Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
My wife was 13 when I was 19.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
My wife was 9 when I was 11 and she never lets me forget

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Motronic posted:

Yes, I'm 3 months older than her. Obviously I'm just being pedantic about the phrasing of what I responded to.

:thermidor:

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

my wife is 5 years older than me and shes really insecure about being the older one

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

I find it very hard to think of people I met when they were a child as anything but a child, so I would :chloe: at such a relationship.

i am a college professor and sometimes people will ask me "so, you ever get any students coming on to you? what did you do? [hint hint]" and the like. i've had some acquaintances get really creepy and lecherous as they imagine what it must be like to be a young man in a position of power over all these 19 year old girls.

the answer is: 1) yes, i have had students come on to me, and 2) nothing, because the teacher-student relationship (with undergrads anyway) is much more like being their parent than their colleague. romance doesn't enter the picture when your interactions are exasperatedly correcting their spelling in a terrible zero-effort essay for the fifth time or yelling at them to throw away their drat empty kombucha bottles before they leave the classroom while they giggle about how they drank wine out of red cups the previous night.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

tactlessbastard posted:

I think if you spend more than a second to rules-lawyer about appropriate age gaps you should be locked away in an abbey or convent as appropriate

Yeah, it’s less about the age, and more about taking advantage of someone’s lack of life experience.

Don’t do creepy stuff like that, how hard is this?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Pick posted:

I’ve known two profs who did it as well and there were no repercussions even though the grad students were still active students. Will wonders never cease.

graduate students are a different situation because they're usually adults (real adults, not teenagers who can vote) and they're working at a professional level in the same field as the professor. it's still an inappropriate relationship because of the power imbalance but i can see how those conditions can lead to personal closeness or more. you could even argue that if the student and the professor are in different departments, so the professor has no direct power over their grades or the granting of the degree, that there's no good reason for a relationship to be prohibited other than ick factor.

hell, my best friend as a child was the son of a grad student who'd slept with her 20-years-senior professor and gotten knocked up. he did not have a particularly happy home life

the reason there are no repercussions is because it's insanely hard to fire a tenured professor even if they do something blatantly wrong. one prof not in my department was caught swimming naked with his 22-year-old (also male) graduate student in the gym pool after hours and they just gave him a year-long sabbatical.

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Jul 2, 2018

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

My high school had a teacher who crossed the line from "live-in relationship with a former student" to "actually sleeping with seniors. No repercussions that I ever heard off. Being the best in the state in his field apparently helped.

On a lighter note, my furnace and I ran into a former teacher of mine a couple of years after graduation. In an adult bookstore. Poor bastard looked like he wanted to die right then and there. No, I didn't say anything.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i ran into a gaggle of my students as i was coming out of a victoria's secret once

meh

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

mllaneza posted:

On a lighter note, my furnace and I ran into a former teacher of mine a couple of years after graduation.

I'm glad you found someone to keep you warm at night.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
When I was in middle school, a group of us were walking past the mall Victoria's Secret when our 60something unattractive science teacher was walking out. This was also in the 1990s when, at least in our area, Victoria's Secrets were new and unimaginably scandalous. Our reaction was not "meh"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Tanith posted:

I'm glad you found someone to keep you warm at night.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I first met my wife when she was 69 and I was 4 and 1/5ths old. It was very nice.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I avoid meeting anyone, now I can date whoever with plausible deniability. :smug:

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

blugu64 posted:

Yeah, it’s less about the age, and more about taking advantage of someone’s lack of life experience.

Don’t do creepy stuff like that, how hard is this?

My brother in law is 12 years older than my sister, and their relationship is pretty drat great. I think that it helps that hes a country boy and she grew up as a city girl. Two adorable nieces with a third on the way! And the two now act so kind to each other, the 4 year old is such a helpful big sister who is patient and loving of her 2 year old younger one!

Sometimes, like in my brother in laws case, it takes a few failed relations to mature and settle down with a nice, if a bit immature, girl.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
VS doesn't even sell scandalous lingerie. They mostly sell lotion, body spray, and Pink sweatsuits. Their poo poo is wack.

My wife does get free panties from there every few months for being on their email list, but they're not anything special. I view them as lingerie for the same type of woman that thinks a Coach purse makes her fancy.

Leon Einstein fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 2, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Tenure should protect your political opinions not poo poo work and sex pestery

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012

Pick posted:

Tenure should protect your political opinions not poo poo work and sex pestery
Don't conflate grad students loving professors with high school teachers loving their students. It's not even in the same ballpark.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

My wife is a day older than me and I give her so much poo poo for cradle robbing.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Leon Einstein posted:

VS doesn't even sell scandalous lingerie. They mostly sell lotion, body spray, and Pink sweatsuits. Their poo poo is wack.

