Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I’ve heard it’s because they liked zabgiefs design

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Also the whole deal with "bad guys" in 1 is clearly more being a bad guy in the universe of the game, hence the main theme of Ralph being forced to fulfill a role he doesn't get any recognition for.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Zangief is cool because if you beat the original SF2 with him the ending cutscene is him dancing with Gorbachev

Corrosion
May 28, 2008

From what I can tell, it's more that the premise of the second movie sounds really stupid.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It would have been cooler if Fix-It Felix Jr. got like a modern sequel or a reboot and then you had to deal with modern gaming. Instead of the power strip, you could get to the different games from the hard drive of the console.

Wanna see Ralph open a lootbox.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Waffleman_ posted:

It would have been cooler if Fix-It Felix Jr. got like a modern sequel or a reboot and then you had to deal with modern gaming. Instead of the power strip, you could get to the different games from the hard drive of the console.

Wanna see Ralph open a lootbox.

seriously, this was what I was picturing for a Wreck-It-Ralph and Internet: taking on Steam-alikes, and perhaps some jabs at companies that just dump their back catalogue on distribution services without attempting to actually making them playable, and the lootboxes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Zangief is cool because if you beat the original SF2 with him the ending cutscene is him dancing with Gorbachev

Nice, Gorbachev owns

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

this broken hill
Apr 10, 2018

by Lowtax
i'm a disney princess

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
:same:

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

That Spiderman movie coming out in December is still the only animated movie I'm excited about this year.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

this broken hill posted:

i'm a disney princess

Avshalom posted:

i am exquisitely animated. in conversation my face achieves the maximum of squash and stretch with every contorted syllable i pronounce. my lines are thick and smooth, my silhouette strong, my bones viscous and my palette pretty as a peach. i end every sexual encounter with a dance party and everyone you know is there just dancing, dancing, anonymously dancing sans speech or expression, they could be anyone, they could be strangers, they could be communists

Still the best post of this thread.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

paradoxGentleman posted:

Honestly it's not even the princesses or Disney jerking off to how cool they are that bothers me, but all the name-dropping of companies like Google, Amazon etc. It really does feel like a giant advertisement. The joke about the princesses was fun but I really dont want to watch something so corporate-driven. I have to endure enough of that stuff in my everyday life.

they should've slotted Inner Workings before this for maximum capitalism

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm tentatively excited for the Lego Movie 2.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
On the one hand I feel there's no chance in hell lighting could strike twice with the lego movie 2 not in the other hand it will be cool as hell If it did

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

glam rock hamhock posted:

On the one hand I feel there's no chance in hell lighting could strike twice with the lego movie 2 not in the other hand it will be cool as hell If it did

I felt that way about LEGO Batman, but I actually like LEGO Batman even better than the LEGO Movie.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I haven't seen Lego Batman yet but I can believe it's good because my impression is that it's robot chicken but it isn't allowed to make rape jokes

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I haven't seen Lego Batman yet but I can believe it's good because my impression is that it's robot chicken but it isn't allowed to make rape jokes

It's way, way better than that. One of the most thematically sound animated films in the last 10 years and super relevant.

Erotic Wakes
May 19, 2018

by Lowtax
*child watching Wreck It Ralph 2 trailer* I love brands! I LOVE BRANDS!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i liked wreck it ralph

the trailer for 2 might be one of the actual worst things i've ever seen and i think i'm going to picket this loving movie

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Lego Batman is about nontraditional family structures and the support they provide, why and how someone should leave a toxic relationship, and the importantance of ab day

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i liked wreck it ralph

the trailer for 2 might be one of the actual worst things i've ever seen and i think i'm going to picket this loving movie

Same...

The first movie used nostalgia as a backdrop to establish its characters as "legit video game characters" despite being new creations. Its was cute and had some nice touches, especially Zangief and the gags at Root Beer Tapper's Bar. It was purely backdrop for telling the story and worked.

This feels like the Emoji movie. Do you recognize this brand cause we do (or we own it)? It may be a bad first trailer cause I cannot help but wonder what the conflict is? Searching for a broken part feels like an excuse to just shove things/references in our face and that sucks.

That said, the Disney Princess part is funny to me. For all the fan-wankery that is going on, Cinderella smashing her shoe to a broken shard to attack an intruder is inspired.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I just like the princess thing because it feels like the extremely rare self aware geeky moment that's trying to appeal to the nostalia of girls in the audience

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
the wreckit ralph 2 trailer gave me aids and I'm gonna die before I see it

thank god

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

ThermoPhysical posted:

So there's currently a debate among my friends about what makes someone a Disney princess.

Some think Mulan's in the line-up just because she's marketable to little girls. Some think because she's Asian and they have a quota to fill.

Some think the entire line has nothing to do with princesses and actually just female leads. Some are calming it's all about being marketable thus Anna and Elsa.

So is there an official reason or just because Disney feels like it?
Not really a thoughtful response, but this post reminded me of this tweet I saw.

https://twitter.com/RicksWriting/status/1002364998759403520

More thoughtfully, yeah, at some point it seems like it became just female leads. For instance, Pocahontas may be the daughter of a chieftan, but calling her a princess based on that seems a bit of a stretch.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also, Alice and Mulan are considered Princesses despite not being royalty in any sense. Like you said, it's basically become a catch-all term for female lead and shouldn't really be taken literally.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I don’t think Alice is considered a princess. She is in Kingdom Hearts but I don’t think she’s an official one outside that

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Bring in Kari your cowards

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/thelegomovie/status/1003981012479586305?s=21

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Ok, that looks great

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Si-Star System is very good.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The real question is, is Black Panther's sister a Disney princess

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Megara isn't a Disney princess because she lost her virginity

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sir Lemming posted:

The real question is, is Black Panther's sister a Disney princess

Shuri should definitely be, but I don't know if she'd want to be.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

I laughed out loud multiple times, so perhaps, animation is saved?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mad Max apocalypse brought on by bright and cheery toddler toys is a good twist. I'm looking forward to that.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Much better than the WIR2 trailer

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Neon Noodle posted:

Megara isn't a Disney princess because she lost her virginity

Ariel is still a Disney princess

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I'm liking how it seem to focus more on Wyldstyle, she kind of badly need it and Emmett's story arc has already been told.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Ariel is still a Disney princess
Megara lost her virginity before the events of the film, she is therefore used