Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Bananaquiter posted:

Lol if you wouldn't ship that kid off to a workhouse.

Chain 'em outside in the yard if they wanna act like an animal

girl pants posted:

Her dad is in prison right

"Hey sweetie, I went to the corner store where your dad said he was going for cigs, I totally asked his blessing and he's cool with us getting hitched"

BOOTY-ADE fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Mods please change my name to “recalcitrant pussy squatter”

Actually with the baby av that’s not half bad

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

Theophany posted:

sow the wind and you shall reap the whirlwind.'

actually i think she got taint reaped by her boyfriend's cold sore

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

LadyPictureShow posted:

I was watching TCM and they were running a lot of old b&w etiquette videos from like, the 40s or 50s.

If you went on a first date with a girl, no matter how well it went, if you go in for anything more than a respectful handshake at the end of the night you were a goddamn monster.

They should definitely have ed about abuse or being controlling, though that could be a slippery slope between a child realizing a family member is abusive for screaming at them for an hour and refusing to feed them dinner because they spilled a glass of juice vs ‘my parents won’t let me use my phone at the table. That’s abuse!’

What did it say about truck farming dates with your family than involve Mr. B Natural?

Hello Ketene
Dec 30, 2011
Fired for being pregnant

quote:

My boss decided to let me go because of my pregnancy and now since I’ve mention a lawyer he decided to let me come back . Should I go back

West Palm beach fl

op, in the comments posted:

I took 3 days off because of my pregnancy which he agreed was okay now the he sent me this > Hey Zakevia, I decided to make a change for Oasis. Though im happy for you that you are pregnant im obligated to make the best decision for the job site. Starting tomorrow someone else will be working at Oasis. I want you to take this time to prepare for your baby and have your baby. If you want to continue working after the baby there will be opportunities, thank you.

And I replied I’m not understanding sorry . I spoke with you Friday saying I’ll be ready to work Monday & everything was fine. Now I’m basically being let go because I’m pregnant. And I already expressed that I didn’t wanna be fired for it . I’m lost for words because Friday you ensured me everything was taking care of and that you wouldn’t sit back and let them fire me because other then me being pregnant I do a great job

And his second response Good morning, everything was fine but after talking with everyone in the office it’s the decision that makes the most sense for the both of us. It’s a hard one because you were doing a great job but at some point Zakevia you have to stop working and sit down for your baby and that’s fine we had that happen before and people come back after they give birth but some don’t. When they don’t come back I understand because the baby comes first and you never know what the situation is. No one can guarantee that you’ll be able to come back. If they dont come back it puts us in a bad spot because we are telling the clients that the person will be back and we dont hire anyone else. I stand by what I said you’re not bein let go. If you still want to work after you had the baby you can but I think you should take this time to focus on the baby.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
An employment lawyer just started howling

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Esoteric Scientist posted:

Fired for being pregnant

Ya got the manager admitting in written communication to violating the woman's civil rights. Talk to the attorney, shut the gently caress up, and let the attorney handle everything.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

My mom got like 9 grand for the same thing in 1982 when pregnant with me. A major life insurance company too.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Nearly six years later, I [28/F] still haven't gotten over a guy [34/M] I liked. He's married now, and I don't know what to do.

quote:

Hi everyone,

A bit of a silly story, but I need some words of wisdom regardless. Six years ago, I was given a job as a research assistant in my field of study. There was a guy there, a research fellow, who at first I didn't really notice, but a few months after I'd begun working there, we got chatting, and we really hit it off! Our boss was at a conference that week, and we ended up just talking for about four hours until the office was closed up.

He was then taking some time off, because he was also a lecturer, and was marking exam papers. During that time we emailed each other every day. Christmas was approaching, and when he was back in the office, we were talking pretty much all day, and giving each other "looks". There was a lot of flirting.

Now, I was nervous, because I have a lot of health problems, and most of them are invisible, but I do have a hand tremor, which I had managed to hide from him up until this point. It was something I was extremely ashamed of, but I am getting more comfortable with it as I age, and I am having brain surgery this Christmas to fix it.

