Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Overdrift posted:

I bought this game at launch as well as when Stormblood launched for PC, and now I'm finding myself wanting to check this out on PS4. I know you need to buy a whole new license, but is there any deals or discounts available out there for existing players that want to change platforms?
It goes somewhat regularly on sale on EU PSN, or you could see if you can get a physical copy of the complete edition somewhere.
You need a license for the base game and all expansions if you want to play on another platform.

Safeword posted:

Oh good grief, I have to update through the PS4 game client and can't leave this to download while I'm doing something else? This is a ten hour download...

Rest mode suspends the download. Ugh.

I had to disable the auto turn off feature to download all the patches and left it on over night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I like how Marcelain, the Ishgard Knight at the gates, has all his dialogue changing throughout the game. When you first show up to Coerthas he is all snooty as to be expected, when Ishgard comes under attack his dialogue is more panicked and how he can't be bothered, after doing Steps he is far more positive and thinks you should be allowed into the city, and is joyous when you are allowed into Ishgard. Not only is his introduction dialogue changed, but the "what do you do here" and "what is this place" dialogue all changes in each instance.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Related, I love how the reactions range from "what." to "do...do you have brain damage?" when you go back to the class trainers for the disciplines you've leveled to max and ask them to explain their profession to you.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Leal posted:

I like how Marcelain, the Ishgard Knight at the gates, has all his dialogue changing throughout the game. When you first show up to Coerthas he is all snooty as to be expected, when Ishgard comes under attack his dialogue is more panicked and how he can't be bothered, after doing Steps he is far more positive and thinks you should be allowed into the city, and is joyous when you are allowed into Ishgard. Not only is his introduction dialogue changed, but the "what do you do here" and "what is this place" dialogue all changes in each instance.

Man, when I first arrived at Coerthas I said gently caress Ishgard, and now I'm at the last quest of 3.0 and I want nothing more than to save it. This game is good at that.

Weissritter
Jun 14, 2012

Schneider Heim posted:

Man, when I first arrived at Coerthas I said gently caress Ishgard, and now I'm at the last quest of 3.0 and I want nothing more than to save it. This game is good at that.

One of my favorite incidental dialogue for this happens in a Stormblood dungeon.

"Ishgard remembers, Warrior of Light!"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

NeurosisHead posted:

Also, regarding controller chat. Did you have to do anything special to get your buttons arranged in a way that makes sense, or do they map intelligently out of the box?

Much the same as when they get chucked onto your regular hotbars, they just..get added in order. So yeah you'll need to move some stuff around.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

I am hella PEEVED posted:

Teleport do not matter, even at lower levels. By like level 20, MSQ rewards are more than max cost teleport fees to Kugane cost. My level 30 paladin (the lowest class I have available who can do Roulettes), gets 1700 gil as a base reward from Leveling Roulette.

Teleport fees don't matter, please stop adding Reduced Rates as an FC action whoever does it.

Some quick estimations indicate reduced rates has probably saved me somewhere in the neighborhood of half a million gil.

Please keep adding reduced rates as an FC action whoever does it.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Weissritter posted:

One of my favorite incidental dialogue for this happens in a Stormblood dungeon.

"Ishgard remembers, Warrior of Light!"

I'm still wondering what the wood remembers. :tinfoil:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

finally hit level 70 on my first class!

can we please god not bring back curious gorge for the next expansion i am loving begging you yoshi p

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm still wondering what the wood remembers. :tinfoil:

Being chopped down and turned into a hitting stick, it’s very upset

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Kaubocks posted:

can we please god not bring back curious gorge for the next expansion i am loving begging you yoshi p

get out

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Kaubocks posted:

bad tank spotted

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kaubocks posted:

Who else would you learn Warrior skills from?

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Kaubocks posted:

look at this wrong opinion, look at it and laugh.

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.
They really dropped the ball by not naming him Gorgeous Gorge.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

curious gorge was fine for levels 30-50 but has long overstayed his welcome and actively ruins storylines by being forced in where he doesn’t belong and this is absolutely the hill i will die on

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
If the level 80 warrior quest isn't you defending his wedding from a small army I don't know what square is even doing

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Who else would you learn Warrior skills from?

