Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Soiled Meat
What was that quote about I wanna say an AYB photo, went something like a picture says more than a thousand words and in this case those words are "douchebags"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Is that a penis or a forearm? :thunkher:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

What an amateur. Real fleshlight buffs know that you leave it lying out unwashed and the ants find it on their own. It's self anting.

Mierenneuker posted:

*takes notes*

It's always a beautiful thing when someone seizes the chance to let their username be that perfect punchline.

Mierenneuker loosely translates to "Ant-fucker" in Dutch, apparently.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Karate Bastard posted:

What was that quote about I wanna say an AYB photo, went something like a picture says more than a thousand words and in this case those words are "douchebags"?

IIRC it was "If a picture is worth a thousand words, then someone just said 'douchebag' a whole bunch."

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Rollersnake posted:

IIRC it was "If a picture is worth a thousand words, then someone just said 'douchebag' a whole bunch."

Yep, that's it. The site is still up, amazingly.

My favorite is the pilot selfie in a cockpit with the comment "uhhhhh sorry tower could you repeat that, i was taking pictures of myself"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

cash crab posted:

None of y'all are allowed to talk about coupons, black people or cops for a bit. Seriously. Simmer down. CSPAM has a Hot Takes thread if you wanna dump some garbage there.

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Does anyone remember that thread about Bill Cosby's car getting towed right before one of his trials because the traffic cop thought some coupons left on it were tickets? I think it was posted in Coupons thread for irony

edit: Whoops bad timing

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Mierenneuker loosely translates to "Ant-fucker" in Dutch, apparently.

That's the exact literal translation. It's used to refer to someone who makes a big deal out of tiny details.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Griefor posted:

That's the exact literal translation. It's used to refer to someone who makes a big deal out of tiny details.

That.

Is great.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

"Making a mounting out of a mole hill."

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

They're called flueknepper = flyfucker in danish

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Krankenstyle posted:

Core English sucks, but the dlc/appropriation options are amazing.

Lysistrata
Sep 12, 2003
Anyone who truly believes he has friends is a fool.

Quiet Feet posted:

Waiter: "Hey boss, we need that grilled salmon plate out here right away!"

Zombie: "Dig through the dishes and debone the fishes I'm slammed at the back of my restaurant!"

Click through and backread for more Restaurant Rob Zombie.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Lysistrata posted:

Click through and backread for more Restaurant Rob Zombie.

this reminds me of:

The Golden Man posted:

me: mom i think i may be in trouble for getting $1300 in american money on a donation website by saying I have leukemia please dont sing dragula
mom: dead i am the one
me, sobbing: please please i got a phone call from the canada revenus agency
my dad via speakerphone: conquering the worm

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Soiled Meat

Krankenstyle posted:

I'm partial to the French enculeur de mouches myself, as in assfucker of flies. Very evocative.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
There's also the Australian phrase "I'm not here to gently caress spiders" which means "I'm not here to mess around/waste time"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Don't let the furries hear about this.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's also the Australian phrase "I'm not here to gently caress spiders" which means "I'm not here to mess around/waste time"

I like the implication that loving spiders is a waste of time.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Don't let the furries hear about this.

That is not the preferred nomenclature. Buggers, please.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
What is the "mom don't sing Dragula" thing originally from?

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750059&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Some guy named Cummings

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

jonsicoli posted:

Counterpoint:

(From Skyrim or something, not Starbound)

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Wow.

Qwopulation.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

I thought it was Sally Field at first, but the goog says it's a photo from a Disney promo event so I think it might be a regular costumed actor. Dopey's off to the right.

NtotheTC posted:

Dude have a heart that was just his way of coping

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

kxZyle posted:

quote:

T-man posted:

Eh, it's a dyin'.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
yo that looks like Monika from DDLC

What if this is a sequel

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
trap sprung

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

sneakyfrog posted:

trap sprung

god DAMMIT

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Soiled Meat
Daddy Dom Little... Uhh? Communist??? Help me out here.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Damned Downloadable Content

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Doki Doki Literature Club. A surrealist (?) horror (?) metafictional Visual Novel game.

(Yes, yes, trap sprung, go loving play DDLC it's loving great)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

no i read in a newspaper that it causes suicide

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Krankenstyle posted:

no i read in a newspaper that it causes suicide

It's a bit dark if you're kinda unstable. Like my coworker, who's still fulfilling the dead/deleted main female characters wish by carrying her files around on a thumb drive.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Neito posted:

It's a bit dark if you're kinda unstable. Like my coworker, who's still fulfilling the dead/deleted main female characters wish by carrying her files around on a thumb drive.

uhhhhh

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Neito posted:

video games got weird man

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

My favorite part about that is that while the donation trouble phone call thing is kinda self explanatory as what the thread is ragging on without reading it first, the Dragula part, which is the funny part, has literally no context, it just pops up completely spontaneously in the thread and then every time it's quoted someone asks about the meaning behind the joke and just gets linked back to the thread.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

i always assumed it was extrapolated from the random early pearl jam gretzkys alice in chains post (subsequent posters iterating on the situation but with other lyrics, etc)

Carthag Tuek has a new favorite as of 23:45 on Jul 26, 2018

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

also metafiction is fantastic if its like Borges, and theres a lot of poo poo that is just bad

but pretending that a japanese anime dating game is the real world is a step beyond what i would call healthy

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Don't pretend that dumbass people who can't tell fiction from reality only popped up with video games. They've always been around.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

Krankenstyle posted:

also metafiction is fantastic if its like Borges, and theres a lot of poo poo that is just bad

but pretending that a japanese anime dating game is the real world is a step beyond what i would call healthy

To be fair he's not pretending. She literally requests you put her on a flash drive and carry her around so she can see the world with you, the player, the actual real life human playing the game, as you're the first person she ever loved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

^^ i did not mean that the character was pretending you idiot ^^

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Don't pretend that dumbass people who can't tell fiction from reality only popped up with video games. They've always been around.

I'm not pretending anything

Pretending a russian generational novel is real life is also bad, or a canadian bear/woman romance