At our Christmas lunch, we were pretty much staring at each other non-stop over the dinner table, and then my hand shook a little. His face completely changed, and he looked really worried! He asked me if I was okay in private, so I made up some nonsense about being upset about some family drama.

Regardless, he invited me to a Christmas party to meet his friends a few days later. His vibe had changed a little though - not as flirty, more concerned. I had a good time at the party, but because alcohol mostly masks my tremor, I got drunk. A stupid mistake.

He looked after me, and we sat on the couch eyeing each other off until 1 or 2am, and he said he wanted to "jump" me, but he didn't. I was more promiscuous than I usually am. In reality, I have only slept with one guy in my life. I then made the mistake of driving home. He kissed me as I got into my car, and said that "we can do things properly now". Just for the record, I rarely drink, and I have only been drunk twice in my life.

He never called to ask me out, but he did call to see if I was okay. For some bizarre reason, I didn't think to explain my unacceptable behaviour at the party. I think I was overwhelmed by my feelings. He'd originally said that we'd spend NYE together, but he never followed through, even when I asked.

I left my sunglasses at his house, so I visited in the new year, but things were completely different. Unfortunately I had alcohol with me, because I'd been celebrating my cousin's engagement. I pushed him a bit and he said things like "I can't fall in love with you", "I can't give you the white picket fence and three kids", etc. It broke my heart. I really liked him. He could see how hurt I was, so he offered to have me over for dinner once I got back from a family holiday, or go and see a movie. I originally agreed, but then I cancelled via text, and said that I wanted him to make the decision to go out with me, and not be forced into it. He thought that was fair enough.

We hashed it out over a couple of days via text message, and he said he did originally have feelings for me, but he misread the situation and jumped into things too quickly. He said he didn't care for me romantically and had no feelings for me. He offered to write me a list of all the reasons he couldn't date me. I declined. He mentioned the age gap, and the fact that we worked together, but I don't think that had anything to do with it. I think it was the drink driving, and I completely understand.

Of course we saw each other back at work after I got back from holidays. It was very awkward, and he looked at me wide-eyed, like I was crazy.

Anyway, my contract ended, and that was that. I haven't seen him since. I haven't thought of him in a while, but I dreamt of him the other night. We have so much in common, and I can't help but feel as though I lost the love of my life. He has the wrong idea about who I am - I'm not a drinker, I'm not reckless; I'm actually quiet and reserved. I know he got the wrong idea because he said on the phone "you're a bit of a party girl, aren't you?" I'm not - at all. I understand why he thought that though.

He is now married, to a librarian, who from what I've seen on Facebook, is a very similar personality to me. I don't know what to do - I want him back in my life, but I don't want to seem like a home-wrecker either.

I'm currently doing a PhD in psychology and he manages a statistical consulting business, so it wouldn't be too far-fetched for me to email him and ask if he'd mind consulting me. I will need some help with the statistics a bit later on. I think I'd wait until after my brain surgery.

My feelings are still so strong after all this time and I figure that it has to mean something. What do you think I should do? Do you think I've interpreted the situation correctly?

Thanks in advance!

TL;DR Liked a guy at work six years ago. After flirting with me for weeks, he rejected me, because of my poor behaviour. He's married now, but I can't stop thinking about him. What should I do?

SIX loving YEARS

lol at the dude offering her an itemized list of reasons he won't date her :hellyeah:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Six years? heh

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
how wasted did she get at the party? and then she drove home drunk?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

quote:

I'm currently doing a PhD in psychology and he manages a statistical consulting business, so it wouldn't be too far-fetched for me to email him and ask if he'd mind consulting me. I will need some help with the statistics a bit later on. I think I'd wait until after my brain surgery.

:eyepop:

literal broken brain

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
Why would you turn down someone's offer to write a list of all the reasons they couldn't date you?

