Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I mean, sometimes people are just blunt and that's fine, but being blunt doesn't excuse you from caring about other people's feelings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I don't understand why being at pride is supposed to make somebody who doesn't like PDA, all of a sudden like PDA. I mean, you two aren't compatible and should break up and you can find someone to act like a teenager with but trying to make it like you've got the moral high ground because you're out-lesbianing her seems like gatekeeping.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'm the legendary super lesbian

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

Haifisch posted:

My Wife [F 20s] is Upset That I [M 20s] Am Never In the Mood for Sex, But She Won't Put Herself Together

:thunk:

This made me physically ill to think about. I just baked cookies and now when I eat them it will be to cover the flavor I can't stop imagining. Like old eraser shavings mixed with vinegar and piss. Smelly dude balls are like old, old potatoes mixed with fish.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I defer to your judgement then obviously

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Brally isn't canon

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I'll have the soup.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

tactlessbastard posted:

I don't understand why being at pride is supposed to make somebody who doesn't like PDA, all of a sudden like PDA. I mean, you two aren't compatible and should break up and you can find someone to act like a teenager with but trying to make it like you've got the moral high ground because you're out-lesbianing her seems like gatekeeping.
My read on it is that there can be a fear of performing even extremely tame same-sex PDA because of the reaction of other people. Theoretically, Pride is a safer place to express yourself, but something that starts as rational wariness or a survival mechanism can get ingrained enough that you can't let go of it even in safe places.

Obviously there's people who just don't like PDA at all while still being affectionate in private, and that's decently likely with OP's girlfriend if she's very affectionate at home and is out as a lesbian publically, just not willing to hold hands or kiss in public. Given the kind of stuff gay people face I don't think it's unreasonable for OP to wonder if internalized homophobia or past bad experiences factor into it, but I also feel like if that isn't the case it must feel pretty lovely to have your partner constantly questioning if you're ashamed of her because of a thing you were clear about from the start.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

LadyPictureShow posted:

We have this old recipe box at my dad’s place and the chocolate chip cookie recipe card was all beat up and dog eared, and in my grandmother’s handwriting. My mother seemed utterly betrayed when one of us pointed out ‘that’s the same recipe on the chocolate chip bag, but without walnuts’.

‘What?! Mom always said it was a secret family recipe!’

I have terrible news about the coleslaw recipe too.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

It's like the $500 "stolen" Neiman Marcus cookie recipe. They're pretty loving delicious cookies though. :btroll:

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I just refuse to acknowledge a chocolate chip cookie recipe that doesn't involve ground oatmeal. Keeps em moist for days. I don't even think it's possible to get hard cookies doing that. Also you need to grate half a chocolate bar into the dough.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

A friend of mine told me he'd been feeling depressed lately, so I went into the city early before work to buy him some fancy Kitkats from the Kitkat shop there. I thought it was a decent compromise between doing something nice but not over the top. When I tried to give them too him he refused them because he 'felt bad' that I'd gone to 'so much trouble'.

I'm still not sure if I'm the weird one in this anecdote or not.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
If your cookies last for days, you need a better recipe.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And last I checked, Paul Dini was married to almost literally Zatanna, so.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

HazCat posted:

A friend of mine told me he'd been feeling depressed lately, so I went into the city early before work to buy him some fancy Kitkats from the Kitkat shop there. I thought it was a decent compromise between doing something nice but not over the top. When I tried to give them too him he refused them because he 'felt bad' that I'd gone to 'so much trouble'.

He's so depressed he doesn't think he deserves nice things. That's not a good sign.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

HazCat posted:

Yo go check on your friend tomorrow. Go physically over and talk to them face to face. Sometimes people are in a bad place and don’t believe they deserve happiness.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Barudak posted:

I have terrible news about the coleslaw recipe too.

Hahaha, as if my family served a vegetable other than broccoli, corn on the cob, or iceberg lettuce doused in salad dressing.

Cabbage?! Get the gently caress out of here with that poo poo.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ghost Leviathan posted:

And last I checked, Paul Dini was married to almost literally Zatanna, so.
It's not him - he actually is turning 61 this year so his age nearly fits, but his wife is in her 40s and also into it - but I'm really glad someone understood why I asked :shobon:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I [23F] just got dumped by my ex [21M] because I am not "academically and professionally competent" or his equal

quote:

He is a super genius at MIT and I have been recovering from depression and regret that I did not work as hard in college or study the right thing. He says I will never understand him intellectually. I gave him everything, took care of him, gave him everything I had, and he just took took took. He even put me down and treated me poorly, but I was hoping that he would improve over time. Towards the end of the relationship he did improve, and now that he is sobering up, he has become a better person with a strong social network and great prospects for the future. I feel like his trash that he is taking out. He will go on to get a better, smarter, prettier girlfriend than me and he will treat her better, and I will just be his regret. I will be damaged from this relationship because I let someone treat me so poorly and I gave him way too much, it was not an equal relationship. And he said he was breaking up with me because it would always be an imbalanced relationship and he would always look down on me because he is superior academically, professionally, and intellectually.

