Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Snowy posted:

Yeah this. I saw them play a small show, the whole thing was fun and silly as hell. The crowd kept yelling “hey Abbath!” Like Lou Costello. Everyone was singing along, playing air guitar, it ruled.

I wish I could bottle this. Magnigoddamnfique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
I would expect "no moshing" rules to be about as effective as "you can't smoke weed here" rules

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

This is a good illustration of why they say these things and don't enforce it.

All they care about is avoiding liability. "Your honor my client told them not to do this thing and they did and got hurt. My client is not responsible for their shattered bones."

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

OpaqueEcho posted:

I would expect "no moshing" rules to be about as effective as "you can't smoke weed here" rules

lol everybody vapes an concerts now bro!

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Kvlt! posted:

whats an active moshing situation?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iQ0lU_lOyM

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Been spinning the new Immortal track and ugh I need more. I hope they release another single soon.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

been listening to the entire discography again for the first time in a long time and its real good and i remember how loving dope Pantera was

Honestly yeah. I haven’t been in a Pantera mood for years but they were great. Dimebag could write the catchiest heaviest riffs. His style was crazy unique at the time. It’s easy to ignore them now unfortunately and roll your eyes but they were good pissed off metal that I desperately needed in the 2000s. Also Phil really was/is a great vocalist. It’s a shame about his personality at times but it’s hard to ask for Pantera Phil and then expect him to be some classy straight laced dude outside of the band.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Any opinions on the full dynamic range Bolt Thrower rereleases? My ears aren’t working right and I can’t tell if they’re worth getting used to or not. They certainly have more dynamics (wow amazing I can’t believe it) but I’m used to the regular album sound.

binaryslacker
Sep 4, 2011

Good Times

Kilometers Davis posted:

Any opinions on the full dynamic range Bolt Thrower rereleases? My ears aren’t working right and I can’t tell if they’re worth getting used to or not. They certainly have more dynamics (wow amazing I can’t believe it) but I’m used to the regular album sound.

The IVth Crusade

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Apparently Mortician has a new album coming out that features a real drummer and no horror movie samples so I have to ask, what is the point?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

Apparently Mortician has a new album coming out that features a real drummer and no horror movie samples so I have to ask, what is the point?

One of their live albums was like that and was still cool iirc

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

binaryslacker posted:

The IVth Crusade

What about it?

binaryslacker
Sep 4, 2011

Good Times

Kilometers Davis posted:

What about it?

Good album. Not a fan of dynamic range too used to the old sound. It’s like it’s live when you crank it all the way up.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
the gently caress does bolt thrower need with dynamic range they didn't write no ballads

Feb 8, 2008
Been listening to a lot of Summoning lately (especially Oath Bound) what other bands have a similar thing going on?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

7734 posted:

Been listening to a lot of Summoning lately (especially Oath Bound) what other bands have a similar thing going on?

Check out Forlorn Citadel.

binaryslacker posted:

Good album. Not a fan of dynamic range too used to the old sound. It’s like it’s live when you crank it all the way up.

Ah yeah, album rules for sure.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
New Converge EP at midnight

https://exclaim.ca/music/article/are_converge_releasing_a_surprise_ep_tonight

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

i think by virtue of it not having loving sick horror movie samples it is not a mortician album. perhaps "the artists formerly known as mortician" are creating a new album

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Kvlt! posted:

i think by virtue of it not having loving sick horror movie samples it is not a mortician album. perhaps "the artists formerly known as mortician" are creating a new album

I'm also pretty sure this is just the reissue of the album where they already did that.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

7734 posted:

Caladan Brood
Emyn Muil
Nocternity
Untamed Land
Eldamar
Radagast
Sojourner
Moongates Guardian
Rivendell
Kinstrife and Blood

Dimebags Brain fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 29, 2018

Feb 8, 2008

Dimebags Brain posted:

Great lists of bands

Thanks! Digging all of these. Untamed Land works surprisingly well and will get lots of play on my upcoming Utah desert trip.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

4 band names referencing names from LotR and one from Erikson. I guess they are all horrible nerds.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Wow, I can't believe the bands imitating the famous lord of the rings inspired black metal act are nerds.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

A human heart posted:

Wow, I can't believe the bands imitating the famous lord of the rings inspired black metal act are nerds.