My wife does get free panties from there every few months for being on their email list, but they're not anything special. I view them as lingerie for the same type of woman that thinks a Coach purse makes her fancy.
At the time VS was way more focused on Sex Purposes, they didn't have any regular clothing or beauty poo poo or anything. It was like Fredericks of Hollywood, but also it was the 1990s in a conservative area so concepts like "sexuality at any age is healthy" or "sexhavers aren't filthy" hadn't reached us. And given that we were like 12, neither had "teachers are people"

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
When I was 12 or so, my sister showed me that Axl Rose's girlfriend (Stephanie Hunter) was in the Frederick's of Hollywood catalogs and left it out. My mom had a serious talk with me about whether I was looking at the catalog, BUT SHE WASN'T MAD ABOUT IT.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Lasca posted:

Yeea it just comes off as creepy.

The math teacher/coach was found to be texting a few former students. I think ages ranged 22-4
Telling his wife then ditching her at the airport on the way to the honeymoon was...a pretty terrible way to go about things. He kept his job there for awile. She worked there too but quit right after. Gross.

Yikes! My parents were teachers, and if there was ever a teacher that got together with a former student (only happened a few times), their name was mud forever.

In an odd twist, I met my boyfriend’s aunt once and during small talk I mentioned where I’d grown up and what my parents did. She asked ‘Ask your father if he ever worked with Joe Kenny. I’m close friends with his second wife’s aunt’.

So I asked, and my dad said ‘yes, and he was a DOG. Infidelity and left his wife and kids for a former student.’

She said, ‘yep that’s him alright’. But the infidelity part was (apparently) his wife was closeted so they stayed together to raise the two kids, and she let him go get his rocks off wherever he wanted. They split up when the kids were either HS or college aged.

Relayed that to my dad, and his stumped response was ‘that’s still disgusting he got together with a former student’.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
My brother in law is 18 years older than my wife's sister and he's weird and controlling. She doesn't seem capable of managing her own life either so I dunno...glad they're on the other side of the country.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
I'm a 700 year old vampire engaged to an 18 year old girl, ama

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Olanphonia posted:

I'm a 700 year old vampire engaged to an 18 year old girl, ama

of all the religions in the world, whyd ya choose mormonism and not some fun eastern european orthodox saint worship?

TheScott2K posted:

My brother in law is 18 years older than my wife's sister and he's weird and controlling. She doesn't seem capable of managing her own life either so I dunno...glad they're on the other side of the country.

the BIL is super chill, in that slow country minnesotan farm kinda way. he's out of state 5 days of the week workn loggin/construction and drives home every weekend to see his babies

my SO is super excited to go visit them on a weekend because the brother in law promised to let her go shoot'n in his quary!

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Late to the game but Macy’s is hit or miss given that so many of their stores were bulk acquisitions. There are some amazing acquired Macy’s (The old Marshall Fields in Chicago, the Wanamakers in Philadelphia), but a lot of their stores are kinda crappy. Nordstrom is better in almost every other case (but I find their flagship store to be surprisingly meh). I’m just pissed about the whole Joseph Abboud deal because Nordstrom carried a wide selection, JOseph Abboud were the only suit that would reliably fit the frame of my shoulders, and if your jacket/suit doesn’t match the frame of your shoulders, YLLS.

Jeza posted:

Take a trip to SE Asia and just spend all your cash on buckets of tailoring rather than sleaze.
This. Had a ton of suits, jackets, shirts, and pants made to order, mostly out of linen or linen blends, while in Vietnam last year. Linen wrinkles at a sharp look, of course, but I love wearing it and it’s not easy to find good, semi- or dressy linen clothing stateside, especially in anything outside of a monochrome beige. Had a pair of Chelsea boots made too.

loquacius posted:

I'd bet good money that anyone who thinks it's a red flag to shop at Dollar Tree and not have an iPhone has never had to worry about money in their life
Or they’re either class-insecure or conspicuous consumers, many of whom live way beyond their means.

My wife graduated college when I finished my freshman year of high school. Hey, someone has to take the Christmas Cakes! (The irony is everyone thinks she looks younger than I do, probably better too.)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Nonvalueadded User posted:

Late to the game but Macy’s is hit or miss given that so many of their stores were bulk acquisitions. There are some amazing acquired Macy’s (The old Marshall Fields in Chicago, the Wanamakers in Philadelphia), but a lot of their stores are kinda crappy. Nordstrom is better in almost every other case (but I find their flagship store to be surprisingly meh). I’m just pissed about the whole Joseph Abboud deal because Nordstrom carried a wide selection, JOseph Abboud were the only suit that would reliably fit the frame of my shoulders, and if your jacket/suit doesn’t match the frame of your shoulders, YLLS.

