Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Mordiceius posted:

oh god

If the Gold Saucer implemented a clicker game. I would be into that.

I am unironically more interested in that conceptually than nearly all of the side content added since 3.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Where that blitzball at though

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Let us queue for dungeons as crafters/gatherers and give us a ten minute time limit to construct a gobbie death machine to flatten the dungeon for us.

homeless snail posted:

Where that blitzball at though

These, but unironically.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
blitzball loving sucks and I suspect everyone who wants it in xiv hasn't played ffx in a decade or more

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Implement blitzball but keep the glitch where running into your own goal causes the AI to lose it

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Add blitzball but you have to follow other players around and watch their games for several hours before you get to play

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Implement Blitzball but make it like the FMV at the start of FFX.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Leal posted:

Implement Blitzball but make it like the FMV at the start of FFX.

And make it unskippable.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

blitzball loving sucks and I suspect everyone who wants it in xiv hasn't played ffx in a decade or more
I replayed FFX last year and blitzball is SICK

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

cheetah7071 posted:

I still think they need to have Blitzball in the vein of like the Football Manager games that are always insanely popular on steam. Have Blitzball seasons that are 3-4 months with weekly rewards and what not. That would be loving cool imo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

I still think they need to have Blitzball in the vein of like the Football Manager games that are always insanely popular on steam. Have Blitzball seasons that are 3-4 months with weekly rewards and what not. That would be loving cool imo.

We had something like that in X-2 and it was terrible.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Wait, does everybody hate Hullbreaker Hard? Are you part of the wrong Grand Companies?

Banjo Kaczynski
Jul 26, 2016

watch as I pass you by
implement blitzball but it's the mario party version

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Hullbreaker Hard gates you harder than Swallows Compass, a dungeon everyone complained gated you hard for the first half.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Don't get me wrong I think "former pirate hideyhole converted into national training facility" is a neat concept, but man is it slow.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Weirdly, I kind of want Chocobo Hot and Cold if we get another minigame.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

We had something like that in X-2 and it was terrible.

Yeah, but that's a single player game.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Failboattootoot posted:

Are you saying nobody just rode out their normal tomes instead of grinding arf? Because I absolutely did and only a complete imbecile would have done otherwise.
:same:

Gruckles posted:

Make more trials for side content.
:same:
Trials is the best thing this game has for just logging in and doing a fun thing with good music for 10-15 minutes. Normal raids are similar, but they will sometimes turn into a tranwreck with pubbies, but most trials can be pulled off as long as one healer knows what they're doing, especially these days since there's no more permadeath for getting kicked off the platform.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just add all mini-games to the Gold Saucer, no cherry-picking any. Snowboard with ladders, Blitzball, both playing and team-managing. Jump the Rope returns. Chocobo Hot & Cold returns. Dodge the Lightning returns. Fort Condor returns. Even the stupid submarine game returns.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Stomping on the mountain to keep your body temperature at a nice 37

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Elentor posted:

Just add all mini-games to the Gold Saucer, no cherry-picking any. Snowboard with ladders, Blitzball, both playing and team-managing. Jump the Rope returns. Chocobo Hot & Cold returns. Dodge the Lightning returns. Fort Condor returns. Even the stupid submarine game returns.

I’d rather kill myself than ever do that again.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

So I just did a run of Ridorana Lighthouse (and got the minion finally :dance:) and I couldn't help but notice that Yiazmat kept aiming his "Like a knife through butter!" thing at me.

Does he aim towards whoever is nearest to a wall? Because every time he did that, I was directly on a wall in anticipation of moving just slightly out of his hitbox.

Note Block posted:

I couldn't even complete it. Whoever came up with the mini-games in X is some kind of sadist.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Note Block posted:

Come on now, FFXIII is bad but not that bad.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Stomping on the mountain to keep your body temperature at a nice 37

Also, getting lost at a misty icy field while the camera randomly rotates.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Elentor posted:

This, but it's a really angry Lightning from FFXIII-3 trying to knock you out.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also let's not forget to include FFX chocobo "racing". Whoever decided that the result only counted if the timer was less than 0:00, not less than or equal to 0:00, was a real torturer whose only joy was to crush other people's dreams.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ultimately, what I'm saying is: Add all the mini-games of each Final Fantasy patch-by-patch. Watch the price of benzodiazepines skyrocket once we reach FFX.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Elentor posted:

Don't spoil the next stage of the relic quest. Legit though I would not mind in the slightest if some of the older minigames showed up in the saucer, as long as they paid out appropriately.

Pic unrelated, I just liked a glam I saw in the saucer.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I can't believe Triplecast is only a 60 second CD.

Mother of God, two more levels and I'll be able to cast four instant Flares back to back if I pop an Ether and Convert.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Cabbit posted:

Mother of God, two more levels and I'll be able to cast four instant Flares back to back if I pop an Ether and Convert.

Welcome to the joy of being a Black Mage. Time it right and you can pull off Foul -> 4x Flare -> Foul and watch your numbers go through the roof.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Cabbit posted:

BLM fuckin' rules.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Cabbit posted:

Is there an ether this tier that gives you enough mp to cast another flare?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Max ether.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
They also just added a Super-Potion and Super-Ether that restore 4800HP and 1840MP.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

TheHeadSage posted:

Welcome to the joy of being a Black Mage. Time it right and you can pull off Foul -> 4x Flare -> Foul and watch your numbers go through the roof.

Ugggh I'm going to have to level both Black Mage and Bard, aren't I

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

They should add triple triad to this game ha ha. People would play it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Someone walked up to me and challenged me to a triple triad match yesterday, I had to pretend like I was AFK until they went away.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

homeless snail posted:

I had to pretend like I was AFK until they went away.

I know that feeling

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

Control Volume posted:

They should add triple triad to this game ha ha. People would play it

Lately I've been running around playing against NPCs since I haven't really ever done that and it's been really fun honestly! I can't say I feel any draw to play against other people but even just doing that has been enjoyable.

I always feel like the game isn't deep enough (which makes sense given its origin) but I'm not sure what you'd do to make it more interesting without turning it into something terrible, or a straight up MtG/Hearthstone style thing (which is not what this game needs at all)

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
Every now and then I remember there's two different MOBAs built into 14 at this point and you know if we're getting more Eureka instead of more Rival Wings maybe Eureka doesn't suck that hard after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Make them steal the entire design of duel of champions from Ubisoft