or streaming.

Street Corner Music does it again.
:jerkbag:

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

pwn posted:

Just looked it up. The art is... uh. I mean it’s cool and all but kind of Bad Idea Jeans too.

Also,
:jerkbag:

I didn’t really care about the exclusive or limited pressing, but when Questlove gives a dude a shoutout for his knowledge of music, I knew I had to grab it.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Yeah that’s why I was looking it up and why I am Very Upset that it was limited to 2 copies with no streaming and the master tapes thrown into Kilauea.

Just make a decently-sized run so I could have enjoyed it, jerks. :(

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

pwn posted:

Yeah that’s why I was looking it up and why I am Very Upset that it was limited to 2 copies with no streaming and the master tapes thrown into Kilauea.

Just make a decently-sized run so I could have enjoyed it, jerks. :(

Sent you a PM.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Does anyone here want a copy of Fiona Apple's Tidal? I have one, I don't want it. It's unplayed.

pwn
May 27, 2004

CPL593H posted:

Does anyone here want a copy of Fiona Apple's Tidal? I have one, I don't want it. It's unplayed.
PM sent :o

Elrobot
Dec 28, 2004
Press the buttons all at once, all of the time
found a copy of cannonball adderly quintet live in san fancisco in mono on riverside in VG without a cover for 50 cents

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Elrobot posted:

found a copy of cannonball adderly quintet live in san fancisco in mono on riverside in VG without a cover for 50 cents

I was just thinking about this series of photos a couple days ago. Gold.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?
Pets + records is a good combo.

Had a little time to kill after visiting the luthier, so I went to the nearby record store and got some stuff from my list.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

If we still have 1970s Turkish psych on the brain, allow me to repost another recommendation:

Ballz posted:

Selda Bağcan - Selda
A folk singer that I half-jokingly refer to as Turkey's Rage Against the Machine. Her lyrics are often politically charged and sympathetic to the poor and working class, and she was jailed several times in the 1980s. This is probably her most well-known album, at least in the West. My copy is from British label Finders Keepers, I'm not sure if it ever came out in the States.

Rather than be a traditional folk album, Selda teamed up with several rock musicians and created a psychedelic masterpiece filled with beats that regularly get sampled in hip hop. A few selections:

Ince Ince Bir Kar Yagar
Mehmet Emmi
Yaz Gazeteci Yaz

I found my copy at a record store in Richmond, Virginia, but it might be a bit hard to find in the States outside of discogs. Check those world music sections, it’s definitely worth it.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Finders Keepers did a repress of Selda over the last couple years It’s a bit easier for find now.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Anyone here a VMP subscriber? Their hip-hop releases keep popping up and so far I have been able to resist, but I just saw they are doing a 2xLP for MF Doom's Mmm...Food, one of my favorite albums. Was wondering if people were happy with the service or not?

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

I got the VMP versions of Demon Days and Ready to Die and I like them a lot.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Anyone here a VMP subscriber? Their hip-hop releases keep popping up and so far I have been able to resist, but I just saw they are doing a 2xLP for MF Doom's Mmm...Food, one of my favorite albums. Was wondering if people were happy with the service or not?

Aww poo poo, I've been trying to avoid VMP but I might have to give in for that.

e: my will is weak, at least I heard it's pretty easy to cancel later

Enos Cabell fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 18, 2018

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

CPL593H posted:

Still available, please buy my poo poo! I need money.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

Enos Cabell posted:

Aww poo poo, I've been trying to avoid VMP but I might have to give in for that.

e: my will is weak, at least I heard it's pretty easy to cancel later

I just signed up for a single month and canceled when the albums I wanted shipped. It's really painless.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

MrSargent posted:

I am pretty happy with them. The price is a bit steep but when they get a good exclusive it can be worth it. You can sign up and cancel really easy. Also thier customer service is the best I have ever dealt with.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

sporklift posted:

I am pretty happy with them. The price is a bit steep but when they get a good exclusive it can be worth it. You can sign up and cancel really easy. Also thier customer service is the best I have ever dealt with.

Just signed up, couldn't resist the Mm..Food release and the other ones I have seen are great.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Goddamn it you guys I’m gonna have to subscribe to VMP.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

I’ve been subscribed with VMP for four years now. I like em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Didn’t they get slated for that Doggystyle release recently?