Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Ziv Zulander posted:

For a little history on the IPA, they got popular in England as a cheap beer during the time of the east India company. The reason they were cheap was because the fastest way to get from India to England was by sailboat, which meant that they would invariably get skunked on the long trip over. So, to cover the foul taste, they loaded them with a poo poo ton of hops.

not true - it doesn't make much sense to ship lovely beer across the world. also, the beer was brewed in england, not in india, for english drinkers (but also the export market), and there were other kinds of beer that were shipped long distances without getting skunked. brewing beer is really easy so there's no reason to ship beer across the globe if it goes rotten, nobody would choose rotten beer over fresh local beer - in fact, some bottle or cask aging (but not too much, like, less than a few years) makes beer better

the brewery that started brewing this kind of extra hoppy beer was located near the east india company docks and so became popular with that crowd enough to become associated with them, and then when other breweries started copying the brew to get in on that market they just called it "india style beer"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I wish I got drunk more easily because I resent the calories

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
When an American talks about drinking "a" beer, how much beer are we talking here? pints? Halves? 330ml cans? And how big is an American shot? a couple of 12 oz tinnies of 4% is a bit different than 6 pints of 7%. Though even in the first scenario you're exceeding your weekly recommended limit if you do it every day (yeah it turns out that even what's thought of as pretty light drinking isn't great for you)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fatkraken posted:

When an American talks about drinking "a" beer, how much beer are we talking here? pints? Halves? 330ml cans? And how big is an American shot? a couple of 12 oz tinnies of 4% is a bit different than 6 pints of 7%. Though even in the first scenario you're exceeding your weekly recommended limit if you do it every day (yeah it turns out that even what's thought of as pretty light drinking isn't great for you)

A shot is 1.5 to 2 ounces. "A beer" is usually a 12-ounce can or bottle, though at a bar it can also mean a 16-ounce pint.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Whatever you can scoop out of the liquor trough with your cupped hands is considered a shot in America.

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Oh good now this can be the "let's talk about insanely tedious beer trivia" thread to fully replicate the experience of dating a craft beer hobbyist.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fatkraken posted:

a medical Standard Drink of beer in the us is 12 oz or 355ml, and that is the typical serving size of "a beer" though you often see 16 oz/1 pint/473ml servings as well as this is a more traditional bar serving. 3 pints = 4 "drinks"

one standard drink in austria is 2.5 standard drinks in the uk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_drink

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

chitoryu12 posted:

I (16F) want to disobey parents (48M/F) for the first time.

I'm sorry you saved how much at 16

Get her an account.

Holy poo poo this lady has my parents. They ended up calling the police to file a missing person's report one time since I was out of the house at 9PM and forbid me from visiting my friends throughout high school after that incident. It was in freshman year and they let up in senior year after college applications went through.

Also same re having a poo poo ton of money. I didn't have 10k but usually had a few thousand in checking throughout high school. It's surprising how quickly things can add up when you spend your breaks on internships and aren't really allowed to spend it. Like no buying food when you go out since you never go out and buying leisure items is being a Disobedient Child which is a Big Deal in traditional "filial obligation is everything" SE Asian families.

Arbitrary Coin fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jun 14, 2018

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

boner confessor posted:

a medical Standard Drink of beer in the us is 12 oz or 355ml, and that is the typical serving size of "a beer" though you often see 16 oz/1 pint/473ml servings as well as this is a more traditional bar serving. 3 pints = 4 "drinks"

one standard drink in austria is 2.5 standard drinks in the uk

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_drink

We have units, they're good because they let you compare different sized drinks with different alcohol content, and they now have to be printed on the bottle/can, I think for multi serving containers like a bottle of wine the label is required to state the amount per serving (with the serving size) AND the total amount in the bottle because they know a lot of people will just polish off the lot in a single sitting. One unit is 10ml of ethanol.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Baronjutter posted:

Some people react real bad to certain drinks and they smell loving awful, specially when they're already a borderline alcoholic.
Like growing up if my dad ate any seafood or shellfish and drank too much he'd have this awful stale-beer and rotting fish smell for DAYS so we had to pretty much ban him from that combo. Other people get this sour disgusting smell every time they drink to excess but certain drinks are worse than others for them.

