Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Darkrenown posted:

If you read the comments, they are in an isolated cabin in the woods and he took her keys. She is out phoneposting in the woods rather than calling the police. It's either fake to worry people or he is already wearing her skin.

It’s probably some bullshit arg for the new scary game coming out at E3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My[23M] girlfriend[29M] won’t let me eat enchiladas.

quote:

I know the title sounds kinda funny but hear me out.

My Girlfriend is a Latino who hails from Cuba whose family migrated to Singapore late 1990s. We met in university. So we have been dating for around 2 months and I really love her, she is wonderful to be around. However, recently I brought home one of my many types of favourite luxury food, enchiladas with cheese and bacon bits sprinkled on(yum).

She saw the roll of pure deliciousness and looked like she just heard me call her fat, I swear she looked so annoyed. Anyway she told me to toss it out and I was like why then she said that I was not allowed to eat Mexican food around her. I was really confused so I just did the dubious nod and said ok, I love her but at the same time I love Mexican food(mostly enchiladas but nvm).

I haven’t spoken to her since then and it has been like 3 days which isn’t normal since she normally comes to visit on Tuesdays since that is when her schedule is mostly empty and she normally texts me all the time but I think she is giving me the cold shoulder after that incident.

I think she might have bad experiences with Mexicans or something but this feels oppressive, how should I approach this?

tl;dr Girlfriend does not let me eat Mexican food for reason idk and is now ignoring me, what do I do?

(Using a throwaway since she knows my Reddit)

Edit: I meant 29F not 29M sorry

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

La Brea Carpet posted:

this lady better come to the loving table if she's going to throw down an ultimatum about enchiladas

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

La Brea Carpet posted:

He says "23M", but it reads like a teenager wrote it.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
[quote="La Brea Carpet" post="484990705"]

:sever: like, if my gf said I couldn't eat a dodgy servo pie or pound Carlton like a messy oval office, i would sever almost as hard as my previous housemates cut out new roomies who ate literally any meat other than kangaroo.
...I stayed because "gently caress yeah free Skippy means more pill money" was an acceptable answer" #Sydvegas

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

This guy’s a dumbass, but the comments just go insane.

[M30] My wife [F23] wants nothing to do with my sister [F27], how should I go about this?

quote:

So a few weeks ago, my wife[F23] and I [M30] had a really bad argument (like to the point that it was almost physical), anyway we were saying really nasty stuff mostly just insulting each other and then out of anger, I told her that she doesn't even come up to my sister's [F27] heals.

Its been almost a month and my wife has deleted my sister off all social media stating that she never wants to see her again because according to my words, my sister is better than her (my wife) so she wants nothing to do with the woman who her husband said is better than her.

Now, I was angry but I got over it, but she hasn't. She said I "disrespected" her once by comparing her to someone else and to not do it again by making her have any sort of relationship with my sister. She said I can keep contact with her and see her but she doesn't wanna see her ever again. My sister has no fault in this. what should I do?

TL;DR In the heat of the moment I told my wife that my sister was better than her so now my wife wants nothing to with my sister, the "woman" who her husband (me) sees as better. What do i do?

quote:

I just think my wife is jealous of my sister that's all. I was once admiring my sister's qualities and the words didn't come out right. I wanted to say my sister has commendable qualities but came out as ”if my sister wasn't my sister I would probably be with her" because of the good qualities she has. I know its incredibly stupid but that would never happen of course. I love my wife

I have no idea how that argument swerved to the point of ‘you’re dogshit compared to my sister (who I’d totally gently caress)!’

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Yolo Swaggins Esq posted:

[quote="La Brea Carpet" post="484990705"]

:sever: like, if my gf said I couldn't eat a dodgy servo pie or pound Carlton like a messy oval office, i would sever almost as hard as my previous housemates cut out new roomies who ate literally any meat other than kangaroo.
...I stayed because "gently caress yeah free Skippy means more pill money" was an acceptable answer" #Sydvegas

lmao

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

LadyPictureShow posted:

This guy’s a dumbass, but the comments just go insane.

[M30] My wife [F23] wants nothing to do with my sister [F27], how should I go about this?

I have no idea how that argument swerved to the point of ‘you’re dogshit compared to my sister (who I’d totally gently caress)!’

I mean if you replace 'sister' with 'daughter' it's basically Trump, so...

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Me (35m), wife (32f), friends (29f/29m) and the mystery of the missing pillsRelationships (self.relationships)

quote:

Background

I've been taking prescription Adderall for the past five years and have never had a problem with running out or running short until recently...

Three months ago I started running out of pills before it was time for my refill (I have to get a refill in person every 30 days because it's a controlled substance).

