Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

What an rear end in a top hat. This is like that episode of American Dad where Stan keeps pushing Francine into the pool. They don't like your wife's BBQ? gently caress 'em. I will never understand how people can be such little bitchbabies about this poo poo. It will make her feel good to cook, and, unless she's serving actual feces, people will eat it and say nice things about it. I loving hate that guy for not supporting his wife in this tiny thing. She likes his family, and wants to feel like part of it, and he's embarrassed that she's not Meathead Goldwyn.

Or in sushi lasagna's case apparently it'll just sit there and congeal in the sun while the wife just looks on sadly lol

But yeah dude's an rear end

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Lol imagine finding a gravy train that simply involved the occasional snarky comment and this dude can't handle it

What a loving boor. It's why they stay where they belong.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

New thread title.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

QuarkJets posted:

Or in sushi lasagna's case apparently it'll just sit there and congeal in the sun while the wife just looks on sadly lol

But yeah dude's an rear end

Sushi lasagna might fall under "actual feces." I didn't address it, because I can't stand almost any form of seafood, so I didn't feel qualified to comment. He is definitely an rear end, though. Holy poo poo. Your partner wants to feel valued, and loved, and accepted. "I don't want my family tasting your cooking" is a loving horrible thing to say, no matter how you phrase it.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Haifisch posted:

My [23/M] fiancé [26/F] and I of 1.5 years called my family classless this morning and I'm not sure how to move on

"Your parents do the work of common folk? My word! :monocle:"

:sever:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Wow Reddit. Good job normalizing mental illness I guess.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

I hope she gets leprosy and chagas from cuddling an armadillo.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pvt.Scott posted:

I hope she gets leprosy and chagas from cuddling an armadillo.

Possums and armadillos are cool though.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

therobit posted:

Wow Reddit. Good job normalizing mental illness I guess.

Vs a redpiller? I mean, it’s a tough choice but I would take the rabies.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

fruit on the bottom posted:

Vs a redpiller? I mean, it’s a tough choice but I would take the rabies.

Is he actually a red pill dork or did they just call him that because of his remark about getting cucked by possums?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Only red pills get cucked by possums

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
How is that even a question, possums are insanely cool, AND they're immune to rabies, AND they eat a ton of ticks that carry Lyme and other diseases. Adopt those fuckin' possums and name them Petunia.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Also if you're gonna have small woodland carnivores in your dumpster, possums are by far the best choice. He would rather have skunks or raccoons? Also adorable, would also name tbh, but they come with actual downsides. Help the possums outcompete them.

JnnyThndrs
May 29, 2001

HERE ARE THE FUCKING TOWELS
Possums are cool, unfortunately they have very short lives :(

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

JnnyThndrs posted:

Possums are cool, unfortunately they have very short lives :(

same with DJs

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Aren’t possums helpful predators of some particularly onerous pest animal? I forget which it’s supposed to be but I heard that recently.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

andrew smash posted:

Aren’t possums helpful predators of some particularly onerous pest animal? I forget which it’s supposed to be but I heard that recently.

I read somewhere that they eat ticks which carry an imaginary disease that doesn’t exist.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

​Me [32 M] and my partner [31 M] have founded a non-profit organisation two years ago. I'm not having fun anymore and he's a large reason for that.Non-Romantic

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/33r6ft/me_32_m_and_my_partner_31_m_have_founded_a/

quote:

Hi, everyone!

Throwaway here. I have a bit of an issue. And it might be not your typical relationship question. But I'm in need of advice regardless.

So two years ago, a friend and I, we founded a non-profit organization. We promote small cultural events in our local area and we've had great success. In fact, we've become kind of a fixture in many a smaller shop in the area and big cultural houses such as mainstream movie theatres and stages have worked with us and we've got a lot of interesting stuff coming up. I am still very passionate about it all and I think we're not only doing a good job but also something I firmly believe our city (or the area of our city, rather) needs.

