Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Macaluso posted:

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/998594861220745218
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/998596879184289793

Everything that gets leaked (if it's legit) about the Switch Pokemon makes me less and less excited

Welp, hammering that cancel preorder button pretty hard right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Fancy Hat! posted:

How do you even unlock it? I picked up fairies on a couple Adventure Map levels? I don't know what's up there.

EDIT: Agh, poo poo, I didn't look 10 posts up, my bad. Those must have been like... situational in mission fairies?

There are two kinds of fairies, and yes it's dumb. There are in-level fairies that give you protection against elemental fortresses, and there are pet fairies that you play dress up with.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Gentlemen the E3 leaks are real. A portable Nintendo CONSOLE is coming.

Yes that's right.

A CONSOLE THAT IS PORTABLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufN1uNhbjFA

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Cartoon Man posted:

Just take the loving breath of the wild engine and make a new Pokemon open world RPG like The Witcher 3 or something.

I feel like this is what everyone wants out of a console Pokemon. I want to run around and climb poo poo and fish and run into Pokemon and random rear end NPC's and catch monsters and go through 10 enormously massive gym battles.

I really don't want anything resembling Pokemon GO! I would be sad if that's the general direction they are taking for this game.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Se, here's the thing. Yall don't actually want the original 151. Even if you add the new evolutions and pre-evolutions for the 151, it's still pretty dull. What you really want is a game that replicates the original game's feeling.

You see, most of the mainline pokemon games had a small helping of 60-70 new monsters, and about 100 others mixed together from past games. You kept playng the same monsters again and again. The only exception to this would be black and white. Now while the game had issues, BW was the closest thing I've played to having the same sense of adventure or whatever that the original RBY gave me. Making new dudes makes the game/show fresh. They don't need to can everything past the first game, they need to shelve everything including the first game! Until post-game of course.

Also ignore that feeling you get where everything past the original 151 are just junk filler cause the devs ran out-of ideas. Look back at RBY. They weren't clever either. Living pokeball, magnets on a metal ball, small pink fluffy dude, rounder small pink fluffy dude, red dog, blue dog, yellow dog, rock with arms, literal dude with 4 arms. Jinx.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Emron posted:

HW question: is the Linkle mission at hyrule castle with Impa the last Legends mode mission?

There's the main story, the five Linkle scenarios, the five Cia scenarios, and the Wind Waker epilogue that unlocks when the main story, Linkle, and Cia scenarios are all cleared.

As an aside, behold the might of Ganondorf's power, and despair:

https://twitter.com/Folt99/status/998634040709103616

(Things not shown: It was a 5* Lv. 2 weapon used for the mission, and Ganondorf was in the early 80s because Lorule gives exp and rupees like candy.)

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sprite141 posted:

Se, here's the thing. Yall don't actually want the original 151. Even if you add the new evolutions and pre-evolutions for the 151, it's still pretty dull. What you really want is a game that replicates the original game's feeling.

You see, most of the mainline pokemon games had a small helping of 60-70 new monsters, and about 100 others mixed together from past games. You kept playng the same monsters again and again. The only exception to this would be black and white. Now while the game had issues, BW was the closest thing I've played to having the same sense of adventure or whatever that the original RBY gave me. Making new dudes makes the game/show fresh. They don't need to can everything past the first game, they need to shelve everything including the first game! Until post-game of course.

You're not wrong about this, and now that I think about it I really enjoyed this part of Pokemon Black. Conversely, X/Y fell a little flat for me, and I haven't even played Sun yet (it's literally on a shelf three feet away from me, I'll get to it eventually).

Sprite141 posted:

Also ignore that feeling you get where everything past the original 151 are just junk filler cause the devs ran out-of ideas. Look back at RBY. They weren't clever either. Living pokeball, magnets on a metal ball, small pink fluffy dude, rounder small pink fluffy dude, red dog, blue dog, yellow dog, rock with arms, literal dude with 4 arms. Jinx.

Oh my argument isn't that the new Pokemon designs are junk, I actually think Trubbish is cute and a goofy mon. My issue is that there's a lot of Pokemon between gens that are visually different but fill very similar (or the exact same) roles as existing Pokemon, to the point where it feels like they're just adding monsters to increase the total. I really like the idea of the Aloha pokemon (yes, even though I haven't played the game they're from) and wish they had thought of it sooner.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Healbot posted:

Welp, hammering that cancel preorder button pretty hard right now.