The first time it happened, in April, I was a few short and I assumed that I had messed up my appointment dates and accidentally made them five weeks apart instead of four. The second time it happened, in May, I asked my wife if she had taken any. She suggested that maybe the pharmacy miscounted which had happened to her before. I asked my doctor and he said he hadn't changed anything about my prescription and also suggested that maybe the pharmacy miscounted.

Current Mystery

When I got my latest refill on May 26th I counted and made sure that there really were 30 pills. On June 7 I realized that I only had six pills left. 24 pills gone n ten days and because I only take it on weekdays that meant that there were actually fifteen pills missing.

I asked my wife again if she knew what happened to them and she said she did not. We talked about it for a few minutes and realized that only two other people had been in our apartment since I got my refill - my wife's best friend of 7+ years and her best friend's boyfriend.

My wife raised it with her best friend that night. The best friend and the boyfriend both said they had no idea what happened.

How I Feel

So now I am in a really tough spot. In my mind the only possibility is that one of these three people stole pills from me and is lying about it.

At first my wife agreed that it had to be the best friend or the boyfriend but now she is in denial. She's saying that it had to be something else that we're not thinking of and a couple times has gotten mad that I would even accuse her or our friends.

I freely admit that there could be other explanations for a few going missing - maybe I took two by accident one day. But fifteen is a completely different story. On the one had I don't feel like it's fair to force my wife to "pick sides" but at the same time I have no other even remotely reasonable explanation.

Advice?

At this point I just feel very alone with no good path forward. My wife has written it off as it must be something else and moved on (one of her ideas was that maybe she sleepwalked and flushed some down the toilet even though she doesn't sleepwalk). I've told her how I feel and mostly have been dismissed as it not being fair to blame the friends. With no evidence I'm asking my wife to write off a seven year friendship but this is really serious to me. We used to have these people over all the time but I don't want them in my home anymore.

I have no real idea what to do. In hindsight I wish I hadn't said anything and just paid more attention to when the pills were disappearing but it's too late now. It's unlikely I'll ever get evidence. So I either need to forget this happened (which is tough because every time I think of these people now I get upset) or make some serious life decisions based on no evidence.

I am less concerned about what to do going forward - I can lock up my pills and assuming it was one of these three people I think it's likely to stop anyway. But I don't know what to do about my relationships with these three people or how to move forward.

I can provide more background if requested (for example my relationship with the friends or details about when they were over) but didn't want this post to get too long.

Additional info about the boyfriend

Someone thought this was relevant. We live in the city and the boyfriend gets his hair cut around the corner. He has stopped by a couple times to use the bathroom in the past month. It didn't seem weird to me because the place where he gets his hair cut is pretty ghetto and they have been working on the water in our neighborhood the past month and the water has been off and on at various places during the day.

tl;dr My Adderall started disappearing and only my wife and two friends have had access. Everyone denies it and I'm feeling very isolated.

Definitely the wife, IMO. Maybe the friend's boyfriend is taking them as well, but definitely the wife.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Clark Nova posted:

Me (35m), wife (32f), friends (29f/29m) and the mystery of the missing pillsRelationships (self.relationships)

Definitely the wife, IMO. Maybe the friend's boyfriend is taking them as well, but definitely the wife.

lock them up and see who gets pissy first. it will be the wife, who is stealing the addictive pills

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Clark Nova posted:

Im not falling for this again, its going to be a previously unmentioned child

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

boner confessor posted:

lock them up and see who gets pissy first. it will be the wife, who is stealing the addictive pills

Switch out the Adderall for fast-acting laxatives and see who starts uncontrollably making GBS threads first.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
^^^lol or this as long as you're not worried about some litigious fucker trying to sue you over "being poisoned" by this trap.

boner confessor posted:

Definitely this. They make little lockable hard plastic boxes for things, right? just get one of those and padlock/combination lock it. If the wife goes crazy she's a pillhead, :sever:. If not, you'll quickly find out who to cut out of your life when they come over and try to crack the container.

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥

This isn't even a joke post tho. Forgetting my aggressively ockerterian old housemates , an SO saying you can't eat this food because *otherworldly shrieking* is not a good time.
Also meat pies are golden and I will fight you?

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Yeah, my first thought is the wife. The rational thing would be to agree it must be her friend or her friend's boyfriend, not that the husband was sleepwalking and flushed them. I want to know why this guy didn't think to maybe put them in a different spot or to lock them up.

Honestly it's probably all three of them.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

La Brea Carpet posted:

She's racist. It's really common in South/Central America to be racist against Mexicans. Picture the kind of rhetoric people in the EU use to talk about Polish people. ("Hurr durr they're dumb and poor and their country's government is corrupt").