A lot of this has to do with your personal gut microbiome. If ya want to smell nice, give your gut bacteria a rest by fasting from all calories 1-2 days a week.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

I found a new subreddit to mine...

I (20/f) checked my SO's old fb conversation(4 months ago), found him (20/m) claiming that 'he chose the single life more recently'.

quote:

Edit: It's six months instead of four months ago!

I have to let this off my chest. Or I need advice of people, to decide if I should talk to him about this.

We're both in our early twenties. Nevermet, not officially together. Last month, I randomly brought up the idea of exchanging password. He refused. Plainly just afraid of me getting angry about his old flirty conversation. I asked, only because I want him to prove that he trust me. Stupid perhaps.

He explained why not, and quoted a conversation of him and an online girl, he sent her <3 in their farewell, she sent him one of course. He told me, he only sent her one because she had sent him so many hearts before, and he never replied any back, so in order to not be rude, he sent her one first for that time. I got so mad at this, and got into a big fight, he cried, I get over it. Then we made up, talked about not to send anybody <3 anymore.

I checked his facebook conversation again this evening, we talked about this, and think checking conversation or whatever is fine(or we never say anything is not fine as long as I don't use his account to do anything, just watching). I know, I know. I am overly attached or need some helps. The thing is I found an old conversation(last september) of him and this girl, whom he told me, he is no longer into. He used to like her a lot.

He sent her heart first and etc, fine, I am not angry about that anymore only because the conversation didn't happen back to that time. Anyway, she told him that she broke up with her boyfriend, he was being nice and sent her 'I hope you're okay <3'

Fine fine, no angry. THEN, she asked him, how's he or what's new. He actually replied 'I've chosen the single life more recently in case you haven't noticed..'

That happened on last September. LAST SEPTEMBER? GIRL, YOU MUST BE CRAZY FOR BEING SO OVERLY JEALOUS! But back to the September, he already was committed to this relationship and we're so sure that we wanted to be together already!

He will tell girls he meet online that he's taken but not those few old online friend girls of him. He seems like he just doesn't want to get himself off them market.

To be fair, I've suggested him to date other people for many times, not being jealous or anything, just honestly think it's the best for him, especially suggesting him to date that girl. But he said he didn't want to.

Do I talk to him about this? Like when do we tell people we're taken, and when do we not. Because I feel like he's still on the market, whereas I am not, which is really unfair for me, and I couldn't find the balance point. I just don't understand.

He might think I am ridiculous. Perhaps I am. Sometimes I just don't know where I stand. I just want to run away.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

My Imaginary GF posted:

A lot of this has to do with your personal gut microbiome. If ya want to smell nice, give your gut bacteria a rest by fasting from all calories 1-2 days a week.

yeah just don't eat a couple days a week, problem solved! :rolleyes:

you need to learn to troll more subtly

My father [54/M] asked to bring his cheating GF [45?/F] to a fathers day get together my wife and I had planned for him.Non-Romantic (self.relationships)

quote:

Hello everyone. So I am 27 years old (so is my wife) and my dad is 54. My wife and I had invited him down this Saturday for an early Father's day celebration. It was just going to be us 3 and we were going to grill out food and go see a cheap movie. I was really looking forward to it until yesterday afternoon. You see my dad has known for a couple of weeks now about my invite and did not say any word to me about anyone else coming until yesterday. He calls me and started out our conversation like this "Hey do you mind if I don't stay the night Saturday and do you care if I bring someone else along?" I told him I was just planning on it being us but he then said that it was unfortunate I felt that way. He wouldn't tell me who it was but I guessed it was his girlfriend that he supposedly was no longer with (or so I thought).

Shes at least a few years younger than him (not entirely sure) and she barely speaks English so that would already make it awkward because I can't speak Spanish. To make matters worse they have broken up multiple times and she has been cheating on her husband with my dad off and on for over a year now. She claims he is abusive but won't leave him and seems content to use my dad for money and nice things.

He proceeded to try to make me feel guilty about the whole thing like I was being mean to him. I told my dad I wanted nothing to do with her and that this was just supposed to be a father's day celebration. She wasn't originally invited and I had no idea until yesterday that my Dad was planning this. He tried to blame it on me and call me judgemental but, I digress. Its very rude to invite someone I have never met nor have any desire to meet to my apartment during a fathers day celebration I planned. I basically told him that it was either him coming alone or not at all.

