Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Resentment whirlpool? I see you’ve met my ex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
Read my long form thinkpiece about how women are too sexy to be allowed in public, now on wordforge

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Milotic posted:

Sorry for the lack of line breaks. There’s a comment by op which I’ve included separately

Wife (40f) wants me (40m) to go NC with family members or divorce

Comment

I think the new wife has been reading reddit comments too much and now think it’s ok to go no contact at the drop of a hat. Sometimes you have to put up with stuff.

I was really loving confused reading this wondering why his wife thought he should move to to North Carolina with ex to save their marriage :downs:

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Alan_Shore posted:

Someone please explain Jordan Peterson to me. Is he a dick? Genius? Sometimes ok? Had some good ideas? What's all the fuss?

He's a retard and he also cried like a loving baby when someone told him God isn't real and I'm dead serious

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I've never heard a word out of the guy's mouth but I'm here to tell you that anybody who owns Cathy Newman in an interview has at least one thing in their "Good Deeds" column at the pearly gates.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I think wife actually just wants a divorce, but is putting impossible demands in front so she feels better about it. Telling someone they must go no contact with their child and co parent is not a legitimate request.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

ArbitraryC posted:

well there are some regressive sounding policies among the wokest of the woke internet warriors, our forums themselves had some people pretty against interracial dating from weird leftist viewpoints. Back when they were around al cowens/sabel had a p solid screencap of DnD goons saying incredibly racist things about asians to justify why it wasn't okay for white people to date them.

what the gently caress? link?

MightyJoe36 posted:

It doesn't take brains to get in to a top 1% law school. Only connections and lots of money.

nah. top 10 law schools are the land of excellent standardized testers who may or may not have any idea of what they want to do with their humanities major (hi)

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Hellblazer187 posted:

I think wife actually just wants a divorce, but is putting impossible demands in front so she feels better about it. Telling someone they must go no contact with their child and co parent is not a legitimate request.

Yuppers. OP should just go no contact with his soon to be ex-wife. The extent of people this dude knows essentially berating her seems telling. People don't typically just berate or insult people openly for no reason in my experience. I'm interested to know what things were said to and about her that were apparently so egregious to go no contact with even portions of your own family.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Milotic posted:

Sorry for the lack of line breaks. There’s a comment by op which I’ve included separately

Comment

I think the new wife has been reading reddit comments too much and now think it’s ok to go no contact at the drop of a hat. Sometimes you have to put up with stuff.

Gg marrying an actual evil stepmother, dumbass

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Adar posted:

what the gently caress? link?

I dont have the link, its a pretty common tack to take, though. Basically imperialism is wrong, whites havin children with other races is imperialism, ergo whites having children with other races is wrong.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Milotic posted:

Comment

Isolating your partner from their family and friends like this is abuse. I'd be willing to bet that this lady would continue to find reasons he should cut out all his friends, until he's entirely socially dependent on her. It's about control.

Dude should let her go. Good riddance.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

tactlessbastard posted:

Gg marrying an actual evil stepmother, dumbass

Ahh it's the fault of the person being abused, what a delicious piping hot take!!!

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

yeah, the woman demanding her fiancé cut off contact with his child because mom is mean is the one i want to back.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet
dude was deliberately vague on the details of why the arguments started or what they're about, so assuming the wife is a perfect innocent and the sisters and baby mama are just sniping at her for no reason isn't justified any more than assuming the wife is a terrible harpy. gonna go with the hot take of "giving someone an ultimatum to cut their own child out of their life is Not Okay under any normal circumstances" though and dude should already be calling lawyers

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Stevie Lee posted:

I was really loving confused reading this wondering why his wife thought he should move to to North Carolina with ex to save their marriage :downs:
Same here.

