Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Verranicus posted:

Man, Super Robot Taisen X-O is the first gacha I've played where they don't shower you with so much stamina/AP you can easily clear the whole main story without ever waiting. Made it as far as chapter 5 and each mission is now costing 1/3 of my max AP.

Its by bandai not surprised. Back then games were very stamina intensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I don't suppose a thread for pocket city would be warranted, would it? I guess not given the lack of discussion of it here.

What are your thoughts? I'm still playing the free version, level 18, so I'm missing quite a bit. Anything you'd rather have added to it? Do you ever get to change the density of zones?

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

My guess is probably not yet. I'm on free, level 24. Not sure how much is actually there to do. I'm enjoying it but at this point I just have money coming in very easily. To build something or buy more land it's just a matter of waiting a couple seconds first.

I know the paid version adds difficulty levels, though. Is anyone playing on Hard? Do your decisions start to matter?

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Yes, you get to upgrade density later. I waited until my map was full to start.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

Yes, you get to upgrade density later. I waited until my map was full to start.

This is great news. I assume the higher difficulties slow down the earning rate?

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
It's not so much a "density" upgrade per se. You just upgrade the zone and now it gives you more people or jobs, it's a straight literal upgrade not a choice between, say, suburban housing vs high rise condos. I don't think the game simulates any kind of noise pollution, the only blotches on the environment map are from industry so there isn't really any downside to just upgrading everything. Other than traffic, which you have to deal with anyway.

After a certain point (on easy) you're rolling in cash to the point that you can repeatedly build and destroy zones just to farm xp, I stopped at level 50 which is when you get terrain modification abilities. Early on you can dynamite the little rocks but at 50 you can remove mountains and water, or build new ones.

ItsNotAGirlName
Jan 9, 2011
Just hit 101 on the free version of Pocket City. It's aggressively okay, nowhere near enough content to warrant its own thread. I easily maxed almost everything barely trying and I'm poo poo at Sim City games.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I'm playing hard and it is way more engaging. You have to actually pay attention to zone upkeep, make sure you aren't overextending, manage your import and export, etc.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Uh, Shaq Fu 2: A Legend Reborn is out on Android.

In other news, it looks like whenever Fortnite comes to Android, it will be bypassing Google Play and other app stores.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 3, 2018

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

mrkillboy posted:

In other news, it looks like whenever Fortnite comes to Android, it will be bypassing Google Play and other app stores.

Doesn't apple also take 30% of IAPs? I guess they don't really have a choice on iOS though.

Regardless, looking forward to having to initiate the updates manually.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

Regardless, looking forward to having to initiate the updates manually.

According to this article updates are done through the Fortnite installer apk you initially download, so I'd assume it'd work like updating through the Humble Bundle or other third party store app.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

mrkillboy posted:

Looks like we'll get a fun uptick in viruses or phishing from people sideloading a dodgy app instead

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I've installed apks from places other than the Play Store countless times and never had issues with viruses. Just have common sense and it should never be an issue.

Overdrift
Jul 17, 2006

This is Fatherman! He fights crime to earn Sonboy's respect! Is it working?

Considering the amount of scammy 'get free vbucks now' ads on youtube and the amount of children that play Fortnite. I guarantee there will be sketchy malware ridden versions of Fortnite that are everywhere.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Verranicus posted:

I've installed apks from places other than the Play Store countless times and never had issues with viruses. Just have common sense and it should never be an issue.

I assume that you're not a 12 year old doing this for the first time so that they can play Fortnight with your friends.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
12 year olds are stupid, they have to learn somehow.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

vulturesrow posted:

I'm trying to figure out if people here are actually enjoying this game. I uninstalled because I didn't really find it engaging. It seems like mixed reviews here. But maybe after the early game it gets better?

I uninstalled it too, after trying it for a week, and a food/restaurant game should have been very much my jam. The battles are horrendously boring. I couldn't even bring myself to use up all my stamina and I was traveling a lot so all I had to do instead was look at miles and miles of undifferentiated trees.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

They just updated Food Fantasy with a bunch of events and features including a two person coop battle where you mix units together. Game has a lot of poo poo to do, it's not bad especially with an active guild but yeah it's pretty mind numbing.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Kiranamos posted:

Game has a lot of poo poo to do, it's not bad

Kiranamos posted:

but yeah it's pretty mind numbing.

Only in a mobile thread could someone say these two things in the same sentence about a game.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003
Food is out, boats are in.