It has really been hurtful towards me honestly to feel like she is more important than what I had planned for my dad. He's considering cancelling the plans and just not coming at all because his GF isn't welcome. I told him to do whatever he's got to do but I am honestly angry and saddened by the whole ordeal.

I guess my question here is am I wrong to not want her around me at all? He has not yet told me his decision, but I feel like he is choosing her over me and he already knew how I felt about her. Am I just prolonging the inevitable here and I am being judgemental or was my father wrong to request this meeting? Should I be more open minded here or stick to my guns and stand my ground on what I believe is a moral and personal issue I have with his situation?

Thanks!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hughlander posted:

I found a new subreddit to mine...

Well? Spill the beans!

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Hughlander posted:

Last month, I randomly brought up the idea of exchanging password.

:whitewater:

this isn't some kind of new thing the young folks are doing is it? i have never and will never give my passwords to any woman i date and i don't expect her to give me hers

vvvv oh god i missed that

goethe.cx fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jun 14, 2018

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

goethe.cx posted:

:whitewater:

this isn't some kind of new thing the young folks are doing is it? i have never and will never give my passwords to any woman i date and i don't expect her to give me hers
Sure but what about a woman you're not dating and have never met?

quote:

We're both in our early twenties. Nevermet, not officially together.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I (22M) am traveling japan with my best friend (21F) and i am scared to tell my feelings for her.

quote:

We go a long way back, and i discovered this year that the feelings that i have for her never existed with my previous relationships.

I always saw her as my best friend, nothing more, until we started working together and saving for japan, and i couldnt keep on lying to myself.

We often joke around that we are like an old married couple and just thinking about that makes me happy. Because i know that our relationship would not be build on lust, or wealth or anything like that, it would be because we would be perfect for each other.

She doesn't know any of this, since i have been keeping all my feelings cropped up for the past halfyear because i do not want to destroy our friendship. I care about her deeply.

I am the extravert and she is the introvert, so finding signals if she likes me like that too are rare, but they sometimes occur. She told me once that people should be friends for a very long time before they should start having a relationship, or that she wanted to find someone with the same values as her to build a healthy marriage with, while we were having a conversation about divorces and stuff like that.

I am typing this at 3:00 nighttime, because once again i cannot get any sleep because of this. She is perfect and the pressure of me loving it up is so high that i can't even be myself around her anymore because i do not want her to find out. If you have any toughts or advices/experiences, please leave them in the comments. I'll try to get some sleep in the meantime.

TL;DR i am travelling japan with my best friend and i have developed feelings for her. I'm clueless on how to tell her without bringing our friendship in danger.

EDIT: I am not planning on telling her during the trip, since i don't want to ruin the vacation, i just want to make these two months the best of my life.
This won't end awkwardly at all.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

Well? Spill the beans!

Boyfriend lied about being a virgin

quote:

I'm a 20 year old woman from Canada currently dating a 20 year old man from the US. We both met online, and we're pretty early in our relationship. I met him about a month ago, and we've been together for about 3 weeks now. He's my first boyfriend, and since we're thousands of miles away, it takes quite a bit of effort to maintain, as well as a lot of trust.

The reason I decided to date this guy was because we're both in to the same online right-wing political movement (a very niche movement, so it's hard to find people in real life who are in the movement here in Canada) and we're both interested in getting married in our mid-20s and having at least 5 kids. He supports my goal of eventually leaving my current full-time career once I have children to become a stay at home mom, and he also supports my desire to not have PIV sex before marriage. He also supports my desire to homeschool any kids we have.

Even though we've only been talking for a month, we've both fallen head over heels for each other, despite the fact we've never talked over Skype and only through text chat and swapping selfies of each other. We've spent up to 10 hours chatting with each other over Discord. He's currently in university and lives with 8 other people in a dorm, so he hasn't had the opportunity to have a facetime with me since he's always being interrupted by drunk roommates.

We've both told each other "I love you" and since we have so many compatibilities, both in our love of romantic gestures, and in our long-term goals and politics, it was hard not to fall in love with him. Before we started dating, I asked him a lot of questions up-front to determine we were compatible and he was a good guy. Long-term goals, about children, how he wants to raise any children, his views on circumcision, discipline, schooling, as well as what his family is like, his childhood was like, and about his sexual history. He told me he had dated a few girls online, but had never met them in real life, so he was still a 100% virgin. He told me he'd never kissed a girl before.

