Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

sleepwalkers posted:

why the gently caress is that still a thing you can do on any carrier??

i was wondering the same thing. they were all set up at about the time carrier interconnects were being set up and im legit surprised the tmo address didnt have a voicestream domain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

how much you want to bet the same poo poo he does to windows 10 he does to his phone

you were right

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I had no idea ITTT could send text messages. That's awesome!

I'd just set a different sound/alert for certain e-mail addresses but I don't sync my email accounts automatically on my phone.

The only other slight issue is that I do not get text messages from T-Mobile that are for resetting my T-Mobile password. It's very strange. I will get texts from them telling me to download their T-Mobile Tuesdays app or whatever, but the ones for resetting my password never get through to me, and I feel like it's somehow related to my email to text issue (as in, if I solved one I'd solve the other).

And here's the weirdest thing of all. I just sent myself an email to my phone with a subject as well as text in the body, but this time I added an attachment. I can see both the subject and the text from the body as well as the attachment. It's when no photo is attached that I have an issue :psyduck:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
the email to sms features still exist so that companies can be super cheap and not pay for sending sms messages

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
phone randomly updated to oreo :toot:

and only about a year after Oreo came out!

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

phone randomly updated to oreo :toot:

and only about a year after Oreo came out!

And somewhere in the world, another android rebooted for seemingly no reason

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Endless Mike posted:

how much you want to bet the same poo poo he does to windows 10 he does to his phone

Lol you're such a loving weirdo creep that you're still caremad that I don't like the windows 10 start menu

Seek help

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry I wanted to actually get my basement flood alarm alerts and password reset text messages you little pissbitch

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
:yikes:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
It feels like YOSPOS needs to increase the peace recently. :(

This is a place for love-hating things and each other not hate-loving.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
:allears:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
trip report: Oreo seems fine. they changed how a bunch of stuff looks and how settings are organized because google. I do like how they put a little more color into the UI

my lock screen now does all sorts of hosed up poo poo but I think that is motorola's fault and not goog's

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Sorry I wanted to actually get my basement flood alarm alerts and password reset text messages you little pissbitch

nice meltdown

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

nice meltdown

what do you expect, he has no water for cooling

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

trip report: Oreo seems fine. they changed how a bunch of stuff looks and how settings are organized because google. I do like how they put a little more color into the UI

my lock screen now does all sorts of hosed up poo poo but I think that is motorola's fault and not goog's

my nexus 5x is on oreo and the lock screen seems ok. i still don't like how the "swipe up and inward from the bottom corners" gesture feels, the one you use to launch the camera or assistant from the lock screen

the one oreo feature i actually cared about, the inter-app form filler api, doesn't work in firefox (yet?). i have a password keeper that supports the api, but without browser support it's not very useful. my one bank app does support it though, so hey, figgies checking is 3 seconds quicker :heysexy:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

you should use chrome, firefox is poo poo on the desktop and laughable piss trash garbage on a phone. if you want ad blocking use adguard or dns66 or argo or whatever

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Blue Train posted:

what do you expect, he has no water for cooling

all the water I had expelled itself from my hot water tank into my basement two weeks after we had the basement finished, hence the flood alarms I just put in lol

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it seems like fixing the hot water tank would have been the smarter choice but you do you

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Stymie posted:

it seems like fixing the hot water tank would have been the smarter choice but you do you

actually it was pretty cool; it was a defect in the automatic shutoff valve that turns off if it detects the pilot light went out. Even though it was five years out of warranty, I called the company and told them it was a known defect in that model and I wanted my ruined carpet replaced. not only did they replace my carpet, they paid me for the amount of time it took me to clean it all up and replace it even though I did it myself :cool:

they also paid for the parts and labor of having the water tank fixed

they were even gonna give me money for the wet/dry vac but i was too honest and i told them i already had one previous to the flooding

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

cyberpunk af

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
ahahaha

that is going to break roughly one week after purchase

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
just think of all the poo poo and cheeto dust that’ll get jammed down inside the mechanism.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

m’lady:tipshat:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the anroid has learned to mimic its users

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

kinda cool but 100% something that will break/get gummed up with dust or w/e

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Endless Mike posted:

nice meltdown

anroid lol

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

graph posted:

anroid lol
lol

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the anroid has learned to mimic its users

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

has anyone tried fooling that face sensor with a photo or whatever

on the other hand I am happy to see a phone that absolutely cannot have a case on it. naked phones forever

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Linguica posted:

has anyone tried fooling that face sensor with a photo or whatever

on the other hand I am happy to see a phone that absolutely cannot have a case on it. naked phones forever

sure it can. it just can only be secured on the bottom three sides

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

even google wants to switch away from android

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-19/google-team-is-said-to-plot-android-successor-draw-skepticism

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
does it work yet or did they just shoot out another press release reminding everyone about this thing they're working on

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

anthonypants posted:

does it work yet or did they just shoot out another press release reminding everyone about this thing they're working on

some middle manager did the math and realized "leaking" their poo poo to a pr firm would be smaller than the bonus or raise they'd get once someone higher up decided to fund the project better

or if they leave they can now point to something they've done at the next firm

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

anthonypants posted:

kinda, but not

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
google: let’s do a secret thing. and it will be open source so everyone can see it.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
lol at the first paragraph

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

"let's run the same OS on embedded devices, speakers, phones, tablets, and laptops!"

why?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

"let's run the same OS on embedded devices, speakers, phones, tablets, and laptops!"

why?

its called linux

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

hobbesmaster posted:

its called linux

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

within 2 years every apple peripheral, including cables, will run ios