Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
Ugh, I'm starting to be tempted by Knight allies for Carno Taurus. The whole group would follow his "jungle survivalist" aesthetic, and I'm currently googling picture of Ogre Kingdom crossbows to see how hard converting an explosive-tipped repeater crossbow would be (as the back-mounted missile pod). Any of the small Knight Armigers would be painted like hunting hounds or jungle cats. This hobby is a curse.

The last few times I posted models and people replied with "do you have more Genestealer Cult?" or "can you post your other Squats?," I wasn't able to share everything since Photobucket had pretty much pooped out on me. I FINALLY got around to moving everything over to Imgur, so here's a link to my gallery:

https://verdekilxviii.imgur.com

There's a motley mix of good photos and yellow-blurry-Facebook-uploads, so I'll try to slowly replace the crummy ones with better stuff. Have fun poking around!

PaintVagrant posted:

First layer of a transparent yellow over zenithal priming. God give me strength
praying 4u

BuffaloChicken fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

PaintVagrant posted:

First layer of a transparent yellow over zenithal priming. God give me strength

Dip those ticks aaargghhh :black101:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

This isn't meant to be competitive, but it's my traditional wolves teaching some new kids how to be awesome list. Is there anything I should change for CP or anything? I'm not sure how that poo poo works. I'm mainly making this list because it's things I want to paint. I'll add vehicles and Bjorn/Murderfang to take it to 3k later and give me some flex.

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Imperium - Space Wolves) [118 PL, 1971pts] ++

+ HQ +

Logan Grimnar on Stormrider [12 PL, 230pts]

Ulrik The Slayer [7 PL, 110pts]

Wolf Guard Battle Leader on Thunderwolf [6 PL, 119pts]: Frost axe, Krakenbone Sword, Storm shield

+ Troops +

Blood Claws [15 PL, 261pts]
. 13x Blood Claw
. Blood Claw Pack Leader: Power fist
. Blood Claw with Plasma Pistol: Plasma pistol
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader in Terminator Armour: Storm shield, Thunder hammer

Grey Hunters [14 PL, 196pts]: 8x Chainsword, Wolf Standard
. Grey Hunter Pack Leader: Power axe
. 8x Grey Hunter w/Bolt Pistol
. Grey Hunter with Special Weapon: Bolt Pistol, Plasma gun
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader in Terminator Armour: Frost axe, Storm bolter

Grey Hunters [14 PL, 196pts]: 8x Chainsword, Wolf Standard
. Grey Hunter Pack Leader: Power axe
. 8x Grey Hunter w/Bolt Pistol
. Grey Hunter with Special Weapon: Bolt Pistol, Plasma gun
. Wolf Guard Pack Leader in Terminator Armour: Frost axe, Storm bolter

Intercessor Squad [10 PL, 180pts]: Bolt rifles, 9x Intercessor
. Intercessor Sergeant: Chainsword

+ Fast Attack +

Thunderwolf Cavalry [16 PL, 264pts]
. Thunderwolf Cavalry: Storm shield, Thunder hammer
. Thunderwolf Cavalry Pack Leader: Storm shield, Thunder hammer

Thunderwolf Cavalry [16 PL, 240pts]
. Thunderwolf Cavalry: Frost axe, Storm shield
. Thunderwolf Cavalry Pack Leader: Frost axe, Storm shield

+ Heavy Support +

Hellblaster Squad [8 PL, 175pts]: Heavy Plasma Incinerator
. 4x Hellblaster
. Hellblaster Sergeant: Bolt pistol

++ Total: [118 PL, 1971pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Booley posted:

Quoting this into this thread because we played a game with pretty models.

Who is adding the effects here? I need to ask this person things. I wont copy the style, just the tactics.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

DiHK posted:

Who is adding the effects here? I need to ask this person things. I wont copy the style, just the tactics.

TKWG is, he's using the LensFX iPhone app.

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

I painted up some primaris ready to kill some xenos. My first time painting power armor/space marines and went a little thick with the highlights but I think it came out fine.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

BuffaloChicken posted:

I'm currently googling picture of Ogre Kingdom crossbows to see how hard converting an explosive-tipped repeater crossbow would be (as the back-mounted missile pod).

I want to see that as a manned turret. Your Catachans mount everything else, why not a Knight?