I'm the same way, I've never dated anyone, so I'm still a virgin.

When we were having a chat today, he let it slip that he had met one of his exes in real life back when they were dating. This then prompted the question of how it was possible that he'd met her and how he hadn't kissed her. He then admitted he had kissed her, and upon my asking if anything else beyond that happened, he shut down and said he was uncomfortable talking about it. This was a major red flag for me. It really broke my heart, not that he had an ex he'd slept with, but the fact he lied about being a virgin.

I was contemplating breaking up with him right then and there.

He told me the reason he lied was because he had only broken up with his ex of a year 2 months ago and that he felt it was "TMI". He said he wouldn't want to know about my sexual history either, and that he feels the past is in the past. He told me it wasn't personal, that he wouldn't have told any girl he's dating about his sexual past.

My problem wasn't that he "didn't bring up" his sexual history, but that he lied about it. He explained that he wanted to make me feel that we'd share the experience of my first kiss better if I thought I was his first too. I'm really confused as to what to do now. I consulted my brother (he's my best friend) and he told me to simply take some time to think and let my feelings settle, and realize there are other good men out there I don't have to be in an online relationship with who also want to have a large, traditional family, who also want to homeschool their kids and want a homemaker wife. He told me it's good I discovered this red flag only a month in to the relationship since some people find it out 5 years after marrying someone.

My boyfriend told me this is the only thing he lied about, and mainly because he doesn't like talking about past relationships. I don't know if I can trust anything he says now since this is such a big lie. But at the same time, besides this lie, we were so compatible.

Want to homeschool kids Anti-spanking Anti-circumcusion Right-wing Want to get married in mid-20s and have at least 5 kids Health-conscious and exercise regularly He's going to a good university to get a degree that will give him a great job His parents are still together, a good sign He's well off from a upper-middle class family We both don't smoke or do drugs like weed Willing to wait until marriage for PIV sex

He's also incredibly romantic, amiable, and just generally makes me feel like a million bucks when I speak to him. I just don't know whether he lied because he made a mistake and didn't want to hurt my feelings, or because it's a red flag he's immature and will lie again AKA I should break up with him.

I'm really confused right now. Is his lie grounds for breaking up with him?

UPDATE: He broke up with me two days later because he's taking his ex back.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Haifisch posted:

I (22M) am traveling japan with my best friend (21F) and i am scared to tell my feelings for her.

This won't end awkwardly at all.

just do it how they do in the animes

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Hughlander posted:

quote:

Want to homeschool kids Anti-spanking Anti-circumcusion Right-wing Want to get married in mid-20s and have at least 5 kids Health-conscious and exercise regularly He's going to a good university to get a degree that will give him a great job His parents are still together, a good sign He's well off from a upper-middle class family We both don't smoke or do drugs like weed Willing to wait until marriage for PIV sex

Yikes. No wonder he went back to his ex.

Well, that and being in an ‘LDR’ for three weeks and dropping I love yous.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

chitoryu12 posted:

I (32F) love drinking IPA beer. My husband (32M) of 3 years says that it makes my skin smell and won't be intimate with me when I drink. I think he's just making excuses and doesn't find me attractive and won't be honest.

Description of my drinking problem almost exactly. Found an awesome off-licence in my youth that had trappist beers like Westvletern 12, russian imperial stouts, oak-aged beers that looked and smelt like petrol, limited edition IPAs for €18 a bottle, beer laced with viagra, etc. The cost limited me to a few a night, but led me to necessitating a high abv, then going "gently caress it" and buying a 8 pack of 6%+ cans. The owner cried when me and my friends left. She'll be drinking box wine in a few years due to the expense.

goethe.cx posted:

just do it how they do in the animes

Praying for this with an update.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Hughlander posted:

Right wingers don't deserve happiness.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Hughlander posted:

:allbuttons:

This makes my skin crawl

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

chitoryu12 posted:

I (32F) love drinking IPA beer. My husband (32M) of 3 years says that it makes my skin smell and won't be intimate with me when I drink. I think he's just making excuses and doesn't find me attractive and won't be honest.

I agree, IPAs suck.

