Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

What a twist

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

My favorite bit of foreshadowing in this series was with Toga's really weird and creepy rant when she first showed up about wanting to kill Stain and become him. Now that her quirks been revealed it makes sense and its so crazy.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Nephthys posted:

My favorite bit of foreshadowing in this series was with Toga's really weird and creepy rant when she first showed up about wanting to kill Stain and become him. Now that her quirks been revealed it makes sense and its so crazy.

On top of Her talk with Ochako, about how it's not enough to simply imitate a person, you need to become them

Also

Momomo posted:

So is she actually supposed to be naked? I figured it was some kind of wetsuit and they were just being weird about it. She seems to be pretty much the same as that girl with the needles as far as her interactions with Deku go, so I can't say I'm particularly excicted about this character.

Just so perfect

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
So many great reveals in this episode.

BTW, was it ever revealed who those guys where in the beginning of the opening?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
There's basically just weird sounds coming out of my mouth at this point when I get to the end of new episodes.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
i normally don't watch the next ep preview but i did

so goddamn hype right now

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Why Bakugo so eager to lose to Midoriya, if he admits his suspicions are true he has to acknowledge he stands no chance

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

Why Bakugo so eager to lose to Midoriya, if he admits his suspicions are true he has to acknowledge he stands no chance

Deku is not nearly as strong as All Might right now and Bakugo is well aware of that fact.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
So did Toga manage to retain enough points to pass in the second phase of the test?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
When it's Saturday

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Deified Data posted:

Giving up and acknowledging somebody else as stronger than him is kinda 100% the opposite of Bakugou's whole thing

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I think Bakugo low key wants to get his rear end kicked so he can accept the fact that he's weaker/on an even level with Midoriya and the other classmates and humble himself.

It's like someone who can logically work something through but wont accept it as true until someone defeats them? I dunno. I hope they aren't expelled for this.

Also lol Minata's 'THE HIERARCHY IS CHANGING'

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Starsnostars posted:

So did Toga manage to retain enough points to pass in the second phase of the test?

Camie has technically failed the test due to not actually being there.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Starsnostars posted:

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Starsnostars posted:

e:fuckin beaten.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Mulderman posted:

So many great reveals in this episode.

BTW, was it ever revealed who those guys where in the beginning of the opening?

Nope! We only have like, 3 episodes left and I doubt they'll show up in any of them either. It's worth noting that those guys weren't in the manga either. I think they were meant to be other students the kids fight during the first part of the test, but were eventually replaced by the ninja school and tea girl at some point.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Bakugo calling Ragdoll an old cat lady was mean

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

I just noticed Deku's little sleeve covering his big gross arm scar for the first time.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

Bakugo calling Ragdoll an old cat lady was mean

I think he might be an rear end in a top hat

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

I think he might be an rear end in a top hat

Hmm, I dunno, I think you might be reaching here.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I like how All For One can continue twisting the knife in All Might even after being beaten.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

Every time I scroll up to the top of the page this post makes me laugh.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Literally went "oh, ...OOOOOOOooooh" out loud in my apartment at the Touga reveal

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

Deku is not nearly as strong as All Might right now and Bakugo is well aware of that fact.

Also, remember what Bakugo's response was to fighting All Might?

Bakugo's response to impossible odds is best summarized as "gently caress YOU!"

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

a kitten posted:

Literally went "oh, ...OOOOOOOooooh" out loud in my apartment at the Touga reveal

i might have made some sort of gleeful squeek

chiasaur11 posted:

Bakugo's response to impossible odds is best summarized as "SHUT UP! I'LL KILL YOU!"

ftfy

Zetsubou-san fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 8, 2018

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

chiasaur11 posted:

Bakugo's response to impossible odds is best summarized as "gently caress YOU!"

It's why he's the best.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Andrast posted:

I'd watch Single Quirkless Lawyer

Single Quirkless Lawyer, winning lots of cases~~

Just wanted you to know I appreciated your dated reference.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Momomo posted:

She seems to be pretty much the same as that girl with the needles as far as her interactions with Deku go, so I can't say I'm particularly excited about this character.

And now you why she was pretty much the same. Because she was the same.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Deified Data posted:

Here is why Bakugo will not fail: what Todoroki and Inasa did was far more disqualifying than being mean to a couple disaster victims and the genre dictates that neither of them would fail alongside Bakugo. Unless he fails and they pass arbitrarily, which is not outside the realm of possibility but this show is usually written better than that.

One of these three failing would have a good narrative punch, all three failing is impossible. If Bakugo is the one that fails that would be stupid as hell. Their inability to put their argument aside literally put more people in (real) danger than there were already.

Turns out they both failed.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Huh I just realized they cut the line were Tsukauchi said he wanted to get them a meeting with Stain, I wonder why. They also cut the scene that showed he was in the same prison as All for One in an earlier episode.

edit: Putting it in spoiler tags

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Sep 9, 2018

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Why the hell are you talking about manga stuff?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

a kitten posted:

Why the hell are you talking about manga stuff?

It's not manga stuff so much as stuff that should have been in the anime already.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
While it may indicate a change in direction of the narrative since the manga was written, there's still room for it to make it to the show. There's a whole chapter that's been skipped that we're definitely seeing in the last episode or two, so it may get packed in with that.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Good saving, MonsterEnvy. :cool:

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart
how many episodes left in the cour again? three ?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
I can't believe Bakugo wants to get his rear end kicked again.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

ApeHawk posted:

I can't believe you don't have faith in Bakugo.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

ApeHawk posted:

Tsundere with an S&M kink

Not that surprising, given his family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

MonsterEnvy posted:

Turns out they both failed.

Haha yep, I eat my words with relish. This is exactly how it should have went down and I'm glad the series went there. At the same time I'm glad that all three have the chance to catch up so quickly. Those eps would make for some great filler if we didn't only have a couple episodes left.

chiasaur11 posted:

I can't believe you don't have faith in Bakugo.

He's my favorite but no I don't, I don't think he can really conceive of how vastly he's outclassed by Midoriya and if he manages to win it will be because Midoriya was forced to hold himself back to prevent permanent harm.

Deified Data fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 9, 2018