Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

ZekeNY posted:

“Derek Smart is correct” — /u/TheGremlich

non-demoninational tax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Not sure why, but this one doesn't seem real.

Could be though so have fun! :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

TheAgent posted:

hello uhhhhhhh okay

This one on the other hand definitely seems 100% legit and I'd stake Chris' career as a game dev on it. :)

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

trucutru posted:

I think your Yahoo is sick or something, mine is is very concise.

R.I.P. Anvil dude.

Jimmy the Anvil, nooo

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
https://twitter.com/Boneitis/status/1028738555055665153
https://twitter.com/Boneitis/status/1028740180126121985

It’s still early days, though!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

trucutru posted:

I think your Yahoo is sick or something, mine is is very concise.

R.I.P. Anvil dude.

gently caress.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Hav posted:

non-demoninational tax.

Going to make that for Sammie.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Hav posted:

non-demoninational tax.

The dog is grimacing.
He is not happy.

Mirificus bot broke its prob virginity.

Hav posted:

Too soon?
Too soon.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Dogeh posted:

The dog is grimacing.
He is not happy.
You wouldn't be happy either if the first thing you noticed after becoming self aware was that someone had chopped off your nads.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

TheAgent posted:

is that really 7 million polys

lol

For comparison's sake, the Alliance airship in the Legion cinematic has 7 million polys.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
YOUTUBE: Calling All Devs - Crime Stats & Physics Grids

From Todd Papy’s greybeard stubble and weary demeanor to the fuzzed our monitors behind Sean Tracy, the 3.3 / CitizenCon crunch is clearly underway.

Tracy gets a little testy.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 13, 2018

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

I too live in a world where everyone can only truly enjoy games that have generational development cycles, ignore those silly mini-games they are not true games.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Morphix posted:

Honestly I'm a firm believer in mentorships and other type programs. I wish I had someone who would have filled my head with some knawwwledge so I wouldn't have had to bumble my way into it. Or at least helped guide me a bit. Instead what I got was the same people reinforcing the same poo poo behaviors. Nerds who barely gently caress aren't going to help a nerd with feeling of loneliness and adequately explain why they aren't loving. You need someone aspirational (someone who fucks) calmly explain to them why their entitlement isn't sexy and nobody is entitled to gently caress you.

I mean that culture has kind of passed and nice guy thing is thoroughly in the culture now. But back than I was pretty pretty lost and the advice my friends offered me 'be yourself and someone will find you' wasn't exactly helping my loneliness.

Let me ask you a simple question...how many regrets do you have in your life?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Dogeh posted:

Nononononononono….don't write French.
Zzr will be correcting it in no time.

There is nothing to correct, apart grammar faults and the weird nospace before the ! .

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

MilesK posted:

If I buy enough of the land beacons with the larger acreage, can I use the procgen city tools to play SimCity on the moon? Or will I have to wait for private servers and the modding tools to be released?

I'm laughing at you if you think you can outsmart the 9 npcs assigned to your rear end at simcity.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Zzr posted:

There is nothing to correct, apart grammar faults and the weird nospace before the ! .

Zut alors!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Mirificus posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Go gently caress yourself botist.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

crime stats and physics grids? like, welcome to 2016. If you're going to lie about progress at least lie about new stuff.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Colostomy Bag posted:

Let me ask you a simple question...how many regrets do you have in your life?

none really, well maybe one, but it's business related and you know learning from bad partnerships, just wish I could have learned the lesson easier. cest le vie

why do you ask?

Morphix fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 13, 2018

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Zut alors!

Well it was only 2 words don't be a smug ManofManyAliases/FactsAreUseless/Vertisce.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Morphix posted:

cest le vie

c'est la vie

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

I really like how Lando has to ask a backer's question, get an answer, and then correct the answer he's given because it might instill unrealistic expectations with viewers.

MilesK fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 13, 2018

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Zzr posted:

Well it was only 2 words don't be a smug ManofManyAliases/FactsAreUseless/Vertisce.

Je vais le faire et je suis fier.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Je vais le faire et je suis fier.

je vais me faire enculer = I'm going to play star citizen

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
E: ^ Hahahaha
Faire quoi? :v:

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Zzr posted:

I'm laughing at you if you think you can outsmart the 9 npcs assigned to your rear end at simcity.

Here is an ethical question, if player count goes down will the highly advanced AI NPC's be ruthlessly euthanized?

monkeytek fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Aug 13, 2018

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

monkeytek posted:

Here is an ethical question, if playey count goes down will the highly advanced AI NPC's be ruthlessly euthanized?

What does your heart tell you?

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

Zzr posted:

c'est la vie

MODS! Can we just give Zzr power to edit the original post? I think the time has come. French needs to stop being murdered by us rabble!

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

Dogeh posted:

What does your heart tell you?

That my NPC girlfriend to be (who is hotter than any women alive, smarter than the greatest minds of our time, but for some reason is totally into me and totally turned on by stereotypical misogynistic actions on my part) will be ended before I can procure my simwank pod that will allow me to completely enter the game as promised by Roberts! I are sad.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Zaphod42 posted:

The Kilrathi have always been a furry knockoff of Klingons, because Chris can't do anything original.

And yeah, the whole "noble savages who have worked out interstellar FTL travel" thing is a bit far fetched.

At least with the Klingons, they were a slave race that revolved, murdered the gently caress out of their former masters, and stole everything that was left behind when they fled.

They didn't figure anything out, they just stole it. They even stole cloaking tech and ship designs from the Romulans.

(Totally not because props budget back then was hilariously small, and lore was not even something they considered when repainting ship models.)

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

To any normal person, development hell would rhyme with undefinite release dates, delays, developers coming in/out all the time, switching engines, putting outsourced work to the trashbin or reworking stuff constantly.

.. but I guess none of that applies to Star Citizen, doesn't ring a bell at all, no, no, no.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
these guys have no idea what the gently caress they are making lol

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I haven't posted a DREAMS: THE THREAD thread in a while.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/96ypon/how_will_you_manage_your_capital_ship/

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

monkeytek posted:

MODS! Can we just give Zzr power to edit the original post? I think the time has come. French needs to stop being murdered by us rabble!

They started it with their French Fries and Dressing. I'll give them a pass for kissing, however.

Hobold posted:

They didn't figure anything out, they just stole it. They even stole cloaking tech and ship designs from the Romulans.

There was a technology transfer between the Klingon empire and the Romulans to swap warp drives and cloaking devices (Treaty of Smarba) which gave rise to the KR refits before the Romulans became space-faring proper. Romulan ship designs wouldn't really take off until the sparrowhawk and relied on a bunch of old D7s when the Klingon empire brought the first D6s online.

edit: You're right about the 'Old Kings', though.

Hav fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Aug 13, 2018

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Zaphod42 posted:

The Kilrathi have always been a furry knockoff of Klingons, because Chris can't do anything original.

And yeah, the whole "noble savages who have worked out interstellar FTL travel" thing is a bit far fetched.

Nuh-uh.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

loving Kzinti drone carriers.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Morphix posted:

none really, well maybe one, but it's business related and you know learning from bad partnerships, just wish I could have learned the lesson easier. cest le vie

why do you ask?

Well if only one, then I'd say you did something right. That's why I asked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

At no point does it dawn on him how insane this is, large npc crews with near human intelligence manning various stations requiring constant input, being managed as real departments in a company. I just, wow.