Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I left my passport in Negril and didnt realize it until we got to Montego Bay. Its currently being fast and furiously driven to me by some random courier dude in a Honda and my flight is in less than two hours. :downs:

Will update on what kind of Honda when I find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I hope it's a very specific courier dude. :ohdear:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Rhyno posted:

Yeah a frog and a pig.

your wedding was today???

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I thought it was a horse.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Sirs, this is a Wendy's drivethru.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

iwentdoodie posted:

Sirs, this is a Wendy's drivethru.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evlb8E0ZoNk

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Fuckin made it somehow. Drenched in sweat in my airline seat. More to come flying now byeee.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

Olympic Mathlete posted:

On BBC1 right now: Royal Wedding

On BBC2 right now: Tron Legacy

...I know which I've got cranked up.

I took my kid to a party at 2-5, sorted out his and my dinner, watched abc2 kids programmes on tv, read him stuff and put him to bed, read the forums for a couple of hours and watched binky and mcm, then watched kellys heros which was on at 9.45pm. I've totally avoided the wedding except for poo poo I couldn't escape in the morning news all week.

Like with everything: The only people that care are the ones that can make money off it, and they make it their job to get you to care so they can make money off it...

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 18:03 on May 19, 2018

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Wife and I are going to San Francisco for 3 days next month. Someone recommended checking into a "food tour" - which I don't think I've ever considered before. Basically looks like a small group of people walking around a district for a few hours, dropping in on some local restaurants and trying various dishes. Anyone ever do anything like that before?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Fuckin made it somehow. Drenched in sweat in my airline seat. More to come flying now byeee.

Those are always epic (when you make your flight, that is.)

I had one recently in Heathrow where I was the last one to board and had to ask my seat mate if this was actually the flight to Copenhagen, and another some years back in Munich where the check in counter lady said. "Your seat, sir, is 47B and boarding time IZT NOW!" and then I sprinted.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost
When we went to Italy a few years back my passport arrived by overnight delivery forty five minutes before we had to leave for the airport. I had gotten stuck in that weird time frame where regular passport renewal might take too long but it was too soon to go the expedited route, and then found out that Pennsylvania changed their birth certificate format at some point and my literal original state-issued birth certificate was invalid. Everywhere else in the state this is actually a quick fix, but in Philadelphia County it takes five business days. It was a loving circus.

Great vacation, though. My friend was on a month-long European driving tour for his fortieth birthday -- he shipped his CTS-V wagon over there an did laps on the Nurburgring for a week -- and came down to Rome to meet us.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
Huh. So, some dude just spun his loving car in front of my house, slamming the driver's-side rear into a telephone pole. He peeled off enough speed that the car actually looks okay, all things considered. In the direction he was traveling, I live just after a slight right on the crest of a relatively low-grade hill. It looks like he dragged the passenger-side rear wheel just barely off the road in the rain. When it came back on the road right at the crest, the rear wheels were unloaded while he was making the slight right, and off he went. The first car on the scene was coming the other direction and the girl driving was the daughter of the local chief of police, and had they been there seconds earlier the guy driving would have had a much, much worse day.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Rhyno posted:

Yeah a frog and a pig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAcg3YbfRuE

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

slidebite posted:

Wife and I are going to San Francisco for 3 days next month. Someone recommended checking into a "food tour" - which I don't think I've ever considered before. Basically looks like a small group of people walking around a district for a few hours, dropping in on some local restaurants and trying various dishes. Anyone ever do anything like that before?

I haven't done it in SFO, but I have done it a couple of times in Chicago and Memphis. Both were organized and had a guide to keep us on schedule. It was a ton of fun.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

What kind of Honda was it?

slidebite posted:

That sounds like fun. Do they list what restaurants are on the tour? There's a lot of things to see and do in SF so I think my biggest reservation would be that there are other places to see or go to that aren't on that tour.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
An organized tour of places to eat sounds like the whitest of white poo poo imaginable.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

tetrapyloctomy posted:

Huh. So, some dude just spun his loving car in front of my house, slamming the driver's-side rear into a telephone pole. He peeled off enough speed that the car actually looks okay, all things considered. In the direction he was traveling, I live just after a slight right on the crest of a relatively low-grade hill. It looks like he dragged the passenger-side rear wheel just barely off the road in the rain. When it came back on the road right at the crest, the rear wheels were unloaded while he was making the slight right, and off he went. The first car on the scene was coming the other direction and the girl driving was the daughter of the local chief of police, and had they been there seconds earlier the guy driving would have had a much, much worse day.

