Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that autistic pisshouse lady's story is completely made up. Nobody hits that many Reddit bingo squares. I mean seriously, a poly woman into DD/lg who is agoraphobic with BPD and autism with an autistic daughter peeing all over the house naked is just too much.

Theres no way someone would not have called CPS on this poo poo show considering there's kids gawking at her through the windows every day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

LadyPictureShow posted:

Well, she believes in astrology. Pack it up friends

Says here she was born under a cursed moon and a rare spontaneous constellation that spelled UR hosed

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

dudeness posted:

Is there a male equivalent of this job? Asking for a friend.

Computer Janitor. In fact, it's easier and more overpaid

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that autistic pisshouse lady's story is completely made up. Nobody hits that many Reddit bingo squares. I mean seriously, a poly woman into DD/lg who is agoraphobic with BPD and autism with an autistic daughter peeing all over the house naked is just too much.

Theres no way someone would not have called CPS on this poo poo show considering there's kids gawking at her through the windows every day.

I don't know, poo poo can be hosed. I wish there was some way for CPS to get involved, or gently caress, someone just call the cops on them, get the kids out.

Here's one thing I can't wrap my head around: I was groped/touched once or twice by my brother when we were kids, he thought I was asleep and freaked out when I hit him. Just those few times were enough to turn my stomach and I can't imagine ever, ever doing that to another person. But maybe it's different if it's a parent or uncle, someone who has power over you, and it happens enough that you internalize it to be an okay thing. You don't remember how it made you feel, or you justify it. Given enough time, I guess you can justify anything.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Panfilo posted:

I’m not sure, I think she might have made up/exaggerated some things, but her post history is extensive, goes back over 9 months, and is fairly consistent.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Can we put some thread classics in the OP?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I'm [24 F] on vacation without my boyfriend [33 M] because he missed his flight. Would it be wrong to live it up and ignore him for a few weeks?

My boyfriend is often late, and it's started to really get on my nerves. I've started to feel like his mom, reminding him to get dressed and get going, and asking him did you remember to bring everything?

Planning and coordinating stuff comes naturally to me, and I don't mind it sometimes, like when planning a trip for my friends, because they make it easy for me and they're reliable. But with my boyfriend, I often mentally make backup plans in case he's late. Like planning on taking a bus to the concert (but if he's late, I'll call an Uber)

We were going to go to Australia together, and I did all the work of getting plane tickets, finding stuff to do there, booking a hotel, even giving my boyfriend a packing list because he seemed pretty unprepared.

Just over a day ago, we were both going to make our own ways to the airport, since I had stayed over a friend's house the night before. I got there really early and popped some motion sickness pills for the (20 hour!!) flight.

(Edit - before I boarded the plane, I texted and called him asking when he was getting there)

When the flight was boarding, I got on the plane because I wanted to make sure I got an overhead compartment for my carry on. I kept expecting my boyfriend to come running at the last minute, but he didn't make it. I'd already put my phone in airplane mode because we were asked to by the flight attendant, so I couldn't text or call him.

At my layover, I checked my phone and my boyfriend had texted and called a lot, saying he was running late, asking where I was, asking what to do, asking if I was on the flight, assuming I wasn't on the flight, saying he was at my apartment, asking again if I was on the flight.

I texted him saying I was at my layover, and asking if he'd arranged another flight, since airlines are usually good about getting you on a later flight if you miss yours.

I didn't get a response by the time I had to board the next plane and shut off my phone.

I landed and I was dead tired, but I called my boyfriend on the way to my hotel. He was upset I left without him, he didn't know he could have gotten another flight later, it wasn't his fault he was late, there was traffic and the TSA lines were long, etc.

I was so fed up, I'd told him to get there early but I guess he has a different idea of early than I do. He asked what he should do, and I said he should figure out a way to get here if he wanted to ,but I wasn't spending my vacation trying to coordinate his travel because he hosed up.

He basically blamed me for not giving him a ride to the airport, if he'd been with me he would have been on time because I'm good at that stuff.