TLDR; got dumped by my super genius boyfriend because I am not his intellectual equal; I gave him everything I had and he took from me and treated me poorly and now that he's becoming a better person he wants to leave me.

Edit: The comments so far have been really comforting. Thank you all for caring about my well-being and supporting me! It means a lot to me, especially since I feel so lonely and down about myself. I love Reddit <3
Joke's on him, he's never becoming a better person. :byewhore:

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Monkey paw wishing to have a girlfriend that is also an engineer. Good luck dingus.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

HazCat posted:

i think it's :3:

now if every day you skipped lunch to buy him a kit kat despite his protests and complained he's hurting you by rejecting the kit kats, that would be weird

also this one was good - the guy originally said his ex was a 23/m and edited to clarify, but redditors are lemmings so a lot of the replies were HURR DURR YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS A GUY. I feel a need to note I made the editorial decision to correct the genders for readability and remove the clarification which distracted from the batshitness:

My [26M] girlfriend [23F] told me she had sex with her ex as a jokeRelationships (self.relationships)

quote:

Today i was texting my girlfriend and out of the blue she told me that she had sex yesterday with her ex. Immediately she said she was joking, i told her it wasn't funny, then again she told me he fucks good. This is when i lost it and said gently caress it im done, im not taking this poo poo. again She said she was joking and that she loved seeing me get jealous, and stopped replying to her texts. She then called me and when i picked up, i yelled at her for the first time. I told her that wasnt funny and shouldnt be joking about that. She cried and said im overreacting and if i trusted her i wouldnt have reacted this way.

After talking with her for sometime i apologised for overreacting, but its weird as i dont feel really sorry about how i felt, i feel a little bit sorry about me yelling at her and making her cry. Im mainly surprised at myself how i displayed my anger as im not usually the angry type.

I just wanted to share my thoughts and see what you guys think.. how would you feel, and how would you react if your SO told you that they cheated on you and said they were joking and only did it to make you feel jealous?

**TL;DR;** : She joked about having sex with her ex, I got mad and yelled at her and made her cry.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

dudeness posted:

Monkey paw wishing to have a girlfriend that is also an engineer. Good luck dingus.

I wonder if Blue Story is single :3:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

VanSandman posted:

Yo go check on your friend tomorrow. Go physically over and talk to them face to face. Sometimes people are in a bad place and don’t believe they deserve happiness.

Yeah, this is :redflag: as gently caress.

Caganer posted:

also this one was good - the guy originally said his ex was a 23/m and edited to clarify, but redditors are lemmings so a lot of the replies were HURR DURR YOUR GIRLFRIEND IS A GUY. I feel a need to note I made the editorial decision to correct the genders for readability and remove the clarification which distracted from the batshitness:

My [26M] girlfriend [23F] told me she had sex with her ex as a jokeRelationships (self.relationships)

She had sex with her ex. It wasn't a joke. :sever:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

HazCat posted:

It's a manipulation tactic, tell him you'll see him again when he's done being a victim.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HazCat posted:

That’s dumb tell him to take the KitKats you got for him and stop being a depressed moran.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Barudak posted:

I worked with a woman whose husband told her point blank he only wanted sons and girls would be her problem and while she was 8 months pregnant he took a solo trip to scotland and captioned himself out there as “the happiest day of my life”.

IIRC wasn't part of the "Orange is the New Black" S1 plotline that her friend's husband goes on like a kayaking trip or some poo poo while she's either pregnant or they're trying to get pregnant, then she gets pissed and fucks Piper's husband? Or am I mashing other plotlines together? I distinctly remember the husband running off to a foreign country to find himself on some recent show.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

If your cookies last for days, you need a better recipe.

Yeah what kind of goon doesn't eat two dozen cookies in one sitting?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
A lede buried so deep you'd unearth t-rex skeletons alongside it.

Brother and his wife catfished my husband

quote:

Hi. Casual Reddit user. Not up with the lingo. Will try my best. This will be long!

