Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Can I get some kind of transcript or something please?

yes, you can :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUPDkB-A1P0

(UK English CC)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
f;b

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
You are a gem. That is amazing.
And I apologize for repeatedly asking for stuff like that when these things come up, but, y'know. Deaf.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

They would also love to have events like yesterday

https://mobile.twitter.com/business/status/1022864531100508160

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

https://globalnews.ca/news/4357966/danforth-shooting-toronto-anti-islam-protester-fountain/

Video in the link: guy gets tossed into a fountain for being an rear end in a top hat

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Picnic Princess posted:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4357966/danforth-shooting-toronto-anti-islam-protester-fountain/

Video in the link: guy gets tossed into a fountain for being an rear end in a top hat

Is there another source for the video, because I've had to reload the site about twenty times with different sites unblocked in NoScript and it still isn't playing.

The schadenfreude is on people who just want to watch funny videos without getting bombarded with ads and malware.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

I blame vaccines.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

MageMage posted:

I blame vaccines.

:hmmyes:

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.

Inco posted:

Is there another source for the video, because I've had to reload the site about twenty times with different sites unblocked in NoScript and it still isn't playing.

The schadenfreude is on people who just want to watch funny videos without getting bombarded with ads and malware.

Sure, gently caress anti-adblock websites

edit: that's weird, I can download it but not upload somewhere else?

edit 2: let's see if it's the host

edit 3: huh, this is weird. Either I or they are dumber or smarter than I expected, the best I can do is a download link, my bad.

Samuringa has a new favorite as of 04:01 on Jul 28, 2018

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
They took a look at the map, looked up at the road again, looked at the map, looked at the road, nodded once and threw the map over their shoulder before planting the foot and racing as fast as they could towards Imnotownedville.

edit: the link in magemage's avatar, I mean

Weatherman has a new favorite as of 04:02 on Jul 28, 2018

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
Hahaha, holy poo poo that new avatar. Should have just eaten that red text and called it. Wow

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Samuringa posted:

Sure, gently caress anti-adblock websites

edit: that's weird, I can download it but not upload somewhere else?

edit 2: let's see if it's the host

edit 3: huh, this is weird. Either I or they are dumber or smarter than I expected, the best I can do is a download link, my bad.

idk if you can do it with a video site, but I get around the "turn off your adblock" thing on news sites by turning off javascript for that specific website. get to Site Settings in chrome by clicking on the Secure lock between the URL box and back/refresh buttons

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

BrianBoitano posted:

That's part of it. Another related part is to be more hands-on with the usual buyers of user data. In addition to selling data to advertisers, their business model is to cross-sell directly. They'll partner with Red Robin or whatever to give moviegoers a 10%!!!! off coupon to a restaurant/cafe/strip club as part of their movie night and make a commission on every conversion.

Predictive models didn't quite get the assumptions right, so they had to cut the loss per user by first limiting to one view per movie, cutting out popular AMC locations, and soon increasing their membership fees.

MoviePass has also been asking for a cut of the concession revenue from the chains, which is why AMC told them to gently caress off (and then started their own subscription service).

The most recent hilarious development before the whole running-out-of-money thing was introducing peak hour surcharges in some markets, so the schad is on anyone who just signed up for the thing and was then asked to pay an additional $5 for the 8:00 showing of Incredibles 2.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.

bring back old gbs posted:

idk if you can do it with a video site, but I get around the "turn off your adblock" thing on news sites by turning off javascript for that specific website. get to Site Settings in chrome by clicking on the Secure lock between the URL box and back/refresh buttons

I use Ublocks element picker to further block their overlays and popup' that beg me to remove the popup blocker that disables most of their poo poo too. Also .js is loaded the very last so if you just hammer the stop button on a page load you can bypass most of those overlays too if you don't run a blocker.

https://i.imgur.com/QnCHvLj.mp4

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I've ridden in Teslas a few times and have been extremely underwhelmed every time. The biggest compliment I can come up with is I think the door handles are kinda neat. Like something an 80's movie about 2004 would have had.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Inco posted:

Just google 'anti-muslim protestor thrown into danforth fountain' and there'll be a bunch of results
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/video/anti-muslim-protester-thrown-into-fountain-at-danforth-shooting-site/vi-BBL9wN7

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Just google 'anti-muslim protestor thrown into danforth fountain' and there'll be a bunch of results
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/video/anti-muslim-protester-thrown-into-fountain-at-danforth-shooting-site/vi-BBL9wN7

gently caress that guy coming in at the end and trying to shame the crowd.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I suppose this counts:

On the Ranger Danger podcast (which, as you might guess, covers Power Rangers), they were covering one of the worst episodes they've experienced, even for a show as low-budget and terrible as Power Rangers usually is. They don't handle it well when they discover how many more episodes from that writer they are going to have to sit through.

Skip to 50:06 on the page to hear the schadenjourney. It's glorious.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Starting to think Piers Morgan is sexually aroused by publically humiliating himself.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Jippa posted:

Sure, but I was just wondering how it sold so many (1000). I assumed it had to be a meme or what ever that every one loved. How many people even post in GIP?

It wasn't $1000. The $1000 figure was some dipshit that got probated for being dumb as hell.

Jippa posted:

For some one that spends lots of time on SA but never in GIP am I missing any context for that original design? Like I get the premise but is it some meme or some thing that is used a lot on there?

The front has S.M.D.F.T.B. irrc. (suck my dick from the back)
The rest of it is pretty self-explanatory.

SiKboy posted:

Close, it was fish antibiotics.

https://twitter.com/WrrrdNrrrdGrrrl/status/891643397009805312

Looking for the image led me to find out that apparently amazon no longer sell pet antibiotics and there was something of a crackdown on selling them over the counter. I didnt look into it too closely, reading about US healthcare depresses the gently caress out of me.

Yeah, the law was changed so people cant get cheap pig and fish antibiotics easily anymore. It doesn't really do anything to stem the tide of drug resistant bacteria because Chinese farms are sill injecting their animals with "last resort" antibiotics rather than improving their animal husbandry. RIP planet earth.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You are a gem. That is amazing.
And I apologize for repeatedly asking for stuff like that when these things come up, but, y'know. Deaf.

Thought of you when the OSHA thread was talking about a playground slide melting cochlear implants.

Deptfordx posted:

Starting to think Piers Morgan is sexually aroused by publically humiliating himself.

It's a shame he doesn't get off on being punched in the face repeatedly.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

MisterOblivious posted:

Thought of you when the OSHA thread was talking about a playground slide melting cochlear implants.
:stare: beg pardon?

Closed plastic slides/playground tubes are an enormous No-Go zone for implants because of static electricity, I remember that from when I was a kid. Did some poor kid get their implant fried? :(

Malachite_Dragon has a new favorite as of 10:12 on Jul 28, 2018

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Deptfordx posted:

Please don't think about Piers Morgan being sexually aroused.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:stare: beg pardon?

Closed plastic slides/playground tubes are an enormous No-Go zone for implants because of static electricity, I remember that from when I was a kid. Did some poor kid get their implant fried? :(

No.

A kid got second degree burns from hot slide. That’s all. It was a plastic slide.

I have faith that some day cochlear implants will be slide‐safe.

There are ways of hardening electronic circuits against damage by static electricity. Static safety was overlooked or at least not a priority for the first generation, but improved devices will be developed.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Deptfordx posted:

I feel like him and that Baked Alaska idiot are like Chev Chelios in Crank but instead of having to constantly produce adrenaline they have to self own several times a day in order not to die.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

MisterOblivious posted:

Yeah, the law was changed so people cant get cheap pig and fish antibiotics easily anymore. It doesn't really do anything to stem the tide of drug resistant bacteria because Chinese farms are sill injecting their animals with "last resort" antibiotics rather than improving their animal husbandry. RIP planet earth.

Yeah, not sure how well that's working out, given that my roommate spent $10 on Chewy.com for Fish Amoxicillin last Monday, and it was delivered on Wednesday. Not advocating for this at all, given that Epidemiology is what I do for a living, and drug-resistant bacteria are a HUGE problem, just saying that the 'cheap antibiotics without seeing a doctor' are still just a click away, really.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Martinpale posted:

Yeah, not sure how well that's working out, given that my roommate spent $10 on Chewy.com for Fish Amoxicillin last Monday, and it was delivered on Wednesday. Not advocating for this at all, given that Epidemiology is what I do for a living, and drug-resistant bacteria are a HUGE problem, just saying that the 'cheap antibiotics without seeing a doctor' are still just a click away, really.

Do they make fish asthma rescue inhalers?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
School Superintendent? Moar liek Stool Pooperintendent, lmao.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/gy3jjq/superintendent-resigns-pooping-on-high-school-track-new-jersey-thomas-tramaglini-vgtrn

All you really need to know posted:

Back in May, a high school in New Jersey got to the bottom of why human turds were showing up on its track "on a daily basis," discovering that—in a twist like something out of a weird, poop-themed Dan Brown novel—the alleged culprit was the superintendent of a neighboring school district. Now, almost three months later, the accused pooper is out of a job.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

So was he delivering fresh produce daily or was he a poop scooper? The article made me think it was the former, but I'm curious.

PharmerBoy
Jul 21, 2008
Back to the "why not import drugs?" point, the problem comes in with the fact that you're entrusting your health to an industry that becomes completely unregulated at that point. Its a complete poo poo-show trying to figure out which government (if any, based on their laws) would have jurisdiction to inspect/ensure standards for those drugs. Even if jurisdiction is established, foreign governments rarely have treaties/money/ability to go into other countries to check out pharmacy practices, and the local government puts a low priority on spending their limited budget to protect another country's citizens. This leads to situations like https://globalnews.ca/news/4143647/canada-drugs-fine-cancer-drugs/ where a "Canadian Pharmacy" was sold vials labeled as chemo drugs that were actually saline solution routed from a warehouse in Turkey that the Canadian group never actually even had in their possession. This is a rare case where legal action actually occurred, solely due to the close US-Canada relationship and the seriousness of the fraudulent meds (chemo).

TLDR; if you have any concerns about capitalist, for-profit health care, think about how that gets worse in the effectively unregulated international environment.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Mierenneuker posted:

So was he delivering fresh produce daily or was he a poop scooper? The article made me think it was the former, but I'm curious.

It's a story we need to get to the bottom of, that's for sure.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Mierenneuker posted:

He was pooping on the track. They set up a camera and caught him in the act.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

DiggityDoink posted:

He was pooping on the track. They set up a camera and caught him in the act.

This was your big chance to say they caught him with his pants down!!! <:mad:>

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
There seems to be an oddly consistent tendency for joggers to find a favorite squatstop and just dump on the lawn or on someone's sidewalk.

It really is mind boggling.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The ol' Jog Log.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

this is literally a South Park episode

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
That’s one of those headlines aspiring journos dream of writing.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.
One of the most hotly-tipped comedians of Montreal's Just For Laughs festival was booed off stage last night, after complaining about fellow stand-ups using their sets to address issues of race, gender and sexuality.

(Yes there is video)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/juliaraneyj/status/1023052620368359426