This sounds good, right? Well, it kind of is. Tonight, I had a bit of a moment where I really asked myself why the devil I am still doing this to myself. So we had an event tonight. We invited a select 40 people to an exclusive movie preview with one of the big companies. These events are a great tool to get people in touch and lot of nice things have come from it. Apparently, my friend/partner in this isn't happy that I was there. Sure, I busted my foot a few weeks ago really badly with a bit of an additional leg breaking, but I decided to tough it out. Partner was not so happy. Normally, I would like to know why, but tonight was different. I left during the intermission, even though my injuries were doing fairly well. I haven't been pain free in weeks, but hey, it worked. I chatted nice to people and I did help out in the one pinch we had.

Problem is, this isn't the first time this happened:

During one of the first events we had, we had a lot of people coming as it was an open event. Ticket distribution was a bit chaotic, but we managed. He wasn't happy and gave me poo poo because of that. I agree that it could have been more perfect, but it was one of the first events in general and the very first one of that magnitude. And he didn't help. At all. I did this all myself. I knew that I had to do it alone, because he was very busy with work (we both work full-time jobs apart from our little organization).

The next event, that was smaller (~12 people) he didn't show up for. Reasons unknown.

We run a blog. I aim to write one post a week. Frequently, I get poo poo about it. There's a big festival coming up that has a lot of groups performing in extravagant costumes. So I focussed on that. Because everyone will enjoy the costumes. You can bring the kids and you can show them amazing performances. So in the spirit of preview and spectacular, I wrote a bit that relied on imagery from the costumed groups. This was wrong. He didn't have an alternative lined up, but what I did was not it.

This whole "Your writing sucks. I'd have written something else" repeats itself once every ten posts, so about every two months.

He decides things without even consulting me. This is theoretically fine with me, as he's more the person who enjoys talking to people in suit and ties. So he frequently comes up to me and goes "Hey, this show? We're official partners for it. Sweet. Let's see what we can do." and I am in agreement with that. However, when I decide a thing, then it's wrong. I overhauled our website after months of setting up a test site on my own webspace and showing it to him months ago. I never heard back from him and informed him that I would switch to the new layout over a recent weekend. So I did. I got poo poo for it, because he wasn't consulted. Which just isn't true.

There are many more small incidents like this. I'm sure he sees me as reckless or just plain stupid in the case of going to an event when injured. And, sure, I make mistakes. Hell, who doesn't? And I do work a full-time job apart from this. So does he.

Tonight, it all stopped being fun. He was on time, I was early. A mutual acquaintance of ours went "He'll be so angry with you" even before the event started, basically ruining my mood. I put on a brave face, as - you know - stuff on the line. Luckily, I was able to go "Foot bad. Lots of pain" in the intermission and leave.

So my entire problem is this:

I believe in this project.

He makes it very much un-fun.

I frequently get poo poo for things I consider to be minor or have received no help for even though I would probably have needed it

EDIT: In my head, I've decided that after the next project that I've already signed on for, I'll just not come to events anymore. But I enjoy them a lot. So I kind of want to go. But I don't want to have night after night ruined for me by him.

So what do I do? I want this project to succeed, but I also need/want it to be fun seeing as it's something I sacrifice a lot of my free time for.

tl;dr: Founded a Non Profit a few years ago with a buddy. It works great. He frequently makes things not fun and doesn't support me very often. What do I do? Do I just leave the project?​

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

quote:

Do I just leave the project?​

Uhh... yeah?

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

value-brand cereal posted:

​Me [32 M] and my partner [31 M] have founded a non-profit organisation two years ago. I'm not having fun anymore and he's a large reason for that.Non-Romantic

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/33r6ft/me_32_m_and_my_partner_31_m_have_founded_a/

Four years ago, he was 28. Three years ago, he was 32. Two years ago, he was 27. He’s the ADHD Benjamin Button.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

value-brand cereal posted:

This one reads really weird. Like I feel like he's leaving some stuff out.

Just leave if you aren't happy and go do something else. Or actually have it out with the dude? I mean sometimes talking to people works. Crazy idea though.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

How is that even a question, possums are insanely cool, AND they're immune to rabies, AND they eat a ton of ticks that carry Lyme and other diseases. Adopt those fuckin' possums and name them Petunia.

:hai: opossums are good and they are in fact sweet babies

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I read somewhere that they eat ticks which carry an imaginary disease that doesn’t exist.