I (36f) met my husband (32m) when I was overseas 7 years ago. Hit it off over the best summer of my life and decided to start a relationship even though I had to leave that country in 6 months due to my Visa expiring. In the midst of "love" got pregnant then realised it was impossible to have the baby there in a hospital unless you footed the bill (10k+) not wanting to take the risk of complications of a homebirth we got married at city hall and I sucked it up and went home without him, but he would follow after getting his passport and things together. A lot of things are dodgy between us during this time though.. he had made enemies in his town including a ex partner whom he had a child with. DNA tests confirmed it was but seems like he didnt care anymore. I find a few things on my computer.. chats with other girls online, I bring it up and he says hes bored when I'm at work. I work the entire time I'm there and during pregnancy while he frits his day away on my computer and not finding a job. Alarm bells vibrate but I'm in too deep I believe.

FF to a month before child is due and he arrives here, which I pay for. We did the right things and got a partnership Visa so he could stay atleast a year. We had loads of proof and 12 months together at this point. Baby comes and life is good it seems. We are living between my dads and my grandparents who are suffering with multiple illnesses. My mother died years before and my dad is doing everything so I step in to help take care of them and a new baby and later I am to discover... a manbaby.

It's hard work. Nana has dementia, pops has parkinsons but we try our best. . Theres alot of pressure on my shoulders but i feel it's my duty to help, but they are not too bad at this point. 12 months go by and his Visa is up. We decide to go to his home country for awhile or permanently but I miss my family and living with his parents was hard, MIL criticized me about my parenting. Like telling me breastfeeding is gross and no help what so ever if we wanted a night out. We paid our way there I even loaned them money for a new car but still had to give them gas money. I also discover one month in that I'm pregnant. Now this is a surprise and a issue with me. After baby 1 we let a few months pass before having sex but he refused to wear a condom. We came to the agreement that he would pull out and I'd finish him off. I knew he wanted a son badly but I didnt know how bad until I got pregnant. Might sound like BS but he would hesitate too long before pulling out and maybe 2 times I freaked out at him. I just feel he got me pregnant on purpose especially after I told him I wanted to wait till our daughter was a bit older. Anyway after 3 months and realizing that it was harder to get residency there and we wouldn't get it in time before number 2 was due I decide to move home as I had a return ticket. He didnt have one so stayed there another few months till I could get him back here. Yes I paid again. Btw I'm not loaded but I was getting money for being a carer for my grandparents and being careful with it.

We now live in my grandparents house with a newborn and a 15 month old. I'm doing everything but showering them and we get help 3-4night a week with meals and a cleaner comes in fortnightly. Boy is it tough but my brother decides my husband is lazy and finds him a job. I actually needed his help at home (which he was helping to some degree with the kids) but my brother thinks hes the man and knows everything about our situation so husband starts shift work that absolutely ducks up our lives. Of course the money is needed but I think my sanity was more important at that time. I love my son more than life itself but resent my husband at the same time. He gets to leave the house and be a member of society while him literally left holding everything. My sex drive completely evaporates and we become like ships in the night. He spends more and more of his spare time on his phone/t.v/xbox.

My memory is shot after 2 kids and I assume it only gets worse but the last 3 years are a blur. I'm a SAHM, a carer for my grandparents but i also work part time at night because of my need to be productive and I'm burnt out. Im probably neglecting my husbands needs and wants because of this situation looking after all these people but not much I can do. My nana passes away at a rest home but was at home until a month before that. I cant forgive myself for letting her go there when she should have died at home.. and my grandfather finally gets to the point where he cant walk and I cant physically help him get around. He ends up in hospital after a heart attack and around the same time my husbands mother gets diagnosed with cancer. Within a few days she is in a critical state. NOBODY in my family will help us out with the airfares. After everything that I've tried to do for our family I get turned down. Banks and loans aren't interested either and I decide to draw out everything in my personal overdraft to get him to go over if not the 4 of us. He gets there and she dies. It's like something out of a movie.

He comes back after 2 weeks and it's around this time my brother and his wife decide to catfish him online. They don't tell me until a whole year later and after they have moved to the other end of the country from us but it goes something like they are on facebook and happen to see he has multiple profiles under his name. All of them have friends added that are half naked chicks or what not. They make up a fake profile for a 13 yr old girl and start messaging him. They also add his 18 yr old brother to make it look legit. Apparently (As they have given me no hard proof) he speaks to him on and off and he uses names like hun and sweetie etc etc and they arrange to meet up. For some reason they stop talking and they sit on this information for a year until we visit them on a family holiday and after returning home my brother calls me and reveals this all. Saying hes only telling me now as he saw how dead I looked inside and how my husband was treating our kids. How hes never liked him and that he would msg our SIL asking if she'd had a haircut, among other things until my bro told him to piss off and stop talking to her. The holiday was horrible and the whole time husband was being a jerk and acting shady, avoiding my brother and not really joining in on activities. God this is long. But anyway I'm shocked and disgusted and livid obviously. He wont move out he denies trying to met this fake person even saying he knew it was fake... um well why not come to me? Apparently he says he did mention it but I don't know. The thing is he is super protective of his phone yet questions why I have mine locked he wouldn't freely let me look if I asked. He even left me stranded waiting for the tow truck after our car broke down with no phone as he had stuff to hide I presume. Even on a recent camping trip he had the car running and his phone on charge constantly, msgs popped up from girls on the cars display he quickly replied that hes driving and pulled out the cords.