He was basically mad that he spent thousands on the flights, hotel, tickets for stuff for us to do together, and he wasn't there. (FYI we split costs exactly, I booked everything, and he wrote me a check for half, that I've since deposited.)

Is it wrong for me to just turn off my phone and go have fun? I'm so fed up with him acting like a child. I can deal with him in a few weeks when I get home I guess.

I've got both his copy of tickets and my own, because he wanted me to keep track of them, so I was thinking I could see if any other lone travelers I meet want to hang out.

TLDR - My boyfriend was going to come with me to Australia for a vacation. He was late like always and missed the flight, then he didn't think to try and get on another flight

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I'm [24 F] on vacation without my boyfriend [33 M] because he missed his flight. Would it be wrong to live it up and ignore him for a few weeks?

My boyfriend is often late, and it's started to really get on my nerves. I've started to feel like his mom, reminding him to get dressed and get going, and asking him did you remember to bring everything?

Planning and coordinating stuff comes naturally to me, and I don't mind it sometimes, like when planning a trip for my friends, because they make it easy for me and they're reliable. But with my boyfriend, I often mentally make backup plans in case he's late. Like planning on taking a bus to the concert (but if he's late, I'll call an Uber)

We were going to go to Australia together, and I did all the work of getting plane tickets, finding stuff to do there, booking a hotel, even giving my boyfriend a packing list because he seemed pretty unprepared.

Just over a day ago, we were both going to make our own ways to the airport, since I had stayed over a friend's house the night before. I got there really early and popped some motion sickness pills for the (20 hour!!) flight.

(Edit - before I boarded the plane, I texted and called him asking when he was getting there)

When the flight was boarding, I got on the plane because I wanted to make sure I got an overhead compartment for my carry on. I kept expecting my boyfriend to come running at the last minute, but he didn't make it. I'd already put my phone in airplane mode because we were asked to by the flight attendant, so I couldn't text or call him.

At my layover, I checked my phone and my boyfriend had texted and called a lot, saying he was running late, asking where I was, asking what to do, asking if I was on the flight, assuming I wasn't on the flight, saying he was at my apartment, asking again if I was on the flight.

I texted him saying I was at my layover, and asking if he'd arranged another flight, since airlines are usually good about getting you on a later flight if you miss yours.

I didn't get a response by the time I had to board the next plane and shut off my phone.

I landed and I was dead tired, but I called my boyfriend on the way to my hotel. He was upset I left without him, he didn't know he could have gotten another flight later, it wasn't his fault he was late, there was traffic and the TSA lines were long, etc.

I was so fed up, I'd told him to get there early but I guess he has a different idea of early than I do. He asked what he should do, and I said he should figure out a way to get here if he wanted to ,but I wasn't spending my vacation trying to coordinate his travel because he hosed up.

He basically blamed me for not giving him a ride to the airport, if he'd been with me he would have been on time because I'm good at that stuff.

He was basically mad that he spent thousands on the flights, hotel, tickets for stuff for us to do together, and he wasn't there. (FYI we split costs exactly, I booked everything, and he wrote me a check for half, that I've since deposited.)

Is it wrong for me to just turn off my phone and go have fun? I'm so fed up with him acting like a child. I can deal with him in a few weeks when I get home I guess.

I've got both his copy of tickets and my own, because he wanted me to keep track of them, so I was thinking I could see if any other lone travelers I meet want to hang out.

TLDR - My boyfriend was going to come with me to Australia for a vacation. He was late like always and missed the flight, then he didn't think to try and get on another flight

This guy is 33! 33!

On one hand it's kind of cold to tell him he's on his own, but on the other hand she's clearly had enough of his poo poo and he's a loving adult. Who leaves the airport after missing your flight without trying to figure out how to get another flight? It's hard to imagine getting on a plane without my wife when we're supposed to travel together or her doing that to me, but neither of us are worthless children that don't know how to get to the airport on time.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe
Holy gently caress how in the jesus do you make it to 33 goddamned years old and suck at life that hard? And why the gently caress would you want to be a young 20something dating a literal manchild?

