Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

this is the joke for those who missed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Rat
Jan 15, 2008

I've made a psycho call to the woman I love, I've kicked a dog to death, and now I'm going to pepper spray an acquaintance. Something... I mean, what's happened to me?

Son of Man posted:

I just reread the op and realized this thread was a joke. is this what my grandson calls 'getting owned?'

These threads always start off as jokes and then somehow become serious before devolving back into jokes. To be honest, it's what makes these dead, gay forums tolerable to me. Without the jokes and taking the piss this poo poo would be insufferable.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

The Dennis System posted:

My point is that openly hating all men is now socially acceptable among enough liberals that it can be published in a leading paper.

Just go to loving 4chan goddamn

You're loving garbage

Why even waste your time spewing poo poo here

Everyone hates you

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Yeah it’s really cool how much positive discourse “black lives matter” brings up. Like who gets to debate that side, and what criteria do they use to justify human existance?

I'm not sure what you're saying because of your perfect sarcasm. Are you saying that it's a good thing to interrupt non-racists to tell them that they are racist?

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

The Human Crouton posted:

Are we counting people who asked stupid questions with their hands on their hips as protesters? Or only people that yelled poo poo?

Either way, I'm voting for the "Black Lives Matter" couple because they did it forever, had really dead eyes, had to memorize only three words, and their protest had nothing to do with the subject or speaker.

Coin person gets second place because at least that person didn't stand up and annoy her neighbors as much.

I’ll accept it. What do you want me to draw?

Docahedron if you can give a better answer I’ll also draw something for you thanks

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I’ll accept it. What do you want me to draw?

Docahedron if you can give a better answer I’ll also draw something for you thanks

A gay wedding cake fighting a straight wedding cake. You choose the arena and winner(a tie is okay).

Numberwang
Sep 2, 2016
This is the best thread in the history of GBS and I definitely read every single post.

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

The Human Crouton posted:

A gay wedding cake fighting a straight wedding cake. You choose the arena and winner(a tie is okay).

Commie NedFlanders has issued a correction as of 06:44 on Jun 24, 2018

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Son of Man posted:

I think what has indeed changed is technology and speed of communication. most people with internet access have already seen these political debates played out time and time again. people aren't very patient with stupid and outmoded viewpoints anymore.

:yeah:

Mugsbaloney
Jul 11, 2012

We prefer your extinction to the loss of our job

Any boisterous young altrighter would do well to read this quality piece of writing - an attempt to examine the actual credentials and merits of Ben Shapiro. Its by far the most intelligent thinkpiece I've read about him. https://static.currentaffairs.org/2017/12/the-cool-kids-philosopher

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

if you don't stop calling the nazis nazis, ill have to become a nazi to defend their important right to freely make nazi speech, which they can't if you call the nazis nazis - BO, very soon

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

conservative thought is entirely based around retroactively justifying gut-felt emotional prejudices

ben shapiro and his fellow grifters entire grift is using debate club words to make themselves look like intellectuals, and by bothering to debate them actual intellectuals are just validating the grifters assertion that they are intellectuals.

it's a lot easier to sell 'blacks are lazy and gays are degenerate quod erat demonstrandum' to people than it is to just sell 'blacks are lazy and gays are degenerate' on its own.

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING
A lot of people who are very concerned about the "alt left" and scary fringe leftists like to assert that only ten years ago, they would have been considered leftists themselves. Yes, and eighty years ago, thinking that black people shouldn't be allowed to live next to you but not personally wanting them to get lynched would have been considered left wing. Accept that actual left discourse has left you behind and you are a republican, and either get in line with real leftists or get in line for the guillotine

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
A small but incredibly vocal portion of the 'left' (really mostly centrists) genuinely are insufferable fuckups and PR disasters mostly because they have no sense of priority or proportion and throw fits about dumb poo poo like manspreading, gendered language and tits in video games. And most of the remaining ones are currently stanning themselves to death for Hillary Clinton on twitter.