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Oh dear

Got a positive pregnancy test result today but how do I tell my parents?

quote:

My (F26) bf (M36) and I have been seeing each other for 2 years however we don’t live together and his Christian and I’m Muslim.

Today I found out that I might be pregnant as I did a home pregnancy test. I know that my parents will not take this well as they don’t really approve of our relationship bc of our religion (esp my mother).

I know my family will not take the news well when we do tell them. He doesn’t really have a close relationship with my parents. I have asked him to be with me when I do tell my parents but he said I need to be the one to tell them.

I just feel like since we both might be parents that we should break the news to our families together, also I’m scared of their reaction and would feel more comfortable if he was with me. Am I asking too much from him by wanting him by my side when I tell my family?

I am beyond stressed, worried and concerned at this point. Advice would be appreciated.

TLDR: I might be pregnant and want my bf to be by my side when I break the news to my family. Am I asking too much since he doesn’t have a close relationship with my parents?

Welcome to your new happy life together

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

dudeness posted:

Why would you turn down someone's offer to write a list of all the reasons they couldn't date you?

because you already know the answer: your broken personality destroyed any chemistry between you two

i find it funny how the poster wants advice on whether they could pay the dude to hook up with them

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

This is officially the first time I've seen skinship used in a relationships post

I (30/m) think my wife (29/f) is overly flirty/touchy when guests come over, even more so when alcohol is involved

quote:

We've been married for 5 years now and my wife has always been the very energetic, friendly, social and sometimes may give others the wrong idea type of girl. While I don't think it's her fault, when we were in college, guys would think they were lead on because of how well my wife carries her convos and enjoys innocent skinship.

She was sort of unaware of being overtly touchy, this isn't just amongst guys but girls as well, anyone she meets she's usually extremely energetic with and this is not her fault but people have told me it lead them to believe that she is flirting or is into them. When we were dating, I've even heard stuff from guys who thought she was single based on how she acted and had asked her out/tried to get with her only to find out she has a boyfriend.

Before we got married, we had a long conversation about this and she promised she won't act like this once we are husband and wife. But that only lasted about a year before she returned to her social butterfly self. I would never tell my wife what she should be doing or try to be controlling at all, so I never demanded her to stop, only minor complaints that I think she took as just whatever talk. It came to a point where even I was used to it and thought her flirtiness/skinship was basically normal.

When I say she's very touchy and flirty, I mean when we are in a social situation and she is talking to a guy, it's difficult to explain but her tone and way of talking is different. She likes to grab the other party's forearms a lot and doesn't mind skinship. Othertimes, when sitting down, she would rub the other party's thighs as a way to comfort or show sympathy for a story. Whenever someone who goes to the gym comes over, she always and I mean always ask to touch their abs or biceps. The thing is most of the guys she does this to doesn't stop her and almost seemed to encourage this kind of skinship, with the occasion whisper of hey, OP sorry about this in a joking sort of way.

When alcohol is involved, she becomes even more touchy and flirty, like letting other people touch her legs and thighs. One time this acquintance of ours, not anymore was clearly overstepping it with the skinship like kissing her shoulder, putting his arms around her butt, and she did not resist at all until I saw him doing it. She gets really touchy when drunk that it sort of became an inside joke between some of my male friends.

I've basically gotten used to this for the past 4 to 5 years in our marriage since anytime I mention it, she brushes it off and says it's just her way of communication. I never really press on it either because it only happens when we are with others and I know she is just that type of girl.

It wasn't until yesterday that I really felt like something needed to change. Some of my friends were over to watch the NBA playoffs and during the game, my wife came home from a party. She wasn't drunk or anything but was tipsy and immediately started flirting with my friends (in her words her way of greeting them), she didn't even change and it got me worried because she was wearing a very revealing dress. She sat with me at first, but then went to sit with another guy and they started flirting/getting touchy with eachother. At one point it became nothing but the guys complimenting her dress while she sat on his lap. I couldn't concentrate on the game at all. After they left I finally decided to press the issue with her about her way of communicating. She's surprised because I never said anything about it before and we got into a little argument about how I'm now trying to restrict her personality which is how she's always been and her way of socializing. I don't want to make it seem like I'm controlling or demanding. But we went to bed with bad moods. Today I'm writing this and asking what should I do and if she's at fault or I'm at fault for this...

