Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I have never heard of a Chargers fan in Oregon. They're all 49ers fans or Seahawks fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Arizona is all Bears and Seahawks fans it seems.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Yes, the Chargers are the favorite out of state team for Missouri. The state that a divisional rival plays in.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
That map may be right for Wisconsin as a lot of southern WI is actually closer to Chicago than GB. My wife's family in Racine are Bears fans. Her cousin posted lol on my FB after Rodgers got hurt.

Guess who got the last laugh?
:smug:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Leon Einstein posted:

That map may be right for Wisconsin as a lot of southern WI is actually closer to Chicago than GB. My wife's family in Racine are Bears fans. Her cousin posted lol on my FB after Rodgers got hurt.

Guess who got the last laugh?
:smug:

I have a dozen stories exactly like this. Bears fans were very, very confident they were going to win that game.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Here's a bigger version of the map:

The packers are by far and away the second most popular team in Minnesota so I'm not sure if this is one of those maps where there are three jags fans when the trend says there should be one.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Bip Roberts posted:

The packers are by far and away the second most popular team in Minnesota so I'm not sure if this is one of those maps where there are three jags fans when the trend says there should be one.

They're being entranced by Blake Bortles' siren song

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

wandler20 posted:

What the gently caress is this thing? Rhode Island going Titans, Maine Jets? I can't imagine either liking anything other than the Pats. Why is Alaska for the Colts? Or Montana the Jags?

Maybe the map excludes teams with part of the state in their territory? But even then it makes zero sense.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

a neat cape posted:

Yes, the Chargers are the favorite out of state team for Missouri. The state that a divisional rival plays in.

Watch it be people casually following the Rams and the "analysis" failed to separate LAC and LAR.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
There's no way the Titans are any state's favorite anywhere.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

weird Asian candy posted:

Arizona is all Bears and Seahawks fans it seems.

anyone over maybe 40 in arizona is a cowboys fan

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Man in South Dakota:

“google, search how to cope with depression”
“got it! Showing results for the Miami Dolphins fan board”

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
WV is definitely Steelers territory.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
As an Alaskan I can say I know no Colts fans. The closest we have to a state team are the Seahawks, and then after I’d say it’s the NFC North teams as most of the population is from the Midwest.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

wandler20 posted:

What a dumbass map. Idaho, Wyoming and Nebraska all root for the Broncos. Kansas is probably an even split between them and the Chiefs.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Definitely bad data.

There is no way the 49ers are Vermont's fav out of state team. It is and always will be the Giants.

People searching up what Jimmy G's up to doesn't mean the 49ers are their favorite.

And Missouri most certainly isn’t full of Rams Fans, obviously it’s the Chargers

E:fb

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

hifi posted:

anyone over maybe 40 in arizona is a cowboys fan

I've been pleasantly surprised by the lack of Cowboy fans I have met. I wish I could say the same for Seahawk fans.

Cowboys do make sense though given geographic location.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

jimmychoo posted:

Here's where I say I'm a woman :j:

But thanks all for the encouragement, I hope to take his family and his family's family down one notch at a time until I break their spirits and wallets!!!!!

Sorry for the assumption, not many ladies in these parts but that actually makes it much, much better please win and make these fools feel your wrath

Regarding the map, I thought it was kind of funny that there are only 16 teams on there by my count. So half of all teams didn't make the cut, which actually seems optimistic to me

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I bet RI is just Pats fans googling about ex-Pats on the Titans (GM, HC, RB, etc.)

Saucer Crab
Apr 3, 2009

Zerilan posted:

WV is definitely Steelers territory.

They must be figuring the out of state stuff weird since the Giants not ending up for either New York or New Jersey yet for states the next ring out is weird.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

GIANTS looks like a Snickers label.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1040340293168574464

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Dude is gonna go to prison.

jimmychoo
Sep 30, 2008

Play posted:

Sorry for the assumption

Bless you, Play.

Here's also where I pose: what's Carolina's biggest challenge this week/season, that a hurricane is coming to destroy us or that Greg Olsen broke his foot

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Lol why

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1040342763877879809?s=19

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1040342602548166658?s=19

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

I've been pleasantly surprised by the lack of Cowboy fans I have met. I wish I could say the same for Seahawk fans.

Cowboys do make sense though given geographic location.

Didn't Arizona sign Emmitt Smith just because there were so many Cowboy fans in AZ?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Flikken posted:

Dude is gonna go to prison.

But when though? Week 7?

Worth it, work that man until the feds knock on the facility door

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

GIANTS looks like a Snickers label.

I was going to post this! It's uncanny!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

sharknado slashfic posted:

Maryland is definitely the Steelers, there's no way

same for west virginia. No way you're telling me any of those coal sniffers give a poo poo about the r*dskins as they jerk off about the blue collar lunch pale aryan steelers

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

sharknado slashfic posted:

Maryland is definitely the Steelers, there's no way

i was in frederick once and there was a full-blown yinzer deli

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

wandler20 posted:

Didn't Arizona sign Emmitt Smith just because there were so many Cowboy fans in AZ?

No clue and I wasn't around for that so :shrug:

Just going off talking to people now, there is a TON of Seahawk fans and A LOT of Bear fans. There are Cowboy fans as well, but not nearly as much from who I have spoken with but I'm sure there is also a ton.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

Absolutely

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

On March 26, 2003, Smith signed a two-year contract as a free agent with the Arizona Cardinals, who were not only looking for Smith to improve their team, but also helped them promote it with their local fan base.

lol

It has to be one of their worst FA signings in franchise history.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
It was funny because they let Thomas Jones leave at the same time and after a 1 year stint in Tampa he went on to have 5 straight 1000 yard seasons with the Bears and the JEts

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

On March 26, 2003, Smith signed a two-year contract as a free agent with the Arizona Cardinals, who were not only looking for Smith to improve their team, but also helped them promote it with their local fan base.

lol

I think its cause the Cardinals didn't move to Phoenix until the late 80s and were terrible the entirety of the 90s, so there was already a big Dallas fanbase built in there.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I think its cause the Cardinals didn't move to Phoenix until the late 80s and were terrible the entirety of the 90s, so there was already a big Dallas fanbase built in there.

Makes sense. Also would make sense if I am seeing less now because the Cowboys haven't done shite in years.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

lol

And this was after the Cowboys ran him into the ground in a down season just so he could break Payton's record lol

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
So since Gruden seemed to want to tank the raiders season as hard as possible are there any studies on the long term viability of a team in a new city vs immediate success of that team?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Here's a table in the grocery store in a twin cities suburb:

The only reason the Packers wouldn't be number two in Minnesota is if they were number one instead.

• Locked thread