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Dude is 33 he should know how an airport loving works

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Why the gently caress are all these 20 somethings dating men in their 30s(40s/50s) who never learned to be adults?

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
These are really common aren't they? Decade apart partners and one is as much use as a chocolate teapot. I find it hard to decide who is worse though: the moron who can't do basic life stuff or the moron who can't tell they're worthless and dump them. It's like asking reddit "hey, it's raining, should I go inside?"

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
i hope she finds an awesome vacation buddy to have a rad time with and maybe bang

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
It would be wrong to live it up and ignore him for a few weeks

when you have the perfect opportunity to ignore him FOREVER!

:sever:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fatkraken posted:

It would be wrong to live it up and ignore him for a few weeks

when you have the perfect opportunity to ignore him FOREVER!

:sever:

Yeah, this

This is def worth breaking up with him over but she shouldn't treat it like a temporary hall-pass

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
Girlfriend [24F] gets crushes easily/frequently and needs to tell me about them. They're giving me [25M] extreme anxiety and I feel on edge all the time.

quote:

Our relationship is otherwise great. I love her with all my heart, but this one issue is slowly killing me.

So my gf gets crushes extremely easily and frequently. Maybe 1 serious crush every couple months (and several small ones inbetween) and they can last a while. She tries to do the right thing and tells me about them, but the frequency of these crushes are absolutely killing my self-esteem and mental stability.

The last one was on her coworker, who she works closely with on projects. She told me she has a crush on him and wanted us to talk about it together. We did and then she would text me sometimes during the day when she was particularly "crushing" on him or whatever. Her motive was always good. She said she wanted to keep me in the loop so I know she doesn't want to actually do anything, but still, it hurts.

It's gotten to the point where I get anxiety attacks whenever I see a missed call from her during the day (which is usually when she "confesses" to harboring another crush). It's absolutely unsustainable and I feel like I'm losing my mind slowly. I've talked to her about this but she gets really upset. She thinks she's doing the right thing by telling me, but she doesn't seem to understand that it still hurts me.

I also feel extremely on edge whenever I hear her mention anything to do with an old crush because I fear her developing a new one. She gets mad when I tell her this because she says she should be allowed to have friends and she doesn't want to feel controlled by my fears. I get her logic but I feel like I've been broken somehow and now I can't help my emotional responses. What can/should I do to make this go away?

Tl;Dr: Girlfriend gets crushes very easily and frequently and needs to tell me about them every time. It's given me extreme anxiety and feeling of dread every time I'm near her or see a missed call/unread message. What can I do to make this feeling go away?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TyrsHTML posted:

Why the gently caress are all these 20 somethings dating men in their 30s(40s/50s) who never learned to be adults?

Because they're young and all the dudes in movies are old dudes dating 20somethings so it seems normal. They just end up with older dudes who act as immature as they expect from dudes closer to their age, I guess.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Patrick Spens posted:

Girlfriend [24F] gets crushes easily/frequently and needs to tell me about them. They're giving me [25M] extreme anxiety and I feel on edge all the time.

hey babe, just wanted to keep u in the loop to know I'm totally staring at my coworker and daydreaming about making out with him, this way you know I'm not actually doing it haha, ok, glad everything's out in the open now xoxo

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Ouhei posted:

This guy is 33! 33!

On one hand it's kind of cold to tell him he's on his own, but on the other hand she's clearly had enough of his poo poo and he's a loving adult. Who leaves the airport after missing your flight without trying to figure out how to get another flight? It's hard to imagine getting on a plane without my wife when we're supposed to travel together or her doing that to me, but neither of us are worthless children that don't know how to get to the airport on time.

There was a good story not too long ago about a couple going on holiday and found out at the airport the wife had forgotten her passport. They agreed wife would go get it and take the next flight out, but she actually just went home and sulked that he had "abandoned her".