:emptyquote:

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cardiac posted:

4 band names referencing names from LotR and one from Erikson. I guess they are all horrible nerds.

Nocternity references A Song of Ice and Fire like a decade before the show was a thing as well.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

hit me with some like, clayman/colony era in flames type poo poo tia

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
gently caress man, ticket resellers are utter scum, and so are ticketmaster. Ghost (yeah, yeah let's skip it) are playing a show at the Royal Albert Hall in London - big venue. By the time all the presale poo poo has happened, all of the good tickets are pretty much gone. Then somehow, the second they go on sale, there arent any tickets and they start showing up on the ticketmaster sister sites with tickets on sale for 2-3x the price instantly. It's pretty much impossible to have a fair shot anymore, otherwise you need to be very lucky. There's. shady poo poo going on and its a real shame. Then we end up with lots of empty seats at shows which could have gone to fans for face value. Whole thing sucks and ticketmaster are complete scum.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

henpod posted:

gently caress man, ticket resellers are utter scum, and so are ticketmaster. Ghost (yeah, yeah let's skip it) are playing a show at the Royal Albert Hall in London - big venue. By the time all the presale poo poo has happened, all of the good tickets are pretty much gone. Then somehow, the second they go on sale, there arent any tickets and they start showing up on the ticketmaster sister sites with tickets on sale for 2-3x the price instantly. It's pretty much impossible to have a fair shot anymore, otherwise you need to be very lucky. There's. shady poo poo going on and its a real shame. Then we end up with lots of empty seats at shows which could have gone to fans for face value. Whole thing sucks and ticketmaster are complete scum.

See now I've never had this problem because none of the shows I go to are expensive or famous enough for anyone to bother scamming people

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Skeletonwitch are touring the West Coast opening for...System of a Down and At the Drive-In?!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Yeah, its hard to give up for the bigger name acts but generally you can get tickets.

For megastars tho? Good loving luck. I tried Radiohead with 3 computers and was rat hosed out of tickets the millisecond they went on sale. I couldn't get any goddamn thing.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

That's why I love that it's illegal to resell tickets at higher than face value here. It completely took the wind out of the sails of the organized resellers, so now normal people actually have a chance.

Unless it's like Metallica or some poo poo, then it's sold out in 30 minutes anyway.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

A human heart posted:

See now I've never had this problem because none of the shows I go to are expensive or famous enough for anyone to bother scamming people

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

Skeletonwitch are touring the West Coast opening for...System of a Down and At the Drive-In?!

IDK what SOAD are like live and I've heard ATDI have been phoning it in but in theory there's 3 good bands and a lot of energy on that bill

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

il_cornuto posted:

IDK what SOAD are like live and I've heard ATDI have been phoning it in but in theory there's 3 good bands and a lot of energy on that bill

I’ve seen ATDI twice since the reunion and they’ve been pretty into it. Obviously it’s not 2000, and I’m also a fanboy, but they’re worth seeing

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

who's up for some war metal from salt lake city lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lYIx0pB0-I

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ramadu posted:

hit me with some like, clayman/colony era in flames type poo poo tia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pnl1ulaG5k

henpod posted:

yep ticketmaster intentionally limits the number of tickets released at a time so only bots can purchase them, then ultimately make hundreds per ticket since they own their own scalping site

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 29, 2018

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I somehow pulled off a good ticket through ticketmaster but that must have been a mix of pure luck and no one caring about Wilkes-Barre

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

il_cornuto posted:

I saw System of a Down around the height of their Toxicity-Steal This Album fame (2001-2003) twice. The first time, Daron was so high on drugs that he was using water bottles as picks, calling people "faggots" and spitting every 30 seconds. It was great. The second time it was weird, but not as wild/WTF-worthy.

I've seen ATDI/Mars Volta/Sparta like 12 times combined in like 18 years. Even the supposedly "calm" Sparta plays their emo hearts out.

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Skeletonwitch would seem like an odd opener, but one of their singles from their new album sounded like that brand of US Black Metal that is in vogue now (as opposed to their more thrashy/death metalish tinge) so I could see them fitting in.

Seems like an interesting tour!

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxzb00dqNg4

Well, then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

LEBRONWATCH OFF TO A GREAT START