Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I guess by “the guy” I mean “any person who uses THAT IS NOT LOGICAL as an argument when I DONT WANNA would suffice.” The specific guy in the story has enough to deal with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Miserable Maid posted:

From a bit back, but can't seem to find this one, even in archives. I really wanna see the comments!

Your wish is my command!

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/99e7lc/i26_f_did_nothing_wrong_so_why_is_my_bf_27m_mad/

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

ArbitraryC posted:

50th seems like a pretty important one to me, if my mom was throwing a party for it I'd make sure to go even if it meant driving 10 hours each way or even a plane trip.

If my mom threw a party for something important to her, I'd probably come. It's just that the idea of someone throwing a party for their anniversary and inviting someone who is not their spouse is so utterly foreign to me as a concept. Anniversaries are something just for the two of you, it's like asking your brother if he wants to come to a party for the first time you and you wife banged.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

You're my hero, LadyPictureShow

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

Defiance Industries posted:

If my mom threw a party for something important to her, I'd probably come. It's just that the idea of someone throwing a party for their anniversary and inviting someone who is not their spouse is so utterly foreign to me as a concept. Anniversaries are something just for the two of you, it's like asking your brother if he wants to come to a party for the first time you and you wife banged.

You would drive 18 total hours over two days with a kid in the back seat? Because that's what's being discussed.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

:wink:

My (19m) boyfriend (19m) loathes sexual attention from me but has a near addiction to spilling various liquids onto himself.

quote:

Throwaway because frankly this whole situation is embarrassing.

We've been together for about 2 months at this point and while I don't mean to assume anything, I can't help but think he's not into me.

We're both on the shy side so I didn't find it weird that we were taking things slowly but now that our relationship is becoming more serious I feel something is off. Each time I try to approach him in a suggestive manner he brushes me off or flat ignores me. He's charming in all other aspects and has lead me to believe he wants me in a sexual setting but when we get close he, without fail, shuts me out. I've played with the idea that maybe he's asexual but here's where things get weird... when we hang out at his place he's always spilling water (or whatever is in his cup) on himself and gets this orgasmic look as it happens and then excuses himself moments later. My point being, he obviously has a sex drive. Why is he using it on water and not me? Shouldn't two 19 year old boys not be having an issue in this area?

TL;DR: I think my boyfriend isn't interested in me sexually but he quite clearly has sexual impulses. Am I expecting too much too soon?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Hahahahahahha what the hell

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

2018 is hosed. up.

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
OH MY GOD. I thought my kids were making poo poo up when they told me sex water was “totally about to become a thing, Dad.”

It would make sense if he were accidentally spilling it on her, but we can’t have sense anymore. Sense isn’t cool.

e: Nevermind. Gay couple. Is pouring water on [other] guys sexy too? because that would still make more sense to me.

burial fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Aug 23, 2018

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
...what ARE they putting in the water nowadays?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
is it a gay couple or a typo

e: it a gay couple

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

I went to my grandparent’s 50th. I can’t imagine going to another unless it was their 75th and they didn’t make it. :(

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

LadyPictureShow posted:

My (19m) boyfriend (19m) loathes sexual attention from me but has a near addiction to spilling various liquids onto himself.

Closeted straight guy hoping his boyfriend is into water sports?

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Nah that dude just spent his formative years watching Wetlook fetish videos on Youtube and now he can't jack off to anything else.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
Huh

My GF [28F] of two years thinks I cheated and gave her Chlamydia. I [30M] absolutely did not.

quote:

u/tway767676
Throwaway because she reddits.

A week ago my gf Sarah txts me to come over ASAP. When I get there, she's asking me over and over 'who is it? What's her name?' I'm laughing because I think she's joking. Then she tells me that when she got her pap smear results, they told her she tested positive for chlamydia.

To be clear, I've been with this girl for 2 years and have not had sex with anyone else for the duration plus another 3 months. I even took an STD test before we started and it was clean. Nor do I have any symptoms. I tell her all of this and she point blank accuses me of cheating on her. She says she spoke to the doctor (a campus doctor where she works who isn't even her family doctor) and the only way she could have contracted it is through sex, and since I'm the only one she's been with, then I must have gotten it from someone else and gave it to her.