That's the USS Yorktown, ya'lls. :911:

Azur Lane is not as good as I thought it would be, sadly. Gameplay is passable but its tutorials are lacking, the character design is questionable for most boats, the UI is tedious to navigate and it seems the storyline just ends in Chapter 3 despite there being 10 playable chapters, or something like that. It's kind of a bummer, I was always curious about these ship games.

If you are are wondering about the story, the plot ends with the notJapanese defeat at Midway. After the notAmericans sink a bunch of the notJapanese ships (who we first meet as they do a Pearl Harbor earlier in the story) and giving a rousing speech, a tearful and heavily damaged Yorktown entrusts "Grim Reaper", her eagle, to her sister Enterprise and encourages her to fight on. Then she sinks/dies.

It's loving bananas. The game seems to be full of interesting WW2 bits like that too so I really wish they had continued the story.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Are you in the beta? I really want to play with big boats.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Fenris13 posted:

Are you in the beta? I really want to play with big boats.

Yeah. I got a key from the official discord channel, I think it's linked in their website. There's another discord from reddit but they don't do giveaways as big as the official one.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, I'm addicted to the Flood game in that puzzle pack that was posted weeks ago. Does anyone know the name of that type of game? I showed my dad, who has an iPad, and he thought it was neat, and so I'd like to get him a similar game in iOS.

For anyone who hasn't played it, you start off in the top left corner, as whatever colour that block is. You select one of the adjacent blocks and become that colour, increasing your size. Your goal is to convert the entire board to the same colour in a certain number of moves, or fewer.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, I'm addicted to the Flood game in that puzzle pack that was posted weeks ago. Does anyone know the name of that type of game? I showed my dad, who has an iPad, and he thought it was neat, and so I'd like to get him a similar game in iOS.

For anyone who hasn't played it, you start off in the top left corner, as whatever colour that block is. You select one of the adjacent blocks and become that colour, increasing your size. Your goal is to convert the entire board to the same colour in a certain number of moves, or fewer.

I'm pretty sure you could just get Simon Tatham's Puzzle Pack for ios.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Jabor posted:

I'm pretty sure you could just get Simon Tatham's Puzzle Pack for ios.

Well, holy poo poo... See, I initially went to the site but must've missed that it said it was also for iOS, so I just figured that it was Android only.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Det_no posted:

Azur Lane

It's loving bananas. The game seems to be full of interesting WW2 bits like that too so I really wish they had continued the story.

The events they do every month have stories, and they occasionally add character & costume quests that also have stories.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Largepotato posted:

The events they do every month have stories, and they occasionally add character & costume quests that also have stories.

Any idea of they advance the larger plot though? Or is it more like side stories?

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Det_no posted:

Any idea of they advance the larger plot though? Or is it more like side stories?
The events are a decent mix of minor side stories and major events to introduce famous ships. The current event on JP/CN is the naval battle of Casablanca to introduce USS Massachusetts and a bunch of French ships from that battle.

You should not judge the gameplay until chapter 8. That is when the bosses start getting difficult, and the game turns into bullet hell. JP/CN currently have 12 chapters. It also helps if you can use a controller. The game runs great on emulators.

Currently the last boss on JP/CN. The video maker barely made the time limit due to using two defensive carriers in the backline to heal/shield the frontline and clear the boss barrages with air strikes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zg2TeMTKDwo

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Funso Banjo posted:

Only in a mobile thread could someone say these two things in the same sentence about a game.

Excuse me, I'm a REAL gamer

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Kiranamos posted:

Excuse me, I'm a REAL gamer

you poor dear

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
New Kairosoft standalone game? Yep

Thrift Store Story

Before it was part of Kairoland's subscription service. Now it's standalone.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Anyone playing Knights Chronicle?

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

Anyone playing Knights Chronicle?

Yeah, there's a goon guild.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Tagichatn posted:

Yeah, there's a goon guild.

What's the name? Is there a separate thread?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

vulturesrow posted:

What's the name? Is there a separate thread?

GoonTang and no.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

How the hell are you supposed to drag race a criminal in Pocket City?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
That Rabbids/Arby's runner you've always wanted is out.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

How the hell are you supposed to drag race a criminal in Pocket City?

Its an event that unlocks in the event menu.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Aug 5, 2018

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
I think he means how do you win. I haven't managed it yet either.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

No, I meant how do you even initiate it. Found it right after posting, but thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Is there a goon guild for Waifoods and Husbentos? I don't know if anyone stuck with it long enough to make one. Though honestly I'll only be sticking with it until it gets too tedious or I run into a wall only passable by spending cash on a bunch of rolls, probably.