Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Mordiceius posted:

Holy gently caress! That swerve with the UwU fight is the most incredible thing.

YoshiP and his team are messengers of Satan.

Haha you thought you had learned 3 phases after 12 hours? Too bad it was me Dio YoshiP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Cabbit posted:

Gonna quote this so I remember it later, because I've just hit 500k gil for the first time and I will soon be desperate for money subsequent to buying an apartment somewhere.

If you're on Excalibur I don't mind just dropping a cool million on you or whatever. I'm not a wealthy market board baron but I've been too lazy to go all out decorating my house and I've got gil to spare to get people started on whatever gil sink they want to pursue.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Axle_Stukov posted:

Haha you thought you had learned 3 phases after 12 hours? Too bad it was me Dio YoshiP!

Structuring the hardcore fight specifically to troll the hardcore crowd is a pretty funny move by yoship and crew.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I suspect the intention behind ultimate fights is being streamer bait more than really caring about the 0.1% of players who will even set foot inside it.

And it's been great watching on stream

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Mordiceius posted:

Holy gently caress! That swerve with the UwU fight is the most incredible thing.

What happened? I had to go in to work.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

After killing all three primals, you get what you think is a phase transition into Ultima...but then Lahabrea just shows up and murders you. If you intentionally give the primals stacks by "failing" mechanics, they awaken, and when they die they drop puddles that save you from Lahabrea. Doing them this way is much harder than just killing them.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Mordiceius posted:

I was just sitting here howling at the screen when I realised the full extent of the fuckery.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

People were clearing the Primal phase of the fight super easily and quickly and then immediately wiping to an unavoidable doom.

Yoship wants you to throttle your deeps.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

I only heard about the swerve, haven't been watching streams because work. Please tell me though that when Titan is out his music plays and he tosses out landslides in synch with the lyrics.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The final TITAAANNNNNNNNN scream syncs up with his enrage cast perfectly.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

After killing all three primals, you get what you think is a phase transition into Ultima...but then Lahabrea just shows up and murders you. If you intentionally give the primals stacks by "failing" mechanics, they awaken, and when they die they drop puddles that save you from Lahabrea. Doing them this way is much harder than just killing them.

Well that's just not right.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Finally, all my practice in collecting Vulnerability Up stacks will pay off

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What stream are people watching?

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

hahahaha

troofs
Feb 28, 2011

The better Manning.
Just got a small house, is there an easy way to get into gardening or is it as much of a complicated loop-based thing as it seems?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

What are Garuda's mechanics like?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

This is amazing, I love it.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Argas posted:

If you're on Excalibur I don't mind just dropping a cool million on you or whatever. I'm not a wealthy market board baron but I've been too lazy to go all out decorating my house and I've got gil to spare to get people started on whatever gil sink they want to pursue.

Nah, I'm on Siren. Wanted that sweet Road to 60 buff, plus the bonus 15 days.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Is this still accurate

This is what the math nerd discord says:
If your sks is lower than 1633 use this: http://ffxivrotations.com/17ou
If it is above use this: http://ffxivrotations.com/1g8x

The biggest difference is using a Yukikaze instead of a Gekko during Meikyo

If your ping sucks you can modify those to remove the double weaving, this is what I use and I'm a try hard
Sks < 1633 or fights with a gcd of downtime before Midare: http://ffxivrotations.com/1lv7
Sks >= 1633: http://ffxivrotations.com/1lv6

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

cheetah7071 posted:

As someone who will never attempt this content, I approve of it torturing other people for my enjoyment

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

troofs posted:

Just got a small house, is there an easy way to get into gardening or is it as much of a complicated loop-based thing as it seems?