:downs::hf::downs:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I (26M) was rejected by a (18F) after months of talking and two dates

quote:

I 've been talking with a girl on facebook since January while I was serving in the army. She was in her final year before going to university, I was talking to her about stuff happening there. We had common interests and a very similar sense of humour which I really liked, because it seems kinda rare for a girl being into memes, offensive poo poo and internet culture in general :P

Anyway, I hinted many times that we should meet after I return and she seemed very eager to. I'll TRY to keep it short without sacrificing much. Fast forward to 1 week ago, we finally meet. I was kinda underwhelmed because even though I had seen her face in pics, she didn't really look how I expected her to. So first date was a bit awkward, I didn't make any move and when I dropped her back to her house, I left feeling disappointed. And what do I do? I set up a second date when I get back home, which she accepts. Why? I think it's a combination of me trying to force this/give me a chance to reconsider, plus feeling bad for her because of my disinterest, I didn't want to hurt a much younger 18 year old girl. Am I a dumbass or what. So second date comes, she looks better to me this time, the flow is much better and we end up making out with an intensity I haven't experienced since I was 18 years old with my first girlfriend(even though I had more relationships/flings). She is hypnotized, leaning on my shoulder, I'm stroking her hair and poo poo.

Two days pass, we text each other the usual stuff and I tell her that since I was going to be in her area that night, we should go for a walk or something. She tells me "To be honest with you, I don't think we should meet. You are a great guy, but I'm not really feeling this and I don't think I'm in a phase in my life for something like this". This felt extremely sudden and strange to me, coming from the girl I had such a great date with 2 days ago and all that internet history. It would feel much more logical if this came after the 1st date at least, maybe I would even think she's making me a service. So I got other thoughts for what the real reason may be, but she assured me that she would have no problem telling me if it was something else and it's just that. I felt really lovely and I still do, even though less.

I know it's nothing and I'll probably get completely over it by the end of the week but I wanted to vent, maybe hear some opinions. It's funny, me, a much more experienced almost 27 year old getting hurt by 18 year old. And it's not like I was head over heels for her or anything, so I don't know why it even affected me that much. Although I am a pretty sensitive person (and maaaybe with a kinda fragile psychology). I think deep inside I just want a good, healthy, well-functioning realationship (with a girl I really like and it's not just a compromise) which I never really had, only my first gf of 2 years really clicked with me but I was an 18 year old rear end in a top hat with issues back then and I hosed it up. Thanks everyone for spending the time to read this, I'm happy to answer if you have any questions.

**TL;DR;** : I was rejected by a much younger girl who seemed really into me. It seems sudden, illogical and I feel more lovely than I would expect to.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

Creep acts like a creep, gets feelings hurt. Poor creep!

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
Wow a highschooler into gross humor and memes? This is perfect for me a 26 year old.

Wait she has opinions and preferences of her own? She's not won over by my obvious maturity and experience? I'm confused.

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

What a loving rear end in a top hat. It almost feels like a troll post.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

extra row of teeth posted:

What a loving rear end in a top hat. It almost feels like a troll post.

Please, not everyone who lives under a bridge and feeds on goats is a Troll-American

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

tactlessbastard posted:

Creep acts like a creep, gets feelings hurt. Poor creep!

You don’t understand, she was like hypnotized and poo poo.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

LadyPictureShow posted:

"I was unsatisfied after a first date but decided to give a second date a try and I am absolutely shocked that a woman could possibly have approached this scenario in the exact same way but decided that the second date hadn't changed her mind. How do I blame her for me being creepy and trying to cling onto the first person who let me slam my tongue down their throat?"

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

You don’t understand, she was like hypnotized and poo poo.

quote:

. I was kinda underwhelmed because even though I had seen her face in pics, she didn't really look how I expected her to. 

Another victim of the MySpace angle

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

quote:

I noticed that he was struggling to simply tie a rubber band around a chip bag

How can you struggle with that unless you have some kind of motor function issues? Also, is that really a skill that your parents teach you? How is this the trigger for her to do something and not him not being allowed to contribute to the household at all?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I've been on probably more dates with guys I met on the internet than in real life, and I can't imagine how much of a different between pictures and real life there'd have to be for me to be "Ugh, she doesn't look like I thought so bummed and turned off." like no poo poo people don't look like the pictures they upload for everyone to see online all the time.

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I think women are more sensitive to how they're being photographed. A guy will just look through some pictures of himself and go, ok I like how I look in these. Women spend years of their life experimenting with all their angles, different lighting, different filters. They're definitely better at taking misleading pictures than men on average.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Pay a person to get plastic surgery that makes them look like a less attractive version of you, then you just have to upload their pics instead of your own and you're always going to make the best impression on the first date.

