Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Now to find a sega neptune on ali

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Link please

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

please tell me more

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

:hai: Go on...

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Y’all are opening a can of worms here

Get your vr headsets ready

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

heeheex2 posted:

Y’all are opening a can of worms here

Get your vr headsets ready

What??? It was supposed to be a can of chips!

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

I would also like to know more about this product or service please.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Ok so the Pringles game is a genesis homebrew from 2009 by a Japanese woman.

http://68000.web.fc2.com/pringles.html

That makes these unauthorized bootlegs of an unlicensed "licensed" game

There's lots of options on AE, from the fake boxed editions to loose carts, all with differing label art.
https://m.aliexpress.com/wholesale/pringles.html?channel=direct

Heehee's line about VR headsets isn't a throw away either, I added it to the Sega megadrive/genesis collection on steam which supports VR https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1440985451

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jul 24, 2018

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

I've never clicked "purchase now" so fast

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pri...2299187938.html

the rest of the costumes in this store are also amaze-balls

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

I ordered this watch

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Mocking Bird posted:

I've never clicked "purchase now" so fast

which comic is this stolen from

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Sekenr posted:

I ordered this watch

Calling it now, everything except the actual time is going to be a sticker

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Sex Robot posted:

You should know better than being this optimistic about AE.

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Sex Robot posted:

I'm pretty happy with the Skmei watch that I bought last year, so I don't doubt that it'll have the advertised features.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
You know you can get an actual Casio for pretty much the same money?

https://www.amazon.com/Casio-AE1200...o+digital+watch

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

mobby_6kl posted:

pretty cheap for a timed detonator.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

Weird, almost half of the review for that watch are fake. This is extremely common when a (typically Chinese) seller hijacks a legitimate company's listing and sells a counterfeit.

Miaou
Jun 13, 2008

norp posted:

It probably just auto-disputes it when the timer counts down to zero

Ha, I wish. It doesn't auto-dispute. You just run out of time to be able to dispute it, so if you forget about initiating one over how crap your item is / how you never received it, you're SOL.

A few weeks ago, I had an Amazon package stolen from my porch. Turns out they also took the only package I ever received from AE with a working USPS tracking ID. Since it was marked as delivered by the USPS, even though I opened a dispute and explained the situation, AE sided with the seller. Feels bad man

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Update about the Xioami Wiha screwdriver set: it's is at $17 on bangood right now, the lowest I've seen it anywhere so far: https://www.banggood.com/XIAOMI-Wih...ml?rmmds=search

Miaou posted:

Ha, I wish. It doesn't auto-dispute. You just run out of time to be able to dispute it, so if you forget about initiating one over how crap your item is / how you never received it, you're SOL.

A few weeks ago, I had an Amazon package stolen from my porch. Turns out they also took the only package I ever received from AE with a working USPS tracking ID. Since it was marked as delivered by the USPS, even though I opened a dispute and explained the situation, AE sided with the seller. Feels bad man
Yeah that's what I thought too. I never received a laser pointer I ordered and of course completely forgot about it it was too late. I think the seller even messaged me about giving him positive feedback :v: I mean maybe it's not their fault but i already ate the $3 or whatever without complaining so sorry.

Rad-daddio posted:

pretty cheap for a timed detonator.
Way overkill for that, the F91W-1 is what you want.

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

Weird, almost half of the review for that watch are fake. This is extremely common when a (typically Chinese) seller hijacks a legitimate company's listing and sells a counterfeit.
Whoa, never thought to check that. Interesting. Well the steel cased version seems to be fine but also almost twice the price: https://www.amazon.com/Casio-AE1200...s=casio+digital

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

Update about the Xioami Wiha screwdriver set: it's is at $17 on bangood right now, the lowest I've seen it anywhere so far: https://www.banggood.com/XIAOMI-Wih...ml?rmmds=search
Mine arrived yesterday!
First impressions, case is super durable, bit storage is nicely thought out. The bits fit into the case with magnets, so no weird clips to snap into, but still securely fastened. The bits are all a non standard shank, so it will only work with the provided bit holder and vise versa. The cross bits are all JIS despite saying phillips which is very nice.
I'll do some fit and hardness comparisons at work today, but even if its not up to normal wiha standards, I'd say its well worth the price.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

mobby_6kl posted:

Whoa, never thought to check that. Interesting. Well the steel cased version seems to be fine but also almost twice the price: https://www.amazon.com/Casio-AE1200...s=casio+digital

That makes sense - more difficult to counterfeit the brushed steel case. So, for the plastic one, a counterfeiter will come in, list the watch for half the price on the legitimate Casio listing, and to offset the pending negative reviews they'll pump the listing with fake positives to outnumber the people who got bit by the counterfeit.

Reply All podcast did a recent episode about this. Apparently, it's a ruthless market ever since Amazon opened to out-of-country sellers, and is why Amazon is garbage now: https://www.gimletmedia.com/reply-all/124

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

You know. We joke a lot about bad poo poo from China, but has anybody in this thread been properly burned yet? We all seem to be buying smart but has anybody been truly hosed over?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I had a phone charger burn up the electrical socket, nothing serious but I am never buying anything that connects to the mains.
Other than that there only were usb cables which die after a month and plenty of plastic stuff that isn't as strong as advertised.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Sex Robot posted:

You know. We joke a lot about bad poo poo from China, but has anybody in this thread been properly burned yet? We all seem to be buying smart but has anybody been truly hosed over?

The first copy of Pringles I tried to buy disappeared?

