Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

That update proves the villains Tyranitar is a complete wimp. She should've been chunky salsa from being hit by one but just goes "oof" instead. Way to make them look ineffectual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

The Tyranitar pulled its punch.
The Tyranitar is the hero this city doesn't deserve.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Arcade Rabbit posted:

Also why have both of the Pulse pokemon so far been colored incorrectly? Base Tangrowth was dark green, and now Base Muk was a weird dark purple.

They have that star in their part of the UI, so I presume its because they're meant to be shiny.

PULSE Muk was a garbage design though, for sure. Tangrowth wasn't great, but at least it looked like some effort was put into it.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Dragonatrix posted:

PULSE Muk was a garbage design though, for sure. Tangrowth wasn't great, but at least it looked like some effort was put into it.

Do I come to your home and call your son ugly?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

The Tyranitar pulled its punch.
The Tyranitar is the hero this city doesn't deserve.

As much as Team Meteor sucks, they couldn't instill hate into that Tyranitar.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Tyranitar
Use Superpower

on the Giirl *Evil Musical Sting*

Whats next
more than 6 pokemon

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Aug 1, 2018

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

No, see, he'd obviously already used it to edgily attack random humans because evil, so its attack stat was lowered.

Or else humans in this clusterfuck world are literally poison-type as well as metaphorically.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Black Robe posted:

No, see, he'd obviously already used it to edgily attack random humans because evil, so its attack stat was lowered.

Or else humans in this clusterfuck world are literally poison-type as well as metaphorically.

Actually she's part-Fairy because she's *~SECRETLY MAGICAL~*. At least I hope so, I'm one space away from a Fanfic Bingo.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Arcade Rabbit posted:

Also why have both of the Pulse pokemon so far been colored incorrectly? Base Tangrowth was dark green, and now Base Muk was a weird dark purple.

Tangrowth and Muk were shiny. They have the little asterisk-looking thing next to their HP bars.

Same symbol appears next to my shiny pokemon as well:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

RareAcumen posted:

As much as Team Meteor sucks, they couldn't instill hate into that Tyranitar.

That Tyranitar is too good and pure for Reborn.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChrisBTY posted:

That Tyranitar is too good and pure for Reborn.

Tyranitar just wants to wreck up some mountains to make a nest.

But it doesn't wanna beat up women.

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

I can't see Solaris back sprite as anything but a baboon butt with pink cheeks

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I haven't been paying much attention

How far away from bingo am I?

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.

Azza Bamboo posted:

Oh dear. I think you may have several bingos already, but I'm hesitant to go reading through the whole garbage fire again to figure it out.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I think we're one author's note away from a blackout.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
I don't remember the seduction plan either, but it's more efficient to mark the spots we don't have at this point

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Oh, I see. The Sapphire Bracelet and Ruby Ring and Emerald Nipple Piercing and Amethyst, uh, some kind of edgy jewelry are gonna be a thing.

Also Amaria is apparently ghost type. and I like that mr badguy just abandons having his poekmon attack people after one try. "ah, didn't work, gently caress it I give up"

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
If it turns out Amaria was pregnant I'm going to scream externally IRL.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!

McDragon posted:

Also Amaria is apparently ghost type.

Well, there's precedent in Reborn for humans to be Pokemon types, apparently, for as little sense as it makes.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

"...Incidentally, Samson is the reserve Fighting Leader for the Reborn League! That means when the current leader retires, he takes her place! It also means that if I were to throw a PSYCHIC attack in his FACE it would be SUPER EFFECTIVE. And, dear Samson, that's exactly what's going to happen if you don't tell us something about yourself right now~!"

Edit: I know it's just a joke, but nobody reacts to it and it's kind of a strange thing to say in general.

Epicmissingno fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Aug 1, 2018

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I... think that was supposed to be banter?

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Epicmissingno posted:

Well, there's precedent in Reborn for humans to be Pokemon types, apparently, for as little sense as it makes.

Does that make an electrician electric type? And a plumber water/steel?
A fireman water/fire? :psyduck:

F14m3rz
Jul 23, 2018

I've obsessed over Pokemon Reborn so much, I have a color-coded 5,999-word document filled with quotes, pieces of lore, and my own findings of the game so far up to the end of E17.

Epicmissingno posted:

No, it’s just part of a recurring joke with the Interview segments. She tries to interview someone, and she either can’t get anything out of them because they don’t care, they’re freaked out by the prospect of a talking Gardevoire showing up out of nowhere and ask her to go away, they’re busy with something and have to cut the Interview short, or they’re so cryptic/insane that whatever she gets barely registers.
It’s a “recurring joke” of sorts.

Also, I’m not sure why, but there’s this one prominent-ish dude in the Reborn forum (not a developer or mod creator, but he’s got a lot of reputation points or whatever) who nitpicks Pokemon Insurgence to high heaven. Don’t get me wrong, I have my own problems with the game, like huge plot beats that don’t get enough attention so that things don’t feel as important as they should, but he’s more along the lines of “There’s a graphical glitch in this location”, or “This move animation sucks and they don’t give good enough information about how to change it”, or “How dare they do a joke where an NPC is blocking the way to a Pokeball item without moving out of the way?”, and using it as a point as to why it’s one of the worst fangames ever. It’s kinda weird.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Geemer posted:

Does that make an electrician electric type? And a plumber water/steel?
A fireman water/fire? :psyduck:

Fire/Fighting

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

ChrisBTY posted:

Fire/Fighting

Water/Fighting

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Folt The Bolt posted:

Water/Fighting

The saying is fight fire with fire. :cheeky:

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

McDragon posted:

Oh, I see. The Sapphire Bracelet and Ruby Ring and Emerald Nipple Piercing and Amethyst, uh, some kind of edgy jewelry are gonna be a thing.

