Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

There was that guy in Washington who wanted to kick a soccer ball down the coast and got pasted by a bro dozer almost immediately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

LingcodKilla posted:

I’m disappointed the pit didn’t take care of this.

Lot of places are working hard to kill pits. Liability and whatnot.

FAUXTON posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgSeKpMYdHM

the video is amazing, even if it doesn't really show the, uh, drum solo

Oh man, during Ring of Fire. Lollllllllll. When they played St. Louis, he brought a 6 year old on stage to talk to during the middle of the song. It was cool as hell.

Don't gently caress with old punk bands over this poo poo. They remember the days when you had to regularly fight neo-nazis at shows to back up your fans.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-make-arrest-46-people-overdose-connecticut-park/story?id=57195273

Total's up to 70-something overdosed on spice/k2. No one died, but what the gently caress, just legalize weed already.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
What kind of dumbfuck goes to a punk show and is shocked that there are leftist politics involved?

I went to the beach and got wet!!! How could this happen?!

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/police-make-arrest-46-people-overdose-connecticut-park/story?id=57195273

Total's up to 70-something overdosed on spice/k2. No one died, but what the gently caress, just legalize weed already.

So what if it gets legalized, every job will start mandatory drug testing anyways.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Most every lovely job drug tests already anyhow.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

LingcodKilla posted:

The lead guitarist from Drop Kicks uh dropped his guitar and body slammed into a guy who got up on stage and threw a Nazi salute. They fell into the pit and the dude got stomped and tossed out the back door. Great show musta been oh 2012 in Santa Cruz.

Back in the day before I started working security for smaller festivals and concerts with a couple of buddies to screen out "incognito" Neo-Nazis with their dumb runes/tattoos/semi-cryptic bullshit, I was a fan of an infamous German rock band that had a history of being anti-immigrant during their teenage days in the 80s when they got in fights with the local turkish/russian gangs in their poverty-riddled Frankfurt shithole hometown, which led to them becoming household-music for right extremists. In the mid-to-late 80s, the band started acknowledging their mistakes of the past, and took an unmistakable stance against right extremism and Neo-Nazis for the entirety of their future, both in music, statements, and conduct at their concerts, but since fascists are dumb as loving rocks, they never got the message, and kept trying to come to concerts and festivals. When I started listening to their music and going to concerts in the late 90s, I was flabbergasted by the amount of Neo-Nazi shitheads that kept failing to get past bouncers at the loving entrance, and almost at every single concert, the bass-guitar guy would get off stage once or twice to beat some mouthbreather's rear end in the front row.

I couldn't wrap my head around those people going to concerts of bands that dedicated several songs to Nazis kindly loving off and killing themselves, where the bouncers would keep them from getting in, the crowd would repeatedly chant "NAZIS RAUS", and the loving band itself kept beating up their kind. There's no cure for dumb, I guess

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

EBB posted:

Stephen Miller is the Larry David of politics. The character, not the person.

At least Larry is right on rare occasions.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

The key here is :lol: Connecticut. Its the Florida of the north.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

my kinda ape posted:

What kind of dumbfuck goes to a punk show and is shocked that there are leftist politics involved?

Just the other day someone in the Shadowrun LP was angry that others were bringing leftist politics into the game about a cyberpunk dystopia in which one of your characters actually is an aging German punk. :iiam:

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

Prop Wash posted:

Just the other day someone in the Shadowrun LP was angry that others were bringing leftist politics into the game about a cyberpunk dystopia in which one of your characters actually is an aging German punk. :iiam:

This is almost as good as the Reddit/4Chan idiots crying about leftist politics ruining Star Wars,

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Don Dongington posted:

This is almost as good as the Reddit/4Chan idiots crying about leftist politics ruining Star Wars,

The empire would have won if it wasn’t for those meddling kids and a space hippy.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

The Tesla thread is a pro-read right now, the whistleblower is posting up VIN numbers and internal factory photos on Twitter and its amazing:

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

my kinda ape posted:

Yeah, one of my favorite musicians is a guy called Dave Hause, he's an old punk-rock guy that's mellowed out a bit in his older age. He sells t-shirts with trump's face that say DIRTY FUCKER because that's the name of one of his songs that just happen to be about a back-stabbing weasel motherfucker, written a few years before Trump became president.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The Ness video is a much better version of Dave Grohl telling a fan to "get the gently caress out of my show" after he got in a fight with another fan at that music festival a few years ago.

Has this been posted yet? If it has, it deserves to be posted again:

https://twitter.com/JasonKirell/status/1029536067844800513

e- I guess it's fake, but somehow still plausible in a twisted way?

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Aug 16, 2018

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
That's disappointing, I've had that story tacked to my cubicle wall for years.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Terrifying Effigies posted:

The Tesla thread is a pro-read right now, the whistleblower is posting up VIN numbers and internal factory photos on Twitter and its amazing:

Tweet is deleted

:mad:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1030091116748709888

:(

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

He went too far with the raccoon. Should have been a stray pug.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

gently caress

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

LingcodKilla posted:

He went too far with the raccoon. Should have been a stray pug.

Like a pug could ever breathe well enough for that.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Godholio posted:

Like a pug could ever breathe well enough for that.

More believable than a raccoon not shredding your face.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Yeah, supreme bummer.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1030041181164658688?s=19

America has always been at war with Communism

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

America has always been at war with Communism

well I mean...

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Oh, wow. Wow. But completely unsurprising.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Good news eveyone!

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/technology/402063-fcc-shuts-down-alex-jones-flagship-radio-station?amp

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Soon the Axis will all be communist.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought she was reading something but nope, purestrain retardedness

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Yeah! Did we give up when the Communists bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL NO!!!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Huh, I'm surprised they didn't file criminal charges?

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

hobbesmaster posted:

Huh, I'm surprised they didn't file criminal charges?

Yeah, it's a little odd they only got a fine.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/DCLandlord/status/1027585415509958658

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Is this parody?

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

Is this parody?

My ability to determine this has been completely hosed since the election so I have no idea

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY66elCQkYk

Fuckin RIP

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

https://youtu.be/aCiYmCVikjo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Also didn't japan hate communists more than we did

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Oh yes. Yes they did. They were really scared of communism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Tweet is deleted

:mad:

Twitter placed a 12 hour posting lock on him earlier, guess Elon called in some favors.

Highlights included photos of using bamboo sticks and a dremel to sand down and reapply incorrectly applied battery bandolier casings, with bamboo and plastic dust left mixed into the adhesive. Also a bunch of bent as hell battery cooling strips that were apparently being reused in new builds. He posted a listing of VINs for Model 3s with damaged batteries installed.

• Locked thread