It's not complicated, just time consuming.

http://www.ffxivgardening.com/

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

everyone posted:

ffxiv: It's not complicated, just time consuming.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I should really level arcanist for scholar, I have WHM at 70 and I’m working on AST. Might as well have all three fopeople variety and use

Can you glamour your faerie or whatever, I remember hearing about this

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
somehow just managed to beat cutter's cry with a healer in mostly lvl 1 crafting gear who refused to draw, royal road, helios or aspected benefic. They also didn't take any role actions except for protect. Through what I only assume is sheer dumb luck we only wiped to the worm twice, and beat the chimera first try (albeit with the healer eating poo poo at the halfway point)

Thumbtacks posted:

I should really level arcanist for scholar, I have WHM at 70 and I’m working on AST. Might as well have all three fopeople variety and use

Can you glamour your faerie or whatever, I remember hearing about this

arcanist sucks rear end to level but scholar is imo the most enjoyable healer. unfortunately we don't get egi glamours because of "lore" or whatever

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

pupuru posted:

somehow just managed to beat cutter's cry with a healer in mostly lvl 1 crafting gear who refused to draw, royal road, helios or aspected benefic. They also didn't take any role actions except for protect. Through what I only assume is sheer dumb luck we only wiped to the worm twice, and beat the chimera first try (albeit with the healer eating poo poo at the halfway point)

Thankfully, the Cutter's bosses deal such low normal damage that you can get through it if you have a WAR or DRK tank who has a potion or two. The same can't be said for the Brayflox run I did with a tank that seemed to be a badly programmed bot. Our poor ol' Dragoon (who was a legit brand new player) had to do most of the tanking, including Aiatar (though he thankfully never had to kite her around).

Coming from a longtime SCH player, SCH and AST are neck-and-neck for fun factor these days. AST just feels so drat smooth now, and it requires extremely fast reflexes and decision making at 70 to optimize. Lightspeed Gravity spam feels incredible in 4-mans, and the level of mobility you have in 8-mans is fantastic. SCH is still probably the tops in terms of overall contribution, but AST is now completely worth your time.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What are Garuda's mechanics like?

I couldn’t find a clip of it, but basically You know how Wicked Wheel does a point blank AOE around her? Well now Awoken Garuda will immediately follow that up with its inverse: a room-wide aoe with a small safe zone directly on her. Hope you remember her wheel’s attack range. :v

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

pupuru posted:

arcanist sucks rear end to level but scholar is imo the most enjoyable healer. unfortunately we don't get egi glamours because of "lore" or whatever

Well that’s unfortunate but ok

Man I really want the sigma coat. I’ve killed him ten times today and I have two shafts, so I’m making progress I guess

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

cheetah7071 posted:

this is such a brilliant bait and switch lmao

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

cheetah7071 posted:

game of the century

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kuvo posted:

game of the century

It's almost meta commentary for Ifrit EX parties.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Titan casts 24 tumults btw

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Holy what now? That sounds hilarious.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Not at once, unfortunately. He casts it three times, doing 8 and then 6 and then 8 again.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
People just figured out how to awaken titan

Garuda is easy. Some of her moves give you stacks which get cleansed by going into the plume bubble. If you have 2 stacks when you cleanse, she gets a stack and awakens at 4.

Ifrit is harder. He summons 4 nails. When eruption hits a nail, it gets a stack of damage dealt up and damage taken down. When it gets hit by a second eruption, it turns into a big nail. Killing a big nail gives Ifrit a stack, and he awakens at 4.

Titan is insane. There's a spot where he targets three people with gaols and summons a single bomb. The bomb explosion destroys gaols, leaving a puddle behind. A gaol explosion can detonate another gaol, letting you chain them. Standing in a puddle gives titan stacks. The problem is he just chain casts landslide and tumult until the puddles disappear, without moving, so you have to have a chain of gaol explosions with the final puddle beneath him.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Do you have to awaken all three to live through the doom?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ibblebibble posted:

It seems like each one you do gets you a little further in the phase transition sequence

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

When you get the buff, it lets you A) survive Doom, and B) level 3 limit break regardless of your party's limit break status

which means you need a ranged DPS lb, a healer LB, and a tank LB. DPS to kill adds before they all self destruct, tank to try and keep eveyrone alive through self destructs, and then a healer to get everyoen back up to fight ultima which i'm sure is going to be an absolute clusterfuck and i love it

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Wow. Square really wasn't loving around. Sounds like it'll be down quicker than Bahamut though.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

SonicRulez posted:

Wow. Square really wasn't loving around. Sounds like it'll be down quicker than Bahamut though.

Nobody has even seen Ultima Weapon itself yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

God, the outfit from the level 70 SAM quest is so good.