TL;DR - Wife has always been very touchy/flirty in her way of socializing, it's been like this for the last 5+ years, and I don't know what to do

posted for skinship and for "they promised it would change after marriage, but it didn't"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Oh dear

Got a positive pregnancy test result today but how do I tell my parents?

Welcome to your new happy life together

time for that good old time-honored fundie tradition: the secret abortion

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Esoteric Scientist posted:

Fired for being pregnant

Somewhere, a lawyer begins cumming uncontrollably

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ham Sandwiches posted:

This is officially the first time I've seen skinship used in a relationships post

I (30/m) think my wife (29/f) is overly flirty/touchy when guests come over, even more so when alcohol is involved

posted for skinship and for "they promised it would change after marriage, but it didn't"

Dude is so naive hes trying to close the barn door after the horse is gone and doesnt realize he never owned a barn

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Ok this is maybe too many in a row but I don't understand why this lady is with this dude, I'm not seeing any upside, and the whole "I'm confused, what should I do" tone is hard to reconcile with the content

I (26F) am seeing someone (38M) who has a weird relationship with his mom. Not sure if this is actually normal or if I should take this is a big red flag

quote:

Couple of weeks into dating, I learned that he still lives at home with his mom, in the basement (which actually looks really nice, but still). He explained that he’s taking care of his mom, so it wasn’t a big deal to me.

Then on our 3rd date, he had to cut it short, saying how he has to go home to be with his mom because she gets emotional on holidays because a family member who she was really close to died recently. Understandable.

After another date, we went back to his place and end up having sex. When I went to use his bathroom afterwards (which is also in the basement, not upstairs where his mom lives), I found another woman’s bra on the floor. The whole mood suddenly changed and he was very defensive when I asked him about it. He said it belongs to his mom and that she leaves her stuff everywhere. This was when we broke up for awhile (because I didn’t believe him) until we got back together again..

And here are recent things that he did that just made me really scratch my head:

I have never spent the night at his house before and when that topic came up, he completely shut it down saying that his mom is constantly in and out of his room.

he once had to give his mom money to go out for the night so that he and I can hook up without being afraid of being too loud

after a night together at my place for a change, I asked him to stay. He said he can’t because his mom is still up and she has been texting him.

he tells me he still lives at home because he’s taking care of her, which implies to me that he could be independent if he wanted to. But recently he found his best friend a place to rent for cheap and said that originally it was supposed to be for himself, but he couldn’t afford it ($1100 a month). This tells me that maybe he actually can’t afford to live on his own even if he wanted to.

one time his mom knocked on his door while I was over. He got upset and asked her what did she want because he was “sleeping”. I found this extremely weird because I feel like he is a grown man. Can’t he just say that he has company?

And here’s a big one: I recently found out he’s a big poker player. I’m not sure whether he’s a winning player or not but I realized that the time he’s not spending with me or at work, he’s spending it playing poker, which is at least 20-30 hours a week. He tells me he’s not addicted and that it’s just a side income.

Should I be worried? Besides the mom and the poker thing, he’s actually an amazing guy. He’s not the stereotypical 40yo antisocial loser who lives at home in the basement. He has a good job, is extremely charming and charismatic, and has a ton of friends. If It’s just getting really hard to believe him when he says he’s living at home to take care of her because there seems to be a lot more going on. Also.. he doesn’t seem to want me to meet his mom. I’m not sure if he’s afraid what she’ll think that he’s dating someone so much younger than him, or if he actually doesn’t want this relationship to progress into anything more than just dating.

TL;DR My boyfriend’s approaching 40 and he still lives at home with his mom. He says it’s because he’s taking care of her, but I feel like it’s more of a financial thing that he’s not telling me about, AND their weird relationship is cutting into ours.