But the 'intellectual alt-right' take literally everything they complain about their opposition doing and do it a hundred times worse, without even the base of a genuinely good cause to go on instead constantly trying to obfuscate and dress up their utterly reprehensible and thoroughly debunked, defeated and fully exposed as nothing but murderous evil 'ideals', and consist literally entirely of fuckups and walking disaster areas making asses of themselves on twitter and trying to murder people at 'rallies' with full support of the cops and still running home crying the moment a masked person punches them. They're swakista snowflakes to the last pale, pudgy man.

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
I only read about half this thread, but I saw some snippets of the usual solid indisputable criticisms of the video in the OP. “Fascist siren call,” “it’s pointless to debate nazis,” “their ideas are dead,” I get it man. I’m in. It’s cool.

Which page had the video where one of the intellectual web of colour guys is on stage debating someone and getting taken down? Is there a reference of all the talk shows where someone refutes all their terrible, incorrect opinions? Is there a youtube channel? Any good links???

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

kickascii posted:

I only read about half this thread, but I saw some snippets of the usual solid indisputable criticisms of the video in the OP. “Fascist siren call,” “it’s pointless to debate nazis,” “their ideas are dead,” I get it man. I’m in. It’s cool.

Which page had the video where one of the intellectual web of colour guys is on stage debating someone and getting taken down? Is there a reference of all the talk shows where someone refutes all their terrible, incorrect opinions? Is there a youtube channel? Any good links???

no

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

buddhanc posted:

Just go to loving 4chan goddamn

You're loving garbage

Why even waste your time spewing poo poo here

Everyone hates you

You are such a weak snowflake that you can't handle even one person on a forum you read having a different opinion than you. How can you even make it through life being so weak? Some day you are going to have grow up and enter the real world, and when you did you're going to encounter people who don't believe the same things you believe. You've got to grow up and nut up before you leave your mom's basement you absolute coward.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

You are such a weak snowflake that you can't handle even one person on a forum you read having a different opinion than you. How can you even make it through life being so weak? Some day you are going to have grow up and enter the real world, and when you did you're going to encounter people who don't believe the same things you believe. You've got to grow up and nut up before you leave your mom's basement you absolute coward.

you don't have to be threatening to be unpopular

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

You and Blazing Ownager invented an entire cadre of strawmen to bash at ineffectually for the last 15 pages in an attempt to feel better about being ridiculed for having internally inconsistent world views. Each time you two felt cornered, you retreated to a corner to jerk each other off about how "the left" calls everyone Nazis that disagree with them. You won't actually read any of the genuine posts sent at you, instead focusing on people responding to you with a heartfelt "gently caress you" when you trot out what is basically the same right-wing propaganda that we've been hearing for the last 20-odd years regarding education as an example of the breakdown of civil discourse.

As Son of Man said earlier in the thread, nobody wants to spend the time or effort to sit your rear end down and educate you because you aren't in a position to be educated. You spend your time being defensive or constructing entire armadas of imaginary foes to contest when, in reality, you could probably come to a reasonable conclusion if you did any amount of research. We sure as hell aren't going to spend the mental brainpower to pick apart the same arguments we've seen time and again, it's tiresome.

Most of what you've asserted is false, and you won't own up to it for some strange reason.
- "The Left" is not carte blanche labeling people Nazis. The idea that "the left" is a monolithic entity that does that sort of thing is absurd. When we are discussing "the alt-right", it's the neofascist movement that refers to Spencer and his ilk. There's a lot of alt-right adjacent beliefs, but no one on this dead gay comedy forum actually believes all conservatives are Nazis. You're just making an rear end of yourself every drat time you say it.
- You are being labeled, not a nazi, but as a limp-dicked centrist for being for "moderate, sensible" change in the face of injustice. You've had MLK quoted at you, you've had Spencer quoted at you, hell, you've even had Hitler quoted at you describing how direct, active action in the form of protests is necessary. You can disagree with someone's opinion, but how can you ignore history entirely?
- You mentioned that some of the IDW has workable ideas worth reading about - if you could link some of these articles that aren't just whining about their relegation to the dark web due to being their own unmarketable selves, feel free.