She broke up with me and basically tells me to get the gently caress out, so I leave. I IMMEDIATELY head to my family doctor and get a full STD test done. He gives me a prescription for some pills while waiting for the results but I haven't taken any yet. Meanwhile, she's ignoring my calls and texts. I've been with this girl for TWO YEARS. I love her. Her family know me. All her friends know me. We were gonna move in together next year with the aim of getting married soon after.

Days pass before she finally picks up the phone, to which she sounds emotionally dead. Giving me one words answers and short sentences. I tell her I've taken my test and will get the results soon. She says it doesn't matter because if she has it, then I have it regardless (pill, no condoms) and that she doesn't need closure. That the worst thing about it is I'm not man enough to just admit it and am a liar.

I go on her Instagram. All pics of me/us have been removed. On Facebook, virtually all of her friends/family have deleted me. A few even msged me to tell me how disappointed they were and never pegged me for a cheater. I ignore it. This is turning into a nightmare.

The next day my test results come back. NEGATIVE. I ask my doctor if he's sure. He says you can never be 100% but the tests were thorough (blood, urine, weird lollypop stick thing in my cock which was not fun at all). I call Sarah, she answers and it sounds like she's been crying. I tell her my test came back negative and I can email her over a paper copy. She says she knows.

Shortly after we broke up, she'd went to her own family doctor and got a full STD test done (as recommended by the campus pap smear doctor). It came back negative same day mine did. She hadn't even picked up her prescription yet so it couldn't have been the pills. She says her family doctor explained that false positive chlamydia results can sometimes pop up during a pap smear and that the other doctor should have advised her on this.

A wave of relief passes over me. Then she bursts into tears. After a few minutes of crying, she reveals that she told EVERYONE about what happened. She claims she'd went into some breakdown after thinking I'd cheated and had to go stay with her parents. The 'truth' was blurted out and it spread from there. Her mother told a bunch of the family and friends. Sarah told her best friends, who told everyone else.

Apparently everyone knows and it's all that's getting talked about. That i cheated on her, gave her an STD and she broke up with me and went through a breakdown. She's been getting texts from friends, family and people she isn't even in contact with to give their condolences. All of these people basically now think I'm scum of the earth.

And then it hits me. She never gave me the benefit of the doubt. She immediately thought the worst of me. Even when I KNEW i didn't have an STD, i NEVER thought that it was she who had it and cheated. the thought never crossed my mind. She said she was confused because the campus doctor seemed so sure, but why not wait until I get tested too?

For the first time since we've been together, I actually hated the sound of her voice. I abruptly got off the phone and have been ignoring her. I figured I'd take a few days to clear my head and think straight. I loved this girl so much, but I'm so loving mad at her right now.

So here we are. She's still calling me multiple times a day. Texting me how sorry she is and how she's told her parents and friends about what actually happened. How can I face these people again? I'm embarrassed. Every time I think about it I get angry. If it was just me and her, okay I'd be pissed that she didn't trust me but I think we could work through it, but right now I feel humiliated.

Oh, and I checked Facebook. Guess who got a bunch of new friend requests? loving DENIED.

Any advice you can give would be appreciated. I honestly am 50/50 about the whole thing, despite how I feel about her. Is this anger going to go away?

TLDR: GF gets positive chlamydia test, accuses me of cheating and dumps me. Turns out it was a false positive, and she's already blabbed to the whole world about it and humiliated me.

Brb, writIng a movie script for a Doctor who gives false positives to manipulate people into dramatic relationship implosions.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Milotic posted:

Huh

My GF [28F] of two years thinks I cheated and gave her Chlamydia. I [30M] absolutely did not.

Brb, writIng a movie script for a Doctor who gives false positives to manipulate people into dramatic relationship implosions.

Good job, dude. You're better off without her.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Remember the racist guy who got laid out by a single lady punch?