How’d you preorder a game that hasn’t even been officially announced?

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Sprite141 posted:

rock with arms

Ummmm are you talking poo poo about geodude?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sprite141 posted:

gently caress you Geodude owns

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

SeANMcBAY posted:

It was announced last year at E3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2mZS_p4A7Y&t=562s

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Saying "we're making something" is a far cry from formally announcing it with a title. That'd be like if I went out and preordered Resident Evil Remake 2. They've said they're doing it, but beyond that there's been absolutely nothing shown or spoken of.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Bought Rabbids for half-off

Will play eventually

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Sprite141 posted:

Also ignore that feeling you get where everything past the original 151 are just junk filler cause the devs ran out-of ideas.

I'm not sure why you assume this is why people like the original set best. I'm not doubting the creativity of the others. It's 100% about nostalgia. I grew up during the height of the original pokemon craze, and the original season of the cartoon is as equally "pokemon" as R/B/Y. I watched it as I played. It introduced me to the 151 as I was catching them. The pokerap helped me learn them all. Then they dumped a bunch of new ones on me, and I just didn't care enough to learn about them. My younger brother did.

I understand that wanting to focus on the originals is selfish. I'm not saying that they should cater to the crowd of people like me. I hope they keep introducing new generations of kids to the series and they get a sense of "this is all made for me". That said, if pokemon go has taught them that there are different kinds of pokemon fans (people like the first generation vs people that like the whole package) then I think it's smart of them to capitalize on both groups.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

man nurse posted:

Saying "we're making something" is a far cry from formally announcing it with a title. That'd be like if I went out and preordered Resident Evil Remake 2. They've said they're doing it, but beyond that there's been absolutely nothing shown or spoken of.

What century are you living in?

Game stores will take your loving money for ANYTHING resembling a game announce and let you 'preorder' it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Folt The Bolt posted:

There's the main story, the five Linkle scenarios, the five Cia scenarios, and the Wind Waker epilogue that unlocks when the main story, Linkle, and Cia scenarios are all cleared.

As an aside, behold the might of Ganondorf's power, and despair:

https://twitter.com/Folt99/status/998634040709103616

(Things not shown: It was a 5* Lv. 2 weapon used for the mission, and Ganondorf was in the early 80s because Lorule gives exp and rupees like candy.)

I've not really played much of the new content that came out on the 3DS. Last i played there were only really one or 2 efficient grind spots for exp/rupees on the master map or on one of the bonus maps.

Has this all changed? Also, with that Beast Ganon mode is farming the hero/boss materials required a poo poo ton easier and quicker now too?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Holy crap, I just completed 5-K on Tropical Freeze. I'm sorry I even suggested 2-K might be the hardest the game has to offer

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Kin posted:

I've not really played much of the new content that came out on the 3DS. Last i played there were only really one or 2 efficient grind spots for exp/rupees on the master map or on one of the bonus maps.

Has this all changed? Also, with that Beast Ganon mode is farming the hero/boss materials required a poo poo ton easier and quicker now too?

There's a map in Lorule where you can grind upwards of 10000+ KOs in around 20 minutes (its the mission right below Ravio's Lv. 2 weapon mission). Said mission spawns 3 Summoners who will summon mooks for quite a while as you complete the first mission. If you have the Rupee effect added to the Ravio board (use a Bomb item), you can get upwards of 60000-80000 rupees per go battling the summoned mooks, or upwards of 90000-100000 rupees and more per go if you have the Rupee+ skill on your weapon, as well as 100+ Rock materials to use for any Apothecary items requiring bronze materials. On top of that, it's pretty doable with a Lv. 30 character and with the EXP+ skill, you can also get a decent amount of levels for a low-level character as you farm the other stuff.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oh yeah. I forgot they did that.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

SeANMcBAY posted:

Capitalism will take your money for the thought of an idea.

https://m.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/pokemon-switch/10739700

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I'm knee deep in Pokemon Go so Switch integration relative to them working together sounds great to me, assuming that everything I've done in Go can be migrated in the Switch version somehow.