Clark Nova posted:

Get a lockbox dumbass. Also IMHO I wouldn't jump so quickly to the wife. The whole "the friend's boyfriend uses our bathroom because it's a bad neighborhood" screams :siren: junkie excuse :siren: to me.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

boner confessor posted:

Yeah, lock them up or move where you store them and you can figure this out really quickly.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
get a freaking camera for like $8

or like an off-season elf on the shelf

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

This isn't even a joke post tho. Forgetting my aggressively ockerterian old housemates , an SO saying you can't eat this food because *otherworldly shrieking* is not a good time.
Also meat pies are golden and I will fight you?

Ain't no loving way I'm getting in between a Bogan and his meat pie.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Theophany posted:

Switch out the Adderall for fast-acting laxatives and see who starts uncontrollably making GBS threads first.

Reminds me of this one, sorry if this got posted when it was new:

I left some volatile gummy bears on the desk now my co-worker wants to sue me
(self.legaladvice)

quote:

This is in Michigan. I am originally from Germany and very unsure how the law works in the United States so bear with me.

Last year I received a job offer to work as an assistant professor in the German language department at a large university in Michigan. I recently finished my PhD and was really excited to fill a research position (and possible post doc position) in the specific field I applied to.

Most of my time I give classes in German literature but additionally the university would like me to help students with writer's block so I joined an interdisciplinary workshop.

There are at least 4 people connected to this workshop and we get along fine most of the time. Sadly there is one elderly woman who made me out as a rival day one.

I do not know what provoked her but there is something about me that makes her mad. Cue the incident...I had an appointment with a student, gave him some tips and instructions and left my bowl with gummy bears on the desk.

Mind you, these gummy bears a sugar free and volatile, if you eat more than a handful you are in serious fart troubles and you will occupy the toilet bowl for the rest of your day.

But my co-worker ate the whole bowl, first she excused herself from any commitments and then she called in sick. The next day she confronted me and blamed me for the whole ordeal, that I deliberately placed those gummy bears and it was all a ploy to humiliate her.

According to her she has already informed HR and her lawyer and that I will be kicked out of the country in no time. The only thing I can blame myself on is that me and my colleagues giggled at her bowel distress signals.

Picture of the culprits: http://imgur.com/a/waKAd

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

La Brea Carpet posted:

quote:

[–]throwaway4enchiladas

[S] [score hidden] an hour ago
Idk she comes from Latin America so maybe that has something to do with it? Does Cuba and Mexico have some beef that I don’t know about?

I’m really afraid since my last 5 girlfriends broke up with me after I asked questions about their problems with my lifestyle

Dude might only eat enchiladas by the bucketful.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pick posted:

get a freaking camera for like $8

or like an off-season elf on the shelf

Only problem is the pills are being stored in the bathroom by the sounds of it and spy camera + bathroom is a real fuckin bad idea right there.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Theophany posted:

Only problem is the pills are being stored in the bathroom by the sounds of it and spy camera + bathroom is a real fuckin bad idea right there.

side hustle

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Caganer posted:

Reminds me of this one, sorry if this got posted when it was new:

I left some volatile gummy bears on the desk now my co-worker wants to sue me
(self.legaladvice)

The follow up to this was good because this person is so poo poo at explaining these are legal, normal gummies so you needed the update to figure out whats going on

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Barudak posted:

The follow up to this was good because this person is so poo poo at explaining these are legal, normal gummies so you needed the update to figure out whats going on

The LA Beast did a pretty good explainer video.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Admiral Ray posted:

Dude might only eat enchiladas by the bucketful.

Ill be on the first float at the Enchilada Pride Parade

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Pick posted:

side hustle

"These aren't the piss tapes you're looking for"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Ill be on the first float at the Enchilada Pride Parade

actually the cardiologists come in first at the enchilada pride parade

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Barudak posted:

Yeah, though personally I think this person played up the "super logical german" angle in a unique twist on "playing dumb".

I mean, she put a bunch of gummies in a candy bowl she seems to insinuate sometimes also held non-assblast-inducing candy.

It's a dick move to empty the bowl but I think she knew this person was a dick, predicting the dick moved, and did their own dick move - a double dick move!

quote:

We are still in Michigan. I had a ... I guess a fruitful conversation with HR yesterday.

My co-worker and I had separate interviews yesterday, no blaming, just telling what happened and how our workplace could be improved on in the future.

I make it quick, her side of the story looks like this: "HerbyCastle deliberately placed sweets laced with laxatives in the commonly shared office space to make me and other people sick"

My side: "I forgot my bowl with gummy bears which I gladly and generously share with everybody in my department, not assuming that anybody would eat the whole bowl of sugar free gummy bears"

That would be an Argumento ad common senso I assume in legal terms.

