Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Uh has anyone received Mint Delivery yet? The last backer email said everyone in the states should have gotten theirs by Wednesday.

Ratoslov posted:

I read it some. I'm not really digging the setting, but the mecha rules are (at a first glance) solid enough. That's what I wanted from it, so I'm happy.

Can you do a super quick big-picture overview of the mecha rules? I keep buying Fragged * stuff that I'm never going to play but screw it, giant robots own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

food court bailiff posted:

Uh has anyone received Mint Delivery yet? The last backer email said everyone in the states should have gotten theirs by Wednesday.

Got mine in the mail last week, though I never got a tracking number for it.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
There's a new Tiny Epic game kickstarting in September

I didn't get the last one as I couldn't care less about zombies but I'm hoping this one is good as I'm a sucker for mechs.

Ohthehugemanatee
Oct 18, 2005

cyberia posted:

There's a new Tiny Epic game kickstarting in September

I didn't get the last one as I couldn't care less about zombies but I'm hoping this one is good as I'm a sucker for mechs.

Be leery. They're batting something like 1/7 at this point.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I will never understand the appeal of Meeples. Like, I get that they're functional game pieces, but you see Kickstarters with like "-Includes Meeples!" as if that's a selling point.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Guy Goodbody posted:

I will never understand the appeal of Meeples. Like, I get that they're functional game pieces, but you see Kickstarters with like "-Includes Meeples!" as if that's a selling point.

A well-designed meeple is cute, reflects the character of the piece it represents, and is less work/cheaper than a miniature while being more representational than a simple pawn. The Trogdor game has awesome meeples if you want a good example.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Ohthehugemanatee posted:

Be leery. They're batting something like 1/7 at this point.

...how could you even justify this statement?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mllaneza posted:

A well-designed meeple is cute, reflects the character of the piece it represents, and is less work/cheaper than a miniature while being more representational than a simple pawn. The Trogdor game has awesome meeples if you want a good example.

I get that for custom Meeples. I mean like, the standard fat starfish Meeple.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Zurui posted:

Just that a lot of times their small games aren't very good.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Zurui posted:

Tiny Epic Galaxies is the only one in the series that is straight up good. The others range from bad to meh. At least they are cheap mediocre games.

Zurui
Apr 20, 2005
Even now...

Oh, I thought you were saying they didn't deliver on their Kickstarters. Here are the ones I've played:

Kingdoms is a solid, enjoyable broad-appeal game that's easy to intro new players.

Defenders is the Kingdoms experience but co-op.

Galaxies is a really great game with fun randomization and a ton of replayability. The expansion adds complexity and depth.

Quest is a little overly complex but it's been a hit at the table and inspired theorycrafting in my group.

All of the games feature top-notch components and modern mechanics like finite game length and randomization mitigation. Plus, you can't beat the form factor.

thiswayliesmadness
Dec 3, 2009

I hope to see you next time, and take care all
Limbo Miniatures has their Eternal War kickstarter up: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/limbominiatures/limbo-eternal-war

Some nice demon sculpts and doing some in 75mm for painting up

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
All of the female minis are 'COME PLAY M'LORD' type trash, but the demons are kinda cool. Needs a 'just the demon minis' pledge level.

E: what if nun, but THICC

Ow my spine

Oh wow the tactical heels too...

Hollandia fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 4, 2018

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Hahah loving wow it's 2018 those women are unforgivably bad jesus christ

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

I got mine a couple weeks ago, seemingly out of nowhere.

prokaryote
Apr 29, 2013

mine just showed up today ( Boston area) with no tracking info. I would bet that plenty are still in the mail, but you can email mel@five24labs.com if you are worried your package got lost.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Really glad to hear y'all like the audio version so much. I did the GenCon handouts today and that was an absolute blast too. I'll post some pics after GenCon but it was probably the most fun anyone's had delivering a Kickstarter

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Really glad to hear y'all like the audio version so much. I did the GenCon handouts today and that was an absolute blast too. I'll post some pics after GenCon but it was probably the most fun anyone's had delivering a Kickstarter

Goon success story of the year.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
Got my Mint Delivery in the UK a few days ago.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Can you do a super quick big-picture overview of the mecha rules? I keep buying Fragged * stuff that I'm never going to play but screw it, giant robots own.

Okay, quick and dirty version: Mechs are built with Influence like ships, but fight like big Fragged Empire people, mostly. The first big difference is that mechs do not have all the same stats. You have 7 hit locations and 5 stats (Core, Cockpit, Legs, Arms, and Hull) that you distribute across those seven hit locations. One of them, which will be either the 0 or the 7 on the d6 roll to determine hit locations, is much harder to hit than the other 6. The only stats you are required to have at all are Core, Cockpit, and Legs, so you could make a robot with lots of legs and no arms or whatnot. Furthermore, traits are 1 per hit location and not one per stat, so a mech with 4 leg locations also gets 4 leg traits. (EDIT: Each of the hit locations has it's own stat value, which are summed for the purposes of trait minimums. You can, for example, get your 3rd of 4 leg stats disabled by repeatedly taking damage in it, which doesn't effect the other 3 legs but probably disables the trait associated with that leg.)