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I like this OP and foresee great things for her after she ditches the deadweight. God drat people who can't be bothered to show up on time for things piss me off.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I kind of wish I could relax like that. I've only recently been able to convince myself that I don't need to be AT the airport 3 hours before boarding. Better factor in an extra half hour in case there's bad traffic. And another 15 minutes in case the taxi's late.

What do you mean the check-in counter doesn't open for another hour?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

spite house posted:

I like this OP and foresee great things for her after she ditches the deadweight. God drat people who can't be bothered to show up on time for things piss me off.

If someone is constantly late they are both a moron and an rear end in a top hat and everyone in their life should :sever:

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

Everytime I read a story about someone who constantly runs late I can't figure out how they can find work. They'd be fired so often I figure word would spread not to hire them.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Beachcomber posted:

I kind of wish I could relax like that. I've only recently been able to convince myself that I don't need to be AT the airport 3 hours before boarding. Better factor in an extra half hour in case there's bad traffic. And another 15 minutes in case the taxi's late.

What do you mean the check-in counter doesn't open for another hour?

Any time I travel, I’m always so paranoid about getting there too late, I end up just twiddling my thumbs for like an hour and a half. I’m going to Istanbul for a conference on the 25th, and I started freaking out yesterday about ‘Oh poo poo, have you seen my black blazer?!’

One of my old labbies missed our flight to Amsterdam, but he isn’t a moron like that OP’s boyfriend, and got a ticket for the next flight out. He was dumb on the fact that we were waving him over and telling him to get in the security line with us, and he just said ‘Nah I’m okay!’

E:

duck trucker posted:

Everytime I read a story about someone who constantly runs late I can't figure out how they can find work. They'd be fired so often I figure word would spread not to hire them.

I know some people who work in video editing, and each works on their own thing solo; so their bosses don’t really give a plop what time they get into the office, so long as they put in their 8 hours.

There are also people that are strict about getting to work early/on time but dick around on everything else. My mom was so bad at that, my dad would tell her something started an hour before it actually did, because she knew she’d take forever.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jun 15, 2018

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

LadyPictureShow posted:

I’mma make it up to you all!

Is it unfair of my (25f) boyfriend (27m) to not let me cocktail waitress at a strip club?

‘I don’t have a degree, but my time is too valuable to work for minimum wage!’

the only reason i'm saying that this is a repost is because last time around everyone agreed that this woman is going to relapse hard, probably slide into prostitution, and the boyfriend is aware of this

"i had a drug problem that i handled four years ago and i've been sober, except for this other drug problem which i tackled two years ago except i had a relapse six months ago. but i DEFINITELY wont do drugs when i'm working in a place full of drugs, alcohol, substance users who encourage each other to relax and use, and i get paid nightly in wads of cash"

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Panfilo posted:

If her husband groomed her into a relationship specifically because she's a mess who didn't have strong ties with other people it makes a lot of sense, sadly.

EDIT: There's a lot of super gross people who fetishize vulnerability and helplessness, soooo.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 15, 2018

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
While we're talking about horrible traveling manchildren, I know a couple who missed their flight because the guy wouldn't put down his tendys. Like they got to the airport with some amount of time to spare, and sat down at an airport restaurant and ordered. Their flight was boarding . . . boarding all classes . . . boarding last call . . . and he was still BUT IM NOT DONE WITH MY TENDYS

They have since undergone a conscious uncoupling

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Anne Whateley posted:

While we're talking about horrible traveling manchildren, I know a couple who missed their flight because the guy wouldn't put down his tendys. Like they got to the airport with some amount of time to spare, and sat down at an airport restaurant and ordered. Their flight was boarding . . . boarding all classes . . . boarding last call . . . and he was still BUT IM NOT DONE WITH MY TENDYS

Lol if this were a Reddit post I'd think it were fake, what the hell??? Like I've certainly embarrassingly brought food on the plane before but I can't fathom this.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
gently caress you Barbara I finish what I start and I started these drat chicken tenders and by God I AM going to finish them.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Anne Whateley posted:

I know, we all miss Tuvix

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Lol if this were a Reddit post I'd think it were fake, what the hell??? Like I've certainly embarrassingly brought food on the plane before but I can't fathom this.
If I'd made it up, I would've made her spineful enough to say "I'm not even eating, you have your tendys but I'm getting on the plane," but she did not.