I even brought an original german gummy bears packet with me to prove that I didn't mean any harm. (true story though, my pants had been, were and and have been shat during the last couple of days and that without any laxative gummy bears...I hope these tenses fit)

Hard to believe but we talked during lunch yesterday and made up. She is a nice lady in fact but had issues with food allergies in the past.

And I would love to just close this story with a "we reconciled and everything was fine" but there was another mayor bit of a WOW!-moment in the room when I learnt that both hostile co-worker and me have already been put under "scrutiny" (HR words) by another assistant professor who had also had joined in our workshop project. Is this loving Game of Thrones?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

La Brea Carpet posted:

She's racist. It's really common in South/Central America to be racist against Mexicans. Picture the kind of rhetoric people in the EU use to talk about Polish people. ("Hurr durr they're dumb and poor and their country's government is corrupt").

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I like the update nonchalantly including that the OP also randomly shits their pants. Like, big woop I says to HR. We all shits in our britches every once in a whiles, mean gad, Im doin it now

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Barudak posted:

I like the update nonchalantly including that the OP also randomly shits their pants. Like, big woop I says to HR. We all shits in our britches every once in a whiles, mean gad, Im doin it now

I wonder which goon posted the story

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
True story though, my pants had been, were and have been shat during the last couple days

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

Theophany posted:

Ain't no loving way I'm getting in between a Bogan and his meat pie.

I am neither a he, or a Bogan.
But I did secure my room at the aaliyah-vegan house after the kangaroo-eaters by doing lines off a gravestone then taking them all to an emo club so you would actually probs wanna go me
And I guess it's obvious that I read this thread to feel better about my garbage self

Yolo Swaggins Esq fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Jun 12, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I (19M) took her (19F) out and I thought we were getting together and then she picked up another guy right in front of me

quote:

We've been best friends since we were toddlers. We ended up being each other's first crushes even. Since then we've gone on and off again for a while.

Just over a year ago I got dumped by someone else and as I was post-breakup venting she confessed that she still had strong feelings for me. I said that while I still cared for her, I needed some time to be alone and work on myself.

Fast forward a year. She had been in and out of a few relationships (nothing major) and I had been keeping to myself. One night we stayed up late and eventually the conversation turned back to our feelings. I said that I still had feelings for her and she said the same, but nothing happened.

So a few days after that we went out (Not romantically) and as we sat down for a show, she immediately asked me to switch seats because she thought the guy next to me was cute. I thought she was joking but she ended up on that side anyway. As the show ended, I saw she was literally picking up the guy. I was honestly too stunned to even react, and she kept looking back and asking if I was alright and if we were good. She had never been the kind of person to do something like that. We left and she spent a lot of that night texting him.

It's been almost a week and we haven't talked. I tried texting her yesterday but she never responded. I guess I want advice on what to do, if I misread all of this, and if it's worth pursuing a relationship with her. While I do really care about her, I'm not sure I can deal if she's acting that way.

TL;DR - I took a girl out when I thought we were finally getting together when she literally picked up another guy right in front of me. Now we haven't talked in a week.

EDIT: When I said non-romantically I meant we weren't specifically on a date. We had been talking as if it might become one though.

EDIT: So it's late and I didn't proofread and left out an important part. I DID ask her out- it was the night we stayed up talking. She promptly said that she had feelings for me, but she didn't really know.

I wonder how charitably he's describing their relationship as "off and on".

Barudak
May 7, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

I (19M) took her (19F) out and I thought we were getting together and then she picked up another guy right in front of me

I wonder how charitably he's describing their relationship as "off and on".

You sound gutless OP? Do you have a yellow streek a foot long on your back? Because sounds like you aint got the gumption to be what a woman wants

A CRAB IRL
May 6, 2009

If you're looking for me, you better check under the sea

MrQwerty posted:

I saw Sleep last night and that is a band that just released their first album in almost 20 years on 4/20/18.

Those old dudes are at the top of their craft, and any young person would do good to try and be a master like them.

Uhhhh if Sleep (and I do love them very much) wasn't the actual easiest and most copyable music in the entire world then maybe you'd have a point

Buy a baritone, drop your bottom string one note, put it through a fuzz pedal / old amp turned up as loud as possible, move your index finger up and down the neck really slowly, throw in the occasional minor pentatonic, done

It's even easier to rip off and play than Nirvana

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

And I guess it's obvious that I read this thread to feel better about my garbage self

I thought we all did?

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

Barudak posted:

That, like every poop or fart story makes me think of that guy in e/n who was lactose intolerant and violently farted all day every day and had a work fridge full of cheese like it ain't no thang.
Sexond favourite e/n, after blue story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder

Caganer posted:

Cuba is in North America.