The customs document listed it but it wasn't in the package? Someone in customs stole my loving genesis bootleg

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
I bought a 'tarot cloth' for a couple of bucks that ended up being the same material as those reusable bags you get from the supermarket. I couldn't get the creases out of it from it being folded in the envelope so I just threw it away but that's probably the only complete failure I've had after ordering regularly from AliExpress over the last year or so. Sometimes things are a little smaller than I expected (particularly patches) but when you're paying 50c per piece I figure that's a fair trade-off.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sex Robot posted:

I bought a $200+ mesh office chair.

It came with a solid hard back covered in mesh, a bent leg, and several small tears and discolorations. There were several cost obvious cutting alterations where pieces were larger or a cast in a single colored plastic when they should be 2 colors like in the listing. The item they sent was basically a knock off of a chinese knock off of an american product.

The seller dragged their feet for a month before aliexpress stepped in and gave me half my money back and I didnt have to play $150 in shipping to return it. The packaging was damaged and the shipment insured so they should have just made a shipping claim, but they wanted to be tough and right instead.

I gave the product a bad feedback and they just removed the listing and relisted it so the feedback was worthless.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Sex Robot posted:

I had a power supply for an LED strip literally blow up. Like magic smoke and MOSFET in pieces blow up:

There's a small chance I screwed something up myself when hooking it up but it's quite unlikely, because the second one worked fine. And just now a 5V->12V adapter seems to max out at 200mA instead of 1A as it's supposed to. Part of the coil is broken off, which may or may not have something to do with it.

But I can't really complain too much, this stuff was worth like $5 and overall the success rate has been very high.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

Sex Robot posted:

I ordered 3 small, medium, and large chip clips and instead of the 3 small clips they sent me a nail file :(

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

Sex Robot posted:

Introduced a friend to AE and they bought a load of vape stuff, which I told them was a bad idea. One of their glass tanks shattered while they were vaping. Luckily, they weren't stupid enough to buy batteries or random chemical juice.

I've had a couple of rings that have turned green after a few wears. Not managed to get any sort of metal poisoning yet.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I nearly hit myself in the eye with a snapped scalpel blade, but I think that was user error. Doesn't seem to be a particularly weird grade of steel. Maybe I should test some.

Reminded me to wear the safety glasses though.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

By popular demand posted:

I had a phone charger burn up the electrical socket, nothing serious but I am never buying anything that connects to the mains.
Other than that there only were usb cables which die after a month and plenty of plastic stuff that isn't as strong as advertised.

Pretty much every usb cable or related has been absolute shite.

What's stupid is that you can buy something branded from amazon for only twice the price and it will last forever.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Miaou posted:

Are you sure? On screen it says something like "the seller has X days to ship your item or it will be automatically refunded". I'm not talking about the dispute/not-recieved timer, I'm talking about the one before they mark it shipped.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Got nailed twice on memory. An unfeasibly large capacity thumb drive and a micro SD. Both would read as the advertised size, but when you went over the actually capacity it would just wrap around and start writing over what was already there.

The thimb drive I was able to dispute, and got the price and postage refunded, without having to send it back. Just a picture to show I had it.

The SD was a washout, though. But I now have a teeny cheaply made usb micro reader adapter, so :shrug:

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

spog posted:

Pretty much every usb cable or related has been absolute shite.

What's stupid is that you can buy something branded from amazon for only twice the price and it will last forever.

Or you buy something branded (usb cable, headphones) from amazon and it's actually a knockoff of sub-ali quality.

Betazoid
Aug 3, 2010

Hallo. Ik ben een leeuw.
So I finally got my stainless steel cleaning... thing. Yes, it does scratch! My pans are pretty old, though, so I don't mind trying it on them.

It works! This burned on gunk wouldn't come off with anything I tried, and the scratches don't really bother me. Is this going to rust like crazy now?

Tried to attach a photo but it's too big for the app...

Hot Sale Cleaning Brush Magic Stainless Steel Rod Magic Stick Metal Rust Remover Useful Kitchen Clean Tools
http://s.aliexpress.com/7JrMZRnU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Bored posted:

So far, I've only found a Brontosaurus papertowel holder.

http://s.aliexpress.com/vmUnQFJn

And lots of dinosaur ladles

Cool, but 10x what I’d hope to pay on ae

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fauxtool posted:

I bought a $200+ mesh office chair.

How... how much do office chairs cost at your local furniture store :confused:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Betazoid posted:

So I finally got my stainless steel cleaning... thing. Yes, it does scratch! My pans are pretty old, though, so I don't mind trying it on them.

It works! This burned on gunk wouldn't come off with anything I tried, and the scratches don't really bother me. Is this going to rust like crazy now?

Tried to attach a photo but it's too big for the app...

Hot Sale Cleaning Brush Magic Stainless Steel Rod Magic Stick Metal Rust Remover Useful Kitchen Clean Tools
http://s.aliexpress.com/7JrMZRnU

Holy poo poo is that one gigantic fiberglass and/or asbestos scouring stick?! Holy poo poo holy poo poo owie I hate it.

I have a smaller, more retro version, called a Fiberglass Pencil (Amazon link). It's perfect for battery terminals and retro electronics with electromechanical relays and switches, but I've poked my finger before and it hurts like a bitch.

Jerry Cotton posted:

How... how much do office chairs cost at your local furniture store :confused:

You check first. Chairs are ridiculously expensive for anything that isn't a basic bitch $40 Walmart college special.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

You check first. Chairs are ridiculously expensive for anything that isn't a basic bitch $40 Walmart college special.

https://www.staples.com/Staples-Corvair-Luxura-Mesh-Back-Task-Chair-Black/product_934100 ?