That might be the root of the issue between the left and the right wing when it comes to appealing to the white 20-something males that make up Trump's base. The message is roughly the same from both sides - you've been blessed with something by the very nature of your skin color, be aware of it and do something with it. The left doesn't feel obligated to educate them with respect to a message that most people don't want to hear and calls for radical change. The right is all together too willing to provide endless justifications for their superiority and is calls for people to do nothing. The easier path for your average disaffected Jacks of this world is to keep that gravy train rolling by simply doing nothing.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sestze posted:

- "The Left" is not carte blanche labeling people Nazis.

Hahaha. It's crazy seeing delusion in action given this very thread.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Blazing Ownager posted:

What delusion? The dudes chanting "blood and soil" at a rally and beating seven shades of poo poo out of a black dude in a parking garage are Nazis. Atomwaffen are Nazis. TWP are Nazis. The alt-right are Nazis.

Conservatives, by and large, aren't Nazis. The problem that we're finding is that the inaction regarding or tacit acceptance of these fringe groups by the republican party is loving everything up

You said that you were left-leaning except on free speech. You never had a good answer to the point that, on the grounds of the first amendment, the right wing is not having its speech silenced, not even its fringiest parts. Freedom of speech does not guarantee a freedom from consequences, nor does it guarantee a platform. Them being shouted down isn't the destruction of free speech at all.

What bothers me about all of this (besides the "heh ur delusional" dismissal) is that you truly value their input, as if reaching across the aisle in this particular case is going to bring anything new to the table. Destiny, a gaming streamer on twitch, hosted multiple debates with alt-right dickbags in the past and eventually had to stop because the effect wasn't the destruction of their ideology or any sort of self reflection. It was bad faith arguments, bad statistics, tag-team argument strategies and transparent calls to action through and through. For the people who weren't interested in what the fascists were selling, it didn't hit at all. For the fascists who were watching, it was legitimizing their movement in their eyes. For the final 20% of people who were on the fence? They were peddled a dream.

We're talking about the same sort of people that infest furry groups or fandoms that isolate individuals who seem to be alone or outcast, and provide them with an ideology. The IDW and ironic racism is seen as a gateway to get these dudes in polos and khakis come time for the RaHoWa. It's documented, they set out their strategy for everyone to see. They're not in the business of debate, they use it as a tool to manipulate the weak.

Sestze has issued a correction as of 12:30 on Jun 24, 2018

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
we are indeed discussing alt right political discourse on the dark web, Nazis are definitely gonna come up.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

Do you realize that you are carte blanche labeling everyone on 'the left' while being mad that people are carte blanche labeling Nazis?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Love Rat posted:

Actually the goal of the conservative "free speech" advocates is to chase the left out of discourse altogether so they can impose their own limits on speech.

The only way I could accurately simulate the obnoxiousness of people who don't want to talk beyond chants and slogans and just want to get their way is if I started spamming the thread with goat.se every other post.

But I'd rightfully be banned for being a right oval office doing that, as these people should be IRL

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920 posted:

Do you realize that you are carte blanche labeling everyone on 'the left' while being mad that people are carte blanche labeling Nazis?

Tell me what you call these people then

"They aren't SJWs they don't exist and that's only a righ wing term!"
"They're not the Left because clearly these people don't represent the left even though everyone he is saying they are left and they represent them fine"

Which is it? I'd like to think they're not left and and the whole SJW term does in fact suck. So do we need a new term? The Douche-Left? Like, how do I label them so you know I'm talking about obnoxious fucks with nothing to say that act like children that you'd find appropriate? I mean clearly they exist so..