It's the Amethyst Prince Albert, which is really a perfect metaphor for what experiencing Pokemon Reborn feels like.

hopefully that joke wasn't too off-color

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

Fire/Fighting

:negative:

F14m3rz
Jul 23, 2018

I've obsessed over Pokemon Reborn so much, I have a color-coded 5,999-word document filled with quotes, pieces of lore, and my own findings of the game so far up to the end of E17.

EclecticTastes posted:

It's the Amethyst Prince Albert, which is really a perfect metaphor for what experiencing Pokemon Reborn feels like.

hopefully that joke wasn't too off-color

I don't know what a "Prince Albert" is, so I guess I'll look it up.
A man's genital piercing in which a ring is passed through the opening of the urethra and pierced through the underside of the glans of the penis.
... Huh. Sounds painful. I dunno, I'm unfamiliar with piercings in general. I'm more of a guy who throws Impostor Dittos in front of Pokemon I don't like.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
Solaris (his writers) must think they're some edgy hot trainer for directing their attacks towards humans.
When this happens all the time in the manga and with certain villains in the show.

And yet it still feels dumb here.

F14m3rz
Jul 23, 2018

DeafNote posted:

Solaris (his writers) must think they're some edgy hot trainer for directing their attacks towards humans.
When this happens all the time in the manga and with certain villains in the show.

And yet it still feels dumb here.

Probably because they're bringing too much attention to it.
{Solaris: And now that you have your back turned... Garchomp, Dragon Rush; EXECUTE!
*Later*
Solaris: Hmph, you have beaten me. I suppose I would be remiss if I didn't leave a parting gift. Tyranitar, use Superpower... on the girl! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!}

When in any other story, it'd just be-

{Solaris: Garchomp, Dragon Rush.
*Later*
Solaris: Tyranitar, Superpower.}

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

also anime and manga can better depict that kind of dramatic action than a tiny sprite colliding into another tiny sprite

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Also I guess that dude being beheaded by the Garchomp in Ghostman's gym was meant as foreshadowing? Or, like, postshadowing? Basically he was a dude the bad guy murdered because he's SO EVIL YOU GUYS.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

F14m3rz posted:

Probably because they're bringing too much attention to it.
{Solaris: And now that you have your back turned... Garchomp, Dragon Rush; EXECUTE!
*Later*
Solaris: Hmph, you have beaten me. I suppose I would be remiss if I didn't leave a parting gift. Tyranitar, use Superpower... on the girl! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!}

When in any other story, it'd just be-

{Solaris: Garchomp, Dragon Rush.
*Later*
Solaris: Tyranitar, Superpower.}

Solaris: "Come with me Raven, I have something to show you."
*Raven follows Solaris with no player input*

Solaris: "Here, is a creature we have created that is somewhat similar but quite unlike a pokemon. It was the result of years of research into both human and pokemon biology."
*Solaris reveals what appears to be a creature kind of similar to a young Growlithe, or Houndour, but decidedly different*

Solaris: "Why did we create this being? Allow me -"
*Solaris releases Tyranitar*

"Tyranitar, use Low Kick. On the puppy."

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Solaris: "Come with me Raven, I have something to show you."
*Raven follows Solaris with no player input*

Solaris: "Here, is a creature we have created that is somewhat similar but quite unlike a pokemon. It was the result of years of research into both human and pokemon biology."
*Solaris reveals what appears to be a creature kind of similar to a young Growlithe, or Houndour, but decidedly different*

Solaris: "Why did we create this being? Allow me -"
*Solaris releases Tyranitar*

"Tyranitar, use Low Kick. On the puppy."

:golfclap:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Raven... sister...

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Arcade Rabbit posted:

I know its a smaller thing compared to everything else, but wow does Pulse Muk look terrible. Was really hoping for more from that, given the sprite work has generally been the upside of this train wreck. Also why have both of the Pulse pokemon so far been colored incorrectly? Base Tangrowth was dark green, and now Base Muk was a weird dark purple.
Aren't most of the sprites done by somebody else and Reborn is just using them? But the Pulse forms are unique to this game.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

F14m3rz posted:

Also, I’m not sure why, but there’s this one prominent-ish dude in the Reborn forum (not a developer or mod creator, but he’s got a lot of reputation points or whatever) who nitpicks Pokemon Insurgence to high heaven. Don’t get me wrong, I have my own problems with the game, like huge plot beats that don’t get enough attention so that things don’t feel as important as they should, but he’s more along the lines of “There’s a graphical glitch in this location”, or “This move animation sucks and they don’t give good enough information about how to change it”, or “How dare they do a joke where an NPC is blocking the way to a Pokeball item without moving out of the way?”, and using it as a point as to why it’s one of the worst fangames ever. It’s kinda weird.

I can't believe the Reborn forums invented Cinema Sins but for fangames. :v:

F14m3rz
Jul 23, 2018

Zereth posted:

Aren't most of the sprites done by somebody else and Reborn is just using them? But the Pulse forms are unique to this game.

If I remember correctly, while Gen V and below are normal sprites, while Gen VI and above are custom sprites done by Amethyst's team. I remember from Jackal's playthrough on the Temple of Kraden forum, when he made fun of Espurr's sprite.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Azza Bamboo posted:

This is how we are presently:

We do hit a bingo eventually - but where? Place your bets!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

This is how we are presently:

We do hit a bingo eventually - but where? Place your bets!

I'd argue that we've had a self-insert Mary Sue in Ame, but otherwise that looks pretty accurate. And the whole orphanage thing might be considered false imprisonment...but apparently it's not even though it really should be.

Edit: also I'm betting that we get a bingo on, at the very least, the second column from the left.