Update: Social Worker attacked me and no one will help me

(self.legaladvice)
submitted 9 hours ago by WoodenTumbleweed

quote:

I am unsure how to link because I'm on mobile. The short version is that I got drunk and behaved badly. I was knocked unconscious by a woman. I wanted to ruin her life for ruining mine.

The slightly longer version is that as far as I know the video is not widely distributed. I reported it many times for violating Facebook's terms of service for having racial slurs and violence. I do know that the video is still circulating. I've gotten a few calls about it.

I lost my job, as was expected by this group. I tried to fight it and threatened to sue. They presented me with my contract with helpful tags to show me the part where I agreed that I was a representative of the agency and that my behavior outside of the workplace was representative of the agency and I would be held responsible if I became a threat to their business, basically. My boss was sympathetic as he's known me for some time, and again reminded me that I'm supposed to be better than what I did. I then called a few lawyers. No one would help me some more. I was assured assault charges but what I did would have significantly more consequences.

I was contacted by the police officers I spoke to who warned against me pressing charges. They would be unable to help me as a different report with the actual substation had been filed before mine and was being essentially... Attached to it. I contacted the new investigating officer who ironically was African American and he told me what was reported.

The woman who punched me was not with the woman I was yelling at. She was at the bar waiting for a date to show up, and had seen me with my friends. According to her I was acting in a way that suggested I could "escalate." Apparently I did, because she felt like the woman's life was potentially in danger and tried to tell me to stop twice. When I pushed the other lady she hit me, twice.

She stayed to see what my friends would do. They were checking on me. She gave the other woman her card when she asked if she was ok, and then left. Apparently afraid i would get up and attack her/other people. She told my friends to "get your friend out of here." Then she left.

She went to a bar a block away and called it in herself. She reported it then, I reported it the next day.

So, that's great. She reported herself.

The woman who I had originally been arguing with apparently got in contact with her, and then the officer. She'd' been out for her birthday with friends and there was a different video where essentially what she reported happened. In this video you can see my face actually up close, and hear everything I said. I now understand why this woman thought I was a safety risk. I am truly ashamed.

I asked if I could drop the charges and I was told that it was not up to me, but based on evidence it was unlikely she would be charged. I, however, will be looking at a drunk and disorderly. I tried to call the workplace of the woman, but they would not speak to me and referred me to their lawyers. I notified the lawyers via email that I would not be pursuing anything and apologized. I contacted the social work board who didn't know what I was talking about. I apparently was unintelligible in my message.

I previously mentioned I had money to fight this for a long time, which I'm embarrassed by. I will be checking into a rehab facility as soon as I get the ok from the legal side. My brother has offered to help me now that I'm taking responsibility.

I had just one more question: after this is all done and it's on my record will it expand on what happened in the drunk and disorderly?

I'm trying to understand for future jobs. My brothers area of law is typically property. So I thought I would ask here.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
GF [29F] and I [30M] had a money talk - didn't get well

quote:

Been seeing a girl for 9 months, and we made things official official not too long ago. We do not live together. I decided to talk about money/spending habits today. Did not go too well.

Looking for advice on how I should have approached this? As well, what others think of this.

She is an entrepreneur(first time running a business) and it's going pretty okay. People are buying, not exploding, but there is growth, so all good. I work in a startup myself, so while I have never created my own company from scratch, I did join one as an early stage employee, and have seen what it takes to make one grow. I have helped in every aspect I can, and given feedback and suggestions when asked. I build software for a living, and have a sales background - so I feel relatively at home with an online business.

My GF wants a lifestyle where she can travel, work remotely when she wants to, and otherwise be free of a physical location by having a successful business. I think all that sounds amazing, and it's something I am working towards myself.

Now, I was concerned/uncertain/curious about her finances. She just came back from her 3rd trip this year (Europe/Vegas/Asia) and is already talking about taking another one in December. I know she recently borrowed money from her mom to buy/invest in more product as she could not afford it herself, lives in a quite expensive apartment, and city life takes a financial toll in general.

