Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Thundarr posted:

The tomestone icon is just a picture of Phil Collin's face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
So with the latest hotfix patch, is pagos fixed now, are the trains back on the tracks?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I got from 27 to 30 today without touching a chain, so I'd say yes.

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Every week I tell myself, "okay next week will be the week I remember to turn on collectible synthesis before I make all my custom delivery items"

Today I tell myself the same thing again

:same:

KoB
May 1, 2009
I was always more of a Tomestone of SNES kid.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Every week I tell myself, "okay next week will be the week I remember to turn on collectible synthesis before I make all my custom delivery items"

Today I tell myself the same thing again

The best thing is when you craft one without collectible synthesis on, so you go rebuy the components. And then do it again.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Genesis tomestones are literally just the Genesis discography in Allagan MP3 format.

:hmmyes:

jigokuman
Aug 28, 2002

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.
Warrior of Light spills a sack of Megadrive carts onto the counter and demands a new pair of boots.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Hold On

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

There's too many people making too many problems, but you're not one of them.

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Aug 22, 2018

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I've been leveling an Arcanist (to play Summoner later since it sounded interesting when people described it), and Summoner really doesn't get poo poo for abilities before 50, huh? Was looking at their skill list and it seems like almost all their significant mechanics are learned after 50.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Part of the cluster gently caress of being two classes is that it's bad at both for a really long time

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Blasting through Heavensward again: Its kinda funny that when you get Y'shtola back, you bring her sister to help out. There isn't any on screen conversation between the two, you enter the inn room with the two of them, she says nothing, then is told to piss off. Get outta here sister we don't have any time to an emotional moment!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Go back to your Summoner job quests, nerd.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Choyi posted:

So with the latest hotfix patch, is pagos fixed now, are the trains back on the tracks?

I tried it out, the exp from NMs is much better...but actually getting anywhere near them is a nightmare at low levels. I don't have the kind of time it takes anymore so I guess if I want upgrades I get to farm alphascape forever.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Go back to your Summoner job quests, nerd.

Speaking of

68 quest puts you in a pretty great spot in this scene.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

So I've been leveling an Arcanist (to play Summoner later since it sounded interesting when people described it), and Summoner really doesn't get poo poo for abilities before 50, huh? Was looking at their skill list and it seems like almost all their significant mechanics are learned after 50.

yeah i've always found summoner pretty mind-numbing right up until 60

Choyi
Aug 18, 2012
Solution is to level as SCH until you are like level 65 or so, then swap to SMN, and as a bonus it will let you que as healer for quick leveling roulletes/dungeons.
SMN is super boring to level, while SCH is actually quite fun.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Leal posted:

Blasting through Heavensward again: Its kinda funny that when you get Y'shtola back, you bring her sister to help out. There isn't any on screen conversation between the two, you enter the inn room with the two of them, she says nothing, then is told to piss off. Get outta here sister we don't have any time to an emotional moment!

Speaking of Y'shtola, if she's blind now and can see aether, why does she still carry around those aether goggles that all the Scions have?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ytlaya posted:

Speaking of Y'shtola, if she's blind now and can see aether, why does she still carry around those aether goggles that all the Scions have?

Gotta keep up the facade.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

She doesn't necessarily want people to know that she's blind.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Recruiting a DPS sub for the rest of the month. We're working on O8S, seen second Forsaken. Having a healer class raid-ready would be a bonus. We run Tuesday and Thursday, 7:30-10pm PST. DM me!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

E: Wrong thread

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Aug 22, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Die Sexmonster! posted:

Recruiting a DPS sub for the rest of the month. We're working on O8S, seen second Forsaken. Having a healer class raid-ready would be a bonus. We run Tuesday and Thursday, 7:30-10pm PST. DM me!

If only I didn't work during those hours. :smith:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

quote:

THE DEMAND FOR PROPERTY IN A VIRTUAL MARKET
Every month, more people Google “how to buy a house in Skyrim” than “how to buy a house in London”, “the UK”, “France”, “Spain” and even “America”.

But which in-game worlds get you the most bang for your simoleon?

Is it worth buying in Los Santos, or should you save up for that Hyrule fixer-upper you’ve had your eye on?

And how much would these properties cost if you were buying them with your real-life pounds, US dollars, euros, yen or Australian dollars?

Click on any of the game worlds below or scroll down to explore the first ever in-depth analysis of the video game property market.

Eorzea is one of the locales they analyze.

https://www.landc.co.uk/video-game-property/

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Aug 22, 2018

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
SE giving away White Ravens in the next event..... What the $*#@...

Yea I know this affects only like maybe a handful of people that even play the game anymore but....... giving out white raven earrings for a loving event...... really? You have poo poo on the legacy players constantly while simultaneously constantly praising their dedication and saying how "we wouldn't be here without you".

So you spit in our faces again.

