Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maybe they were right back the 80's, metal really is satan music and it has mystical power to end your life early.

Corollary: any metal artist that doesn't die isn't actually producing metal music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

Maybe they were right back the 80's, metal really is satan music and it has mystical power to end your life early.

Corollary: any metal artist that doesn't die isn't actually producing metal music.

This opens up a bold new front on the age old Converge debate.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Fuuuuuck I can’t believe I skipped them last year

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Mark Shelton of Manilla Road died.

loving sucks.

RIP.

A GO FUND ME page has been created to help bring Mark home.

https://www.gofundme.com/mark-shelton-rip

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I really like Egyptian themed bands, Nile was the only one I really got into but CRESCENT seem very good too.

Are there any others?

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Melechesh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4E4VA0wmBQ

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

A GO FUND ME page has been created to help bring Mark home.

https://www.gofundme.com/mark-shelton-rip

Dying on tour is rough, drat.

I think listening to bands based on a vague theme is bullshit, but Melechesh aren't even Egypt related, their themes are Mesopotamian(hence the word Sumerian in that song title).

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Dead Goon posted:

I really like Egyptian themed bands, Nile was the only one I really got into but CRESCENT seem very good too.

Are there any others?

Aeternam are alright. I don’t know if they still do that or if it was just the first album.

Melechesh touch on it but also write about Babylonian and Assyrian stuff. They rule if you like that middle eastern vibe in general.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

A human heart posted:

Dying on tour is rough, drat.

I think listening to bands based on a vague theme is bullshit, but Melechesh aren't even Egypt related, their themes are Mesopotamian(hence the word Sumerian in that song title).

True, but it has that similar middle eastern sound and they are a fantastic band. I probably should have been more specific in my post, I just got excited to post some Melechesh. Depends if Dead Goon is in fact looking for specifically Egypt-themed lyrics or if they're looking for more metal that incorporates that kind of sound.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I've never listened to Manilla Road and now I am going to fix this.

RIP to this old metaller. \m/

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

RIP Shelton :(

How many of y'all are actually going to Migration Fest?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kilometers Davis posted:

Mark Shelton of Manilla Road died.

loving sucks.

RIP.

Oh god drat it :(

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
well im glad i got a chance to see manilla road once before this

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Michael Romeo released a new album, hell yeah!

https://michaelromeo.bandcamp.com

Didn't know this was coming

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Weaponized Cum posted:

Michael Romeo released a new album, hell yeah!

https://michaelromeo.bandcamp.com

Didn't know this was coming

ahahahahahahaha, this is awful

e: that was harsh, but wow, this is uneven
e2: he looks about 120 pounds lighter in the promo shots

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jul 27, 2018

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Melechesh are extremely cool and good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euzd-Om57vM

blue.eyed.ash
Jul 17, 2006

Winner of the 'How Badly Will A Phone Game Milk Us Idiot Cash Cows?' Contest!

Answer: About $70USD for a bad character that unlocks the grind for another.

extra letters: star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-lord star-l

the yeti posted:

How many of y'all are actually going to Migration Fest?

I’m here. Stocky dude with a beard in a Boris shirt, so I’m sure I stand out. :v:

Holy gently caress, Couch Slut was way more intense and uncomfortable than I was expecting. What a loving set.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

blue.eyed.ash posted:

I’m here. Stocky dude with a beard in a Boris shirt, so I’m sure I stand out. :v:

Holy gently caress, Couch Slut was way more intense and uncomfortable than I was expecting. What a loving set.

Yes hello I am a stocky dude with a beard tattoos and a vest on you can't miss me :v: (but I'll be here all weekend look for green hair and a Sabbat backpatch

Couch Slut WERE intense. I regret not catching them around town before now.

Edit -- Yellow Eyes loving ripped too

the yeti fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Jul 28, 2018

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

the yeti posted:

Yes hello I am a stocky dude with a beard tattoos and a vest on you can't miss me :v: (but I'll be here all weekend look for green hair and a Sabbat backpatch

Couch Slut WERE intense. I regret not catching them around town before now.

Edit -- Yellow Eyes loving ripped too

Yeah I saw you/your back patch somewhere upstairs. Yellow Eyes owns. Bongripper seemed like they played a whole set of the chillest groovy poo poo they got but it was so good. I thought Forn and Khemmis were real good too

battlepigeon
Aug 3, 2008

Heart failure due to a heat stroke on the stage. Crappy way to go...