You may want to call whoever from the utility company on Monday to inspect it, if they didn't come out today. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes there's a hairline crack and the pole falls on a Saturday night weeks later.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

angryrobots posted:

You may want to call whoever from the utility company on Monday to inspect it, if they didn't come out today. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes there's a hairline crack and the pole falls on a Saturday night weeks later.

That's a good point, hadn't even considered damage to the pole given how little (in the grand scheme of things) damage there was to the car.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

mariooncrack posted:

That sounds like fun. Do they list what restaurants are on the tour? There's a lot of things to see and do in SF so I think my biggest reservation would be that there are other places to see or go to that aren't on that tour.
Looks like there are several companies that do it, not sure if they list specific places.

Goober Peas posted:

I haven't done it in SFO, but I have done it a couple of times in Chicago and Memphis. Both were organized and had a guide to keep us on schedule. It was a ton of fun.
I think if it's a fairly small group it could be fun.

iwentdoodie posted:

An organized tour of places to eat sounds like the whitest of white poo poo imaginable.

Undoubtedly a lot of whiteness, but as someone who knows gently caress all about the area it might be a interesting way to get in a good variance of ethnic restaurants in a short time. On its surface, sounds pretty practical to me. I'll have 2 other days to explore areas so :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Thank you for getting the reference.

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?
Went to mow yesterday and my 4 year old, 140 hour scag mower with a briggs dropped a valve. Right in front of my most aggressive beehive. Went to take it to a shop today since I am working 12 hour days and found my trailer had 2 flats. Pumped them up, one was a cracked valve stem. Spent 30 minutes breaking the bead. Got it fixed, decided to pressure wash the mower before taking it in. Pressure washer tossed a rod (honda GX390). I give up on today because I ran out of swear words.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

What kind of Honda was it?

It was a toyota camry wagon!

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

rdb posted:

Pressure washer tossed a rod (honda GX390). I give up on today because I ran out of swear words.

I believed you up to this point. :colbert:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

rdb posted:

Went to mow yesterday and my 4 year old, 140 hour scag mower with a briggs dropped a valve. Right in front of my most aggressive beehive. Went to take it to a shop today since I am working 12 hour days and found my trailer had 2 flats. Pumped them up, one was a cracked valve stem. Spent 30 minutes breaking the bead. Got it fixed, decided to pressure wash the mower before taking it in. Pressure washer tossed a rod (honda GX390). I give up on today because I ran out of swear words.

Cascading failure days are the worst days.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
ANOTHER
MOTHER
loving
CLICKSPRING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDYnxxUV4Nk

Binky, Deadpool 2, Clickspring. This is the best weekend! now if only USPS would DELIVER MY loving MEDS it would ascend to lifechanging weekend status. "Scheduled for redelivery" but then the package didn't show up AND the mailman took my signed "we missed you" form from the mailbox UGH

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

rdb posted:

Retail therapy is the only fix for this level of bad day.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

slidebite posted:

i cant recommend any of those tours but if you want the beeeest crab sandwich of all time (they have other good stuff too tho) head just north of the golden gate bridge to Sausalito and eat here:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/fish-sausalito

dont question why its so expensive, just eat the crabwich

OBAMNA PHONE fucked around with this message at 22:41 on May 19, 2018

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A local "rapper" just posted this and I am dying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=74&v=iwhxRNhAf_o

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 19, 2018

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

angryrobots posted:

Retail therapy is the only fix for this level of bad day.

Yeah, the mower shop quoted $1250 for a like replacement, I asked if they could quote me on a briggs vanguard 810 and call me back monday. Hoping to get it done for $1500. The pressure washer is getting a predator from harbor freight. I need 4 new trailer tires by next weekend too.

I also discovered the reason the beehive is super aggressive. Its queenless, so there goes another $40. Got a 5 gallon bucket of honey out of it today though.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
I went to the locally owned American Tire franchise to check in about 25 minutes early for an appointment. Upon getting there, the desk guy was rude, interrupted me answering a call and proceeded to tell the caller that a mount/balance was $50 cash if they got there really quick, insinuating it was before the manager would be back from the bank. Then he proceeded to go out to the shop and vulgarly complain in thinly veiled racism to the only tire tech, who also was quite vulgar. He never came back, I waited nearly 20 minutes before giving up and leaving right as my appointment would have started. As I left, the tire tech answered his personal phone while mounting a tire and started cussing up a storm. Note I had my 5 year old daughter with me the whole time.

The manager left me a message saying my tires were ready, should I call back and explain what I experienced? I'll never go back to that store, even the sleaziest tire shops around are more professional than that.

edit: fixed for clarity and run on sentence!

