Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

DizzyBum posted:

I know they said 4.3 was coming in late May, but I wasn't expecting patch notes already. It really felt like time flew by.

I mean the patch comes out on Tuesday, so this seems like the right time to do the prelims.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Ouhei posted:

I mean the patch comes out on Tuesday, so this seems like the right time to do the prelims.

Well... yeah. I was just saying this month flew by, like "whoa, it's patch time already?"

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
haha holy poo poo that maleific change, this owns

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Just gonna keep arrowing myself anyways.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Reiterpallasch posted:

haha holy poo poo that maleific change, this owns

I was expecting 2 seconds, 1.5 seems extremely speedy.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

More time to cram in cards is pretty great

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

DizzyBum posted:

Mythic Logs (the current ones that can be traded in for Lost Allagan twine/glaze) were added in 4.1, so yeah, the new mark log should let you get Ryumyaku twine/glaze.

Sweet I never have to go in dumb O7S again or wait 4 weeks to do alliance raids to upgrade my stuff

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Lol at the change to PotD. Now you exchange your aetherpool points in smaller increments!!...long after the weapons you can get from it are basically entirely irrelevant and no one cares anymore.

That buff to Main Scenario roulette rewards is kinda nice, but they really need to buff the experience bonus for me to be willing to bother.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Martman posted:

Lol at the change to PotD. Now you exchange your aetherpool points in smaller increments!!...long after the weapons you can get from it are basically entirely irrelevant and no one cares anymore.

That buff to Main Scenario roulette rewards is kinda nice, but they really need to buff the experience bonus for me to be willing to bother.

Prae already gives over half a level of experience in in the 60s.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Martman posted:

This is more for Heaven-on-High which is going to work the same way as the changed PotD for it's weapon exchange.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Mordiceius posted:

Prae already gives over half a level of experience in in the 60s.
It's like, maybe 50% more than Alliance Roulette despite taking a Literal Hour.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Martman posted:

45 minutes. And you can spend most of that watching YouTube videos.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015
The rewards for the 8-man roulette are pretty disappointing. Will probably run it anyway for a bit for the fun of it but not sure I'll keep it up regularly like I've been doing for the 24-man roulette.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

the roulette consists of fights that are like 5-10 minutes rather than a 30 minute raid. i'd compare it more to trial roulette than anything.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

Martman posted:

Put on a podcast. Watch a stream. Get your switch out (you do have a square enix-approved, and also Jesus Christ-approved, hybrid handheld/home video game console WorldWide Sinsation nintendo switch, right?). Doodle something. Do all or none these things on voice with friends, preferably while getting hammered. Do any of this and it goes by super fast.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Ah, the 'Eureka Defense'

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.
Yeah, as much as I run MSQ Roulette for the godlike exp, the "do literally anything but play the game that is supposed to be fun" defense is more damning than anything else.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Man, tanks are going to be shirking me for using chakra on my best damaging ability outside of tornado kick instead of purification now, aren’t they?

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
I never used Purification outside of regaining TP for more aoe spam before, and I'm not going to change that after this patch.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

The real winners in this patch are 10* aquariums per mansion and /leftwink so you can alternate winking eyes like a weirdo.

* based on that known issues entry, is it possible they're going to blow up a lot of people's furniture if they used some of the more common methods of glitching their things into position?

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 18, 2018

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Ah, the 'Eureka Defense'

No one is forcing anyone to run MSQ roulette. The queues aren't bad either.

It feels like the people complaining about MSQ roulette just want a "level me up now" button that requires zero effort. Even in the current incarnation the XP to time investment is better than pretty much anything else.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I'd rather they make cm and prae not poo poo instead of just upping the bait as a lure for people that don't value their own time.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Failboattootoot posted:

I'd rather they make cm and prae not poo poo instead of just upping the bait as a lure for people that don't value their own time.

Why does it matter to you?

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Sade posted:

Put on a podcast. Watch a stream. Get your switch out (you do have a square enix-approved, and also Jesus Christ-approved, hybrid handheld/home video game console WorldWide Sinsation nintendo switch, right?). Doodle something. Do all or none these things on voice with friends, preferably while getting hammered. Do any of this and it goes by super fast.

