Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Trump is president, principles flew out the window.

Do what feels good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Fighting Game reviews on steam are hilarious

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gonna start a new game tonight I think since so much poo poo got reset, come find me on Anus Prolapsia in the Goatman system(when I make it in like 8 hours)

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Slim Pickens posted:

Maybe check out a recent review or two if you're on the fence. It's a cool exploration game, but I haven't gotten into it long enough to get into the base building and saving enough money to buy a frigate takes a lot of grinding. But if you're into that already, you might like it.

Edit: poo poo looks good in the first stream I found

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI21xD5wyrQ

No Man’s Sky was also amazing for the first few hours. Wait a couple of weeks for reviews before spending money on it.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Loading a grasshopper up with a bunch of flamers is amazing when I get close to enemies.

The down side is that they really don't want me to and tend to focus all their firing on it :v:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

The Rat posted:

Loading a grasshopper up with a bunch of flamers is amazing when I get close to enemies.

The down side is that they really don't want me to and tend to focus all their firing on it :v:

My grasshopper strats, when possible, involve finding water to jump in and out of that also provides cover. Max jumpjets means the grasshopper can just arrive from out of cover, do an alpha strike, then basically nope out of the fight back into its cooling water/ice area.

It's great. Now that I'm into Assaults, the Grasshopper is my dedicated scout/harasser at first and finisher at the end when there aren't other fully operational Assaults that can blow through its armor easily.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
What the hell game are you two talking about

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
battletech

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

I used to play tabletop way back in the day, so you best believe I'm min maxing the poo poo out of some mechs :q:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hello, my name is LRMs and I brought like 90 friends.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Okay, so clicker games are games you just leave open and don't actually play, so you can make more gold and level up and play the game...less?

And there's actual ingame currency you can buy in this game for "auto clickers" that click for you, but when you're idle, you level up anyway?

How the gently caress does this work as a freemium model? :confused:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
clicker games are when you use clicker training to have fun and teach tricks to your dog/bird/whatever.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

mlmp08 posted:

Hello, my name is LRMs and I brought like 90 friends.

I've been doing this, but with SRMs. Enough SRM6 launchers will peel a hell of a lot of armor off, and by the time heat becomes an issue, you're in punching range anyways.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Current squad is LOStech sniper/LRM, dedicated LRM, an SRM-boat with some lasers, and Grasshopper as described above. I should change it up, as it makes it a bit easy/tedious at times.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Thirty minutes into the NMS patch and I have nothing but gripes. Granted some of them are caused by the RNG but still gripes.

1. Tutorial still can't be skipped. Oh, and now they break half your personal poo poo and start you away from the ship. If you're like me and got dumped on a toxic world that sucks
2. Crafting bullshit is worse because there are more parts to fix the ship and different types of carbon and iron now
3. It's making me walk 1000 units and back to pick up a part

Oh and the graphics don't look different at all.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I bought NMS but haven't played it yet. Not in the mood.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Okay I got to space now I'm bored

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

EBB posted:

Okay I got to space now I'm bored

Nms.txt

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Okay, so clicker games are games you just leave open and don't actually play, so you can make more gold and level up and play the game...less?

And there's actual ingame currency you can buy in this game for "auto clickers" that click for you, but when you're idle, you level up anyway?

How the gently caress does this work as a freemium model? :confused:

The only clicker game I found entertaining enough to stick with was the space potato game.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
There is a Crazy Taxi clicker on phones that’s not bad. It’s F2P and can be beaten without IAP.
It has a little bit of a plot that goes to some kind of dark places.

Also it has that Offspring song that was in the Dreamcast version of Crazy Taxi.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

bengy81 posted:

Also it has that Offspring song that was in the Dreamcast version of Crazy Taxi.

Wow, that's actually impressive. That messed up a bunch of the ports

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

you preordered Andromeda and were excited for it you cant judge anyone you bitch

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

mods changed my name posted:

you preordered Andromeda and were excited for it you cant judge anyone you bitch

:(

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

:laffo:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
lets not forget he also played thru it and actually enjoyed himself like some kind of freakazoid

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

mods changed my name posted:

Post of the month July 2018

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
like well after the writing was on the wall

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Andromeda was depressing because Mass Effect was by far my favorite series. 2 was the best but I think 1 is my favorite, the atmosphere of the game was just perfect. I still play through it every couple of years.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I don't get the love for ME at all. I'm glad you guys like it though, I figure it normalizes my mgsv love a lil bit

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

3 is my favorite strictly because of the Citadel DLC.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I bought a ps4 again

Honestly mostly because of tetris effect coming

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

I don't get the love for ME at all. I'm glad you guys like it though, I figure it normalizes my mgsv love a lil bit

same except i only think mgsv is a good game not the best

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

It's my official best game of all time

I'm still playing it. I maxed out my fobs completely and right now I'm chasing S-ranks and developing all the online only items before Konami takes the servers for scrap metal to make more pachinkos

Mods are hella fun for it too, and steam sale brought a whole ton of fresh fobs to decimate

I developed nukes to go full demon so now I fully clear fobs. I don't even want your trash soldiers, they'll just put up more anime posters.

Level 8+ weapons are goddamn rediculous

Endgame is basically peace walker 2: next generation and its everything I wanted after beating pw

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
:yikes:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Exactly

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Also hey mohun world is actually fun and well made

Not sure how it's a Capcom game

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's not my thing but I totally get it. Like how I can sit down and jam poo poo out in Factorio for hours on end working on minutiae.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Bunch of people told me I should try Monster Hunter and I just have zero desire to play a Capcom anime game.

A SOF Marine
May 29, 2013
I played Monster Hunter World for several hours and remember nothing specific or interesting about it.

I played Rimworld for like an hour and lost 2 colonies and laughed the whole way through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

A SOF Marine posted:

I played Rimworld for like an hour and lost 2 colonies and laughed the whole way through.

If anyone isn't convinced on this, wildlife can and will get a form of rabies that not only makes them horribly aggressive, they also explode. You'll be tooling along, get a nice colony going, food, water, medicine, guns, killing, imprisoning and converting or eating raiders then lose it all to a beaver, some squirrels and a goddamned cow that fought their way in and blew up.

Edit: The point I trying to make being that failure in RimWorld isn't going to be what you expect but it'll probably be loving funny.

Steezo fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 25, 2018