DJ Commie fucked around with this message at 23:57 on May 19, 2018

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

DJ Commie posted:

I went to the locally owned American Tire franchise to check in about 25 minutes early for an appointment. Upon getting there, the desk guy was rude, interrupted me answering a call and proceeded to tell the caller that a mount/balance was $50 cash if they got there really quick, insinuating it was before the manager would be back from the bank. Then he proceeded to go out to the shop and vulgarly complain in thinly veiled racism to the only tire tech, who also was quite vulgar. He never came back, I waited nearly 20 minutes before giving up and leaving right as my appointment would have started. As I left, the tire tech answered his personal phone while mounting a tire and started cussing up a storm. Note I had my 5 year old daughter with me the whole time.

The manager left me a message saying my tires were ready, should I call back and explain what I experienced? I'll never go back to that store, even the sleaziest tire shops around are more professional than that.

edit: fixed for clarity and run on sentence!

Yes.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

DJ Commie posted:

The manager left me a message saying my tires were ready, should I call back and explain what I experienced?
TBH you should probably have said something at the time about the swearing, if it got to you. People in a mechanic/industrial environment just get used to using "oval office" as punctuation and don't catch it when they're not meant to or don't realise kids are around.

The service stuff is definitely something to discuss with the manager as to why you're not coming in for your tyres.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
Seems that the rude desk guy was the manager, so Yelp review they got!

spog
Aug 7, 2004

Time to call corporate.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

In the last 2 days I have watched :

Project Binky
For a few dollars more
The Martian
Bladerunner 2049
The royal wedding

It has been a good couple of days

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Goober Peas posted:

Where did they take you in Memphis?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Cars sucks. I hate car. Car is the worst.

Bit by the random intermittent mazda electrical bug. Went ham cleaning every suspicious wire and checking relays with an ohm meter and a lawn and garden battery off the shelf. gently caress cars.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

QuarkMartial posted:

Where did they take you in Memphis?

I've done this one:

https://sprocknrollmemphis.com/routes/progressive-dinner-tour-downtown/

Also did a walking tour (weblink is dead now) that started at South of Beale for apps/happy hour, Felicia Suzanne for Entrees pt 1, Majestic Grille for Entrees pt 2, Itta Bena for dessert. It was $120/head for a curated menu at each stop. Definitely worth it for a fun and quick way to try out several places at once.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
A few months back there was this Toyota Blizzard I was supposed to bid on but something with the software messed up and my bid didn't go through (turns out my bid would have won as well, dang). I found it on a YouTube channel I follow (Pacific Coast Auto) and was a bit sad because it looked great. Just a wee-bit later I found it on Instagram when I was posting about my Rugger (Rugger = Blizzard) and talked to the guy, told him the story, we laughed and talked about JDM trucks and things.
About two months ago an auction came up for a 1985 Toyota Hilux Surf. The thing about this auction though was it was being sold by Isuzu and the auction sheet made the truck look like it was in rough shape. It was also labeled as 'Toyota Other' which cut down a ton on anyone even seeing the thing. Since my cool importer guys do third party inspections though and the pictures really got my goat I sent one out. Inspector gets out there, say "Dang dude this poo poo is MINT" so I bid, and win.
Today I took delivery of it and the inspector guy wasn't lying, thing is in excellent shape. No rust or rot, minimal cosmetic issues and has 100% on maintenance.
The sheet said the AC didn't work, and while its true it is weak the compressor kicks on just fine. AC works. Said it was an RB auction grade when it really should be a 3.5 if not 4.

I post about it on Instagram (and across these forums :v: ) because I'm hella smitten with it and the guy that won the Blizzard messaged me. Turns out he was interested in the auction as well but because the sheet said it was worse than it actually was he backed out. Pacific Coast Auto (the people he used) only go by the sheets, where as Japan Car Direct (the people I use) also will send out third party inspectors to really give whatever vehicle a once over. Since I had eyes on it I knew better, bid, and won. I scored it for way less $$$ than I should have.

The point is, then, than I'd rather have a Hilux Surf than a Blizzard.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 01:51 on May 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
The missus graduated last weekend and she started her new marketing/design job this past week. It sucks not having her at work with me anymore, but I haven't seen her this happy in a long time, it's even gotten her painting again
I finally got my tax refund and decided to put almost all of it into a payment schedule towards becoming debt free. I may not be able to get into any nursing schools and I'm not getting called for any job interviews, but I've enrolled back into community college, I'm trying to get my CNA renewed, and I'm going get my credit score up. I'm not going to be able to provide for her like I did while she was a full time student, but gently caress being dead weight

Anyways, I was too sick for Dark Lord Day and I'm still feeling like death, so I'm going to drink robitussin and play video games all night :sterv:

• Locked thread