The original Macy's on 34th Street in Manhattan is pretty great. They have a huge stock of low to high-end clothes, so you can get jeans at every point from Levis to AllSaints and Diesel.

I like their American Rag stuff. Comfortable plaids and nice button-up summer shirts. I got one with tiny snow cones on it.

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

chitoryu12 posted:

The original Macy's on 34th Street in Manhattan is pretty great. They have a huge stock of low to high-end clothes, so you can get jeans at every point from Levis to AllSaints and Diesel.

I like their American Rag stuff. Comfortable plaids and nice button-up summer shirts. I got one with tiny snow cones on it.
Yeah, sorry, wasn’t clear. I wasn’t talking about the original Macy’s stores, but the swathes of chains they acquired in buying sprees and fire sales. Standards vary significantly among those stores.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
I think you have possibly bigger problems than some bloody feral cat

My(21f) ex(20m) took my cat when we broke up and gave them to his new girlfriend. The girlfriend is giving her away and won’t let me have her back for petty reasons.

quote:

u/chicabiddy123
I found my kitty, hurbie, when she was 4 weeks old under my car hood- I bottle raised her, took her for her immunizations, and kept up with the vet when she she had her kittens. She’s my fur baby with her broken wild meow. When we broke up he took the box, kittens and all, and told me since he paid for the shots it’s his cat and he’ll do what he wants with her. He immediately moved in with the girl he was cheating on me with(while I was pregnant with his daughter, to add insult to injury) and gave them to her as a present. They gave away all the kittens at Walmart(which I objected to because that’s how people get bait animals for dog fighting) and kept hurbie. Recently his girlfriend posted on Facebook that she was looking for a new home for her and when I messaged her saying I’d take her she said that she didn’t want me to have ‘her’ cat because I’m “just jealous he gave them to her.” It’s all petty and downright awful. I loving hate her. She’s some skanky bitch and my ex is no balls loser for not standing up to her. He says he doesn’t care if I took hurbie back but since he’s dating her now he has to take her side. Moral of the story don’t let anyone pay with card for a pet you love.

Tl;dr My ex is a douche and his girlfriend is a petty bitch.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I really hope she didn't have that baby.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Milotic posted:

I think you have possibly bigger problems than some bloody feral cat

My(21f) ex(20m) took my cat when we broke up and gave them to his new girlfriend. The girlfriend is giving her away and won’t let me have her back for petty reasons.

truly, though the world is divided on many an issue, we can all come together to laugh at white trash calling each other skanky bitches for selling the babymama's kittens at wal-mart

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

Leon Einstein posted:

I really hope she didn't have that baby.

Oh she did. She’s posting on breastfeeding subreddits. And she’s struggling, which is fine - even two parents can find raising a baby tough. But why take on a bloody cat in addition?

My boyfriend [24 M] often wants my [23 F] help with his "fun" programming projects. I'm starting to get annoyed because it feels like work; I work as a software engineer.

quote:

u/P33vedprogramm3r
Most of my interests are athletic stuff. (Hiking and camping, biking, martial arts, lifting, going out and dancing with my friends) I work as a software engineer so by the end of the day, I'm sick of looking at computers, I'm itching to get outside. I like what I do, but to be honest, I'm doing it for the money, it's not my passion.

My boyfriend is a Masters student, studying computer science. He thinks that what I do for work is really cool, and a lot of his hobbies, along with his studies, revolve around computers.

So, I listen to him talk about his pet projects, and he listens to me talk about my hobbies. But I've started to get annoyed how often he wants me to help him debug something, or help him with a programming project.

I started joking with him that I'd charge him an hourly rate for consultation, trying to bring up the fact that I was sick of doing free work so often. Because the stuff he thinks if as fun feels like work to me.

He got really annoyed about that joke, saying "I wouldn't charge you for my time, if you wanted to take me camping or something!"

I tried to explain that it was just a joke, but I really had started to feel like working on his projects with him was like work to me, and not fun, or quality couple time. And if anyone else wanted me to debug their code or help them design something, I'd want to be paid.

He was still upset that I basically didn't seem willing to engage in his hobbies anymore.

I don't know if I'm in the wrong to be fed up right now. My boyfriend took that "consultation fee" joke really personally.

TLDR - I joked that I'd charge my boyfriend a consultation fee, for helping him with his hobbyist programming projects. He took it really personally.