Just so you know, "Have you tried just not playing the game if you want to have fun?" is not really a good defense strategy.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

Why does it matter to you?

It would be cool if the final dungeons to the ARR story were fun.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

KoB posted:

They are fun though. Well, Prae is fun. CM sucks, but CM has always sucked.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I don't run them because they are insanely boring. I'm still holding a grudge for the grinding I did in 2.0. It would be nice if they were made to be not boring. It's cool that you think it's fine to have to voltron 4 different sources of entertainment together to enjoy content. But I do not agree. The content should stand on it's own and be fixed if it can't.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Martman posted:

It's just so it has parity with how getting weapons will work with HoH, rather than being two separate systems for no good reason.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Khizan posted:

Just so you know, "Have you tried just not playing the game if you want to have fun?" is not really a good defense strategy.

I too need all of my brainpower to run Main Scenario Roulette.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

KoB posted:

I just did them for the first time, like two days ago, and they were very enjoyable.

Also, on the topic of enjoyable, Machinist looked extremely imposing but after taking it into POTD six or seven times it turns out it's considerably less intimidating than it looks.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I wish everything around it was at least as good as Ultima Round II, spending ~30+ minutes watching party health bars inch down slower than elemental exp bars go up in Eureka isn't really worth that payoff

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Like you guys realize that if they “fixed” the main scenario dungeons in the way people usually suggest (making them single-player instances with NPC party members), there’d be no need for Main Scenario roulette anymore, right? So if you’re the type of person that has S T R O N G O P I N I O N S on MSR, you can just...pretend they did that, and continue to not run it?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Making single-player instances with NPC party members is what gives us new occurrences of Raubahn (Savage) every new goddamn wing of Omega. 'Nuff said, I think.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Cabbit posted:

Also, on the topic of enjoyable, Machinist looked extremely imposing but after taking it into POTD six or seven times it turns out it's considerably less intimidating than it looks.

Potd is a great way to level, but not super great for actually learning a class. MCH as a class is honestly at its worst in that 50-60 bit after getting gauss barrel but before getting cooldown.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Brainamp posted:

Potd is a great way to level, but not super great for actually learning a class. MCH as a class is honestly at its worst in that 50-60 bit after getting gauss barrel but before getting cooldown.

Well, it was good enough that I could get more comfortable with the idea of having to regularly hit ~9-10 different buttons, which was the most intimidating part. I've got some wrist issues and my main in WoW is an arcane mage, a spec notorious for effectively having a three button rotation.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I just saw the Greed Only for the 24man.

Uh... so what is SE's goal in this change again?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MechaX posted:

I just saw the Greed Only for the 24man.

Uh... so what is SE's goal in this change again?

The idea is apparently that they've found that people primarily run raids to gear their second/third classes up and by making it greed only they make it viable to do that without having to use that class specifically. So it's supposed to prevent your tank from Needing every piece of Tank gear that shows up and then selling it for guild seals or something. It's not a great change.

Tenik
Jun 23, 2010

You can get armor for poorly geared jobs without having to play them. I know back in 2.5 I had to tank a ton of WoDs with the bare minimum ilvl to get better gear, and it often got messy.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

They really need to make the Armour of Light craftable because with Greed Only now I am never going to get the whole set without running it a million times.

Not that the loving thing ever dropped for me anytime I did run it as a tank except for the head, and that's the one piece I didn't care about.

Vadoc fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

The idea is apparently that they've found that people primarily run raids to gear their second/third classes up and by making it greed only they make it viable to do that without having to use that class specifically. So it's supposed to prevent your tank from Needing every piece of Tank gear that shows up and then selling it for guild seals or something. It's not a great change.

Tenik posted:

You can get armor for poorly geared jobs without having to play them. I know back in 2.5 I had to tank a ton of WoDs with the bare minimum ilvl to get better gear, and it often got messy.

Yeah and the newest raid is still capped to one piece of loot a week, so the competing for loot should be basically the same as before.