Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Flikken posted:

Maybe it's the camera but aren't medals supposed to be on the other side of his chest?
mirror pic because he couldn't find a single friend to take it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

evil_bunnY posted:

mirror pic because he couldn't find a single friend to take it.

A MARINE ON TINDER HAS NO FRIENDS

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

He shouldn’t knock soy, looking at his neck that poor debil needs all the protein he can get.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

evil_bunnY posted:

mirror pic because he couldn't find a single friend to take it.so people have a harder time using a reverse lookup and finding out it’s not him.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I feel like he would use a more impressive rack.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I’m not really hip with marine (much less navy)anything but 5 medal rows?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

I’m not really hip with marine (much less navy)anything but 5 medal rows?

Yeah, three non-overlapping in a row or 4-5 overlapping.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Is there any reason to go one way or the other, or is he just too cheap to spend the $2 on a new rack?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Godholio posted:

Is there any reason to go one way or the other, or is he just too cheap to spend the $2 on a new rack?

marines don't stack medals until they get 6. pretty sure I had a 4 wide rack I used as well at one point that was fine on my navy uniforms.

e: yeah here's from navy regs:

quote:

5314. LARGE MEDALS

1. Manner of Wear. Large medals are worn on the service coat or jumper of Full Dress Blues and Full Dress White. When wearing more than one medal, suspend them from a holding bar that supports the medals' weight. Place the holding bar of the lowest row of medals in the same position as the lowest ribbon bar. The bars measure 4-1/8 inches wide, and each row of medals is 3-1/4 inches long from the top of the suspension ribbons to bottom of medals, so that bottom of medals dress in a horizontal line. Multiple rows of medals should be grouped with the same number of medals in each row, with the lesser number in the top row if necessary. A maximum of three medals may be worn side by side in a single row with no overlap. Arrange four or more medals (maximum of five in a single row) following the layout in <Table 5-3-1>. Overlapping shall be proportional and the inboard medal shall show in full. Mount the medals so they cover the suspension ribbons of the medals below.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Aug 7, 2018

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Flikken posted:

Maybe it's the camera but aren't medals supposed to be on the other side of his chest?

On USMC blues if you're wearing medals, the awards that are medals are worn on the right breast with ribbons on the left.

This has been your MCO p1020.whatever moment.

Dude is still a boot bitch idiot hellfucker.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
https://i.imgur.com/sxb9Rm2.mp4

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I cannot believe that worked and nobody died

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

canyoneer posted:

I cannot believe that worked and nobody died

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Seems to have been deleted, what was it?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

It was a runaway tank being stopped with rocks and moxie

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hot tip fellas: if you're gonna remove the final drive, put down a chock block. Two if sergeant major is visiting.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

shame on an IGA posted:

Finally someone who isn't lacking in heart

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

shame on an IGA posted:

o7

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

God drat good on them

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp
Do we need to revisit the American Anti tank rock?

The chieftains hatch

The Chieftains hatch posted:

Having run out of issued weapons, the undeterred ‘infantrymen’ decided to adapt and improvise. A large stone, over 5” in diameter, was procured from local sources. This stone was placed in front of the idler and rode around to lodge between the idler and the rear return roller, where it did no damage. No adverse effect to the vehicle was noted, but the rock was partially damaged in its trip around the idler, with a bit breaking off, the flat spot resulting visible in the photograph below.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

With rocks and also a few bricks, as it were. :staredog:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Chillyrabbit posted:

Do we need to revisit the American Anti tank rock?

The chieftains hatch

There it is, the original ROCK OR SOMETHING

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

> "I'm very successful"
> is a marine

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Memento posted:

There it is, the original ROCK OR SOMETHING

This is my favorite dumb military thing that I forgot about.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

This Tienamen Square movie doesn't seem very accurate.

Seriously impressed that worked though, holy poo poo.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

I'm the idiot, I enlisted for six years.

And after seven years out, I'm finally coming around to the realization that a couple of the chronic medical issues I have were probably caused by the military. And I didn't go to the VA for a determination initially so it's going to be seven years later and harder to prove.

Well, at least, the 10% crap will be harder. The one thing that's ~30% will be easy peasy given that I spent literally a year working with military doctors to determine/fix the problem. (spoiler alert it never got fixed)

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Our wing js kicking out a lady because she failed the ALS CDCs for the 4th time. She's a 40 year old E4 with at least 15 years in. She was in LRS when she started out and wasn't allowed to reenlist for a number of reasons, one being that she refused to go to drill because it interfered with her welfare somehow. So she went and joined the Army National Guard for a while. Then our old group commander let her back in because she was far too much of a softy for her own good. A few years back she threw a temper tantrum on Facebook when she wasn't hired as a technician, wondering if she was "overqualified" for the position.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Jesus loving christ

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
There is nothing about that that has been thought out in the slightest.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Is that a boob or a shoulder

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

it's army strong is what it is.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

My wife and I just spoke at length about this and we've come to the conclusion that it's either a woman, or a dude whose body is compromised mostly of pudding.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

So dedicated to the army you're gonna ink up half your loving body but won't workout extra.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

So dedicated to the armyJunior ROTC you're gonna ink up half your loving body but won't workout extra.

Entire torso of bad decisions.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

not caring here posted:

My wife and I just spoke at length about this and we've come to the conclusion that it's either a woman, or a dude whose body is compromised mostly of pudding.

At first I was like "of course it's a boob you dummies" but the more I stare the more I can't decide.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
i expressly do not ever thank that person for their service

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Boob or shoulder, doesn't matter, I jacked it.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Does it start with Junior ROTC Cadet?

Isn’t that basically military themed Boy Scouts?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
It's a high school program for general fuckups and kids who think they want to enlist if they graduate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Lemniscate Blue posted:

It's a high school program for general fuckups and kids who think they want to enlist if they graduate.

whole lot of E's coming from that JROTC pipeline