If he's really not a stay at home brokeass despite literally living in his basement and being at mom's beck and call and is in fact the charming life of the party as she claims then it sure seems like something hosed up is happening

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Ham Sandwiches posted:

It is difficult to get an unbiased opinion on this situation as we cannot find anyone who has not hosed this guy's wife

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Ok this is maybe too many in a row but I don't understand why this lady is with this dude, I'm not seeing any upside, and the whole "I'm confused, what should I do" tone is hard to reconcile with the content

I (26F) am seeing someone (38M) who has a weird relationship with his mom. Not sure if this is actually normal or if I should take this is a big red flag

If he's really not a stay at home brokeass despite literally living in his basement and being at mom's beck and call and is in fact the charming life of the party as she claims then it sure seems like something hosed up is happening

It's not his mother's bra, it's his wife's.

quote:

Also.. he doesn’t seem to want me to meet his mom. I’m not sure if he’s afraid what she’ll think that he’s dating someone so much younger than him, or if he actually doesn’t want this relationship to progress into anything more than just dating.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

What the gently caress is skinship?

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Hellblazer187 posted:

A skin ship is also known as a Gein canoe but that may be a regional expression.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Bobby Digital posted:

A skin ship is also known as a Gein canoe but that may be a regional expression.

Eh, what region?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

It is a weird translation of an asian term that encompsses all forms of physical intimacy between two individuals, ranging from hand holding to actual loving.

Basically in summary, this dudes wife is the basketball hoop at the all-star game dunk contest and this dude is just finally getting an idea that the NBA might exist

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Barudak posted:

It is a weird translation of an asian term that encompsses all forms of physical intimacy between two individuals, ranging from hand holding to actual loving.

Basically in summary, this dudes wife is the basketball hoop at the all-star game dunk contest and this dude is just finally getting an idea that the NBA might exist

Oh yeah she's definitely loving literally everybody but it's a weird word. I wondered if it was a play on the word kinship.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Hellblazer187 posted:

What this woman uses to float down the River Dyx while her husband stands there with coins over his eyes, confused

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

ed geins fishing boat

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hellblazer187 posted:

Oh yeah she's definitely loving literally everybody but it's a weird word. I wondered if it was a play on the word kinship.

Its unknown, either that or skin+friendship as originally it didnt really convey sexual physical intimacy and was more about how say, a parent can hug a child to comfort them but a stranger doing that is weird.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

fruit on the bottom posted:

Eh, what region?

Central Wisconsin!

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ham Sandwiches posted:

The hosed up thing happening is her brains dopamine response

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

the only "ship" worth a drat is "skinship"
here comes the skinship, sailing your way ... oops let me get that *puts hands between your thighs*

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Bobby Digital posted:

Central Wisconsin!

Really. Well I'm from...

*squints at map*

poo poo there are no places in central wisconsin and it's ruining the meme

...Stevens Point?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

TengenNewsEditor posted:

the only "ship" worth a drat is "skinship"
here comes the skinship, sailing your way ... oops let me get that *puts hands between your thighs*

Only someone morally inept would sail a skinship because thats measured in knots

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
The wife going to sit on another dude's lap with her husband there is not a form of communication. Some people just love knowing they can turn other people on.

She won't change. She gets validation from that behavior.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Nearly six years later, I [28/F] still haven't gotten over a guy [34/M] I liked. He's married now, and I don't know what to do.

quote:

My feelings are still so strong after all this time and I figure that it has to mean something.

:spinning galaxy resolving into thunkface:

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

fruit on the bottom posted:

Eh, what region?

Not the rear end or genitals if you want it to float

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Ebola Roulette posted:

Imagine getting run out of your house by a 7 year old because you and your husband are doormats who refuse to discipline your child.

She doesn't come across as a doormat. Husband does.

It only takes one doormat, and add that to a kid who is clearly deeply screwed up, and raised by some primo neglectful trash, and yeah actually being overwhelmed by that isn't really surprising at all.