5 or 6 IPA's is a fuckin' lot, god drat.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I [21F] want my boyfriend [20M] to break up with me because I can’t bring myself to do it.

quote:

I’m on mobile so pardon my formatting. We’ve been dating for about 3.5 months now. He’s smart, kind, funny, mature, etc. but I just don’t have romantic feelings for him. I did in the very beginning but now I just feel like we’d be better off as friends. The problem is that he is very VERY into me. He has strong romantic feelings. I know the mature, responsible thing to do is to just end it. I would just rip the bandaid off but his birthday is in 2 weeks. I don’t want to be the girl that breaks his heart right before his birthday. I also don’t want to do it right after. I feel horrible. He’s such a sweet guy and I have absolutely no reason to give him other than “I just don’t feel a spark” I’ve been on both ends of a breakup and this one sucks more. Should I do it now? Wait until after his birthday? Or should I just suck it up and see if I ever feel that spark?

Tldr: my bf is super sweet but I need to end it because I don’t feel a spark. Do I do it before or after his birthday (2 weeks)?

EDIT: Thank you everyone for your responses. I really appreciate all the advice. You all just told me what I already knew but just needed a push. I ended it. I’m upset but I feel like a weight has been lifted. I messaged his brother to check in on him for me. I know he’s not the type that should be alone right now. I care very deeply for him and I want him to know this is for the best.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Admiral Ray posted:

5 or 6 IPA's is a fuckin' lot, god drat.

With people that drink that much on the reg, the body starts to ‘sweat out’ some of the alcohol through your pores. If she’s doing 4+ IPAs per night, she probably does start to reek.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Please help me?

quote:

We've nevermets who have been dating for 2 years, (Him: 18 Me: 21) we don't skype or call--mostly just text messaging and skype chatting due to issues about webcamming (we still send each other pictures of each other a lot though!). My friends/family don't know about this relationship, so I have to keep these things bottled up which has been extremely hard and is why I can't skype with him.

These past two-three months we've been having a hard time. We're both in college, but he had to drop out due to financial trouble in December. We've been arguing a lot since then, and I have to say that I've been very cruel, calling him names and being downright mean, taking my stress on him whereas he was always supportive and reconciliatory even though he's been depressed and overworked. I also told him that if we met irl, I would need atleast one or two more years to become comfortable hugging him (I only said it because I was angry tbh..) but he got very upset about that, saying he didn't need sex, just wanted to be able to hold me and thought waiting one more year after meeting me just to hug me was too much. It finally reached a point about 3 weeks ago that he asked for a break for me--that he needs time to think, and that he would feel better if we weren't dating so that he would be okay with not hugging/cuddling when we first meet.

Finally he revealed to me he developed a crush on a girl at work (he started working there in Jan) and asked her out when we went on our break. She said no, though he said she liked him, but she had a boyfriend (and she knew he had a girlfriend). She also had to quit work, so he doesn't see her anymore and is not in contact with her at all. Sidenote, he said that she looked exactly like me, and she was kind and sweet, etc.

Now that he's told me, I'm pressuring him to move away from there and move up to where I live. But he's broke, and it's impossible, and he also said he still likes that girl so he doesn't know what to do. He wants to keep being friends with me, and says I'm extremely important in his life and that he still loves me.

I'm ignoring him right now, but I still want to be with him. He's unwilling to move to me, and says he wouldn't be able to make a choice between me and that girl if it came down to that. Please help?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Is this a whole subreddit of people who are "dating" but have never met?

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
[25F] My husband [25M] wants all attention on him at all times and if he doesn’t get it he responds with giant tantrums

quote:

My husband and I have been together a long time and have known each other since we were kids and he’s always wanted all attention on him but it’s been getting worse over the years and I’m over it. We can be sitting on the couch doing nothing all day and he has nothing to say and the moment I pickup a phone call or something he instantly has something so important to tell me and I tell him to hang on then he goes into a huge tantrum and talks about how I never pay attention to him, this happens a good 4 times a week.

When his son comes over, He’s a kid so I cut up his food and stuff like that or I take him to go get ice cream. My husband will give me the silent treatment then eventually be like “go hang out with your new best friend!” “You never cut my food for me or take me out to ice cream”. Most guys are mad that their wife is mean to their kids but not him, he’s mad that “I pay more attention to his kid than to him” his kid comes over maybe once every 3 months for a few hours.