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blazing Ownager posted:

Tell me what you call these people then

"They aren't SJWs they don't exist and that's only a righ wing term!"
"They're not the Left because clearly these people don't represent the left even though everyone he is saying they are left and they represent them fine"

Which is it? I'd like to think they're not left and and the whole SJW term does in fact suck. So do we need a new term? The Douche-Left?

I'm just saying do you realize you are doing the same thing you're complaining about though?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Like your only response was to get salty and go "well they ARE they left though they say they are the left so what do I do???"

"The Left" - as if there aren't at least dozens if not hundreds of different philosophies/ideologies on "the Left"

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's like poo poo man I realize not all people on the right are fascists but you're sitting there insisting everyone on the left is how you say they are.

It's kinda baffling tbh.

Moridin920 has issued a correction as of 12:32 on Jun 24, 2018

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Blazing Ownager posted:

The only way I could accurately simulate the obnoxiousness of people who don't want to talk beyond chants and slogans and just want to get their way is if I started spamming the thread with goat.se every other post.

But I'd rightfully be banned for being a right oval office doing that, as these people should be IRL
At Spencer's speech in Florida, he managed to bar most of the malcontents from the theater. The result was about 10 people, 4 or so were antifa and were taking photos of the sad-sacks that were there for his speech. It lasted all of 5 minutes and then he hosed off.

That's what agitation does - the people who might've been on the fence didn't have an opportunity to have a risk-free trial to buy into white nationalism. If they showed up, they'd be identified and shamed for embracing a genocidal, backwards ideology.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Sestze posted:

You and Blazing Ownager invented an entire cadre of strawmen to bash at ineffectually for the last 15 pages in an attempt to feel better about being ridiculed for having internally inconsistent world views. Each time you two felt cornered, you retreated to a corner to jerk each other off about how "the left" calls everyone Nazis that disagree with them. You won't actually read any of the genuine posts sent at you, instead focusing on people responding to you with a heartfelt "gently caress you" when you trot out what is basically the same right-wing propaganda that we've been hearing for the last 20-odd years regarding education as an example of the breakdown of civil discourse.

As Son of Man said earlier in the thread, nobody wants to spend the time or effort to sit your rear end down and educate you because you aren't in a position to be educated. You spend your time being defensive or constructing entire armadas of imaginary foes to contest when, in reality, you could probably come to a reasonable conclusion if you did any amount of research. We sure as hell aren't going to spend the mental brainpower to pick apart the same arguments we've seen time and again, it's tiresome.

Most of what you've asserted is false, and you won't own up to it for some strange reason.
- "The Left" is not carte blanche labeling people Nazis. The idea that "the left" is a monolithic entity that does that sort of thing is absurd. When we are discussing "the alt-right", it's the neofascist movement that refers to Spencer and his ilk. There's a lot of alt-right adjacent beliefs, but no one on this dead gay comedy forum actually believes all conservatives are Nazis. You're just making an rear end of yourself every drat time you say it.
- You are being labeled, not a nazi, but as a limp-dicked centrist for being for "moderate, sensible" change in the face of injustice. You've had MLK quoted at you, you've had Spencer quoted at you, hell, you've even had Hitler quoted at you describing how direct, active action in the form of protests is necessary. You can disagree with someone's opinion, but how can you ignore history entirely?
- You mentioned that some of the IDW has workable ideas worth reading about - if you could link some of these articles that aren't just whining about their relegation to the dark web due to being their own unmarketable selves, feel free.

That might be the root of the issue between the left and the right wing when it comes to appealing to the white 20-something males that make up Trump's base. The message is roughly the same from both sides - you've been blessed with something by the very nature of your skin color, be aware of it and do something with it. The left doesn't feel obligated to educate them with respect to a message that most people don't want to hear and calls for radical change. The right is all together too willing to provide endless justifications for their superiority and is calls for people to do nothing. The easier path for your average disaffected Jacks of this world is to keep that gravy train rolling by simply doing nothing.