In fact she made a facebook post about it, pretending to be super cheery and find it adorable, like "this is what happens when you adventure with such a free spirit who's so good at being in the moment!!!"

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Maybe they were really good tendies

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Just put them in your pockets

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
My[25M] SO [38F] can't keep a job and is driving me crazy.

quote:

I have been my my SO [37F] for a little under 2 years now. I feel like she is starting to bring me down. Over the last 2 years she has been through about 6-7 different jobs. She cannot seem to hold one down for more than 6 months. She walked out of her last job because she couldn't get along with a co-worker. She recently landed another job at the local theatre, but now she's having second thoughts because she does not want to work in concessions. Now the main problem: I AM LITERALLY PAYING FOR EVERYTHING. She landed a job about a year ago but walked out after 3 weeks cause her boss "disrespected her", and "made her feel like a child."

She has been in and out of Jobs ever since then.

She CANNOT support herself. I am paying for all her food, I payed for her rent, and I am driving her all around town to help her get a job. She literally has no money in her Account. IF it wasn't for me, should would be homeless like she was before she met me.

I have easily given her over 2,000$, probably closer to 3K$ over the last 2 years.

I told her the other day,"I cannot keep paying your bills for you, I gave you 300 dollars last month to help cover your rent."

When I told her that, she completely FLIPPED OUT and screamed at me, "OH WHAT NOW, YOUR KEEPING TALLY ON HOW MUCH YOUR GIVING ME OR SOMETHING??? ARE YOUR TRYING TO MAKE ME FEEL GUILTY OR SOMETHING?!? IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN YOUR HELP WAS CONDITIONAL THEN I WOULD NEVER EVEN BOTHERED FOR YOUR HELP!"

I even talked one of her friends about it , she said you need to tell her to start contributing of walk the gently caress out.

I am just at a loss now...I can't keep doing this...I work 50 hours a week making a little above minimum wage and am paying for my college education out of pocket...I want to finish but if she keeps doing this to me then its never gonna happen...

TL;DR: SO cant keep a job, I think she is starting to take advantage of me and my money and is starting to expect me to pay for her things...

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Sugar babies are supposed to be younger than you.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

La Brea Carpet posted:

My[25M] SO [38F] can't keep a job and is driving me crazy.

This guy knows drat well what he has to do, why even write a post about it

new boot goofin
Jul 23, 2007

like school in july
A 23 year old 'sugar daddy' shacking up with a 35 year old literal homeless woman, who could have foreseen such disappointing circumstances

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Anne Whateley posted:

If I'd made it up, I would've made her spineful enough to say "I'm not even eating, you have your tendys but I'm getting on the plane," but she did not.

In fact she made a facebook post about it, pretending to be super cheery and find it adorable, like "this is what happens when you adventure with such a free spirit who's so good at being in the moment!!!"

Yeah to be clear that was meant in contrast to you posting it - I believe you! Though you just made the story 10x more sad even given the ultimate happy ending. I can only imagine her dark thoughts while typing that.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Anne Whateley posted:

That's loving depressing.

Patrick Spens posted:

If there really was nothing to worry about she wouldn't need to tell you about it dude.

What the gently caress do these calls/texts even look like?

:j: : Hey honey, so I just had a meeting with Ben and I couldn't stop eye loving him the whole time, his rear end just looks so good today"
:saddowns: : Uh okay, glad you only eye hosed him
:j: : Right?! I'm such a good girlfriend! Anyways I'm gonna go daydream about him taking me in the storage closet, see you at home!"
:saddowns: : "Okay, Love y..."
:j: : click

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.

HOT BREAD! posted:

A 23 year old 'sugar daddy' shacking up with a 35 year old literal homeless woman, who could have foreseen such disappointing circumstances

I'm guessing she was the first woman he'd ever touched.