Mechs also have heat and fuel management. Your heat is somewhere between 0 and 6, and at 6 your mech shuts down. Lots of combat actions cause heat buildup and you can vent heat. Fuel is likewise (at base) between 0 and 6 on most mechs, and you use up 1 fuel per day of operations. You also use up 1 unit of fuel the first time you hit 5 heat during a fight. Run out of fuel, and your mech stops operating in 1-2 days of travel or the next round of combat. Simple, but functional stuff.

One thing worth mentioning is that there's a strong mechanical penalty for getting your mech incapacitated or destroyed in the form of Influence penalties. Even if you live, losing your mech means having to have a smaller mech.

Overall, the mechs look like they'd end up being on the big and stompy side of mechs, which is perfectly fine by my tastes.

Ratoslov fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Aug 4, 2018

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I always ensure that I have faces strapped to my thighs to accentuate them

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Mors Rattus posted:

40k.txt

well chaos.txt, usually it's just skulls.

Speaking of skulls, was the orc stabr audiobook a thing in the campaign? I don't remember it coming up, but I'm so glad it exists.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

In the case of the Tiny Epics it's specifically Itemeeples, which look like the regular starfish meeple but have sockets to attach items that give unique abilities. Quest introduced them, they were added to Defenders with the expansion, and Zombies and Mechs both use them.

I'd also dispute the "one in seven" on the TEX series, particularly since only six of the games have been released in any playable form - and in the case of Zombies, that was as PNP. The only one of the five on full release that really sucks is Defenders; the others are decent (unexpanded Kingdoms) to drat good (Galaxies).

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart
Was it this thread where a new Spirit Island expansion was mentioned as a soon-to-be-launched Kickstarter? Any word on that? I want more Spirit Island.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

I misread faces as feces and had to go back to look at the minis.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Got my sentinels of the multiverse final expansion yesterday.

After literally 2 years.

It's not gloomhaven size but it might have the record for the most not-fake stretch goals in one box. Real glad i backed.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Bombadilillo posted:

After literally 2 years.

It's not gloomhaven size but it might have the record for the most not-fake stretch goals in one box. Real glad i backed.
Yeah, I got mine the other day. Unfortunately, one of the drawers in the big rear end storage box is stuck so I'm going to need a replacement.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yeah, I got mine the other day. Unfortunately, one of the drawers in the big rear end storage box is stuck so I'm going to need a replacement.

I had the same issue. Real questionable design to have it only open on one side because, of course, with the top tray glued to the back of the box, there's no way to remove it without destroying the box. Already emailed them for a replacement also. I feel bad - I have to imagine this is going to cost them.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

I got mine last week too and don't think I got a tracking number either. They came in shipping bags.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Yeah I was surprised when Mint Delivery arrived out of the blue

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
My Mint Delivery + Mint Works showed up this week too (UK). The playing mat is really nice.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Memnaelar posted:

I had the same issue. Real questionable design to have it only open on one side because, of course, with the top tray glued to the back of the box, there's no way to remove it without destroying the box. Already emailed them for a replacement also. I feel bad - I have to imagine this is going to cost them.

I didnt go for the everything box because figured out a storage solution long ago. (Dont know if it will hold everything now) but I always regretted it this makes me not regret it a bit.

So sorry, but thanks?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Memnaelar posted:

I did manage to unstick my drawer with some tugging and nothing got damaged or bent. From what I've read, a bunch of the boxes were assembled and the shelves inserted before the glue had completely dried.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

After literally 2 years.

The expansion itself might not be Gloomhaven size, but the collector's case is and then some.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I got Mint Delivery yesterday...but not Mint Works. Guess they're in separate parcels?

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

jivjov posted:

I got Mint Delivery yesterday...but not Mint Works. Guess they're in separate parcels?

All I've heard from have been single parcels (Mint Works, Delivery, and the promo in a bubble envelope). Did you have any extras things in the order? In Canada here.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

rchandra posted:

All I've heard from have been single parcels (Mint Works, Delivery, and the promo in a bubble envelope). Did you have any extras things in the order? In Canada here.

Nope, I just backedat the $20 "Mint Works and Mint Delivery combo" tier, no add ons or anything.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

jivjov posted:

Mine were in one package together.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Bargain Quest reprint is up, but dang, that's looking pricey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

jivjov posted:

Mine came in a single parcel and all I ordered was the Mint Works and Mint Delivery combo