You make some good points, but there's a lot here I disagree with. But I think a problem with what you've said is the implication that me or anyone else who disagrees you with you does so because they're uneducated, and if they just educated themselves they'd agree with you. I think this is a mistake and honestly possibly a dangerous way to think. I mean, can't you see a problem with the belief that anyone who disagrees with you just needs to be educated in the right way to think? You also seem to be implying that only white males disagree with you. This isn't true.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Commie NedFlanders posted:

The Left is too drat soft, utterly incapable of arguing in good faith,

The Left is without any moral or ethical framework to guide their conduct, so it unfortunately is the case that all interesting free thinking and discussion is occurring on the right.

The Left had lost its own ground thanks to their allegiance to postmodernism

The Left can only survive if they have their own versions of Ben Shapiro or Jordan Peterson, but the Left is utterly incapable of growing, or learning from their enemy, they have gone too far and the collapse is inevitable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knv7ZwIBmvs

You idiots cannot humble yourselves, you cannot listen, and you are the reason the right wing is going to continue to grow and create an unimaginably horrifying authoritarian future for us all

lol

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Sestze posted:

Conservatives, by and large, aren't Nazis. The problem that we're finding is that the inaction regarding or tacit acceptance of these fringe groups by the republican party is loving everything up.

The whole point is that the increasingly obnoxious elements of the left side of the spectrum have pushed these people out and not only continue to push them out, in this very thread have declared them all nazis and directly said that "their idealogy is outdated we don't need to ever discuss it, just deplatform it." I'm not a conservative but as someone who again leans left, these people are pushing the middle out in droves while going :smug: :lol: "We don't need you," and losing every loving political argument.

Then take zero responsibility for it.

Moridin920 posted:

I'm just saying do you realize you are doing the same thing you're complaining about though?

Except I really am not. I'd like to think that the sorts of people while are childishly trying to go "Lallalalallalalala they can't hear you alallalalalalla" don't represent the true values of the left and are an embarrassment hurting us all, driving people away and pushing them further into a camp to make sure we never win anything ever, and the loving Republicans do.

It's obnoxious that half the thread seems to think what those people are doing is heroic and can't see that outside of their bubble to realize how they are coming off to the rest of the world, but frankly I don't think they'd care and just go :smug: :lol: "Why do we need the rest of the world anyway?" They are hurting all of us and they are hurting anyone who wants to stop the shift in this country skewing harder and harder right.

I don't hate these people because I agree with right wingers, or fascists, etc. I hate these people because they're tanking their own side faster than anyone on the right ever could.

Blazing Ownager has issued a correction as of 12:39 on Jun 24, 2018

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Sestze posted:

Conservatives, by and large, aren't Nazis.

yes they are you fucktard

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Blazing Ownager posted:

The whole point is that the increasingly obnoxious elements of the left side of the spectrum have pushed these people out and not only continue to push them out, in this very thread have declared them all nazis and directly said that "their idealogy is outdated we don't need to ever discuss it, just deplatform it." I'm not a conservative but as someone who again leans left, these people are pushing the middle out in droves while going :smug: :lol: "We don't need you," and losing every loving political argument.

Then take zero responsibility for it.

Except I really am not. I'd like to think that the sorts of people while are childishly trying to go "Lallalalallalalala they can't hear you alallalalalalla" don't represent the true values of the left and are an embarrassment hurting us all, driving people away and pushing them further into a camp to make sure we never win anything ever, and the loving Republicans do.

It's obnoxious that half the thread seems to think what those people are doing is heroic and can't see that outside of their bubble to realize how they are coming off to the rest of the world, but frankly I don't think they'd care and just go :smug: :lol: "Why do we need the rest of the world anyway?" They are hurting all of us and they are hurting anyone who wants to stop the shift in this country skewing harder and harder right.

cuck

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Creamed Cormp posted:

yes they are you fucktard

Thank you for immediately proving my point.