I also like the idea of a controlled rollout of generations like in Go. Having immediate access to 700+ pokemon sounds overwhelming and staggering releases, assuming they're not too far spaced apart. I also haven't played a mainstream game of Pokemon since Diamond/Pearl so easing into generations like Go has done is fine by me.

Louisgod fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 21, 2018

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

If the Go integration thing is indeed true, I'm guessing a Switch Animal Crossing will also integrate with the mobile game in some minor ways.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Folt The Bolt posted:

There's a map in Lorule where you can grind upwards of 10000+ KOs in around 20 minutes (its the mission right below Ravio's Lv. 2 weapon mission). Said mission spawns 3 Summoners who will summon mooks for quite a while as you complete the first mission. If you have the Rupee effect added to the Ravio board (use a Bomb item), you can get upwards of 60000-80000 rupees per go battling the summoned mooks, or upwards of 90000-100000 rupees and more per go if you have the Rupee+ skill on your weapon, as well as 100+ Rock materials to use for any Apothecary items requiring bronze materials. On top of that, it's pretty doable with a Lv. 30 character and with the EXP+ skill, you can also get a decent amount of levels for a low-level character as you farm the other stuff.

It took them 3 tries to make the grind actually manageable. Praise be.

Man, I do wish I could transfer my Legends save over...

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Hear me out. Pokemon Musou. PokeMusou.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Takoluka posted:

Man, I do wish I could transfer my Legends save over...

If that was a feature I would buy definitive edition right now, but I really don't want to start over again.

Serenade
Nov 5, 2011

"I should really learn to fucking read"
Is there any word on if Street Fighter Collection for the switch is totally hosed?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Emron posted:

What would the armies be? Zubat? Ratatta?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Serenade posted:

Is there any word on if Street Fighter Collection for the switch is totally hosed?

Doesn't seem to be, but the other versions come with a free download of one of the Street fighter games not in the collection. That doesn't have a switch version so it doesn't come with anything

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Serenade posted:

No. I don’t see how it could be considering it’s a bunch of old games.

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

Doesn't seem to be, but the other versions come with a free download of one of the Street fighter games not in the collection. That doesn't have a switch version so it doesn't come with anything

The Switch version has an exclusive tournament mode but yeah, Ultra 4 would have been a better bonus.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Emron posted:

They tried doing that before and it ended up becoming Pokemon Conquest.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Gonna take a gamble and buy Spla2n blind, since I'm still thinking about it since last night

Here's hopin'

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Ciaphas posted:

Gonna take a gamble and buy Spla2n blind, since I'm still thinking about it since last night

Here's hopin'

hopin' what

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Honestly 151 is too many Pokemon.

The new Pokemon games should have four Pokemon. Pikachu, Eevee, Farfetch’d, and Farfetch’d again.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ciaphas posted:

Here's hopin'

You can’t go wrong unless you don’t like multiplayer shooters. Try and learn the gyro aiming for maximum enjoyment.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I might try playing Splatoon some more soon, now that I'm officially done with XB2 and starting world 6 on DK I'm gonna need something else until Cross Tag comes out in a couple weeks

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Mega64 posted:

Honestly 151 is too many Pokemon.

The new Pokemon games should have four Pokemon. Pikachu, Eevee, Farfetch’d, and Farfetch’d again.

Snorlax is the secret fifth Pokemon only available at special events but you never get the pokeflute so he just sleeps forever

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The Bloop posted:

hopin' what

that I enjoy it :v: I remember playing the first game briefly but I have absolutely no memory of whether I liked it or not

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh, I keep forgetting to post this: thanks to that goon over the weekend who told me double-tapping Home is the secret to getting the Switch to turn on reliably from the pro controller (or remote joycons). Works every single time.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Newbie HW player here. Can someone outline how I should be tackling this? It's so large.

Adventure first? Legend first? Something else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Legend first, alllll the way through at least until you unlock the Hammer. You might be able to do some early Adventure stuff for unlocks if you want—the first Koholint square unlocks a character, for example—but Legend has all the irritating-but-sometimes-necessary items.

• Locked thread