Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

jivjov posted:

I dunno, with two separate continuities, and things that have appeared in both, I think marking which I'm referring to would be useful. Maybe I should spoiler tag the mark?

Maybe [SPERGENDS]?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Nah, I don't see the need to be ableist about it.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

How dare Jivjov try to discuss Star Wars books in this, the Star Wars books thread?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Please don't respond to trolling shitposters.

Not emptyquoting.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

if you really care about Watiti being 'woke' then I don't know why you'd want him to make more movies for the disney corporation.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Besides, Waititi already directed a subpar homage to Star Wars.

That is a cruel and unfair thing to say about the final episode of Flight of the Conchords

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

A human heart posted:

if you really care about Watiti being 'woke' then I don't know why you'd want him to make more movies for the disney corporation.

probly cos you enjoy em??

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
What are Mandalorians in canon now, anyway? All I know out of them is "cool armor" and that's it.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Schneider Heim posted:

What are Mandalorians in canon now, anyway? All I know out of them is "cool armor" and that's it.
Watch a dozen very boring cartoon episodes and find out.

tl;dw clannish warriors, briefly pacifist

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Ironically enough, I find the multiple contradictory statements about what defines a Mandalorian to be one of the reasons they're a relatively fleshed out faction in Star Wars. It's not like Hutts or Twileks, which amounted to "gangsters and Orion Slave Girls with tentacle heads". The Mandalorians can't decide on what they want to be, so you get dozens of clans at each others throats. You have space celts, space Mongols, space pacifists, space Game of Thrones, space Mercenaries, and space farmers and industrialists all rolled into this one mishmashed society that accepts all species and is really only unified in their visual aesthetic.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
They will never occupy the most elusive niche of all: Space Well-Written Characters.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

isnt vector prime the first autobot or something?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

punchymcpunch posted:

isnt vector prime the first autobot or something?

You might be thinking of Zeta Prime, who was one of the early Primes, but not the first.

FYI, deepdiving into the Transformers lore is a trippy experience. Yikes.

edit: Oh, wait, poo poo, Vector Prime apparently is a thing. He was a guardian for the creator of the Transformers, Primus. So you were close. I had no idea there was such a huge history for Transformers.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Jun 13, 2018

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

" He's so old that in many timelines, the locals have called him "the First Autobot".[3]"

whoa i guess im a local!

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
about 2/3rds through Leia and it's really good. Claudia Gray is easily the best of the Disney EU authors.

It was kinda distracting that she wrote young Holdo as basically Luna Lovegood though.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Muppetjedi posted:

Claudia Gray is easily the best of the Disney EU authors.

Talk about damning with faint praise.

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012

Talk about damning with faint praise.

What’s your favorite Star War?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Flash Gordon.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y--MuIgwfQ4

Lurken
Nov 10, 2012

I think Buck Rogers was better

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

my little sister is playing kotor for the first time :3:

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Excerpt from Thrawn: Alliances, and exclusive cover for SDCC

Lead Psychiatry
Dec 22, 2004

I wonder if a soldier ever does mend a bullet hole in his coat?
The arms looking the way they do, I thought Thrawn's head was on backwards.

Bulkiest Toaster
Jan 22, 2013

by R. Guyovich
They need to make a cool Snoke novel or something.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
What will the prose be like?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

What will the prose be like?

Chandleresque.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Seems like the X-Wing Virtual Machine Project is moving right along. It's an open source port of X-Wing that pulls assets from your legit installation of the game and lets you play it in Unity with high def graphics. Laserschwert, who's pretty well known for the Lucasarts poster project and writing some guides on how to rip the soundtrack from you KOTOR installations wrote some dynamic music for it. They're eventually planning to get Tie Fighter running in it as well.

Lead Psychiatry
Dec 22, 2004

I wonder if a soldier ever does mend a bullet hole in his coat?

Casimir Radon posted:

Seems like the X-Wing Virtual Machine Project is moving right along. It's an open source port of X-Wing that pulls assets from your legit installation of the game and lets you play it in Unity with high def graphics. Laserschwert, who's pretty well known for the Lucasarts poster project and writing some guides on how to rip the soundtrack from you KOTOR installations wrote some dynamic music for it. They're eventually planning to get Tie Fighter running in it as well.

That looks amazing and the only thing I could hope for is they've fixed/removed the problems with flying along axis points in all four of the games.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

Sounds like a great new star wars book.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Of all the changes in the new movies, I think the one that bums me out the most is the loss of the Imperial Remnant. Condensing over a decade of continued warfare into the battle of Jakku was a bad idea.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-7-iK1FLE8

The Clone Wars Season 6.5 is back.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Oh gently caress yes.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
gently caress yes!

While I really enjoyed Rebels, it lacked the oomph that clone wars did. Watching the ghost crew get out of increasingly ridiculous situations unscathed grew old, as compared to The mandalore arc or Pong Krell loving up a bunch of clones.

VaultAggie fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 19, 2018

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Like I said in the RLM thread I feel this is damage control for Solo underperforming. These episodes were already voice acted and mostly finished by the time the Disney buyout canned the show. With the underlying animation rigging already done getting the texture painting and SFX finished wouldn't be that time consuming. So this is probably an olive branch to try and appease the clone wars fanbase and other die hards, because Disney really does not need to air these episodes. They have Resistance coming out this Fall, so they're not hurting for star wars cartoons. This is fan service pure and simple. I'll take it because even with my misgivings about The Clone Wars it is nice to see it get finished.

Oh and they're a carrot and stick to draw people to Disney's streaming service.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Arcsquad12 posted:

Oh and they're a carrot and stick to draw people to Disney's streaming service.

It's more this than anything else.

It's the same thing Netflix did with the "last" season of the show to promote it when the series first appeared on their service.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'd guess they're going to do the Bad Batch episodes. The Netflix exclusive episodes were kind of meh, so hopefully they're planning on going out on a high note.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Make the yuuzhan vong canon. :getin:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I honestly have no idea idea what normal people (i.e. moviegoers who have productive lives so don't s pension all their time either gushing or grousing on the Internet) think of Star Wars. If I was just going by the Internet I would assume it just wasn't liked at all any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

VaultAggie posted:

Make the yuuzhan vong canon. :getin:

id be amused if the Vong were mad canon again and the whole conflict happens during space between 6 and 7 and then no one ever mentions it again.