I've got a guy in here going "But actually, no people don't get called nazis all the time, you're wrong," while people sit in here calling everyone nazis beneath anything other than air horns.

How can you not see reality, folks?

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Blazing Ownager posted:

is that really the sticking point for you? that the protesters are obnoxious to you? surely you find right-wing, bad faith demagoguery more obnoxious?

I suppose I would ask where you draw the line. should the students sit quietly and listen to a redditor speak about how he isn't a pedo, he's an ephebophile and its perfectly acceptable? should we still be debating phrenologists? how about people who insist on the biological superiority of certain ethnicities? flat earthers?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/nycguidovoice/status/914531086977429504

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Son of Man posted:

is that really the sticking point for you? that the protesters are obnoxious to you? surely you find right-wing, bad faith demagoguery more obnoxious?

It's part of it; them damaging the whole look of the left is hurting us all.

They are also want really, really bad things like government censorship of things they don't like. Not sure if you've LOOKED at the government recently but I don't want them to have that kind of power because they sure as gently caress are not on your side.

Son of Man posted:

I suppose I would ask where you draw the line. should the students sit quietly and listen to a redditor speak about how he isn't a pedo, he's an ephebophile and its perfectly acceptable? should we still be debating phrenologists? how about people who insist on the biological superiority of certain ethnicities? flat earthers?

Yes, if those people have booked a speaking hall, then yeah they should talk. Letting them talk is not endorsing their ideas. Letting those ideas out and destroying them, and thus the person spouting them, is how you crush those ideas. Simply trying to suppress them does not work, and it never, ever has.

This is literally getting to the point where the crux of the issue is being afraid to have a conservation with someone that's got terrible ideas. We should never, ever be afraid of conversation.

PS: Protest is fine, if you stay outside and explain your reasons for protest calmly outside of having 3 pre-baked 2-word replies as to why you're protesting while refusing to answer any questions and acting like spoiled kids.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Blazing Ownager posted:

I don't hate these people because I agree with right wingers, or fascists, etc. I hate these people because they're tanking their own side faster than anyone on the right ever could.

I guess we just disagree here as to cause and effect. it seems plain to me that anti fascist protests were caused by a resurgence in Nazism. you believe that the resurgence in fascism was caused by anti fascist sentiment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

You make some good points, but there's a lot here I disagree with. But I think a problem with what you've said is the implication that me or anyone else who disagrees you with you does so because they're uneducated, and if they just educated themselves they'd agree with you. I think this is a mistake and honestly possibly a dangerous way to think. I mean, can't you see a problem with the belief that anyone who disagrees with you just needs to be educated in the right way to think? You also seem to be implying that only white males disagree with you. This isn't true.
Education is simply informing. I do so regardless of whether or not the person knows or not. The reason why is because it eliminates ignorance as an excuse.

An example: A person I know used the phrase "chimping out" to describe Brazilians in a video game. I "educated" him as to the racist connotations of the term and told him he might not want to use it because of social ramifications. Now he knows, if he uses it again, I know that he knows what the term means, and all that it implies about him. Whether or not he did before hand is unimportant to me, it's important he knows now.

The white males thing is the vast majority of people who made the leap in the gamergate to alt right pipeline through various videos from the members of the IDW. They were a large chunk of the Republican voting bloc during the 2016 election and make up practically the entire alt-right. You can't discuss the IDW without understanding that the mindset of a few of the IDW's golden children (Shapiro, Peterson) are used as tools to convert people to being alt-right.

If there were people in the IDW that aren't as out-and-out terrible as Shapiro and Peterson, then they should probably distance themselves from anything involving the IDW. Please provide some examples from the more evenly kiltered members of the IDW btw, I'd love to see what bastions of rational conservative thought are saying these days.

• Locked thread