He does the same thing with the dogs too, “you say hi to the dogs when you get home. You never say hi to me!”

Then he’ll be really mean to them because it’s like he’s jealous but I just can’t comprehend how he can be jealous of dogs or his son When he has these tantrums, they range from ignoring me to crying to breaking things. And I’m so sick of it Anyone else have this? Or have any solutions?

tldr

My husband gets mad the second I do anything other than give him my undivided attention, he has tantrums and they range from ignoring me to breaking things. I’m sick of it Anyone else have this happen? Any solutions?

quote:

He works from home, so that’s not a thing. But if someone ignores him somewhere he has a fit because he says it’s a disrespect. He’s always done that though so it’s nothing new. For example going to a doctors appointment and it’s at 1:00pm and it’s 1:02 and they haven’t attended him, because you know how doctors offices are he will make a scene and then leave. That Is a little more understandable because they’re not honoring their appointment but he never did stuff like that outside of those scenarios before.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Not quite but yeah. I glanced through and it's like shooting fish in a barrel.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

There are literally dozens of them.

NihilismNow
Aug 31, 2003

boner confessor posted:

if she's clearing 4 a night ("i drink between 1 and 4" is alkie code for "i drink 4") then her tolerance is probably up there, but more than a couple hoppy beers in a night on the reg is going to give you that persistent drunk funk

What? Hops is not psychoactive is it? Shouldn't matter if you have 4 shots of vodka or 4 beers.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

La Brea Carpet posted:

[25F] My husband [25M] wants all attention on him at all times and if he doesn’t get it he responds with giant tantrums

your husband is literally a baby

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pick posted:

I wish I got drunk more easily because I resent the calories

Yeah same. My fave beer is 330 calories per 12 ounces and it makes it super annoying to drink because it tastes so good.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Caganer posted:

also gently caress "craft" beer in general, most of the craft beer bars i go to often think hops=good and have no decent stouts or porters.

I'm also a dark beer guy and it'd be completely impossible to find a good one besides Guinness basically anywhere if it weren't for the American craft beer revival so you should thank your lucky stars for it even if people do still love IPAs way more than they should :colbert:

Admiral Ray posted:

Yeah same. My fave beer is 330 calories per 12 ounces and it makes it super annoying to drink because it tastes so good.

The best imperial stouts are basically infinity calories, come in giant bottles, and are very much a sometimes drink

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I know nothing about beer, but I had this last week and it was delicious.

Usually I don't drink anything that doesn't include pineapple juice, but it was free and the other two were bleh. One was an IPA so I'm assuming that I hate those.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

loquacius posted:

I'm also a dark beer guy and it'd be completely impossible to find a good one besides Guinness basically anywhere

But they can only seem to pour it right at craft places :(

loquacius posted:

The best imperial stouts are basically infinity calories, come in giant bottles, and are very much a sometimes drink

Speaking of sometimes drinks, I had a bar next to my subway stop that served Delerium once.

I did not drink it sometimes

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

andrew smash posted:

With this and the one from slate a while back with the horse faced lesbians and their live-in schlub cat feeder i can only hope this is the dawn of a new age of people writing about their shameful sex lives on national platforms

Yet another way furries were just ahead of the curve.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

I know nothing about beer, but I had this last week and it was delicious.

Usually I don't drink anything that doesn't include pineapple juice, but it was free and the other two were bleh. One was an IPA so I'm assuming that I hate those.

Everybody hates IPAs except the people who have convinced themselves they love them for unknown reasons (machismo?)

but yeah doppelbocks are basically German stouts so obviously they are fantastic, good find

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ham Sandwiches posted:

The "don't tell the aspiring author their writing is actually mediocre so they can improve or find something else" method of conflict resolution

This so hard. I wrote full time for 10 years, as a profession. I'm not great, the only reason I succeeded came from people giving brutally constructive criticism and me attentively listening.

If you have an ego, don't be a writer. It's just completely incompatible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

Everybody hates IPAs except the people who have convinced themselves they love them for unknown reasons (machismo?)

Cmon, I see your posts, you're much better than "people who like thing I don't like are just dumb."

The real issue is that strong hops have a shelf life of 30 days before starting to taste stale. When I buy IPA I look on the bottom of the cans for the brew date, it's the difference between "bleh" and "good lord my taste buds and sinuses are exploding in joy."