I just feign incompetence these days if people ask for software development.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Milotic posted:

Oh she did. She’s posting on breastfeeding subreddits. And she’s struggling, which is fine - even two parents can find raising a baby tough. But why take on a bloody cat in addition?

My boyfriend [24 M] often wants my [23 F] help with his "fun" programming projects. I'm starting to get annoyed because it feels like work; I work as a software engineer.

I just feign incompetence these days if people ask for software development.

take him up on his offer of a free, indefinite-length camping trip and abandon him in the woods

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I (31F) am an idiot & destroyed my boyfriends (37M) favorite beer

quote:

I am seriously an idiot. The other day, I went into my boyfriend's liquor cabinet and took out a Sierra Nevada. I stuck it in the freezer to get it cold quickly but completely forgot about it while on the phone.

I had forgotten this cabinet had exclusively valuable stuff in it and it turns out this beer contained home brewed beer that had a lot of memories attached to it that he cherished. He planned to drink this beer at his wedding.

He was on the edge of tears when I told him I left it in the freezer overnight. He was so upset. I feel awful that I was so careless. I apologized several times, offered to help clean up if there was a mess, promised I would ask next time, but he's been totally inconsolable since.

When we talked in person I apologized some more but the conversation went haywire. He accused me of being routinely inconsiderate, insensitive, and selfish. I was glad to hear him out but the conversation spiralled into a very public tirade on a subway platform where he accused me of resisting paying for an equal share of dinners and was mad that I was once talking to a close friend of mine about how I could finally max out my ROTH for the first time....My SO accused me of being insensitive for talking about having a little money with a friend who is struggling financially while I get huffy when he asks I contribute more to our dinners out. (He has a lot of baggage around women using him for money.) I asserted to him my usual reassurance that we don't have to go out as often as he always wants to and that I am more accustomed to dinners at home, and that he doesn't actually know if my conversation about the ROTH made my friend uncomfortable so its an extraneous issue that he really shouldn't be trying to make me feel bad about. He was infuriated because he thought I had no right to be defending myself and should have just been listening (perhaps this is true), and instructed me to go home. Via text later that night, he went on to say how he bends and flex's to make me happy, and anytime he tries to communicate with me I end up on some man hating tirade. Also, he was mad that I went home when he told me to. More conveniently, he forgot that he told me to.

This is all really left field for me. I'm concerned because something like this happened back in June where he started accusing me of cheating on him out of nowhere - I would have never done that! He suddenly seemed miserable in our relationship, and he never talked about any of these issues with me. He threatened to end the relationship then, much like how he asked me to go home during this argument in the subway. It was completely bewildering since he was literally talking about shopping for rings a week before - He still does. I really thought everything was going great. Apparently everything is crap until he can't hold back or pretend anymore? He says its death by a thousand pin pricks, so I guess if its a bunch of small issues its hard to bring up.

To play devils advocate, I definitely have not been myself lately since having to file a restraining order against an ex posting revenge porn of me. One hundred percent: I've been more self focused and dealing with a lot of emotional wreckage as a result. I tell my boyfriend he has been a gem and a prince through this whole process. He admits to putting my needs ahead of his during this time, but apparently to his detriment. He says he understands I've been having a rough go of things lately so he didn't want to bring up anything until I could at least sleep at night and feel better. He has told me he had a bad habit of white knighting in the past, perhaps more of that has happened here.

TL;DR: How do I make up for this legitimately lovely thing I did, but also hold my boyfriend of a year and a half accountable for not talking to me about problems he has with us, and then suddenly lashing out when he has an issue?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Haifisch posted:

Initially read this as 13F and it took way to long to realize my error.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I [25F] am discussing children with my fiancé [36M] - we’re fighting about our future roles. 4 years.

Currently, both of us work full time jobs. He earns over twice as much as I do, and he is in school for his second masters. Ever since we’ve been together, we’ve basically fallen into traditional gender roles. I would prefer that we shared more of the household / emotional burden, but since we don’t have kids and he has less free time than I do, it hasn’t bothered me too much up to this point.

When it comes to kids, I’m finding out that we are disagreeing in many areas, and it’s got me concerned. For example, I mentioned that I wouldn’t want to start trying for kids until he was done with his masters and had more time to help out / be with his family. He stated that this was ridiculous and meant that I wasn’t a supportive partner. He said his mom would come and live with us for six months to help out. I said I do not want this. I don’t mind if she visits, but I would like us to be co-parents.

