Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Man they took color rush away!

That's half the reason I watched TNF...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

A Man and his dog posted:

Man they took color rush away!

That's half the reason I watched TNF...

:chloe:

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

My decision to stay away from off-season NFL bullshit was reaping big time rewards and then I got sucked in today

loving kill me now so I can drag all the racist oval office fans and owners down with me

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Spoeank posted:

BRB BUYING THE gently caress OUTTA A JIMMY G THROWBACK WHITE

https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/999502748126072833?s=19

Eeew.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

SKULL.GIF posted:

white jerseys are boring as poo poo

the only good white jersey in the league is the cowboys' white with blue shoulders

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
We're gonna see another strike soon....

Also is this not a violation of the 1st Amendment (I'm not American so I actually don't know).

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
It'd be a violation of the first amendment if they were arrested or prosecuted for not standing for the anthem

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

CyberPingu posted:

We're gonna see another strike soon....

Also is this not a violation of the 1st Amendment (I'm not American so I actually don't know).

I am not a lawyer but I don't believe so. It's just that most businesses don't have insane policies about the national anthem built into their contracts. If I worked at a company that played the national anthem every morning, that'd be really weird but fine, whatever, let me do my job while it plays. If I was forced to stand every morning and put my hand over my heart or whatever, otherwise I'd get disciplined or lose my job, that's p. hosed up.

...though in elementary school we had to stand and recite the pledge of allegiance every day so that explains a lot about why we are where we are right now, I guess.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Cavauro posted:

I believe that's how it will work for everyone

Teams are allowed to dictate punishment for players for violating the policy even if the teams have to pay the fine. Johnson is the only owner that has came out and said “idgaf, kneel, stand, sit, i got your back regardless”

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Incorrect

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

GobiasIndustries posted:

I am not a lawyer but I don't believe so. It's just that most businesses don't have insane policies about the national anthem built into their contracts. If I worked at a company that played the national anthem every morning, that'd be really weird but fine, whatever, let me do my job while it plays. If I was forced to stand every morning and put my hand over my heart or whatever, otherwise I'd get disciplined or lose my job, that's p. hosed up.

...though in elementary school we had to stand and recite the pledge of allegiance every day so that explains a lot about why we are where we are right now, I guess.

So there is this franchise called Mission BBQ in NE Ohio, it's covered in patches unit insignia and all sorts of veteran pictures. Ok cool whatever, the food is decent but they do this one super annoying thing. At noon every day an announcement is played asking everyone to stand for the loving national anthem and then they play it. It is the most loving agitating thing I've ever experienced somewhere where I'm just trying to grab a bite to eat.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Eh it's not that bad. The light isn't great but there's some cool red stripes on the shoulder. A couple more highlights like that, maybe on the legs or something and it'd be pretty decent

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvxtpxT_BUY

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Cavauro posted:

Incorrect

How am i reading what he said wrong? Other people like stephen jones have came out only to say stuff like glad everyone is forced to stand. I read a statement from him earlier that said he stands by whatever his players choose to do whether that’s kneel, stand, or sit. I may have read something wrong.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I was talking to someone else. sorry for the mix-up. I admit fault for it

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Flikken posted:

So there is this franchise called Mission BBQ in NE Ohio, it's covered in patches unit insignia and all sorts of veteran pictures. Ok cool whatever, the food is decent but they do this one super annoying thing. At noon every day an announcement is played asking everyone to stand for the loving national anthem and then they play it. It is the most loving agitating thing I've ever experienced somewhere where I'm just trying to grab a bite to eat.

Add an obese person with a mobility scooter, AR-15 and a MAGA hat and that’s pretty much how Europeans imagine the US to be.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Flikken posted:

The greatest part is if this joint was on a military base there'd be a mad rush for either the bathrooms or the doors at noon because nobody wants to have to stand in place for that poo poo.

Like, Jesus Christ, they don't even do poo poo like that at McP's.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Flikken posted:

Thats hosed up, especially because i wouldnt trust the chefs to not gently caress with my food if i didnt stand up.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Flikken posted:

That place is chud central. We have one in my area, but fortunately there are plenty of better BBQ places also.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

SKULL.GIF posted:

white jerseys are boring as poo poo

the only good white jersey in the league is the cowboys' white with blue shoulders

Agreed and they cant even wear those anymore because of the stupud rule against changing helmets

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Really ?!?!

I hate the Cowboys, but I def liked those jerseys.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/profootballtalk/status/999596407341404160?s=21

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

alternatively: gently caress the anthem

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Looking forward to every team taking a 15 yard penalty for kneeling during meaningless preseason games.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Said the man who sold his country to Russia

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
It's amazing to me how spectacularly poorly the NFL has handled this whole thing.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Kinda dumb pandering solution: players should kneel until the support for service month. Then stand, show the idiots that it has nothing to do with 'are troops'

Or just kneel all the time.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

CyberPingu posted:

Said the man who sold his country to Russia

Lmao gently caress you big fat baby bitch

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Kaepernick should have stayed seated, literally no compromise is good enough for these ghouls

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Cavauro posted:

I was talking to someone else. sorry for the mix-up. I admit fault for it

Gotcha. I hate when that happens. I'll be typing up a response to someone, but didn't quote them. By the time I've posted 2-3 other posts come in and mine seems out of place.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

CyberPingu posted:

Kinda dumb pandering solution: players should kneel until the support for service month. Then stand, show the idiots that it has nothing to do with 'are troops'

Or just kneel all the time.

The right-wing redefining what people are protesting for as something that has absolutely nothing to do with what they are protesting is a tradition that goes back decades. It's not an honest mistake.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I hope a whole team just stays in the Locker Room.

Then comes running out to like Welcome to The Jungle

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

Gotcha. I hate when that happens. I'll be typing up a response to someone, but didn't quote them. By the time I've posted 2-3 other posts come in and mine seems out of place.

even worse, I posted in the wrong thread and felt really embarrassed to bring that up. But now I have done it because i want to be able to talk to god tonight without feeling bad about myself. I was unable to get any sleep and will have to be awake for at least two days now because Of what i did. That's life

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Cavauro posted:

even worse, I posted in the wrong thread and felt really embarrassed to bring that up. But now I have done it because i want to be able to talk to god tonight without feeling bad about myself. I was unable to get any sleep and will have to be awake for at least two days now because Of what i did. That's life

Such a heavy burden that we posters share.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Then comes running out to This Is America.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I hope the first player to kneel or sit for the anthem does so on the grounds of bone spurs

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Epic High Five posted:

I hope the first player to kneel or sit for the anthem does so on the grounds of bone spurs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Then comes running out to like Welcome to The Jungle

This would be badass if the riff starts as soon as "home of the brave" ends

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Spoeank posted:

This would be badass if the riff starts as soon as "home of the brave" ends

Annnd the hoomeee of the...

*****Glass shatters****

:bahgawd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Deport all football players :twisted:

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/999625104140226562

• Locked thread