Deer tick carry Lyme disease which is real, but a bunch of people on the internet invented "chronic Lyme disease" which is about as real as most fibromyalgia that people self diagnose on Facebook.

therobit fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Jun 4, 2018

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

therobit posted:

Deer tick carry Lyme disease which is real, but a bunch of people on the internet inverted "chronic Lyme disease" which is about as real as most fibromyalgia that people self diagnose on Facebook.

Yeah. I was just being snarky.

Why is your name therobit? It reminds me of an Asimov audiobook I have where the narrator pronounces “robot” as robit, or robut. The phrase, “the robot,” as you might imagine, occurs often in the book.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Yeah. I was just being snarky.

Why is your name therobit? It reminds me of an Asimov audiobook I have where the narrator pronounces “robot” as robit, or robut. The phrase, “the robot,” as you might imagine, occurs often in the book.

Not from that audiobook, but yes a mispronunciation of robot. It's from Futurama.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

therobit posted:

Not from that audiobook, but yes a mispronunciation of robot. It's from Futurama.

Oh, yeah.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The Snoo posted:

:hai: opossums are good and they are in fact sweet babies

They're just trying their best.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

chitoryu12 posted:

Possums and armadillos are cool though.

Oh, the animals are cool as hell. I wouldn’t feed em tho

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

Even if opossums are nice, beneficial animals, you still should probably not feed slices of pizza to any wild animal, urban or otherwise.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

therobit posted:

Even if opossums are nice, beneficial animals, you still should probably not feed slices of pizza to any wild animal, urban or otherwise.

Didn't you listen to the Supreme Court? Pizza's a vegetable, mom.

elise the great
May 1, 2012

You do not have to be good. You only have to let the soft animal of your body love what it loves.
My Patronus is the noble opossum

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Good job making her feel afraid in her own bed.

I [23/M] pulled a prank on my girlfriend [22/F] and now she's mad at me.

quote:

u/oscarscoe
My girlfriend comes from a religious upbringing, but she's recently began to take a more secular approach in life. She never had this much freedom of thought when she lived with her parents, but now that me and her are living together in an apartment and she doesn't have to worried about being reprimanded, she's slowly began to abandon the religious lifestyle. This lead to me, an atheist, deciding to pull a prank on her last night.

She went to bed last night and I told her that I would be there in a little while after I take a shower. She fell asleep pretty quickly like she always does and I put on a devil mask and wore a black blanket around me to make it look like I was wearing a robe. I put my head next to hers while she was asleep and I began breathing heavily into her ear. She began to stir and when I saw that she was awake, I whispered in her ear "This is what happens when you don't believe in me." She turns around and comes face to face with me in my devil mask and she starts screaming her rear end off. She crawls off the bed, backs into a corner and is screaming hysterically, so I pull off the mask and reveal myself to calm her down. But she didn't have the reaction I thought she would have. She began crying and saying stuff like "Why would you do that?" and "I thought I could trust you." She just took her stuff into the living room and stayed out there while I slept alone in our room. I could hear her crying all night light and I began to feel really bad.

This morning, I woke up and she didn't even bother saying goodbye to me before she left for work. And when she got back, she just went straight to our room and locked herself in there for the whole day. Now I feel terrible and I want to apologize. I've never been good at being heartfelt, so I'm not sure what to say. How should I apologize to her for what I did?

tldr: Scared my girlfriend, she's pissed at me.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Milotic posted:

quote:

I've never been good at being heartfelt,
Lmao she needs to :sever:

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
This isn’t /r/relationships, but it should be.

https://www.reddit.com/r/legaladvice/comments/8odcqr/roommate_killed_himself_and_now_his_mom_is_coming/

Woman’s roommate kills himself, and mom blames roommate.

It turns out rommate paid the rent, and all the bills, and showered the poster with gifts. Apparently, neither the poster nor her boyfriend thought this was unusual. Among those gifts? Over $100,000 in Etherium. She had made other posts about him giving her a zillion dollars in crypto currencies, but apparently went back and delted those posts ~for some reason~ when she made the post about her roommate offing himself. She’s currently saying, “I don’t see how $100,000 is different from buying me a purse or a computer,” and snarking on people for “creeping” her post history.