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008

mango sentinel posted:

I want to see that as a manned turret. Your Catachans mount everything else, why not a Knight?
The new Cawdor for Necromunda already look like raggedy men-at-arms, so I was actually thinking of having the giant Knight's awkward shoulder-bubble guns instead be crewed guns behind ramparts. Like the Knights' retinue of servants was loyal enough to follow them into the jungle on their vengeance-quest.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

BuffaloChicken posted:

an explosive-tipped repeater crossbow

Just sayin'

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I tried watching that video and became irrationally angry with the hosts' YouTube personas.

Do we get any clarification about Taranis' schtick?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
Having put a bunch of thought into it I really feel like the Castellen is going to be the better choice of the two Dominus class Knights. The weapons on the Valiant are really powerful but having the main guns with ranges of 18" and 12" means that it's going to struggle to bring its firepower to bear against a skilled opponent. Being that close also means that it's going to be easy prey for enemy assault units and it looks like assuming you can close through the overwatch that it will be relatively vulnerable in close combat without the invuln.

The Castellan in comparison can be firing with the vast majority of its weapons turn 1 and doesn't rely on putting itself in so much danger to do so. I'm hoping there might be some strategems that will help but I feel like the Valiant is going to struggle to make its points back.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
that batrep vid is duller than watching paint dry holy poo poo

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

Yeah I'm trying to watch this and it's pretty grating.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Danimo posted:

I painted up some primaris ready to kill some xenos. My first time painting power armor/space marines and went a little thick with the highlights but I think it came out fine.

Very nice. I'm going very slowly but ideally they'll end up looking like these.

So I'm re-reading the Deathwatch FAQ, and am I right to understand that the Halo launcher on the Corvus Blackstar gives -2 to hit to flying enemies trying to shoot it while it's supersonic, since it already has Hard to Hit?

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
Oooh, maybe embiggen the missiles and have the Cawdor guys carrying them be magnetized for removal after each one-time use weapon is fired?

This is always how it starts. The playful brainstorming, then the dabbling with photoshop, then the coy dropping of bits into eBay carts...

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

Both of them are using weighted die that only roll ones.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i skipped thru it because no way am i watching 2 1/2 unedited hours of a couple british dorks rolling handfuls of dice in the middle of a bunch of minis they hardly bother to move. at the end it looked like the 3 big robots were still in the same place they started the game at, and all of the nurgle poo poo had been taken off the board so its nice that they made the new army release look good

NovemberMike
Dec 28, 2008

i skipped thru it because no way am i watching 2 1/2 unedited hours of a couple british dorks rolling handfuls of dice in the middle of a bunch of minis they hardly bother to move. at the end it looked like the 3 big robots were still in the same place they started the game at, and all of the nurgle poo poo had been taken off the board so its nice that they made the new army release look good

IIRC it was actually a pretty close game. The big knights were still standing but they had quite a few wounds on them (but the Taranis ability kept them functional) and he barely cleared out a bunch of the heavy nurgle stuff.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.
Fuuuuuuck I've spent hours trying to find this poo poo. What company did one of y'all introduce that had plastic dial counters for turns, command points, and victory points? They had a ton of custom dials for factions and subfactions.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Fuuuuuuck I've spent hours trying to find this poo poo. What company did one of y'all introduce that had plastic dial counters for turns, command points, and victory points? They had a ton of custom dials for factions and subfactions.

These? https://hexy-shop.com/product-category/producer/wartiles/

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Someday, in their darkest hour, your first born will call upon the forces of the universe to aid them. Thither will I come, vengeance in my one hand and salvation in the other; they may choose one or both, and by blood or benevolence, my debt will be repaid.

BuffaloChicken
May 18, 2008
Can confirm those are great. Real nice quality, perfect size.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Someday, in their darkest hour, your first born will call upon the forces of the universe to aid them. Thither will I come, vengeance in my one hand and salvation in the other; they may choose one or both, and by blood or benevolence, my debt will be repaid.

:rock:

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
I'm really surprised those big knights are just two sprues each. I wonder if they'll get a new box size.

Also I guess this gives us a retail price point for armiger warglaives separate from Forgebane -- two in a box, same price point as the Ghostkeel. Which is probably useful for determining whether one is paying too much when buying singles off eBay.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Mixing and matching stuff with the Deathwatch rules seems to help. Maybe we just all overestimated GW and they never planned for Primaris to be by themselves. I guess it's possible that they want to get everything else done first, and a Primaris only force could be the first new codex, but the lack of support in the interim is a downer.

I think the real issue is that Primaris Marines are a victim of the Chapter House Studios lawsuit. GW will not release anything that they don't have a model for. That's why the only way a Primaris Captain can have a power fist is if he also has that dumb plasma pistol.