I asked her, curious and a bit worried how she manages to go from month to month. Perhaps I was a bit judgemental on her wanting to do another trip in a couple of months...the way I've been raised, if I have just borrowed money from my parents, there is no loving way in hell I am then also going on vacations. However, I did not say that, what a way to start a real big fight.

I tried phrasing my question the best I could, without questioning her decisions. Firstly, I wanted to know that things are good. Hear from her it's working. On a certain flipside, I am having a hard time understanding someone wanting to start a business, for it to be successful so you can work from anywhere, then yet, in my mind, take excessive time away from it. It feels like she is reaping the benefits of having gotten it to a working point, before haven getting it there.

This shouldn't suggest she doesn't work hard, and goes completely MIA when she has gone on these vacations. Work happens intermittently - far from ideal though. It's just, currently, she's barely/if paying the monthly bills, and is borrowing money for more product - yet prioritizes these get aways highly. I am a tad bit nervous about this - because this could be my future partner :/

The fallout was, "I can't believe you dont support me", "Are you jealous of me going on another trip?", "what is another $500, who cares", "If you could just walk a day in my shoes", "I need to enjoy life",, :siren:"my ex would have my back financially if I fail,:siren: I don't feel you would", etc. I clearly brought up something she was unhappy about.

She did message back hours later saying she had overreacted. I however have little desire to have a conversation like this again anytime soon.

TL;DR ​ GF is talking about going on fourth trip this year, while she has been borrowing money from Mom to make business work. I asked about her finances, concerned, curious, and perhaps a bit judging as to why she is reaping the benefits of a successful business before putting in the hours.​

EDIT Getting a lot more traction on this than I thought I would. Thanks for the insights so far. My problem now, is I am justifying her reasons on her behalf. And I mean, they can be justified. Or am I falling down the rabbit hole of making excuses on her behalf.

The ex comment however I don't consider justifiable - that's just stupid, heat of the moment got the better of her? Look at me justifying it.

EDIT2 Not MLM. Her own product that has been created through a relationship she has established with a manufacturer. Own packaging, branding/ No crazy meetups, buy more, peerpressure from mentors, etc. However her desired lifestyle does have the smell of "retire by 30!"

EDIT3 Woah, 154 upvotes and tons of replies. Did not expect this. You are all scarily singing the same tune, and confirming how I feel, and have felt for a short time. Devils advocate anyone? Almost incomprehensible to think how quickly things can turn on a dime.

EDIT4 A few things:

1: Definitely a few devils advocates now. Thank you. I will agree that it's only been 9 months, it's none of my business, nor is it my business. I have however been hyper involved on her requests, building/advice/consulting. So I am no outsider to it. I guess what I am saying, it's not like I am poking my head into something I have no idea about. Unsolicited advice is unsolicited no matter how I cut the cake however.

2: I think she felt judged, and I hate that. I can't control how she ended up feeling, problem is, it isn't my intentions that mattered, but how it was received. This is my fault. Things come out wrong sometimes when you're in the moment, and don't have time to think deeply about the effects of a given word.

3. I care, care more than to just breakup, otherwise I wouldn't even bother have put it up on r/relationships. I am soliciting advice and opinions because I am torn myself. So far, I've gotten lots of great feedback/criticism. Thank you for that. I don't think I am 100% in the right here.

4. Someone said they're only getting my side of the story...well yea? I am however trying to be self critical.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
let her bankrupt herself, who cares

Sounds like a person who grew up rich who doesn't understand money. Who the hell borrows money because they have none and then say "who gives a poo poo about 500 dollars lol"?

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

CheesyDog posted:

Remember the racist guy who got laid out by a single lady punch?

Update: Social Worker attacked me and no one will help me

(self.legaladvice)
submitted 9 hours ago by WoodenTumbleweed
He's so close to grasping it yet so far. He still seems to be putting it in terms that he was wronged instead of the bad guy in this story. Get the feeling he would have kept pouring it on had he not lost his job.

Still hoping that video will get out.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Husband(31M) is uncompromising and it’s draining me (29F)

This is 100% like someone I know. It's infuriating to plan something with a group of people, have everyone on board, and him try to replan everything so that he doesn't have to travel as much.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

blugu64 posted:

This is 100% like someone I know. It's infuriating to plan something with a group of people, have everyone on board, and him try to replan everything so that he doesn't have to travel as much.

On the other hand it sounds like he's developed this as a defensive mechanism against her short sightedness and irresponsibility. If she can't even look after a loving CAT without him having to pick up the slack then arguing against a dog based on that logic rather than her emotional whims seems pretty wise.

Without being a fly on the wall it's hard to know ho reasonable his approach actually is, though to be honest it sounds like they're not really that compatible, it's more like a parent child relationship where the grown up one of the pair brings a bit of rationality to things and the other one sulks that they didn't get their way.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

It sounds less like he's a hyper logical Vulcan Android thing and more like she's a loving moron who wants to do irresponsible things constantly and then gets mad when he says no because it doesn't make any sense for them to do it

She's basically looking for an argument against "yeah it doesn't at all make sense and will be mostly on you to figure out, but I want it!!!"

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
idunno, if you need to borrow money maybe 4 vacations in one year is bad bad dumb dumb

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

datajugend posted:

idunno, if you need to borrow money maybe 4 vacations in one year is bad bad dumb dumb

wow good job of destroying her dreams, her spirit, her hope you loving monster, you oval office

how can you not be more supportive of her? You imp, you toad

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Once you start getting old, it becomes a bigger event when you’ve been together for so many years. Parties like this are frequently organized by adult children and take place in a community hall. For the milestone years, there are cards, gifts, cake and a slideshow.

It’s not about celebrating the first time you and your wife banged. It’s about celebrating your lives together and all the things you achieved as a couple. Many marriages don’t last, but you managed to make it 50 years together and raised wonderful children who care about you.

I’ve been to 50th and 60th wedding anniversaries for grandparents and aunts and uncles in my family. They can be anything from a casual party with all your family to a grand event in a rented out venue, similar to a wedding, complete with speeches, dancing and catered food.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

She needs four vacations a year to get away from the stress of borrowing money for four vacations a year. Next year she will need to up the dosage.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Anniversaries are a cultural thing, like I know some folks who are in their 20s who still live with their parents and they celebrate their folks' anniversaries, but it's because they come from that nuclear family culture where that's what you do. You spend all the celebrations together, regardless of what they are. I think it's really sheltered way of being, but that's how some folks like to be.

Do I think it's loving weird to spend a day with your folks, when that day is intended for people to take a moment to intimately re-connect with their partner, to remind themselves of their romantic love and gently caress? Yes. Yes it is.

50/60th anniversaries make sense to celebrate with your community because that's a huge benchmark of achievement. Plus at that age no one is expecting you to scuttle off to bone right away. But the random one-off ones? loving WEIRD FAMILY BOUNDARY ISSUES if you celebrate that with your parents. There's a point where you're supposed to celebrate your own anniversaries (whatever those may be), and stop celebrating your parents' achievements as if they're yours every year.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Aug 23, 2018

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
A 50 is a big deal though because it's the last big round number event before your parents die. 60 is like edge and if your parents were on the older end when they married it's probably wise not to bet on it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Or they can be like some of my relatives and make it to their 75th anniversary and smugly lord over everyone else, even in death.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Wife demands I give up beer to save money but Spend $50 on kids Halloween costume

quote:

My wife lost her job, because of this and because our sons need after school care (so my wife can work a part time job) we have moved in with my MIL. We’ve cut back on expenses as much as we could but my wife and MIL think I should give up my beer, of which I spend maybe $40 a month. This resulted in a fight last week when I purchased a case of cheap beer, which seemed to piss them off. On the flip side of this my wife borrowed money fom her mom for kid’s Halloween costumes. To the tune of 50 bucks. In August.

I’ve tried to explain to my wife that cutting small luxuries won’t save us enough money to make a difference, a year of not drinking won’t even save us a month’s daycare tuition, plus for our overall sanity we should keep a few. I’m annoyed that a whole two months before Halloween my wife felt it necessary to buy costumes that were relatively expensive in my opinion, and that she justifies it away by saying it’s for the kids. And now that she borrowed the money for it it just makes me look bad to her mom, really doesn’t like me anyway. We have a fairly extensive budget laid out, the kids are covered in the areas they need to be covered so I don’t think spending some money on ourselves makes us terrible parents. Or am I wrong?

TL;DR Am I wrong in thinking the costumes are equally as unnecessary as getting myself beer?

Mostly posting this because some of the comment section are pretty... uh, interesting.

quote:

KOPBrewHouse
No but her mom treats her to things like lunch and what not. Plus her thing is Dunkin Donuts coffee, she’s buying instant coffee instead. So she still can get her luxury, I have to give up mine.

That’s right folks, switching to instant is exactly the same as buying coffee!

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationships/comments/99mstb/wife_demands_i_give_up_beer_to_save_money_but/

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
What is 50? The diamond anniversary or something?

But yeah it's half-a-century, which is very satisfying to humans as a means of measure. It's not just X amount of years, it's a sizeable portion of a much bigger measurement. That's worth celebrating with the fam.

EDIT: It's gold.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

LadyPictureShow posted:

Maybe he really likes water?

Like, REALLY likes water.

A lot.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Or they can be like some of my relatives and make it to their 75th anniversary and smugly lord over everyone else, even in death.

why'd you let them make it to 75? that's just plain negligent. i said 50 should be the last anniversary and i meant it. :black101:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Some things are just excuses for a nice party and to celebrate the good things in your life. Round numbers, saints' deathdays, whatever.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

LadyPictureShow posted:

Wife demands I give up beer to save money but Spend $50 on kids Halloween costume

On the one hand, plenty of people spend $40 on one single night of drinking, so if you're stretching it out over a month that's actually not egregious. On the other, it sounds like he just drinks all this alone by himself, and I'm willing to bet they have to stretch it out like this because he is unable to moderate himself and needs a steady stream of cheap beer in his system in order to get by with all the stress of being on the poverty line, and that that's taking a toll on their relationship as a whole.

Really, I think she wants him to stop drinking, and the money thing is an excuse. And he doesn't want to stop drinking, so he's focusing on the 'logic' of the money thing instead of seeing how his behavior is damaging the relationship.

Blade Runner
Aug 14, 2015

Pick posted:

A 50 is a big deal though because it's the last big round number event before your parents die. 60 is like edge and if your parents were on the older end when they married it's probably wise not to bet on it.

She can drive there her loving self, then, not expect this dude to act as her chauffeur for 18 hours over two days and then go right back to work immediately after

Like he's not opposed to her going, he's just refusing to drive her

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

why'd you let them make it to 75? that's just plain negligent. i said 50 should be the last anniversary and i meant it. :black101:

They built their house with their own hands and until she was a hundred the woman in the relationship left hair-trigger bear traps on her property to break off deers legs so she could watch them suffer before blasting their heads off point blank with a shotgun.

I let time deal witith then.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

How do I (M35) ask out my therapist?

quote:

letting my friend use my account to post this

I really like my therapist - I feel like we have a genuine connection outside of a purely patient-therapist relationship. We share a lot of personal information so I know she is no longer in a long term relationship and is available/actively dating. However, I know that she can’t engage in any romantic activity with me while I’m her patient. How do I go about getting her?

FYI - I’m not in therapy for any significant mental issues, but I’m just having trouble getting over an obsession with another woman.

Thoughts:

I could start giving her little thank you gifts now while we are seeing each other to ‘prime the pump’ - my love language is giving gifts. But I’m pretty sure this violates HIPAA

I could tell her that I don’t think we need to see each other professionally anymore but that I’d love to get a drink sometime

I could ask her during therapy about how to deal with a crush on an unattainable woman and then feel out her responses

tl;dr I need tips on hitting on my therapist after I am no longer her patient

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

Barudak posted:

They built their house with their own hands and until she was a hundred the woman in the relationship left hair-trigger bear traps on her property to break off deers legs so she could watch them suffer before blasting their heads off point blank with a shotgun.

I let time deal witith then.

Was she Nathan Explosion?