Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/chicagobearsfr/status/1038983572399345664

"After a good first half time our attack no longer produces. The alarm must ring."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/1038987052635672576
https://twitter.com/ProFootballDoc/status/1038992065353273344

hmmm

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
So was that the biggest deficit the Packers have ever come back from against the bears

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

iospace posted:

Mack is something else though.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Cavauro posted:

Feeling happy for raiders fans who were able to prove that letting mack go was the right call

Hey ty for your kind words I sent you a PM

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Wentz threw a TD on a torn ACL+LCL, I definitely don't think Rodgers coming back means he's fine at all. Tomorrow's gonna be telling of how bad it is

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Deshaun Watson played like a future truck driver.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

lmfao put this on tff's background oh lord

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

That was the best pm i've seen, so far. keep em comeing

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somebody 'shop the Bears coach into this

https://i.imgur.com/UHwDvAR.gifv

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Wentz threw a TD on a torn ACL+LCL, I definitely don't think Rodgers coming back means he's fine at all. Tomorrow's gonna be telling of how bad it is

I assume he definitely doesn't have any torn ligaments because there's incredibly simple tests for that and if you go back out after failing that your injury potentially turns into a teddy bridgewater situation, but he looked completely hosed footwork wise

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Titties Status: Not Kissed.

Great job Bears.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chris James 2 posted:

It's probably a sprain and he'll play through it regardless but will be risking tearing it

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Chris James 2 posted:

I can't see him coming back out on a torn ACL at the start of the season with absolutely nothing of value on the line.

I'm guessing (hoping) it's a sprain and that's it.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

why didnt they send kizer out there to take a knee if rodgers' knee is too hosed up to bend

rodgers being a tryhard i guess

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

https://twitter.com/RealSkipBayless/status/1038992343083282434

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

I cant stop smiling. That SNF game was entertaining as gently caress. And I don't even have a rooting interest in either of those teams

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Mike Nolan drafted Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers because Smith opened the door for his mom.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I'm just glad Eli Manning still sucks just like he always has. love that guy, hope he sticks around for five more seasons

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
aaron rodgers has as many super bowls as nick foles and a third of unit size. What does anyone see in the guy?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Chinatown posted:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Skip Bayless

trying too hard. yawn

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Dutchy posted:

Mike Nolan drafted Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers because Smith opened the door for his mom.

Wait, did Alex Smith hold the door open for his own mom, or for Mike Nolan's mom?

Because lol at the image of Aaron Rodgers not holding the door open for his own mom.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

DrunkPanda posted:

I cant stop smiling. That SNF game was entertaining as gently caress. And I don't even have a rooting interest in either of those teams

As someone who has a vested interest in the Packers eating dirt, it was awful

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

LabyaMynora posted:

Because lol at the image of Aaron Rodgers not holding the door open for his own mom.

rodgers definitely wouldn't hold open the door for his own mom

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

I tie my shoe like that.... but maybe Im just stupid

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

PupsOfWar posted:

why didnt they send kizer out there to take a knee if rodgers' knee is too hosed up to bend

rodgers being a tryhard i guess

it was 4th down so they couldn't strictly take a knee. my guess was a long shotgun snap or possibly just a direct snap and the back runs around for a bit and kneels

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

LabyaMynora posted:

Wait, did Alex Smith hold the door open for his own mom, or for Mike Nolan's mom?

His own mom, I think. Rodgers didn't hold the door open for his mom because his mom wasn't at the lunch he had with 49ers brass

I mean the story is probably not true, Rodgers probably just rolled his eyes when Nolan told him to jump up and down on one leg while patting his belly or something

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

hifi posted:

it was 4th down so they couldn't strictly take a knee. my guess was a long shotgun snap or possibly just a direct snap and the back runs around for a bit and kneels

right but the other plays on that drive

why send your qb out to field shotgun snaps and hand the ball off, two exchanges that could be fumbled
they could have knelt on 1st, 2nd, and 3rd downs
i am assuming they didn't do so because rodgers was physically unable

bring forth kizer in that situation

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

do not put deshone kizer on the field in any situation and, instead, fire him into the sun

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Chris James 2 posted:

You really expect an honest injury report on a QB that can still walk and isn't shrieking in pain?

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

do not put deshone kizer on the field in any situation and, instead, fire him into the sun

Never thought i'd pine for Hundley but

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kizer's first drive was great, then the o-line let him get strip sacked which tilted him off the planet.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Skip thinks MJ is better than LeBron lol

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

iospace posted:

Kizer's first drive was great, then the o-line let him get strip sacked which tilted him off the planet.

But that was the knock on him @ the browns right? He gave up more red zone turnovers than anyone else by double digit margins and he did it again. Just can't trust that dude to not turn it over

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
An hour after the game ended and I'm still cackling happily at how horrible the bears are

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
The Packers should drop both their 1st rounders next year on o-line. Chicago's pass rush is crazy this year, and Minnesota's is going to be nuts too.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
I feel like there's a lot of coaches in the league that don't understand that when facing a player of Rodgers' caliber, the one thing you can never loving do is let off the gas. The awful, terrifying thing about Rodgers is that he can carve even the best defense to absolute shreds, and whenever he has the ball in his hands, you have to assume he'll score. The only way to win is to play aggressively and pile on so many points and take so much time off the clock that he physically can't come back.

Ultimately, it's the same reason why the Jags lost in the AFC championship and the Eagles won the Superbowl-Marrone didn't understand that Brady can't ever be underestimated, called plays like the game was in the bag, and got torn to fuckin' shreds. Pederson meanwhile did everything in his physical power to keep and build his team's lead over the Patriots, and managed to smother the inevitable comeback.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

I mean, I'm not happy about having to play the Vikings with a hobbled Rodgers.

As a 49ers fan, let me tell you you are in a world of hurt next week. Rodgers might pull a win out the bullshit zone again, but it'd be a painful win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

adaz posted:

But that was the knock on him @ the browns right? He gave up more red zone turnovers than anyone else by double digit margins and he did it again. Just can't trust that dude to not turn it over

I didn't feel that fumble was on him. The Mack Pick-6, eeeeeeeh should have ate it instead of trying being the hero, but again, o-line didn't do him any favors (or Rodgers in the 1st half for that matter).

• Locked thread