It's been a year since this happened. Hes living in the house still. Contributes financially but thats about it. We haven't slept together for a year. I want to believe him but my brother and family all know what's gone on and its a awkward situation. I'm lost and unhappy. The kids absolutely adore him yet hes not interested in playing or spending time with them unless its something he likes or wants to do. Hes here because I dont want to hurt them but its messing me up. My dads the only one living here now and hes a widower and I want to help him too so I cant leave and financially I cant afford to kick husband out as I cant get a decent job in this small town. Sounds like I'm making excuses but I do belive it's my fault for not giving him attention. I'm messed up and want advice please.

Tl;dr Brother and SIL catfished husband because they hate? him. I'm left to pick it all up after years of trying to help people and possibly neglecting my husband. Lost.
:siren:

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

Fallen Rib
"he would msg our SIL asking if she'd had a haircut"

Never been a more clear cut case of attempted grooming, I say.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Haifisch posted:

A lede buried so deep you'd unearth t-rex skeletons alongside it.

Brother and his wife catfished my husband

:siren:

Why is she staying another seconds with this red flag golem? :psyboom:

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

gotta stay together for the kids you know

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Artist's conception of her husband:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Why is she staying another seconds with this red flag golem? :psyboom:
The technical term is "terminal doormatism".

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Artist's conception of her husband:

:five:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Haifisch posted:

I [23F] just got dumped by my ex [21M] because I am not "academically and professionally competent" or his equal

Joke's on him, he's never becoming a better person. :byewhore:

What I took from that post is that the 23F is constantly telling 21M how horrible she is, how she constantly expects 21M to dump her, and all-around self-negging. 21M seems to be getting out of a poo poo place in their own life and come to the realization that 23F's vibe isn't a good fit for their recovery

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

dudeness posted:

Oh Jesus Christ

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

dudeness posted:

I know I shouldn't, but goddamn lmao

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
The dividing line between plebe chocolate chip cookies and actual good ones is brown butter.

Dont get me wrong, there are many elements that go into a great chocolate chip cookie. But if you arent even browning the butter its a sure fire sign that you are loving up.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
*Throwaway* My longtime partner pushed me to the ground, held me down and choked me. How do I proceed?

quote:

This is a throwaway, as the title leads, because my partner knowns my reddit username. This is also going to be general and non specific because I believe he follows this sub.

I (F25) moved to be with my partner a few months ago. We're seven hours away from civilization, basically. We don't have uber, cell reception is bad, and so far I don't know anyone in the area. Things have been rocky lately between him and I, but our four year relationship has generally been pretty full of joy and friendship. I am currently going back to school, so he has stepped up financially so I don't have to work. That being said, I don't have much money and certainly not enough to move back to my hometown and start over -- so bare that in mind.

Today, I got an attitude because he had been moody the night before and I just didn't want to deal with him. A reasonable argument turned into him trapping me in the bed room and when I tried to walk past him, he shoved me down on the ground and I hit the wall behind me. I retaliated by yelling and throwing a bottle of lotion at him and trying to get past him again, where he then threw me on the bed and choked me. There was a bit of a scuffle and I walked away with blood dripping from my arms because his nails dug into me so deep.

I am at a loss. I don't know what to do. I just moved up here and I feel like I'm trapped because I'm not working. I don't have a friends house to stay at and I certainly can't afford to stay at a hotel for a week. I don't know what's happening to my life.

I understand what he did crossed a line but I don't know what steps to talk to walk away.

Please be nice, this is killing me.

tl;dr *Throwaway* My longtime partner pushed me to the ground, held me down and choked me. How do I proceed?

How the gently caress do you think creating a new Reddit account on a sub you think your clearly deranged and possibly murderous partner frequents to ask what you should do is a higher priority than getting the gently caress away from this soon to be murder cabin in the middle of nowhere??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
If you read the comments, they are in an isolated cabin in the woods and he took her keys. She is out phoneposting in the woods rather than calling the police. It's either fake to worry people or he is already wearing her skin.