Yeah man, gently caress people for doing something fun and thinking that GW would support something that the fluff actively encourages.

It's like y'all are trying to put up a shelf with only a hammer and when people point out the toolbox you took the hammer from the answer is 'nooo I want SPECIAL tools, these ones aren't the same!' Primaris aren't an independent faction and trying to play them like one while complaining about their weaknesses, while ignoring the million options that might cover some of those weaknesses, is really dumb.

It's actually heavily edited since they do most of the movement off camera so you don't spend hours watching them pick up individual dudes but ok

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Xpost because I've spent loving ages on these and every photo reveals more gently caress ups. Only another 14 to go loving :negative:

They look like I want them to look though so it's not a waste!

Badablack
Apr 17, 2018
I can understand why people want primaris only forces. Their proportions are flat out better, and putting a bunch of regular marines with their desperately needed weapons and special rules next to them on the table just exacerbates the differences in sculpts. My DW primaris dudes will probably ironically lose every fight with xenos armies, but I still thing they look radder than a 90’s neon Trapper Keeper.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Corrode posted:

It's actually heavily edited since they do most of the movement off camera so you don't spend hours watching them pick up individual dudes but ok

yea, im sure barely moving the 30 odd models they had on the table wouldve taken up way too much time thats better spent showing loads of dice being rolled

i thought 8th was suppose to play fast, saying their close to 2 hours of game footage is heavily edited would mean they spent what? 4-5 hours on that game?

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

yea, im sure barely moving the 30 odd models they had on the table wouldve taken up way too much time thats better spent showing loads of dice being rolled

i thought 8th was suppose to play fast, saying their close to 2 hours of game footage is heavily edited would mean they spent what? 4-5 hours on that game?

It's a lot slower if you're commentating and loving around with AV equipment/loving around in general. They're not just caning through a tournament round.

They did once try out cutting the dice rolls to save on time and people insisted on seeing them

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Watching two largely static armies shoot one another is boring. That relic flamer looks brutal and all of the 2+ damage, mid to high strength multiple shot guns makes me look at multi-wound infantry models and question their use.

Cainer
May 8, 2008
Anyone have any experience with Knights? I'd like to order the Warden type but I'm not so certain about the choice, are they easy to magnetize for mix and matching weapons and upgrades?

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Cainer posted:

Anyone have any experience with Knights? I'd like to order the Warden type but I'm not so certain about the choice, are they easy to magnetize for mix and matching weapons and upgrades?

It's at the very least possible since Booley magnetised his kickass looking knight.

One_Wing
Feb 19, 2012

Handsome, sophisticated space elves.
If the points cost rumours on the Helverins are anything like accurate they’re not just good, they’re outrageously good. Perhaps the “no cp for armiger detachments” was a late stage addition once they’d realised how powerful they’d made them, because otherwise 3x Hawkshroud Helverins would seem like a no brainer for most imperial armies. As Artum said, it might still be.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe

Cainer posted:

It's pretty easy. I had to drill out the arms (the upper portion) to accept the magnet how I wanted, but everything else was a piece of cake.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Is there any point even magnetising Armigers?

And are there people out there wanting to swap the Questoris plates for the admech plates?

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.

Thundercloud posted:

Is there any point even magnetising Armigers?

And are there people out there wanting to swap the Questoris plates for the admech plates?
As long as you don't glue the top carapace in you can just twist the shoulder joint 90 degrees and take the arm off, and put the other kind of arm in its place.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Groetgaffel posted:

As long as you don't glue the top carapace in you can just twist the shoulder joint 90 degrees and take the arm off, and put the other kind of arm in its place.

Yeah, I suppose you could paint less bodies, but you'd have to buy the same number of kits.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Groetgaffel posted:

It's at the very least possible since Booley magnetised his kickass looking knight.

My friend's Knights are all magnetised at the 'elbow' which seems to work.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Groetgaffel posted:

The top carapace tends to scrape on the exhaust stacks when you fit it though, so this is not necessarily the best option.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
The Dominus knights are up on some of the non-US stores and it looks like they're only a little bit more expensive than the Crusader, looks like it should out to be $160-165.
A box of two Helverins is the same price as a Land Raider, so roughly $75. I'm not bothering to do the actual conversion from pounds to dollars since GW doesn't seem to pay attention to the exchange rate, just comparing similarly priced stuff.

The Dominus is a lot cheaper than I expected, may just try to pick one up even if it won't get played that often.