To be honest, I’m kind of afraid that I will be shouldering all the kid work and he will just swoop in to be the fun dad. His best friend has this relationship. His friend travels 2 weeks out of every month, his mom lives at home, and his wife takes care of everything. More power to her, but I don’t want this. When my fiancé brought them up as an example, and brought up his coworker who has three kids, a new born and is getting a masters as an example, I said I was really happy for them. I told him I know life can throw punches and curve balls, but insomuch as I can choose when / under what circumstances I have a baby, I will. And what I want is a strong co-parent who is involved in the nitty gritty and doesn’t just enjoy the fun parts of kids.

What I’m afraid is going to happen is that because he gets frustrated / irritated easily, because he doesn’t deal with a lack of sleep well, because he can’t stand messes, because he can’t stand loud noises, that the whole kid burden is going to be up to me. And then if I bring up that I want him to help more, he will bring over his mother.

I’m extremely frustrated and I don’t know how to talk to my fiancé about this without him painting me as an unsupportive partner who doesn’t really want kids. Help?

TL;DR - I’m worried that my fiancé and I have fallen so much into traditional gender roles that I will have to shoulder the vast majority of the kid burden and the emotional labor that comes with it. When I try to say things like I want to wait until he finishes his masters, he says I’m not a supportive partner and points out all the people who have families under more stressful situations. I just want a good co-parent. We both work. How can I get through to him / talk to him about this?

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I [25F] am discussing children with my fiancé [36M] - we’re fighting about our future roles. 4 years.

Currently, both of us work full time jobs. He earns over twice as much as I do, and he is in school for his second masters. Ever since we’ve been together, we’ve basically fallen into traditional gender roles. I would prefer that we shared more of the household / emotional burden, but since we don’t have kids and he has less free time than I do, it hasn’t bothered me too much up to this point.

When it comes to kids, I’m finding out that we are disagreeing in many areas, and it’s got me concerned. For example, I mentioned that I wouldn’t want to start trying for kids until he was done with his masters and had more time to help out / be with his family. He stated that this was ridiculous and meant that I wasn’t a supportive partner. He said his mom would come and live with us for six months to help out. I said I do not want this. I don’t mind if she visits, but I would like us to be co-parents.

To be honest, I’m kind of afraid that I will be shouldering all the kid work and he will just swoop in to be the fun dad. His best friend has this relationship. His friend travels 2 weeks out of every month, his mom lives at home, and his wife takes care of everything. More power to her, but I don’t want this. When my fiancé brought them up as an example, and brought up his coworker who has three kids, a new born and is getting a masters as an example, I said I was really happy for them. I told him I know life can throw punches and curve balls, but insomuch as I can choose when / under what circumstances I have a baby, I will. And what I want is a strong co-parent who is involved in the nitty gritty and doesn’t just enjoy the fun parts of kids.

What I’m afraid is going to happen is that because he gets frustrated / irritated easily, because he doesn’t deal with a lack of sleep well, because he can’t stand messes, because he can’t stand loud noises, that the whole kid burden is going to be up to me. And then if I bring up that I want him to help more, he will bring over his mother.

I’m extremely frustrated and I don’t know how to talk to my fiancé about this without him painting me as an unsupportive partner who doesn’t really want kids. Help?

TL;DR - I’m worried that my fiancé and I have fallen so much into traditional gender roles that I will have to shoulder the vast majority of the kid burden and the emotional labor that comes with it. When I try to say things like I want to wait until he finishes his masters, he says I’m not a supportive partner and points out all the people who have families under more stressful situations. I just want a good co-parent. We both work. How can I get through to him / talk to him about this?

it's never 6 months :smith:

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Haifisch posted:

it's a loving beer

try dating someone whose emotional core isn't built around a beverage

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Sagebrush posted:

it's a loving beer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Sagebrush posted:

it's a loving beer

The best part is that his precious homebrew beer was probably already undrinkable poo poo before OP 'ruined' it:

quote:

[–]TheCuriosity 122 points 4 months ago

Ignoring everything else that is more important but... Doesn't beer go bad? Like it lasts up to 6 months room temperature, 12 refrigerated. What wedding of his that was planning on drinking this at?

[–]solitaryE [S] 36 points 4 months ago

He's convinced it might still have been good. I'm pretty sure this beer is between 5-7 years old.

[–]armorall43 52 points 4 months ago

Hi OP, I am a homebrewer and BJCP certified judge. Unless he is an exceptionally talented brewer and he brewed an exceptionally durable style (like a barleywine, BA Stout, or lambic), that beer was likely undrinkable. As a beer geek that frequents bottleshares with extremely rare and expensive beer, very few commercially brewed beers hold up well in the 5+ year timeframe (forget about homebrew). I am willing to bet that his attachment to this bottle is entirely emotional.