I Was The Fury
Oct 19, 2012

Always stop to smell the flowers, just in case they're weeds

The only way to guarantee any dating partners will not feel deceived by your ugly fat rear end is to never date

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Captain Yossarian posted:

He's a retard and he also cried like a loving baby when someone told him God isn't real and I'm dead serious

He also got sick for a month for some reason and blamed it on drinking a small amount of apple vinegar and somehow he is worshipped as a paragon of manliness.

edit: remembered there was video of him admitting this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfoKwQ2Cw6A

cumshitter fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Aug 1, 2018

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

FAGGY CLAUSE posted:

I think women are more sensitive to how they're being photographed. A guy will just look through some pictures of himself and go, ok I like how I look in these. Women spend years of their life experimenting with all their angles, different lighting, different filters. They're definitely better at taking misleading pictures than men on average.

chicks all working in a lab to refine their top secret cropped-at-the-shoulders looking-up-at-the-camera technology, Faggy Clause is foiled again

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

chicks all working in a lab to refine their top secret cropped-at-the-shoulders looking-up-at-the-camera technology, Faggy Clause is foiled again

If only we could harness womenkind's vanity for good

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
I (29m) have trouble showing my daughter, (11F) affection.

quote:

u/hdhsjjd
I had my daughter when I was fresh out of high school. Admittedly, I wasn’t the greatest father to her. Her mom and I separated when she was only 2 years old, so I got to see her every other weekend. When she was young, I found it hard to be around her, because I’m not too fond of small children... I know it sounds bad, but I really can’t stand children under 6 or 7 years old.

As a result, I never formed a strong bond with my daughter. Now that she’s older, and more mature, I really enjoy spending time with her. We have a good relationship now, and we talk, and spend quality time together.. the problem is that we have more of a “friend” relationship, than a father/daughter relationship. It’s very awkward to show her affection.. even giving her a hug is extremely awkward for both of us.. I really hate that. I wish we could be more affectionate like other parents and children. The other day at the mall, I saw a child that was around my daughters age, rest her head on her father’s shoulder while they were sitting on a bench. My heart ached, because I want my daughter to do that to me..

How can I fix this, and begin a healthy relationship with my daughter?

TLDR: It’s really awkward when my daughter and I show each other affection. Need help to fix it.

Oh ok that’s bad but not unfixable

quote:

Tell her more often that you love her. Do you have a nickname for her. If not, think about something that you think is unique about her and start using it. Touch her more in little ways. Just keep doing it and you'll both get used to it.

quote:

hdhsjjd • 34m
I haven’t told her that I loved her. It would be really awkward

Wow. Wow. Wow wee wow.

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Keep these Jordan Peterson factoids coming. I'm loving this poo poo.

I started one of his books and it babbled on and on about lobsters loving and I put it down. Maybe there's a lesson to be learned in shellfish copulation but I have different priorities.

The Ferret King fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Aug 1, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Milotic posted:

Wow. Wow. Wow wee wow.

Yeesh.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Barudak posted:

I dont have the link, its a pretty common tack to take, though. Basically imperialism is wrong, whites havin children with other races is imperialism, ergo whites having children with other races is wrong.

I've always known wokeness that is so woke it wraps around the other side is a thing, but this particular angle somehow never clicked as possible

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Milotic posted:

Wow. Wow. Wow wee wow.

I mean I'd say the lady should get therapy but the kid is 11 and sadly probably already pretty hosed up from this. God drat that is some cold poo poo. Like my dad really never told me he loved me growing up but yeah she seems pretty drat cold.

Oh gently caress I read that as the mom wrote it. Point still stands that is some cold poo poo and I hope that the mom is at least making up for the lack of love this dude is giving.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
How do you not tell your kids you love them? Ugh, I feel sad for that daughter. I guess having kids in my 30s made it easier to parent than trying to be a parent while still having the mind of a child. I kiss my kids and tell them I love them like 50 times a day.

Leon Einstein fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Aug 1, 2018

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Milotic posted:

Wow. Wow. Wow wee wow.

Somewhere, a therapist specializing in daddy issues got the feeling it was going to be a good day.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

The Ferret King posted:

I started one of his books and it babbled on and on about lobsters loving and I put it down. Maybe there's a lesson to be learned in shellfish copulation but I have different priorities.

He believes the world is ending because his wife had a vision.

He still does counseling sessions with patients and he let his wife act as his secretary and go through their emails, which is probably a massive HIPAA violation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

The Ferret King posted:

He's been owned multiple times by lobster experts on Twitter which is also v good