Has hasn't taught any warrior skills since 50.

So uh, that widens the field quite a bit.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
So Curious George is the Warrior trainer, I gather?

I wanna do more job questlines for the stories. Who are the cool ones, aside from Fray and Sidurgu?

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.
Armorer.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Schneider Heim posted:

No.

it's spelled Gorge

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Schneider Heim posted:

I wanna do more job questlines for the stories. Who are the cool ones, aside from Fray and Sidurgu?

Definitely not the PLD one, the most boring nothing story ever written.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

Pretty much all the DoH ones are excellent (GSM, CUL, LTW, ALC are the highlights). DoL is more variable but MNR 60-70 is great. SMN and DRG are probably the most plot-relevant 30-50 quests. DRK is widely considered to have the absolute best quests in the game.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I like the Paladin Stormblood quests though, as bad as the rest are. It's just checking in on some buddies from other job quests before you beat them up.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

One of the cool things is that the Paladin quests can acknowledge "yeah you met this guys before." For example, one of the NPCs is a guy who asked you to make him a sword in the Blacksmith quests, and when you run into him he says "hey you made me a rad sword, but I won't dishonor it or you by going easy!". And I thought that was neat. Unfortunately, I doubt the recognition would go the other way, because that would require touching old content, and old content has cooties.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Ugh time to level crafting I guess

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

If you enjoy shooting snooty elves in the face MCH is great and has best girl Hilda.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

MechaCrash posted:

One of the cool things is that the Paladin quests can acknowledge "yeah you met this guys before." For example, one of the NPCs is a guy who asked you to make him a sword in the Blacksmith quests, and when you run into him he says "hey you made me a rad sword, but I won't dishonor it or you by going easy!". And I thought that was neat. Unfortunately, I doubt the recognition would go the other way, because that would require touching old content, and old content has cooties.

That was a great callback and I'm glad I took the time to level the crafting classes before Stormblood. Though when Nanamo mentioned founding an Ala Mhigan jewelers' school in the MSQ, I felt guilty for not having done the Stormblood Goldsmith quests yet.

Biggest disappointment of the expansion is that they didn't feature Widargelt as a main character like Heavensward did Estinien.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)

super sweet best pal posted:

Biggest disappointment of the expansion is that they didn't feature Widargelt Hamon Holyfist as a main character like Heavensward did Estinien.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

I quite liked the MNK stormblood quests though, they were entertaining.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
That's fair; I haven't really played any melee DPS since ARR ninja so I don't really know much about it. I just like Hamon Holyfist.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Alakaiser posted:

That's fair; I haven't really played any melee DPS since ARR ninja so I don't really know much about it. I just like Hamon Holyfist.

He was in it!

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Oh my goodness, this game is absolutely beautiful - graphically and musically.

Made a Moon Cat girl, and am running around shooting everything with a bow. It's so pretty.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

MechaCrash posted:

Actually, I leveled up all of my craft jobs recently, and that guy actually commented on our little fight in the arena. The dude was thrilled to pieces that I was making a sword for him, it was pretty neat.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Pentamelding is the real end game :negative:

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Safeword posted:

Oh my goodness, this game is absolutely beautiful - graphically and musically.

Made a Moon Cat girl, and am running around shooting everything with a bow. It's so pretty.

This is literally my friend, except they made a catboi.

Whenever we explore a new zone they break to go talk to and hug all the animals.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Schneider Heim posted:

AST is also a lot of fun! Love hanging out with my useless friend Jannequinard

it's also kinda novel to have minor NPCs that still poo poo on you after you've leveled to 60

dmboogie fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 25, 2018

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Schneider Heim posted:

Ninja. You get to meet Karasu and occasionally Yugiri gives you props.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

dmboogie posted:

AST is also a lot of fun! Love hanging out with my useless friend Jannequinard

it's also kinda novel to have minor NPCs that still poo poo on you after you've leveled to 60

AST legit has the best cast of job quest NPCs in the game. Jannequinard is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
AST crew is great because they're all giant nerds who dunk on each other and are also terrifyingly horny.

A real gaggle of idiots.