Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Thumposaurus posted:

Slayer killed it last night in VA.

Hell yeah! Saw them last month, drove up to NH with a buddy, great great show. They've really still got it live.

Here's some new Cauldron, love those guys. Seeing them again next month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBNKUSaQ7_I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

New Hate Eternal:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdPEE8_u8cQ

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Been listening to Power Trip's old albums and drat, lots of fully sick riffs here

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Been listening to Power Trip's old albums and drat, lots of fully sick riffs here

Power Trip was a band that immediately hooked me as soon as I listened to Manifest Decimation.

Crossbreaker is such a good song live.

Lake of Fire (from one of their demos) is another of my favorites but I've never seen them play it live.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Their pits envelop the entire floor of most venues

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Just a reminder that this song owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6qDKtFAI6Y

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress YEAH :rock:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
i don’t know what a mantic is or what kind of sick rituals they do so nice try buddy but no way i’m clicking that link!

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
So apparently the lead singer of Huntress killed her self today? gently caress.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Imagine I just yelled “RIP” in a epic vibrato voice.

RIP lady and band I never heard of before

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Sodomy Hussein posted:

The more I look at it the more I'm convinced it's a direct ripoff of some other 90's site, possibly wrestling-related, and it's starting to drive me crazy.

This is old but lol:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The gently caress is going on in 2018

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

pospysyl posted:

This is old but lol:

loving LOL that’s great :sad:

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Dang. That sucks. :(

Here's their one song I knew from them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpIOuOcllPM

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

COOL CORN posted:

Idk maybe y'all could just shut up and listen to Weakling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnjH-ZYe59c

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Don’t know why but I bought two copies of that when it came out, then ended up selling one later for like $400. Glad I have a spare.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Snowy posted:

Don’t know why but I bought two copies of that when it came out, then ended up selling one later for like $400. Glad I have a spare.

back in high school a friend of mine bought a bunch of copies of Gutted's (Ohio band) self-titled EP, for $1 each, because for some reason someone sold a bunch of copies of it to a local CD store and it was in the $1 bin. he thought it would be funny.

at one point about 5-6 years ago before the band re-issued them, they were selling for $50/ea.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

back in high school a friend of mine bought a bunch of copies of Gutted's (Ohio band) self-titled EP, for $1 each, because for some reason someone sold a bunch of copies of it to a local CD store and it was in the $1 bin. he thought it would be funny.

at one point about 5-6 years ago before the band re-issued them, they were selling for $50/ea.
I bought several copies of Mephiskapheles' album Maximum Perversion from a dollar store for the same reason, but had no such luck financially

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Vulture Culture posted:

I bought several copies of Mephiskapheles' album Maximum Perversion from a dollar store for the same reason, but had no such luck financially

well he didn't intend on selling it, he just bought them because he thought it would be funny.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Snowy posted:

It's an album that I'll physically own at some point but don't yet. It's just so loving good and I'm bummed I wasn't aware of them when they were active.

Then again I listened to Nu-metal back then so I probably wouldn't have liked it anyway.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!
I always appreciate a song with good message.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxJI6fe1TMM

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
has everyone here heard about the :regd10: auction

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Not gonna lie, the thought of owning a sword that once belonged to Ronnie James Dio gives me a colossal nerd boner.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

has everyone here heard about the :regd10: auction

Oh my god it’s all so loving amazing I wish I had the money to make a go at some of it :swoon:

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
Wow, there's an amazing amount of stuff in that collection.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
Every time you think the custom tunic shirts are done, there are more. And I want all of them.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I really wish I hadn’t bid on the syd Barrett auction, a lot of his stuff went pretty cheap. I’d suggest placing a few lowball bids at least, you never know.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I would kill to have the confidence to wear the stuff Dio wore.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Kilometers Davis posted:

I would kill to have the confidence to wear the stuff Dio wore.
Male pattern baldness never rocked so hard

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Yeah I’m going to have to bid on something. If those estimates end up being accurate there’s a lot of reasonably priced stuff there.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I got food poisoning the other day and I had a fever dream that Charlie Day was starring in a Ronnie James Dio biopic

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Death Metal Dads ended a podcast with Manowar's Carry On and the lyric "born to amplify" made me think about speakers, and as I listened it seemed more and more like a song about their destroyed cabs with all the singing of the fighting songs.

i know I'm giving them way too much credit here

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Vulture Culture posted:

Male pattern baldness never rocked so hard

drat straight.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Flinger posted:

Death Metal Dads ended a podcast with Manowar's Carry On and the lyric "born to amplify" made me think about speakers, and as I listened it seemed more and more like a song about their destroyed cabs with all the singing of the fighting songs.

i know I'm giving them way too much credit here

Every Manowar song is about Manowar, they would totally write a ballad about busted equipment.your interpretation is valid.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Orson Welles had good taste.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

Today was a Symphony X day. My favorite part of listening to Symphony X is when heavy metal dad sings about ancient Greeks in the first person through a thick New Jersey accent

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/REALpunknews/status/1031903752268201985

lol

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

well deserved award imo

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Diet Poison posted:

Every time you think the custom tunic shirts are done, there are more. And I want all of them.

Seriously. I was skimming through the pdf while stuck in traffic this morning.

Man loved him some tunic shirts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
So i've been browsing r/metal and it actually turns out they have a lot of good recs on there, but nobody on that subreddit seems to have heard of Gruesome or Alkaloid :confused: