Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

butros posted:

could you guys please stop arguing thanks
Hey, it's the goon with my 2nd favorite AV! Hi Butros! :wave:

I think we can all agree that an all-meat diet is a terrible loving idea and that the two Petersons are a daft bunch? Like, I'm not saying you should go vegan/vegetarian or anything (that's a really strong lifestyle choice and you should probably check with at least a nutritionist to see if it's doable), but mixing it up once in a while is fine, y'know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Morphix posted:

what's it like trying this many times to 'win' about a conversation about vegetables, and everything time you think you have a slam dunk, I come over and slam your loving head into the concrete one more time and politely ask you to try again.

You are either a really good troll or the least self aware person ITT

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

hot sauce posted:

You are either a really good troll or the least self aware person ITT

or the more likely option, you're an insecure dude whose built too much of his personality around the consumption of meat and me saying a bad thing has triggered the gently caress out of you, and now you're projecting like an imax.

otherwise you know, you could have just ignored my stupid paragraphs. But here we are, you're still trying to one-up me on this topic. When you've proven to be stupider on the topic than me. Simply because I've at least read a book, which consists of primary sources. All you have is bro science blogs you colossal dork.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
The study was published in 1990.

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

barkbell posted:

The study was published in 1990.

And him being a research scientists working at one of the top universities, he kept you know, researching between the 90s and the 2000s. And than wrote a synthesis of his lifes work in the form of a book in 2004.

drat son, you almost had me on a technicality, instead of reading, you almost 'won' with a technical. that's the best use of your time.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
So the criticism I posted was in response to the 1990 study do you not actually understand any of this? The book is not the same as the study. You seem to conflate the two. Im not trying to get you on a technicality.

What is your overall point? We should eat less meat but bacon memes are preventing men from getting on board?

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
I ate a meat earlier today

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
So it's you who is owned

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

barkbell posted:

So the criticism I posted was in response to the 1990 study do you not actually understand any of this? The book is not the same as the study. You seem to conflate the two. Im not trying to get you on a technicality.

I'm glad you persisted because too be honest I hadn't read your whole link, it's somehow worse than I first thought.

quote:

A survey of 65 counties in rural China, however, did not find a clear association between animal product consumption and risk of heart disease or major cancers

And the citation they use for this is Campbells own research, which he says points to the exact oppisite way. So, let's see I should ignore a dudes entire body of work, who conducted the largest health study ever done in human history, because 3 paragraphs of some butthurt feelings are thrown up on display. I mean, this poo poo would never pass muster. You can't just loving say someone's research points in the exact opposite way without at least showing me how you got there. Yet that's exactly what they do, the paragraph just ends and they move onto their next point. What the gently caress.

quote:

What is your overall point? We should eat less meat but bacon memes are preventing men from getting on board?

Yes, eat less meat, it's the easiest diet in the world in my experience. It's how I went from being a tubby gamer american. to just a gamer american. Stop being snarky assholes to vegans/vegetarians because they have both the nutritional, environmental and moral reasons on their side. The only thing the pro-meat side has is taste and preference. So admit that and stop trying to science your way of personal preferences.

Morphix fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Sep 4, 2018

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Wark Say posted:

Hey, it's the goon with my 2nd favorite AV! Hi Butros! :wave:

:yayclod:

Whats your first favorite?

E: can you please come back and probate the gently caress out of these morons? This thread is never great but that past few pages :ughh:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

butros posted:

:yayclod:

Whats your first favorite?

E: can you please come back and probate the gently caress out of these morons? This thread is never great but that past few pages :ughh:
Sorry, not a mod in RGD. :shrug:

Oh and my favorite is a coin-toss between the "Starmen" and the Metal Singers making goofy "evil" faces.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

butros posted:

Come on, the past few pages have been way funnier than the typical thread topic of complain about a guest. Goon meltdowns are often times comedy gold

Morphix posted:

or the more likely option, you're an insecure dude whose built too much of his personality around the consumption of meat and me saying a bad thing has triggered the gently caress out of you, and now you're projecting like an imax.

otherwise you know, you could have just ignored my stupid paragraphs. But here we are, you're still trying to one-up me on this topic. When you've proven to be stupider on the topic than me. Simply because I've at least read a book, which consists of primary sources. All you have is bro science blogs you colossal dork.

Not sure which posts of mine make you think Im a huge fan of meat. Ive actually said Im for reducing thoughtless meat consumption in a reply to you.

You did get a couple things right though, I am a bro and Ive been ignoring every paragraph where you talk about some Chinese study from 1987 or whatever lol

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

hot sauce posted:

You did get a couple things right though, I am a bro and Ive been ignoring every paragraph where you talk about some Chinese study from 1987 or whatever lol

hey at least we're being honest with each other eh?

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof

Morphix posted:

I'm glad you persisted because too be honest I hadn't read your whole link, it's somehow worse than I first thought.

And the citation they use for this is Campbells own research, which he says points to the exact oppisite way. So, let's see I should ignore a dudes entire body of work, who conducted the largest health study ever done in human history, because 3 paragraphs of some butthurt feelings are thrown up on display. I mean, this poo poo would never pass muster. You can't just loving say someone's research points in the exact opposite way without at least showing me how you got there. Yet that's exactly what they do, the paragraph just ends and they move onto their next point. What the gently caress.

The study doesnt correlate animal food consumption with disease. It uses cholesterol as a proxy for animal food consumption.

You dont really seem interested in examining the China study however since any pushback you receive doesnt seem to result in you actually reading any of the criticism. You just respond with how large this study was.

quote:

Yes, eat less meat, it's the easiest diet in the world in my experience. It's how I went from being a tubby gamer american. to just a gamer american. Stop being snarky assholes to vegans/vegetarians because they have both the nutritional, environmental and moral reasons on their side. The only thing the pro-meat side has is taste and preference. So admit that and stop trying to science your way of personal preferences.

Congrats on your weight loss.

We were being snarky about people who eat all beef diets in this thread and previously made fun of the Bell brothers for wondering if vegetables are even good for you.

I invite you to come to the general fitness thread. You seem to have a passion about your diet and would be a good ambassador in promoting it. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3483424

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
When it's hot, I drape myself in frozen steaks to cool down.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

bango skank posted:

nice meltdown

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

butros posted:

Forums snitching is never cool. Also this meltdown has been quite entertaining

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

barkbell posted:

The study doesnt correlate animal food consumption with disease. It uses cholesterol as a proxy for animal food consumption.

You dont really seem interested in examining the China study however since any pushback you receive doesnt seem to result in you actually reading any of the criticism. You just respond with how large this study was.

quote:

The study concluded that counties with a high consumption of animal-based foods in 198384 were more likely to have had higher death rates from "Western" diseases as of 197375, while the opposite was true for counties that ate more plant-based foods.[9]

from the wiki on the book. I havn't read the book in like a decade at this point and can't find my copy, so pardon me if this is the best I got in regards to this. But while you're right, cholesterol was the primary mechanism, they went far beyond it in the book. And in regards to the scale of the study and why I bring it up, it's because, well, why wouldn't you want dietary advice that has been shown to work for the largest group of people. If were giving blanket health advice over the internet, it seems like the advice's ability to speak to the concerns of the largest group would be most prudent. Hence me harping on it over and over. Also, the shear scale of the study done is astounding. To ignore that is foolish.

quote:

I invite you to come to the general fitness thread. You seem to have a passion about your diet and would be a good ambassador in promoting it. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3483424

too be honest I don't give a poo poo about general fitness, I like the idea of being healthy, but I also smoke a pack a day and havn't had a non-weed day since like 07'. This was literally the easiest way to lose weight, treat meat like a dessert. My main sticking point is self-described alpha males promoting hosed up masculinity through various avenues. The poo poo hosed me up for years in my teenage years and now that if you'd just look at me and how I'd carry myself, you'd describe me as that alpha dude (least women describe me that way), but I go out of my way to break that perception of masculinity being derived from food, or clothes, or how you treat women, etc. Being an aggressive rear end in a top hat to people isn't cool no matter how many greek letters you coach it in. And I enjoy chest checking these fuckers like nobody''s business. My way of giving back to the male community, my way of sticking up for the little guy.

but cheers for the link. my b on the aggressive posturing, but you know, when it's you vs a handful people, you gotta puff your chest out a little bit.

Morphix fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Sep 4, 2018

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

excuse me wtf, you smoke a pack a day of cigarettes and eating meat is the crusade you're going on?

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

piratepilates posted:

excuse me wtf, you smoke a pack a day of cigarettes and eating meat is the crusade you're going on?

meh we all have our vices, I don't see the contradictions. it's easier not to eat meat than it is to stop smoking cigs once you're addicted to cigs. besides doing both isn't going to negate the two. So why not try to minimize health risks.

e- in full disclosure been trying to quit this week, part of why I've been such an rear end in a top hat is goddamn the cravings, the loving cravings, I can't smoke enough weed to loving turn it off.

Morphix fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 4, 2018

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
The general fitness thread may help you out friend. Its not just about exercise it also covers diet and unhealthy habits like smoking or being mentally unstable.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Morphix posted:

e- in full disclosure been trying to quit this week, part of why I've been such an rear end in a top hat is goddamn the cravings, the loving cravings, I can't smoke enough weed to loving turn it off.

alright fair enough, ps vape

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Morphix posted:

meh we all have our vices

smoking has been abnormal for decades it's not something most people pick up.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Groovelord Neato posted:

smoking has been abnormal for decades it's not something most people pick up.

Nice try, MEATEATER

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

putting meat in my mouth and in my rear end

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
This thread is bananas.

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
Can't wait for Lobster Man or Saget of Arkanon to appear on JRE again so the discourse on this thread will pick up.

Jackson Polack
Feb 13, 2018
extremely enjoyed morphix's posts actually hope im not alone even if the pushback did read a little like '06 maddox le best page in le universe. will probably keep eating meat but i do get sad anytime i look into the eyes of a cow so or see chooks snoozing.

quitting weed is extremely tough people underestimate how hard it is when you go from a daily to none at all. thoughts & prayers.

Jackson Polack
Feb 13, 2018
imagine demanding someone get probated for fouling up a joe rogan thread. truly the worst thing to ever happen.

iota subscript
Oct 26, 2010

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! OFFERS 10-TOPIC POLITICAL DEBATE TO ANY LIBERAL - ONE SA MEMBER STARTS TO ACCEPT, THEN BACKS OUT AND WETS PANTS AFTER LEARNING IRONKNUCKLE HAS DEBATED ON TELEVISION BEFORE! READ HERE

Helical Nightmares posted:

This thread is bananasbacon.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

what is it about diets that gets people so angry? is it the fact that they have to win the arguement about which diet is the best diet? disclaimer, i have meaten eat today and it was delish

lettuce know in the comments below

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Watching Joe and DDP's bromance bloom on air was extremely satisfying.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1037249325464600578

All that AlphaBrain may explain the Thai rescue pedo posts, actually.

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 12:21 on Sep 5, 2018

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

toggle posted:

what is it about diets that gets people so angry? is it the fact that they have to win the arguement about which diet is the best diet? disclaimer, i have meaten eat today and it was delish

lettuce know in the comments below

I'm guessing picking a diet comes along with a major life transformation and more positive outlooks on your body, so that diet becomes a major part of your identity and you really don't want someone to see that the emperor has no clothes

according to a vox video I watched a while ago and half-remember, picking any diet is more important for weight loss success than which diet you pick, being more conscious about what you're eating is what helps. thats why you see some people who are adamant that paleo is absolutely the best way to lose all that weight, and then others who say all plants no meat is the best way, and then those who say keto is the best way

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I wasn't being serious you guys.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Sounds serious

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

Megazver posted:

Watching Joe and DDP's bromance bloom on air was extremely satisfying.

yeah i came when ddp agreed to get in joes tank

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I wasn't being serious you guys.
Bill Burr is that you? :monocle:

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

What I eat don't make you poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Apple A Gay
Oct 21, 2008

bill was interviewed by washington post days before bert's special premiered

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ente...m=.e9f93afdc86b

bill burr posted:

I dont do jokes about my daughter. If she wants to get into show business, Ill let that be her decision rather than me putting all these stories out there about her. If you tell some embarrassing story about her and then she goes to school kids are already going to pick on her because thats what kids do now youve given this extra added ammo and you become part of a problem. Ive never understood doing stuff like that. The only way I think I would ever tell a story is if I was the butt of the joke.

bert told secrets about his dumb kids and how poorly his wife gives handies lol