The earrings are completely useless as an actual item for stats. They exist purely for bragging rights/taking pride in beating the hardest content in the game in 1.0..... and now its going to be just a glamor item equivalent of "a trophy for every kid".

I mean, loving downvote away because I'm sure everyone will be foaming at the mouth to silence people like me because "MUH GLAMORS!" but this considerably lessens my faith in you and your word.

Why wouldn't you make it something else with the same model and a different name or something?

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mordiceius posted:

Yea I know this affects only like maybe a handful of people that even play the game anymore but....... giving out white raven earrings for a loving event...... really? You have poo poo on the legacy players constantly while simultaneously constantly praising their dedication and saying how "we wouldn't be here without you".

The earrings are completely useless as an actual item for stats. They exist purely for bragging rights/taking pride in beating the hardest content in the game in 1.0..... and now its going to be just a glamor item equivalent of "a trophy for every kid".

I mean, loving downvote away because I'm sure everyone will be foaming at the mouth to silence people like me because "MUH GLAMORS!" but this considerably lessens my faith in you and your word.

Why wouldn't you make it something else with the same model and a different name or something?

source your quotes

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Tashilicious posted:

source your quotes

but like actually because there's no way that thread isn't going to be a beautiful disaster

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I don't know that I've ever noticed the earrings on a character that wasn't my own

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Eorzea is one of the locales they analyze.

https://www.landc.co.uk/video-game-property/

I will sell someone my house for a steal of only $1 million real USD

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Mordiceius posted:

The earrings look dumb and i'm gonna toss them in the armoire and forget about them.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Saint Freak posted:

I will sell someone my house for a steal of only $1 million real USD

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Relax Or DIE posted:

I don't know that I've ever noticed the earrings on a character that wasn't my own

I can barely notice the particle effects on anyone's weapon since I'm a child and still have all of the ridiculous energy blasts still ticked on. Maybe ASTs globes since they're kinda big.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Phone posted:

I'm a child and still have all of the ridiculous energy blasts still ticked on

same, bro :hfive:

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Phone posted:

I can barely notice the particle effects on anyone's weapon since I'm a child and still have all of the ridiculous energy blasts still ticked on. Maybe ASTs globes since they're kinda big.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
This whole detour in the SB 24 man questline to get some wine is so dumb.

*clears throat*

Its busy work while a bunch of NPCs act like you're some random schlub and not the warrior of light who has amassed a good amount of personal wealth. E: There really needs to be a renegade option to slap NPCs who talk down to you, like the guy you talk to before Gegeruju who acts like you are not privileged enough to get an empty bottle of this poo poo. Mother fucker I murdered the Garleans invading your country, revolutionized another country, successfully liberated 2 other countries AND I KNOW YOUR COUNTRY'S LEADER ON A FIRST NAME BASIS!

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
I wanted to love MCH, but I'm really starting to dislike it lately. Problem is, I'm not talking about the whole awkward design of the class, as there is a bit of a rhythm to it once you get used to it. My problem is with the 'heated' shots: I actually much prefer the normal unheated shots. The unheated shots, to me, are a lot more satisfying as they are sharper, snappier, and more directed in terms of animation, sound, and damage impact, while the 'heated' shots are a bit all over the place in terms of animation with duller, muted sound and vague damage impact. I know it's sacrilege as I think everyone prefers the Bayonetta-esque animations. I'm not saying there's not a place for them, but as it stands there's no reason to see the unheated shots and they are treated as a punishment actually. Maybe if the heated animations played only during overheat it would allow for both animations to shine.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Got my MRD to level 25, and really enjoying it. Still allows me to tank, but in a way just different enough from sword and board spanking. Chipping away at grand company leves, and am a second class sergeant. Just want first class so I can buy glamour prisms!

May 8, 2006

The NPCs in side stuff being partially to completely oblivious of your achievements and standing is part of the reason I still hold onto my doomed hope that, and the end of the current larger plot arcs, the Warrior of Light will die for good.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
The Warrior of Light fakes their death at the end of the climatic battle where everyone thinks they've died. Now free of their duties the WoL is able to pursue their life long dream, undercutting people on the marketboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

FutureCop posted:

I wanted to love MCH, but I'm really starting to dislike it lately. Problem is, I'm not talking about the whole awkward design of the class, as there is a bit of a rhythm to it once you get used to it. My problem is with the 'heated' shots: I actually much prefer the normal unheated shots. The unheated shots, to me, are a lot more satisfying as they are sharper, snappier, and more directed in terms of animation, sound, and damage impact, while the 'heated' shots are a bit all over the place in terms of animation with duller, muted sound and vague damage impact. I know it's sacrilege as I think everyone prefers the Bayonetta-esque animations. I'm not saying there's not a place for them, but as it stands there's no reason to see the unheated shots and they are treated as a punishment actually. Maybe if the heated animations played only during overheat it would allow for both animations to shine.

Into the shame box with you.