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

So it's been confirmed that it was this loving heatwave that did him in? I saw cardiac arrest and went "hmm", but didn't want to speculate

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Henchman of Santa posted:

Aeternam are alright. I don’t know if they still do that or if it was just the first album.

Melechesh touch on it but also write about Babylonian and Assyrian stuff. They rule if you like that middle eastern vibe in general.

Cheers man, yeah, that middle eastern vibe really appeals!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Smirr posted:

So it's been confirmed that it was this loving heatwave that did him in? I saw cardiac arrest and went "hmm", but didn't want to speculate
From this Facebook Live video posted by the band:

Bryan Patrick posted:

Last night I was able to hold Mark in my arms until the paramedics got there, I comforted him. He felt no pain, folks. He went quick. He suffered a heart attack. The stage was very hot last night — a lot of smoke. I was even struggling for a moment. And there were a couple of moments where I checked on him to make sure he was okay, and he gave me the nod. "Keep poundin', brother." He went out on top.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
That is unbelievably depressing. gently caress.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Sure would be nice if europeans could discover air conditioning.

Was travelling there a couple weeks ago and it was so loving miserable.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Kilometers Davis posted:

I’m warming up to Ghost lately. I like their poppy hooks and embracing the theatric over the top thing is fun and cool. Kinda tired of deep deathly serious bands around every corner.

Their aesthetic and all is fun but I cannot deal with the vocals

edit:wowy thats an old post

Pomp fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 28, 2018

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Pomp posted:

Their aesthetic and all of fun but I cannot deal with the vocals

My man you just quoted me from 4 months back being positive about Ghost. That’s a hate crime.

:love: really though I’m kinda the same way. They’re generic but fun and I’m okay with that. The vocals are simultaneously the strong and weak points. I like the hooks and the amusing lyrics but I don’t actually like main guy’s voice much.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Varg posted:

Yeah I saw you/your back patch somewhere upstairs. Yellow Eyes owns. Bongripper seemed like they played a whole set of the chillest groovy poo poo they got but it was so good. I thought Forn and Khemmis were real good too

I agree about Forn, and the guy from Khemmis busting out holy diver during sound check was really something lol. Bongripper ruled, I wasn't sure how engaging they'd be live but it was great.

Especially looking forward to Mutilation Rites, Mizmor, and Krallice today.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress, did they not have fans or anything on stage? What a terrible way to go.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I dunno, if I were to die of a drat heat stroke, I'd much rather it was in the middle of doing what I love instead of while taking out the garbage or something. I mean yeah it's still lovely and too early, but at least he died with his boots on.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
So i just saw Alestorm live for the first time not knowing much about them

Holy gently caress was that FUN

Highlights included a giant rubber duckie

Deadpool holding up a giant inflatable sex doll

500 people sitting down and loving ROWING during a song

A giant group circle dance

And tons of goofily dressed pirates

The gently caress Alestorm, the gently caress

stab fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jul 29, 2018

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Deadpool, eh? I saw Spiderman in a 1349 pit once, and an empty trash barrel, like a giant outdoor 60 gallon one, went crowdsurfing at my first concert ever.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Ritual Necromancy - To Raise the Writhing Shadows

click 4 good death metals

I know someone around here likes them.

saviro
Apr 28, 2005
the revenge of the peruvian

stab posted:

lol

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

You do not have to think alestorm is good to have fun at an alestorm show. It's a silly band that acts silly and it's fun.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

You do not have to think playing with blocks is good to have fun at the playcenter. It's a silly place that acts silly and it's fun.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

WoodrowSkillson posted:

You do not have to think alestorm is good to have fun at an alestorm show. It's a silly band that acts silly and it's fun.

The whole ripping off lady gaga video of telephone or whatever its called for their magnetic north video slays me.

Seriously watch the two of them side by side

I was dying

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

A human heart posted:

You do not have to think playing with blocks is good to have fun at the playcenter. It's a silly place that acts silly and it's fun.

Lol

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

stab posted:

I don’t care for Alestorm but I’m glad you had fun. Please ignore the babies itt who throw a fit when a band they don’t like is mentioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

A human heart posted:

I worked at one of these places when I was in high school and more than once I’ve had to tell trashy people in their 30’s to stop making out in the middle of it.

Probably just like an Alestorm concert, actually.