User posted:

Like I said, he frequently gave me gifts. Is crypto currency somehow treated differently from purses, clothes, laptops, or even just money to help pay my bills?

Lol

User posted:

I'm not going to air his dirty laundry out of respect for the dead but you don't understand the situation at all. I did not play him.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Milotic posted:

Dude needs a hail mary if he wants to save that relationship

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Men, men always ruin things:

Man (30M) made unwanted sexual advances towards me (25F), now he works for the family business.

quote:

u/SummerIsBackInTown
Reddit, I don’t know what to do.

My mother owns a large property where she runs an equestrian business. She has a long-term boyfriend named Jared and they aren’t married, but recently (about 5 months ago) Jared bought into the business and now owns 50%. He has been helping out a lot by taking over the mortgage payments on the house and investing in things like landscaping and construction for a few of the property buildings, all improvements for the continued growth of the business.

Last summer I (25F) was living with my mom for a short period of time and while I was there, my time overlapped with a trainer (30M) who they were trying to recruit. This trainer was also staying in the house while I was living there. Over the course of this week, this man made multiple unwanted advances towards me, including coming into my bedroom in the middle of the night and waking me up in the morning without knocking on my bedroom door to ask if I wanted company (sex). I felt extremely uncomfortable with these advances and made it known that I was not interested, but he didn’t seem to know how to take no for an answer. The entire time he was there, I felt unsafe and like I couldn’t go anywhere on the property alone.

I told my mom about all of this when the trainer left, and she was obviously very upset and said that there was absolutely no way in hell that this man would ever work at her property. My mom’s boyfriend Jared knew about this too, and we had multiple conversations with Jared about how he is not a good or trustworthy person and we don’t want him here.

Fast forward to today. My mom called me this morning, extremely upset, to tell me that Jared went behind her back, hired this trainer, and flew him to the property this morning.
My mom had no prior knowledge of this and absolutely does not support this at all. She had no idea he was coming until he and Jared showed up this morning. She feels that Jared has completely disrespected her and me by not having any kind of conversation about wanting to hire him and going behind our backs. When I spoke to my mom she said that she feels like she can’t do anything about it because Jared is now a 50% owner. She wants to buy Jared out and fire this new trainer, but she can’t afford to do that on her own, which is why Jared bought into the business in the first place. This trainer is also one of the best riders in the country, he’s basically a celebrity, and Jared hired him because he thinks this man will be good for business.

My mom has poured her heart and soul into this business. It is her home and her dream and her entire life, and it would break her heart to have to sell her 50% (when she breaks up with Jared). It breaks my heart to see her in this position, and it also hurts knowing that I will never feel safe or comfortable going to visit the property that I also love so much as long as this trainer is there (I usually visit once a month). I don’t know what to do or how to handle this situation, or if there is anything I can do at all. I guess I just needed to write this down and talk to someone about it.

If anyone has any words of advice, I’d love to hear it.

tl;dr: Mom's boyfriend hired a man to work for the family business, knowing that he had previously made unwanted sexual advances towards me.

From the comments

quote:

If he’s famous; and he has been doing this to a lot of other women, which I bet he has... and word gets out that jack hired him anyway it’s going to ruin the business altogether.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Lol imagine finding a gravy train that simply involved the occasional snarky comment and this dude can't handle it

Come down to Arlington National Cemetery and see the Ham Sandwiches eternal retard-takes flame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Switchback
Jul 23, 2001

I guess we need these staggeringly spineless people to keep this thread moving along, but still... Are people really this terrified of being alone? A lifetime of coming home to an empty house sounds 10,000% better to me than a lifetime of coming home to a house where my wife might or might not be sharing our bed with another man.

Hot take: nobody sleeps over/under the covers with someone they just had sex with. Sleeping in the bed in a no-couch studio apartment sure seems like the fastest, easiest, most comfortable solution when your lovely air mattress deflates in the middle of the night. But people love feeling slighted and being victims so go ahead OP and tell the internet what a slut your girlfriend is.